Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Chat and Plot Zone
The Shrine Herd recruiting thread! -Open for Application! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:29 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to The Shrine herd!

This is a small herd that can trace its origins back hundreds of years. It is within these very lands that a select few soquili have been given the honor of guarding a great shrine and the treasures found within. Deep within the kawani lands, surrounded by great beauty, one will find a herd based on peace, tradition, and spirituality.

All are welcome, but one must be mindful and adhere to the rules and regulations found below.

Table.of.Contents
o1. Intro
o2. Map & Info
o3. Members
o4. Positions
o5. Application

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:30 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Shrine Herd sits on the far western side of the known kawani lands. They are tucked neatly between the mountains and hotsprings to their north and west, the tributaries and intertwining rivers that lead to the sea to their east, and the Great Western Swamp is found on their southernmost borders.

The land itself is fairly temperate. Being so close to the swamps as well as the sea means there is a greater source of humidity within the air. While this means hotter climates can be a bit more stifling as opposed to a dry heat, the humidity also keeps the land from becoming a frigid or barren wasteland in the winter. Winters are mild, and snow is fairly uncommon, unless one travels away from the herds territory and in to the mountains.

Temperatures average in the sixties all year round due to the moisture surrounding the land. Though the air has a humid touch, due to sitting in the rain shadow of the nearby mountains and hot springs, actual precipitation is limited and tends to jump further east of the Shrine Herd. Their rainiest seasons tend to be late spring, though a rogue rainstorm is known to sweep through during autumn. The summers are typically dry.

The Shrine itself is place near the heart of the herd. It resides along a river that cuts the herd's territory in half and is a centerpiece among its members. The neighboring land is fairly flat, though the further south one travels, the more the land transforms from plains in to swamp and wetland. The further north, the land becomes hillier as they reach the foothills that lead in to the mountains and neighboring hot-springs.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:33 am
Herd members

User Image
Alpha - Shrine Maiden

User Image
Protector

Caretaker of the Shrine: Bao
Spiritual guide and advisor: Yui Lian

Members:
Family -
Water Sign
Bonsai
Izanami
HIgashi no Watasumi
Juno of the Shrine
Hēi zhēnzhū

None Family -
Syon
Shu Shen
Aelita
Syri
Demi
Satine

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:34 am
Ranking Positions:

Alpha: Like a traditional horse herd, the alpha position is one of great power. It is always a female position, and she is looked to as the head of the herd. It is a position of great responsibility, as it is the alphas job to keep all the others within the herd safe and healthy. While certain issues might be taken up with other ranking members of the herd, ultimately the Alpha has the final say.

Protector: The Protector of the herd is always male, and he is given the task to keep guard over the Alpha. While the Alpha is usually his main responsibility, it isn't unusual for the protector to be the head of all things defensive. If trouble is brewing along the borders, the Protector will know. He is often in charge of other guards and warriors of the herd and is knowledgeable in the art of war and battle.

Shrine Caretaker: This is a respected and honored position within the Shrine. The head caretaker gives his or her duty to caring for the shrine itself, as well as the surrounding land. It is the Caretakers responsibility to make sure everything within the shrine is in its place, and the neighboring land in respectable condition. He or she devotes their life to making the Shrine presentable to outsiders, as well as knowing the history of the Shrine itself, and the treasure within.

Spiritual Guide & Advisor: The Spiritual Guide of the Shrine herd is also an honored position. The soquili granted with such a position is knowledgeable in the ways of meditation, spirituality, and wisdom. He or she is often found meditating near or within the shrine, and is known to lead most of the herds rituals and ceremonies. They give advice freely to others, and are known to help aid both physical and spiritual ailments. They do the work in the spirits names, and turn none away.

Non-Ranking Positions

Clerics: Clerics are physical healers of the herd. These soquili can be of any breed, but they must know how to treat physical ailments. Be it from using a source of power (like a unicorn horn) or understanding what local vegetation and herbs might best stop infection, the herd can never have too many with the healing touch. From fevers to more severe wounds, these soquili are called upon when guests or fellow herd members fall ill.

Monks: Any member within the herd can become a monk. Some take on the title for a few days while others give their life to such a service. It is solely up to the individual. Monks of the shrine tend to lead a different sort of lifestyle - it is full of spirituality and honor. There are certain codes they must follow i.e. not turn those in need away from help, meditation, eating only one meal before noon, assisting in festivals and rituals etc. but some take the position more or less seriously than others.

Guards: Those who take up the rank of guard are the first line of defense against those that might cause the herd harm. They often patrol the borders and a select few may guard the Shrine itself. They are not just guards, but warriors and defenders and are under the Protectors direct command.

Artisans: Artisans are those within the herd that have an artistic calling. An artisan will sort through stones and jewels and rocks and often create pieces of art. Some are specifically designed for spiritual or religious purposes, while others are purely for enjoyment. Artisans often collect trinkets from the outside world and craft tools that the herd can use and enjoy. Artisans can be both a designer and a sort of engineer.

Leyman: This is a rank given to those who choose no craft or other title. These make up the majority of the herd members (as well as retired monks) who live within the lands. It isn't that they are any better or worse than those with specific titles, as they too can be called to aid in healing or crafting or whatever else the herd needs. They just have no specialization, either by choice or by lack of talent.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:35 am
Application!

[color=#af6a7f][b]→ Seeking Serenity![/b][/color]
[img]Cert Here![/img]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]OOC Reason for joining:[/b]
[b]IC Reason for joining:[/b]
[b]Position desired:[/b] (You can apply for any of the nonranked positions, ranked positions need RP, Dedication, and OOC discussion.)
[b]Means of contact?:[/b] (Aim, pm?)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:50 am
Feel free to post or plot now. I'll get the application up soon. ^^  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:11 am

There is no alpha 8| She is a shrine maiden

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:12 am
Oh right, I gotta change that! ::gets to it.::  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:53 pm
^^ I would love to have Aelita be a member of the shrine herd! I love the concept and I think it would contribute a lot to her development and personal growth. I think she would fit best as a cleric considering her kirin heritage although I thought perhaps she could also function as a handmaiden/personal servant to Xiao? Since Xiao's temper is vain and she's one of the most powerful members of the herd I thought it might be fun for her to have a personal servant to fetch thing, hold the mirror for her and tell her how lovely she looks xD I think Aelita would eventually grow out of fawning over Xaio as she matures and start asserting herself more but it might be fun for the time being, just an idea, not actually sure if Xiao would tolerate something like that ;3  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:02 pm
Xiao would probably be all for having a personal servant to faun over her and tell her how great she is. xD Miao does plenty of it now, but as far as she's concerned you can't have too much attention. *w*  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Zakiax

Vicious Firestarter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:17 pm
Oo I like the idea of this herd. Currently I don't have any soq which would be available to join though. But if I ever get Zakiax a a custom I'd like his basket to be found by this herd. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:27 am
Faithofthefallen
^^ I would love to have Aelita be a member of the shrine herd! I love the concept and I think it would contribute a lot to her development and personal growth. I think she would fit best as a cleric considering her kirin heritage although I thought perhaps she could also function as a handmaiden/personal servant to Xiao? Since Xiao's temper is vain and she's one of the most powerful members of the herd I thought it might be fun for her to have a personal servant to fetch thing, hold the mirror for her and tell her how lovely she looks xD I think Aelita would eventually grow out of fawning over Xaio as she matures and start asserting herself more but it might be fun for the time being, just an idea, not actually sure if Xiao would tolerate something like that ;3

Added your girly to the roster. =D

and I also tagged our other rp. xD  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:33 am
Application is now added!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:36 am
→ Seeking Serenity!
User Image

Name: Syri
OOC Reason for joining: I've been looking for a while for a place for Syri to settle down and call home. I think he may fit in well within this herd.
IC Reason for joining: Syri has found himself becoming lost and hollow over the past years as he wandered the lands. He feels himself being drawn back to his kirin roots, wanting to live in the old lifestyle and traditions.
Position desired: Monk
Means of contact?: PM is easiest.  

Dixie

bella dea

Wilderness Nymph

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:54 pm
→ Seeking Serenity!
User Image

Name: Demi
OOC Reason for joining: The concept caught my eye and I think she'd fit in quite well ^.^
IC Reason for joining: She is looking for a place to put her skills to good use. A place that fits her calm, yet dutiful nature.
Position desired: Cleric (Up to minor/moderate injuries since she's not a uni, along with herbal remedies and childbirthing help)
Means of contact?: Either is fine, aim - iceangelfeather  
Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces