Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:32 am
@w@ It's hard to put into words my love for Ocarina of Time. For ages, the N64 was the only console I owned, and Ocarina of Time was one of the few games I had for it. But I didn't really mind because I looooved that game. I would play it, beat it, then start over again immediatley. Areas like the infamous Water Temple don't give me much trouble at all because I know them like the back of my hand. So when Ocarina of Time came re-mastered and in 3D to the 3DS along with Master Quest, you can bet that I was excited.

whee I just got it yesterday, and I'm already at the Water Temple. And that's without skipping anything like gold skultulas and the Goron Sword. Also, Nintendo threw in a bonus for registering the game through Club Nintendo. Originally, the first I don't know...1,000 (I forget what the exact number was) or so people to register the game would get a free copy of the Ocarina of Time soundtrack. So many fans pounced on the offer that I'm pretty sure the Club Nintendo site crashed xd In response, Nintendo said, "Woah...ok, nevermind, everyone who registers before June 20th gets the free CD." heart

Sooooo ATG, Ocarina of Time, Zelda, 3DS, Club Nintendo, take your pick and chat away.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:04 am
I... NEVER PLAYED THE GAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAAMMMEEEE.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:17 am
I never had a N64 so I never played the game. I have been interested in getting a 3DS though, with this game being the priority to buy for it. There are just other things I wish to buy too so I dunno when I'll have the spare cash to get it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:26 am
I actually spent ages trying to find an N64, mostly for Ocarina of TIme. Now that I finally have one, I can't find it anywhere. I can't justify buying the 3DS yet though, even though it's a neat idea. It just...meh. I've heard mixed reviews about it, mostly that the 3D is nauseating and gives people headaches, not to mention that it doesn't really add a whole much to the gameplay. Though, I will admit, I did hear that it can produce really nice looking graphics. So, when the Tales of the Abyss port comes out, I'll think about picking it up.

While we're on the topic of Zelda though,um. Skyward Sword. Anyone else excited?  

Celestial Burden

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:55 am
Well, not everyone has to like the 3DS, but here's what I can say from my experience:

The 3D does take some time to get used to, but I find the more I use it, the easier it is to use. There isn't a great game selection at the moment, but that is on the way. Kirby, Animal Crossing (A brand new one, not a city folk or wild world clone), Metal Gear, Mario, Mario Kart, these are all titles that will be there soon.

As far as Ocarina of Time 3D goes, this is the version of it to get if you've never played it before. The 3D is like the icing on the cake. It's a great detail, but the game is awesome even without it. The graphics are so pretty and shiny. And when you go into first person mode, you can turn the 3DS at any angle and see an amazing first person view of the landscape. Aiming with the slingshot and bow can be done this way too, and the controls are tight and intuitive.

Of course, for those who don't want the new features (apart from the graphics), they can be turned off.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:17 pm
I still have my N64 and Ocarina of Time sitting in a drawer below my TV. I suppose if I want to play again it takes a few seconds to reconnect. I didn't buy master quest on cube for pretty much the same reason.

Ah well, stinginess time. I probably won't get a new DS for a year or two now, I'm not exactly stoked about the Wii U either.  

Phaeton

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:10 am
I don't know how I feel about the Wii U. I think it's some really interesting tech, and some really cool things can be done, but we'll have to see how it develops. I'll probably hang on to my current Wii for the sake of my gamecube games.

I've played Ocarina of Time, it definitely is one of the best games pretty much ever, but I am such a Zelda fan so I'm a bit biased. The new controls sound really nice, and if I ever pick up a 3DS, I'll definitely grab OoT, but for now one game isn't worth a new DS.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:10 pm
I have the N64 version and the GC version =D. Getting the 3DS later.  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:21 am
I played the Nintendo 64 version too. The 3DS remake was amazing as well. I didn't try out the Master Quest part. Perhaps one day. I'm not sure if the Nintendo Club crashed on the release date and there was some problems things were fixed quickly enough. That CD was worth it.

I haven't gotten around to Skyward Sword yet, but that cannot be a let down by any means. Anyone currently playing it? Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:06 am
I have roughly 20 hours logged on Skyward Sword thus far. It's wonderful. It is probably the best Zelda game I have ever played. but it has been far too long since I played OoT on my N64.  

Celestial Burden

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:14 pm
User ImageBetter fear me, better run away...
User Image

Ah, OoT. The only game I have ever played so much of that I grow sick of it. I've been wanting to play OoT again for over a year, and have been purposely waiting until I get a 3DS and this game.

User Image

...'Cause this battle's just begun!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:50 pm
Good to hear Skyward Sword being possibly the most enjoyable. I can't wait. I'm saving that as a mini "vacation" when the fall semester ends. sweatdrop

Anyone think any other Zelda games should be done for the 3DS?

Deadcant_Closed

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:13 pm
The Legend of Zelda: Gun of Catastrophe.

8O

I heard of peeps suggesting a redone Link to the Past. I don't know any of the early Zelda games though. I've watched playthroughs >_> but not played them.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:26 pm
There's talk about re-releasing A Link to the Past, but I'm not sure they'd do it again. It was released a second time with Four Sword, and on the Wii in Nintendo's virtual market thing  

Celestial Burden

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:19 pm
I'd like one to be redone Final Fantasy Four style.

Yeeeeeaaah. cool  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces