Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Egypt and Stuff Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:19 pm
User Image

So my Grandma got a letter from this John Hagee guy in the mail.
Same with my mom and lots of other people.
Anyway, in a nutshell it says that what is happening in the middle east is leading up to the end of days.

TBH I didn't believe in the rapture because I saw this documentary on it.
It has already happened way back in Rome. I cant explain it but there was a lot of proof against the rapture and it was all scripture.
Plus I was always told that there isn't scriptural evidence in a rapture or whatever.

I'm am pretty confuzzled. I don't know what to believe.
Can someone shed some light on this?

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:05 pm
well if the rapture was going to happen, which i think will, then all the christians/ people who believe in christ and that he died on the cross for our sins, we will be saved before all hell breaks loose, and if it doesn't happen then well at least our sould is ready and we are all going to be messed up on earth and happy in heaven. so either way i don't think it matters, its all just a test of faith one way or another.  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:32 pm
User Image

Good point.

Anyway in the middle east, this is the norm.
Government goes corrupt, gets overthrown, new government forms, and the cycle repeats.
What makes this any different?

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:20 pm
First, please understand that whenever a world crisis starts, there will always be those people who start spewing "end of the world" nonsense. You can't take them too seriously.

However, the problems in Egypt ARE extremely relevant right now, especially for Israel. Egypt is one of the few Arab nations that has declared Neutrality towards Israel, while most others are doing everything in their power to wipe it off the face of the earth. Some people are afraid that with Hosni Mubarak (The, as of today, former, President of Egypt) out of power, Islamic Extremists will take power, and move to destroy Israel. And seeing as Egypt is right next to Israel on the west side, and Israel's East Side has Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Lebanon, etc., Israel will be utterly destroyed, since it cannot fight a war on two fronts. If that starts to happen, the United States will intervene, and possibly the European Union. If that happens, we may be forced into a war the likes of which we haven't seen since Vietnam. We COULD avoid that, but we would be turning our backs on Israel. On top of that, there's a prophecy: "The world will end when the world turns it's back on Israel." Now please understand that this will most likely NOT be the case, since Egypt is better than most other Arab nations as far as government corruption (though it is certainly still a huge problem.) They will most likely simply elect a new president, and hopefully, things will get better. As of now, Egypt is currently under Martial Law (Military runs everything) after Mubarak stepped down officially, so hopefully Order will return soon before Egypt delves into chaos without a leader.  

Gregar828

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:20 pm
who knows, i'm not saying that the end wont come i'm just saying its going to come when we least expect it. like a terrible surprise party, or a gorrilla in your birthday cake.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:30 pm
User Image

Israel will never be destroyed.
God will protect his people.

But still you are right this is a touchy and scary situation.
Now I understand about how this is a big deal, I hope that all will work out.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:41 pm
i would like to see people solve their problems withought violence, but we are only human, so i highly doubt it will happen, i can be happy that god will fix it in the end  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:27 pm
Israel will be just fine if the surrounding nations decided to attack. Remember the Six Days War? You don't screw with the Musad. Period.

Also, I don't quite recall that prophecy in the scriptures. Would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction?  

rosadria

Zamandius

Swashbuckling Nerd

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:59 pm
VK Fox
Israel will be just fine if the surrounding nations decided to attack. Remember the Six Days War? You don't screw with the Musad. Period.

Also, I don't quite recall that prophecy in the scriptures. Would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction?

i'm sorry it's not very helpful, but, it's in Revelations somewhere...i hope someone else knows exactly where xd

what i do remember is that when all the world turns against Israel, God WILL protect His people, the Israelites.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:08 pm
Don't be so naive. Yes, Israel survived the six days war, but if the Muslim world decides to converge on Israel, and Egypt leads the attack to the west while the others strike from the east, Israel will be wiped out if the United States and the European Union do not interfere.

As for the prophecy.......maybe that was a bad choice of words on my part. I should have said prediction, seeing as it was predicted by humans. But hey, it kind of makes sense. If we allow Israel to be destroyed, the Islamic world will aim for the U.S.A. next, which, more than likely, would result in the Third World War.  

Gregar828

rosadria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:25 pm
Six nations, each one larger than Israel, formed a coalition that invaded. Six days later, Israel's territory had doubled and every single enemy was fleeing from the borders. The Muslim world already tried it, and they failed.
I'm sure Estados Unidos had something to do with it, if you get my drift, but the fact remains that such a thing was already tried and they failed. You can't underestimate how good the Israelis are at defending their home territory. We will interfere in much the same manner we fight dirty wars and all that jazz. The EU is an economic bloc, not a military power. I wouldn't imagine seeing them putting their fingers in war pies too much either way.Plus, consider that the Egyptian military has declared martial law. They're far too busy trying to control their country to attack a country that they have a peace treaty with, and already beat their faces in once. At most we might see a few terrorist recruiting / training facilities sprout up in rural areas where the military has no time to bother with. If the new regine is pro American and at least pretends to be democratic, then nothing will change.

That was what I was getting at. It's a human prediction, not a God breathed prophecy. The Islamic world, al-Qaeda to be specific, has already launched attacks against the US. Iran is attempting to get political allies in South America. World War Three will come as it comes. These days, every single issue that comes up with Iran or Korea or anything in the East is seen as a potential spark, and all the paranoia is getting fairly old. Fact is, Estados Unidos has always been a target. Always will be. They call us "the great Satan."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:40 pm
I belive before this new state of Israel was formed the British were going to drop the "Jews" off in Uganda first after ww2. Remember a nation is not it's government. The nation of Israel will always exist because it is in fact a blood-line. Now the government of Israel is a different matter. Would our Father's chosen people bomb palistien and bomb medical supplies? Are not the Fathers chosen people now the followers of the Messiah? Do we no longer live by the flesh? If we are to no longer live by the flesh what is the reason for a physical war? I thought our war is spiritual...  

Azkeel

Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:17 am
Joel C. Rosenberg

Read his books at a library near you! wink

(order of books on page from top to bottom: Newest book, non-fiction books, realistic fiction series)

Also the way I think of it, from a purely worldly perspective, Israel is in major trouble.
Taking the Bible into account, once they start attacking Israel, everyone else is in trouble because we're hitting end days.

That's my two cents. Cheery, no? heart

And be careful about where your getting you information from. I still can't decide how much of people ragging on Israel comes from their genuine actions, and how much comes from haters.
There was one thing about a treaty Israel proposed which others felt could be trusted because Israel was building in a certain area? Israel declared that they would put off development for 10 months as a show of peace even though there wasn't anything wrong with building in the area they had been. Israel waited, and waited, and waited.
10 months came and went and construction started once again. There was an immediate up cry that this 'proved' Israels unwillingness make an honest treaty. That she couldn't be trusted and would continue her oppression of the Palestinian people.

And although our war is largely spiritual, I personally don't believe God actually has a problem with fighting *for the right reasons*. Thus you must decide if Israel is fighting for good reasons, or because they're some sort of regional dictator. For that you need to look at many sides to the issue, and not just the popular media.

It's 2 am and I'm not sure if this will actually be a very clean post to read in the morning. . .  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:29 am
That I understand about the rapture, I don't think the Egypt thing is leading towards the end of days. I mean, the rapture will come at a totally random (to us) day.
And actually, there is scripture on the rapture. I don't know it right off my head, but it says how Jesus will come in the sky, with the dead spirits with Him. The dead in Christ, they will get new bodies. And then after that, those who are live in Christ are risen up to meet Him in the air. We just vanish.
After the rapture is the seven years. Those are the last days. So until the rapture happens, we can't tell when the end of days are coming. There is no way to know until it happens.

JennaLeeStar

Original Nerd

7,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Profitable 100

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:13 pm
Everything is leading up to the end of days. Jesus said there will be wars, famines, earthquakes, and all sorts of terrible things before he comes back.

Remember Chernobyl? The star named Wormwood that fell and spread disease over the land?

Whether one particular event happens or not, it's not like we weren't getting closer to the end anyway. If you weren't worried before, there's no reason to be worried now. Everything is in God's hands.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff