17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:43 am
User ImageBecause falling's not the problem
When I'm falling I'm in peace

So, I checked out the event.
It's a pie eating contest, and we have to buy the pies for the NPCs.

To get the items, you have to fill 5 pie-cards. Each card takes 25 full pies to fill. Six pie slices equal one pie, or you can just buy a whole pie.

I checked, and if you only buy whole pies, the event will set you back 62,500 gold.
Personally, I think that's a bit much. I -have- enough gold to do the event in my account, but not by much, and I was actually saving up for some items. I usually do events on both of my acocunts, and now I can't because I don't have enough gold. I'm also looking after Pisces' account, and he either has just enough or not quite enough gold to get both items.

I also checked out the event room thing, and it was kind of lame, in my opinion.

Apparently there are six achievements you can get during the event.

Anyway, here's a big slice spoon of discussion-pie:
*What do you think about the event?
*Are you going to participate?
*What is your favourite kind of pie?
*Do you have any big plans for this summer, or for the holiday weekend?

It's only when I hit the ground
It causes all the grief
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:02 am
Yeah, it is cheaper just to buy the items in the marketplace...well, it was yesterday. I was lucky enough to have lots of duplicate items in my inventory to sell off to pay for buying my items (I like pie!), but I just don't care about the achievements enough to spend all that gold to unlock them. I made it through 2 achievements then got bored. I am liking the free art threads in the forum, though it remains to be seen if I'll get any avi art.

Key lime and lemon meringue pies are my favorite.

Summer plans? They are up in the air, but probably a lot of BBQ's. But I met one of my favorite Gaia artists last night, and she gave me a print of my favorite character from her webcomic and a print of my characters from a commission from this past winter! Summer is off to a good start!  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:17 am
Well, at 12500 per stamp card, I will be most put out if the items that come from it are more than that. I had enough for one card, and that was it.
...Though, knowing the money-grubbing nature of people, the items are bound to be in excess of 50k by the end of the hour.
And pumpkin pie is best pie.
Summer plans consist of hunting for employment.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:33 pm
I'm far too stingy to spend 62,500g on a summer event.

Give it half a year and the event items will all drop down to around 10,000 or less. It seems to happen with the majority of event items anyway.  

Phaeton

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:57 pm
Hahaha... Achievements.

Just play the fish tanks for an hour and that's... 40-60k gold? Unless they changed that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:21 pm
As usual, Carl is terrifying (and awesome):
This grass-eating ungulate has two secrets: a sweet tooth and an implacable thirst for murder.

heart

The event seems kind of silly, but I might participate.

Edit: Actually, Devin might be scarier than Carl.
Did you know I can unhinge my jaw? Betcha I can eat this pie in two bites.
eek  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:45 pm
Does anyone know what the items are for this year's event? My determination to continue feeding pies to Carl depends heavily on if I like the items...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:58 pm
Taeryyn
As usual, Carl is terrifying (and awesome):
This grass-eating ungulate has two secrets: a sweet tooth and an implacable thirst for murder.

heart

The event seems kind of silly, but I might participate.

Edit: Actually, Devin might be scarier than Carl.
Did you know I can unhinge my jaw? Betcha I can eat this pie in two bites.
eek

Either that, or he's gonna have a VERY happy boyfriend. XD  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:42 am
invisible-weirdo
Does anyone know what the items are for this year's event? My determination to continue feeding pies to Carl depends heavily on if I like the items...

User ImageBecause falling's not the problem
When I'm falling I'm in peace

Apparently the first item is "Pies! Pies! Pies!", I don't know what the second item is.

It's only when I hit the ground
It causes all the grief
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:47 pm
The 2nd item is a Giant Spoon and Fork, and if your avi is kneeling then your avi sits in a giant pie.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:53 am
I certainly have enough gold to finish the event but.... I don't really want to. Didn't events -help- users get gold once upon a time?

Summer plans for me consist of hunting for a job, spending lots of time on this awesome new computer I just bought, Otakon, chilling with my boyfriend and getting ready for college. Especially retaking my math placement test. I was six points off ( meaning like, one question) from placing into the ACTUAL college math course, so now they want me in developmental algebra. Which is basically middle school math. My A+ in calculus wasn't enough to convince them I should be in the actual course.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:15 am
It's basically another money sink scheme for Gaia to try to reduce inflation. The easier gold is to get, the more the currency inflates thus making prices higher. Putting something out there that takes it out of circulation helps bring it down, or at the very least reduces the rate at which it is inflating.

If you don't have the gold and don't care about achievements or who wins, then it's definitely a lot cheaper to get the items in the marketplace. I'm surprised people are willing to sell them for so cheap considering how much they have to spend in order to obtain them.

I've been buying pies because it's easy enough for me to get all the gold back playing booty grab and I guess I have a lot of extra time on my hands sweatdrop

Favorite kind of pie: cherry xp I've had some not so great cherry pie most of the time, but I still somehow consider it my favorite. As for summer plans... don't really have any of those.

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:56 am
The best way to get rid of inflation is to destroy Aquariums.

biggrin

Or increase the tax to 15% on all sales. AND, include a listing fee for each and every item.

MUAHAHAHA.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:03 am
Booty grab certainly increased the inflation dramatically. The problem is that Gaia wants gold to be easy to get because users complain if it's too hard, but users also complain about high prices that are the result of inflation.

So making gold harder to get will make a lot of people unhappy even though it would reduce prices because they don't understand how easy gold results in higher prices to begin with. Of course, another contributor to the high prices is the fact that some of these items are made incredibly rare thanks to Gaia's system of pumping out limited time RIGs every month.

As far as the tax and listing fee goes, aside from getting a lot of complaints from Gaia users, you would also see an increase in people using the exchange forum to sell in order to get around the tax. So it wouldn't necessarily take that much out of circulation.... just annoy users by making it harder for them to sell things they don't want and also for buyers to get things that they do want at a good price. Additionally, sellers who still use the marketplace will have to further raise their prices to make up for the loss in profits.

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:15 am
I did in fact, buy some pie for those npcs. Two slices. Then I was done. I hope Carl somehow manages a comeback.

People, from what I experienced from my vending days, would just PM you the price without the 2%.

Then I'd be all like, "SURE, DAWG. biggrin "  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces