Submit

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:53 pm
So I've been checking out the outfit shop and while I have scored some deals, I'm finding a lot of overpriced outfits listed. I kind of suspect this is going to end up being worse than the marketplace ever was. Some of the outfits are really out there, but those are the ones I go for because they usually have one or two items I really want and quite often the really weird ones have decent prices because the user is clearing out their inventory.

I was wondering what everyone else's take on this is. Will you use it to shop? What do you think will be the pricing trend? Would you actually wear any of the outfits you see there? And so on...

**gasp..I posted a topic. Does that mean I lose my lurker card?**  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:12 pm
It seems a bit awkward to me. I think it might have been fine if there weren't so many items with multiple forms to mix things up. I might use it to shop but very carefully. I'm sure there's a few steals here and there, but It isn't like I need a lot more items very soon, I'm already around 1500 items. I get lost sorting through them all. The ones they showcased so far I haven't been the least bit interested in, but I enjoy putting together my own outfits.

Don't worry, rarely posting a topic won't revoke your lurker status.  

Phaeton

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:28 pm
Hmmm...well I don't think I'll be using it much since tektek is free. It is a neat idea to buy items in bulk...but it just doesn't seem practical to me. Obviously, users will charge more for these items as like a "fee" for having put the outfit together. I'd much rather use a site like tektek and save for the items I want.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:14 pm
It sounds ideal for users who have lots of gold and don't have a knack (or the interest) for making nice outfits. I haven't actually seen what's being offered, but I don't think I'll use the feature.

Still, I think it's a great idea in general, and I know a lot of people have been asking for this for ages.

Edit: I just checked it out, and there does not appear to be one blessed thing worth paying for. :s

Also, I want to know WHAT items I am buying before handing over gold. I wouldn't use this feature unless it listed which items are included in the outfit. Apparently they're soon going to add an option to list the items that are in the outfit, but it will be at the seller's discretion. Good to know.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:51 pm
I think it's a neat idea, but I haven't seen anything worth buying it, and I'm definitely not liking that there is no item list.

Granted, it is a new feature, so I'm sure that it'll be fixed up, but I don't know if I'll ever make any use of it myself.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:13 pm
I'm guessin' it's because you're payin' for the creativity. not the items. o.O  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:32 pm
Have you seen most of the outfits? What creativity? lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:05 am
FINALLY I CAN NOW PAY TO HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DRESS UP MY AVATAR AND BUY MY ITEMS. I have a reason to be needlessly rich now.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:09 am
Some outfits are basic newbie items. Those are lame. But I have seen some that are well thought and not just a cosplay mock up. I like those when I see then, not that I buy them....unless I get a really good deal.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:59 pm
I honestly haven't been seeing anything good at all, but I did give up after like 20 pages. The vast majority of what I've seen falls into two categories:
-"outfits" consisting of starter/free/nearly free items
-every item of a particular set, sold for drastically more than the items are collectively worth  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:37 pm
So, can someone drop a link to the outfit shop? I can't seem to find a freakin' thing on this site.

.______.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:49 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/outfits/  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:00 pm
Oh, well it looks interesting.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:05 pm
I think I just love making my own outfits too much. xp If I saw an outfit I liked on there...I'd probably just get inspired and try to make my own version of it or something.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:08 pm
I am the same way, I like to replicate my own cosplays if I see one that gets me inspired.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff