Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Non-NaruChat Sub (Talk about anything & everything) [LOCKED]
Seriously Obama? Seriously? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koneko Kuromira

7,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:52 pm
I know a lot of people here have no interest in politics, but I need to vent, so . . . . yeah. You can ignore me if you want . . .

For those of you still reading, you might want to first read this article to understand what I'm referring to.

Now I can't claim to be a political expert and I certainly can't claim to know ALL the facts, but after reading that article . . . I want to strangle something -- or someone. "Framework for Shared Prosperity and Shared Fiscal Responsibility"? Really? Shared Prosperity? Where's the prosperity sharing when you're planning on cutting "$400 billion to "security spending"--that is, defense--by 2023"? He wants to cut that much out of defense? The military? Does he know how many people rely on the military? Not just for general protection for the entire country but also all those that work for the military, both active-duty and civilian.

My dad's retired military. He works now for a contracting agency that helps train troops for various scenarios they might encounter when going different places, working closely with pretty high-ranking officers. He used to travel all the time to places like Cairo and Kuwait for that job to help run training exercises -- the sorts of things where he couldn't talk about what they were doing and what he knew until it had already hit the news. But now, with all these cuts they're talking about making to "security spending", it's looking like the company is going to have to down-size and my dad might not have a job come the summer. My mom's a middle school guidance counselor, so it's not like we can depend on HER paycheck alone, especially when paying out-of-state tuition for me to attend this wonderful university that I love so much and want to continue attending and my brother a full-time student in a community college planning on transferring to a real college soon.

Shared prosperity? Seriously, Obama? I'm only one of MANY that would be HURT by such a cut. Does he think this is going to FIX the current economy? No. It's only making things WORSE. One of my friends here -- a grad student in Aerospace Engineering -- told me about her internship that she's had for quite a while now but has been effectively laid off of since the company is losing funding due to such CUTS -- and she's not the only one! People that have actual JOBS at that company, who depend on the paycheck they get from their job to support their families, have no idea if they'll even get another paycheck in a couple of weeks. Again, shared prosperity? Where is this so-called prosperity? I am certainly not seeing it. All I see are lives about to be ruined.

Are you happy now, Obama?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:56 pm
I kinda agree with you on this cause my dad works for the union too.(Heavy duty mechanic on tanks, jets, and dumptrucks) and he already got passed to keep his job but if he did loose it me and him would be dead. No mom n this family to try to depend on =/  

little mintchan

Heroic Mage

17,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:01 pm
All i know of politics is that as of the start of this year, england had paid off its dept to america for help in world war II.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:01 pm
I understand everything you're saying. I didn't get a good chance to read the article, so are there any pros to what he's doing?  

Jeremiah Saint Cloud

Eloquent Capitalist

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:03 pm
From what i read?
Rich cant avoid tax
pretty much it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:28 pm
X- TMT -X
I understand everything you're saying. I didn't get a good chance to read the article, so are there any pros to what he's doing?

Pretty much what Wings said: "Tax reform aimed at closing loopholes that favor the rich, allowing for a lowering of overall rates." That's the only point I can see that might turn out well . . . the rest I either don't know enough about or sound like a bad idea to me, like this one:

"Cuts to other mandatory programs--the White House listed agricultural subsidies, the federal pension insurance system, and anti-fraud measures--worth $360 billion by 2023"

Cutting support for anti-fraud measures? Seriously? Thaaaanks Obama. It seems like you want to spread the wealth around . . . by making it easier for people to STEAL that wealth. Lovely.  

Koneko Kuromira

7,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:32 pm
No matter how much that hurts the people who work for the military, it helps the working people who are struggling that are not in the military. Right now, we're in an era of momentary peace, so why keep waisting the billions that are being used on the military when there is no use for it? I've seen soldiers that drive extremely expensive cars and live in mansions just because they guard in Asia. It's not fair to the lower working country to get paid miserably, when the soldiers are living like kings for just guarding and doing nothing. When they went to war and shot their asses off, they deserve the life of kings, but while they do nothing, they don't.

I believe Obama, or any president should've done this a long while ago to fix the damn economy. Though I also believe Obama is talking pure bullshit on doing this because he's said that since he got the presidencial seat. I don't believe in any sort of politicians any more.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:40 pm
XSK Ambrosia
No matter how much that hurts the people who work for the military, it helps the working people who are struggling that are not in the military. Right now, we're in an era of momentary peace, so why keep waisting the billions that are being used on the military when there is no use for it? I've seen soldiers that drive extremely expensive cars and live in mansions just because they guard in Asia. It's not fair to the lower working country to get paid miserably, when the soldiers are living like kings for just guarding and doing nothing. When they went to war and shot their asses off, they deserve the life of kings, but while they do nothing, they don't.

I believe Obama, or any president should've done this a long while ago to fix the damn economy. Though I also believe Obama is talking pure bullshit on doing this because he's said that since he got the presidencial seat. I don't believe in any sort of politicians any more.
You're bustin' my balls, man. You're bustin' my balls. Anyway, I understand this, too.  

Jeremiah Saint Cloud

Eloquent Capitalist

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Koneko Kuromira

7,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:50 pm
The only military officers that might come close to fitting into that description (that I know of) are really really high ranking ones. Like several-starred generals or Admirals or whatever. But by the time they HAVE gotten to that position, they've risked their lives plenty.

Era of peace? Really? You think so? I might not watch a whole lot of news, but last I checked, there was still a lot of conflict still going on overseas. Who knows when one of those conflicts will explode and then where will we be without any military support, hm? Better safe and ready than not and dead.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:59 pm
get with the program, no matter what they do the government will never be a tool for the middle class, it will only abide by the ******** cunts filling their pockets with money of hard working citizens. So attacking Obama doesn't mean s**t, the title of this topic should be "******** the Rich!" Obamas just an idiot that decided to step up to the plate of the impossible job and no matter what he does the economy will not recover on his watch, the only thing we can hope for is that the economy will be put on the right path and that means we need not narrow our focus on now but brace ourself for the next c**k sucker that makes more cuts and hope that the gap between the middle class and the rich will decrease and the greedy ******** learn to share the wealth.

Don't get distracted on Obama and blame the ones who built the real problem, the rich....  

Katsuro Sony

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:03 pm
So you're saying they SHOULD just keep wasting money on worthless s**t? Why do you think that people with no education at all go there most of the times? When the hard workers who studied and worked for what they want get paid less than half of soldiers who do nothing. How would you feel if someone who has done nothing in all his life and studied nothing got 20 times more money than you? I'd feel like s**t at least. We ARE in an era of peace momentarily. Do you see another world war? I don't see it. Do you see another war against the weak Japan? I don't. Men will always be at war even if they are small. It is the size of the fight that measures what you need.

Then again, I will repeat: This is nothing new. Obama has been saying this bullshit ever since he got the presidencial seat. There is nothing to be alarmed about if he has done nothing about what he said.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:15 pm
I've been studying the United States Military for several years now, and I just happen to have a great interest in the military conflicts they've been associated with since a real American Military was established, and you'd be surprised how many times the United States Military Forces has downsized. Not based on budget, neccesarily, but they're size isn't as big as it could be, or was. If a conflict were to blow up, too much, they would still be able to handle it. Due to how effeciant they have grown, due to these downsizings.

As for what Ambry said, comparing to the other military conflicts America has been in in the past, we are in a small state of peace. No World Wars, although one may be coming in a bit, no vietnam or one related, thank god, we are doin' better than normal.  

Jeremiah Saint Cloud

Eloquent Capitalist

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:19 pm
XSK Ambrosia
So you're saying they SHOULD just keep wasting money on worthless s**t? Why do you think that people with no education at all go there most of the times? When the hard workers who studied and worked for what they want get paid less than half of soldiers who do nothing. How would you feel if someone who has done nothing in all his life and studied nothing got 20 times more money than you? I'd feel like s**t at least. We ARE in an era of peace momentarily. Do you see another world war? I don't see it. Do you see another war against the weak Japan? I don't. Men will always be at war even if they are small. It is the size of the fight that measures what you need.

Then again, I will repeat: This is nothing new. Obama has been saying this bullshit ever since he got the presidencial seat. There is nothing to be alarmed about if he has done nothing about what he said.

Firstly, most mordern day technological advancments were developed for military uses, and with military funding.
Do you know how much training some military jobs take? Its alot more than just shooting people with guns. You'd be surprised with the mathamatics invovled in alot of military professions.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:31 pm
TheWingsOfTheGods
XSK Ambrosia

Firstly, most mordern day technological advancments were developed for military uses, and with military funding.
Do you know how much training some military jobs take? Its alot more than just shooting people with guns. You'd be surprised with the mathamatics invovled in alot of military professions.

You didn't take into account that those technological advances are from the engineers who are sent to the military. I'm talking about the soldiers. Engineers are greatly paid for technological advances, and for the mathematics used in their jobs. I, as a student at Mechanical engineering, always wanted to work for the NASA since I was little, not only because they pay well, but because they make the most technological advances and are the most prestigious for an engineer to work with. I am talking about the non-working class. The soldiers who just got out of school and are getting paid twice what an educated person gets.

The best weapons AND the best things come out of the military. But as a man of science, science is supposed to help the people.

Also, everyone here is aiming at the rich that they are getting more money. That statement is incorrect. My aunt is rich, and she's paying for things she never thought the government were stupid enough to take money from her for that. It's the entire working class that's paying, and the rich politicians who aren't. The rich working class are also having a distasteful time.  

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:35 pm
XSK Ambrosia
TheWingsOfTheGods
XSK Ambrosia

You didn't take into account that those technological advances are from the engineers who are sent to the military. I'm talking about the soldiers. Engineers are greatly paid for technological advances, and for the mathematics used in their jobs. I, as a student at Mechanical engineering, always wanted to work for the NASA since I was little, not only because they pay well, but because they make the most technological advances and are the most prestigious for an engineer to work with. I am talking about the non-working class. The soldiers who just got out of school and are getting paid twice what an educated person gets.

The best weapons AND the best things come out of the military. But as a man of science, science is supposed to help the people.

Also, everyone here is aiming at the rich that they are getting more money. That statement is incorrect. My aunt is rich, and she's paying for things she never thought the government were stupid enough to take money from her for that. It's the entire working class that's paying, and the rich politicians who aren't. The rich working class are also having a distasteful time.

i did take into account that its the engineers that do that. Hard not to when you training to be one. However, you statement, from my point of view atleast, seemed directed at the military in general, rather than just those who you believe go in with 'no education' (Even thought they gain education in what they need to know in the military, but whatever)  
Non-NaruChat Sub (Talk about anything & everything) [LOCKED]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff