Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
I believe in god, but this christ stuff doesn't add up. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kozmog

O.G. Conventioneer

14,175 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:26 am
I'm not sure if I can call myself a christian anymore.

The bible was written by man, how could all of this be true?

I mean I'm pretty sure they would have had a special grave sight for Jesus so that way we don't have to look for him >_>

And just because Eve ate the apple doesn't mean we all women have painful childbirths.

I can go on and on about this but you get the point right? I believe something somewhere, created the universe but I don't see him as this big strict person thats forcing us to worship him and scaring us half to death.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:58 am
Scripture was inspired by God, but written by man. The doctrine contained within the scriptures is all true.

Jesus was resurrected, so why would He need a grave site?

Pain in childbirth is a consequence of the fall. And yes, all women must endure pain before the miracle of birth.

We don't really know what the forbidden fruit was. It could've been an apple, an orange, a pomegranite, etc. Either way, the type of fruit she ate isn't the important detail.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Kozmog

O.G. Conventioneer

14,175 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:33 am
Shadows-shine
Scripture was inspired by God, but written by man. The doctrine contained within the scriptures is all true.

Pain in childbirth is a consequence of the fall. And yes, all women must endure pain before the miracle of birth.

We don't really know what the forbidden fruit was. It could've been an apple, an orange, a pomegranite, etc. Either way, the type of fruit she ate isn't the important detail.
It wasn't our fault though. Why should we have to suffer from her mistake?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:30 am
A Fallen Temstar
Shadows-shine

Eve was punished for her transgression, but we still have the effects of the consequences from the choice that she made. It's just like if I were to make the decision to turn into on coming traffic and ended up crashing my car, the person in the passenger seat gets injured, it wasn't their fault that I chose to make the turn at the wrong time, but yet they still deal with the consequences of my choice. Our choices affect others.

The consequences of the Fall are upon all men. We are physically separated from God, subject to mortality, sickness, etc. because of Adam and Eve partaking of the fruit.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:13 pm
Shadows-shine

Nope, this is why we have Epidurals and good pain killers. Giving birth is not as painful as it used to be. ;o
I know that if I ever have kids I will tell those doctors to dope my up.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:19 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
Shadows-shine

Nope, this is why we have Epidurals and good pain killers. Giving birth is not as painful as it used to be. ;o
I know that if I ever have kids I will tell those doctors to dope my up.

I've given birth and will be giving birth again next month. Even though there are pain killers and epidurals, you still will experience pain. The doctors won't administer an epiduarl until you are about to give birth. Pain killers are given at the request of the patient and they only dull the pain slightly.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Kozmog

O.G. Conventioneer

14,175 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:22 pm
Shadows-shine
A Fallen Temstar
Shadows-shine

Eve was punished for her transgression, but we still have the effects of the consequences from the choice that she made. It's just like if I were to make the decision to turn into on coming traffic and ended up crashing my car, the person in the passenger seat gets injured, it wasn't their fault that I chose to make the turn at the wrong time, but yet they still deal with the consequences of my choice. Our choices affect others.

The consequences of the Fall are upon all men. We are physically separated from God, subject to mortality, sickness, etc. because of Adam and Eve partaking of the fruit.

Thats kinda hard for me to live with believing. And what about the Garden of Eden? Its located in the Middle East but the first humans were discovered in Tanzania.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:59 pm
Think about it this way, God KNEW us before HE created the entire UNIVERSE. He was probably testing Eve as He does to us today, and when Eve ate that apple, God already had another plan for us and that plan was to send Jesus Christ FOR US. We won't be able to understand God and His holiness - our minds cannot fathom it. And if you're doubting God, take those up to Him. He can control anything and everything.  

Icy Cult

Popular Sex Symbol

Icy Cult

Popular Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:01 pm
A Fallen Temstar
Shadows-shine
A Fallen Temstar
Shadows-shine

Thats kinda hard for me to live with believing. And what about the Garden of Eden? Its located in the Middle East but the first humans were discovered in Tanzania.

You're reading the WRONG stuff my friend.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:58 pm
we all doubt God and his word at some point in our lives, but wen i do i remember what God has done for me and the prayers he has answered yes to. whee  

Harmony Rosaline

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:16 pm
A Fallen Temstar

Actually no one is really sure where the Garden of Eden is located. There are many, many speculations about its location. And as for the first human remains being found in Africa, that's very possible that that is accurate. Adam and Eve didn't remain in the Garden after the fall, who knows how far they wandered or traveled in their life times, not to mention where all their children had traveled to. So it's possible that the "first" human remains could have been found in Africa.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:17 pm
Siimple Servant

Me?  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

animeisawesome12

4,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:44 pm
Shadows-shine
Siimple Servant

Me?

I think he means the 'first humans discovered in Tanzania' thing?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:46 pm
animeisawesome12
Shadows-shine
Siimple Servant

Me?

I think he means the 'first humans discovered in Tanzania' thing?

Ah...okay. sweatdrop I wasn't sure because it showed as though he was quoting me in my notifcations.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas