Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
She keeps bugging me... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:30 pm
User Image

About all of my piercings. >=/
My grandma keeps telling me to read Leviticus.
And she has this attitude about it and I just want to explode.

She says it's wrong to have piercings of any kind. =/

I don't get them to show off, I get them because I like them.

So how do I get her to quit?
It is so irritating to deal with her holier than thou attitude.

My pastor says that it's alright to have tattoos and piercings. >=(

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:14 pm
I assume your grandmother also holds to hebrew dietary laws? Don't dig on swine?

If you're going to use the old testament better be sure you use all of it not just some of it. Esspecially if you're trying to prove a point... (Do NOT point this out to your grandmother that would be bad lol)

Why not take them out when around her? If it makes her stumble in her faith don't do it around her.  

Azkeel

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:39 pm
User Image

Because they will close up and my nose ring i have to get cut out. It's stuck. =/
It will hurt and I fail to see the big deal in it.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:37 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

Because they will close up and my nose ring i have to get cut out. It's stuck. =/
It will hurt and I fail to see the big deal in it.

User Image
to quote another member:

VK Fox
Christians have a lot of liberty, but we have a lot of responsiblilty as well. Let's use person A and person B. A thinks tattoos are ok, but B thinks it's a sin. A and B are walking to an outlet mall to get some CiCi's for dinner. Next door is a tattoo parlor. A goes inside and B follows. A gets a tattoo, causing B much religious trouble. B thinks it is wrong and begins to struggle with his faith because A got the tattoo. A has sinned, but not because A got the tattoo. A sinned because he caused brother B to stumble.
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

just replace the tattoo for piercings or having piercings.

I have 3 lip piercings, I've had them 1 since I was 14 and the rest since 16 and I'm pretty much 22 now. The closer I get with the Lord, the more I think about what my piercings mean to me. Because honestly, I got them because I liked them and I wanted because I thought I would look better, and they made me feel good about myself. I think constantly about taking them out, and seriously, I don't want to because of how much they are a part of me. But what does that say about what I think of God "No Lord I will not take out my piercings because these worldly things make me feel good and I don't want to part with them" That's just a lousy excuse.

I used to get angry when people would ask me to remove my piercings because who were they to tell me what I could wear or not, but it caused them to stumble and it was unfair of me to do that.

And now that I write all this... I realize that I need to take my piercings out. God has been calling me to it for quite sometime and now I will listen to him.

thank you for posting this because God used it to get to me. mrgreen

...Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:47 pm
User Image

I'm not paying or going through the pain of getting my nose ring taken out.
Too much scar tissue, too much hassle. Too much money. Not going to do it.
It is stuck in there i cant move it or twist it without it hurting really bad.

And you cant even see the ones in my ear due to my hair being down all the time. So.... If you cant see them then what is the big deal?

And I'm moving out soon so if she isn't going to see them then I see no point in taking them out. And if it is alright with God to have piercings then well not to be blunt but if he doesn't care others shouldn't either quite frankly what I do with the body God gave me is is between me and him not me him and everyone else.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:47 am
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

I'm not paying or going through the pain of getting my nose ring taken out.
Too much scar tissue, too much hassle. Too much money. Not going to do it.
It is stuck in there i cant move it or twist it without it hurting really bad.

And you cant even see the ones in my ear due to my hair being down all the time. So.... If you cant see them then what is the big deal?

And I'm moving out soon so if she isn't going to see them then I see no point in taking them out. And if it is alright with God to have piercings then well not to be blunt but if he doesn't care others shouldn't either quite frankly what I do with the body God gave me is is between me and him not me him and everyone else.

User Image
You have much to learn... Why do you defend your piercings? You can't have two masters... The flesh or the spirit and you must choose.  

Azkeel

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:24 am
Never honor your flesh. The flesh is only temporary. Put God before all things. smile

Pray for your grandmother.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:02 pm
User Image

If God doesn't have a problem with piercings then other humans shouldn't either.
If you have a problem then mind your own business, we will all be judged in the end.
Her opinion and other opinions does not matter because they are not God.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:22 pm
User Image

Also I think it's kinda stupid that y'all are saying that I'm choosing flesh over the spirit.

If this was the case then God would say that we shouldn't have any possessions whatsoever.

Granted we should be willing, but that doesn't mean that we have to actually give them up.

And if God is ok with piercings then how is that a sin?
If anything my grandma being judgmental is a sin. =/

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:24 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

If God doesn't have a problem with piercings then other humans shouldn't either.
If you have a problem then mind your own business, we will all be judged in the end.

User Image

I agree with you. People shouldnt hassle you about it. It's unchristian like and If these so called christians have a problem with your piercing then they arent worrying about their own business. smile  

Alice_ofthe_Killjoys

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:25 pm
adamlambertsluvr44
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

User Image

I agree with you. People shouldnt hassle you about it. It's unchristian like and If these so called christians have a problem with your piercing then they arent worrying about their own business. smile
User Image

Thank you. =)

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:26 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
adamlambertsluvr44
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

User Image

User Image

Thank you. =)

User Image

Youre very welcome. smile  

Alice_ofthe_Killjoys

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:19 pm
I think that one thing these guys are trying to get you to look at is why do you have these piercings? And are you so attatched to them that if God were to ask you to take them off, would you disobey?

I'm not really sure about the whole piercing controversy. So I'm taking neither side in the argument. I'm just trying to get translate the others' comments.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:25 pm
Oh and they're also talking about being careful not to make others fall. I'm assuming they're referring to I Corinthians chapter 8 there. And VK's quote that faithful showed was a good example. I suggest reading I Corinthians 8 if you haven't. smile

I guess this is a reason why Romans 12:17 tells us to be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. That way, others won't fall.  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:28 pm
User Image

Since I'm afraid of being tattooed... They do have meanings behind them, kinda like a tattoo.
But i cant say what they mean because then they will loose their meanings.
Plus really it isn't anyones business, you don't need to know what the meanings are.

But I didn't get them for the sake of just getting them.
That right there would be stupid.
If I want to put a piece of metal through my body it needs to have a meaning behind it.

User Image

Advice ~ because we care

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces