Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
I was just told I wasn't a Christian... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

daddinar

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:36 pm
In another Christian guild I was in, I was kicked out by the captain because she said I wasn't a Christian. She told us that there is no purgatory, God has not appeared to us in any way (even through angels) since his ascension into heaven, and the Holy Bible is the only place where God speaks to us. I disagreed with her on all of this and she told me since I believed in it, I wasn't a Christian.

Does that truly not making me a Christian by believing in those things? I don't understand.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:40 pm
You are who you decide to be. You are who you define yourself, not how other people define you. Your beliefs are your own, and that's what makes you unique. Simply because another person has a different belief, does not mean you are not Christian.

God speaks to us in more than just the Bible, and the purgatory MUST be needed! I don't think God is cruel enough to send everyone who does not know of the Bible to hell.

I myself know what it's like to not be called Christian because I'm half Buddhist, but I know I am who I am.  

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200

daddinar

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:50 pm
I'm a Catholic and I can't tell you how many Christians will consider me not Christian. You try to disagree and know in your heart it is wrong but the devil knows the places that hurt most.

I guess my mother was right, then... about the dark night of the soul.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:08 pm
Catholicism is much rivaled nowadays by many "Christian" religions, which in fact are not Christian. The New Age movement of religions is becoming very unstable, and causing much harm to people with frail minds that cannot understand the true small message of Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit, which is to love everyone like yourself, and live life purely to its full beauty of goodness, and purity.

I don't know what exactly you're talking about in the dark night in the soul comment, but don't be afraid. God is with you, if you believe in him, and he will not let evil truly hurt you c:  

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:06 pm
I've been locked inside that house, all the while You hold key
And I've been dying to get out, though that might be the death of me

@Phantom: That captain sounds legalistic...There are certain things you need to believe in to be Christian (God is real, Jesus died for our sins, Trinity theory, etc.), and I don't believe all Catholics are Christian (there's wolves in any congregation), but Catholics can definitely be Christian.

@XSK: A 'dark night of the soul' is like a period of doubt or pain a believer might suffer. Look here.

And I don't know how you can be Buddhist and Christian, unless you put the Christian beliefs first...

And all I'm asking is for You to do what you can with me
But I can't ask You to give what You already gave

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:22 pm
@ EverBlue: From what I'm thinking, being half Buddhist and half Christian is where you belive there is one god and he has a son that died for us etc., but there's the Buddhist's way of becoming one with the universe around you and spiritual peace with the assistance of God of corse.

Bioluminescent Sharpies

5,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:00 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

If you believe in your heart that God sent his son to die on a cross for our sins and you accept him as your lord and savior then you are a Christian... that's all there is to it.

I don't personally believe in purgatory because I've not found scripture to back it up... but that's my belief and unless God himself reveals differently to me then that's the way I will believe.

God appears to us in MANY ways because is everything. Everything that isn't sin is from God. In the blessings and pains and trials in our lives God reveals himself to us. God speaks to us through prayer!!! He answers every single prayer sent to him, even if we choose not to accept/hear the answer given!

I am sorry that you were persecuted by another believer because your views are different. The only one who can truly judge is God and that person, and every other human is not God.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:36 am
how rude of her maybe faithful quenga should have a conversation with her as guild leader to guild leader about that.  

Cha cha miku

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:18 am
I am sorry that this captian claimed you not to be Christian, Phantom.
The Lord is the only one who can truly judge, and I'm very sure that they are not Him. If I'm mistaken....wow. o.o
Anyhow, if you believe that He sent His son to die on a cross for us, you believe him to be your lord and savior, then you are Christian.
God DOES appear to us! Whether you choose to listen and accept, He answers all your prayers, and guides you. Everything good was made(and is being made ^^)by Him.

(Yesh, I do know that everything I just said has been posted all ready, but why not post it in my own words? : ))

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:52 am
faithful quenga
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

If you believe in your heart that God sent his son to die on a cross for our sins and you accept him as your lord and savior then you are a Christian... that's all there is to it.

I don't personally believe in purgatory because I've not found scripture to back it up... but that's my belief and unless God himself reveals differently to me then that's the way I will believe.

God appears to us in MANY ways because is everything. Everything that isn't sin is from God. In the blessings and pains and trials in our lives God reveals himself to us. God speaks to us through prayer!!! He answers every single prayer sent to him, even if we choose not to accept/hear the answer given!

I am sorry that you were persecuted by another believer because your views are different. The only one who can truly judge is God and that person, and every other human is not God.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

Here are some quotes in scripture. For the first two I couldn't find them on the internet to write them down but you can find it if you look it up in your Bible. Also, the concept of Purgatory is also just common sense. Once in Hell, you can't get out. You cannot be forgiven of sins there. In Heaven, your sins are already forgiven... "nothing unclean can enter heaven". If there is no place dubbed "purgatory", then everybody would be going to Hell... no one is perfect. It's a state (rather than an actual place) where the soul is cleansed by fire (John the Baptist also speaks about the cleansing fire).

Here's a few I found:

Quote:
2 Mac 12:45 - For if he were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would have been superfluous and foolish to pray for the dead. But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Therefore he made atonement for the dead, so that they might be delivered from their sin.

1 Cor 15:29 - Otherwise, what will those people do who receive baptism on behalf of the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people Baptized on their behalf?

"may the Lord grant that he will find mercy from the lord on that day" - 2nd Timothy 1:16-18

"After his death, Jesus went to preach to the Spirits in prison" - 1 Pet 3:19

"Nothing unclean can enter heaven" - Rev 21:27

"The work of each will builder will come to light, for the day will disclose it. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire [itself] will test the quality of each one's work. If the work stands that someone built upon the foundation, that person will receive a wage. But if someone’s work is burned up, that one will suffer loss, the person will be saved, but only as through fire." - 1 Corinthians 3:11-15

And, thank you for everything.  

daddinar

Shy Phantom

daddinar

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:55 am
xxEverBluexx
1]@Phantom: That captain sounds legalistic...There are certain things you need to believe in to be Christian (God is real, Jesus died for our sins, Trinity theory, etc.), and I don't believe all Catholics are Christian (there's wolves in any congregation), but Catholics can definitely be Christian.

@XSK: A 'dark night of the soul' is like a period of doubt or pain a believer might suffer. Look here.

I agree totally on that. I know many Catholics who cannot be considered Catholic or Christian in the least. (and, quick note... the Trinity isn't a "theory". Technically, it's a "mystery" of the faith... if that makes sense!)

Dark night of the soul, that's completely correct. Even the greatest saints go through it but it doesn't make you feel great in the least.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:57 am
Spooky Bunnyland
how rude of her maybe faithful quenga should have a conversation with her as guild leader to guild leader about that.

I sent her an angry letter... so did someone else, though <3 God bless her.  

daddinar

Shy Phantom

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:07 am
In order to be a Christian the Bible says you must be a believer in Christ, that He is the Lord and Saviour, be willing to take His name upon yourself, and obey all His commandments. If you do that, then you are a Christian.

I know how you feel though, I have been frequently told by people that I am not a Christian because of some of the beliefs I have. Don't let any one discourage you. The opinions of others do not matter. Jesus knows you are a Christian and so do you.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:45 am
I was once told some very good advice. It said that we, as Christians, should not compare our faith to others. We should compare our faith to Jesus Christ, and him alone. Our ultimate goal is not to become like other people, it is to become more like Jesus.

YOU know that you are a Christian; that is all that matters. You do not need to prove anything to this person. Christ will reveal himself through your actions; if another person does not see it, there isn't much you can do about it but move on.  

Saint Crazy The Follower

Gregar828

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:11 pm
Some people are just stupid. That guild captain is one of them. Dont listen to stupid people.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff