Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The GateKeeper .:Adventure/Romance/Fantasy:a quest rp:[A/NO] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hi.
  Hallo.
View Results

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:03 pm
Zarah sat upon her horse and stared out across the land, her steed stood steady and strong beneath her as the war rage before them. For years the war had beaten down, both kingdoms had lost thousands of lives, the rivers ran red with blood. Zarah was becoming weak after to long of fighting, the young warrior beginning to fear a loss for her kingdom. Watching her fellow people fall at an astonishing rate she turned, ready to head back and gather more troops so they would not become outnumbered. From above her a hawk swooped down, dropping a letter from its talons and Zarah flicked out her hand, barely catching it before the envelope fluttered out of reach. Scrawled into the parchment were clear instructions accounting details on how to end the war once and for all. Zarah called back her men and they retreated. Shortly after the two battling kingdoms called a truce, the eldest children married, and the war ended.
Over the years many letters fell from the sky. At first they all offered help, spoke of future outcomes, but as time went by they became more personal, spoke of the Gatekeeper and his life, his thoughts and his dreams, and a love blossomed between the two. The warrior wrote letters of her own, and when she awoke in the mornings, they would be gone. He always took them.
The day came when Zarah was no longer needed by her king, war had become a thing of the past. Growing bored of being nothing more than a higher ranted citizen, Zarah packed her things and left. She planned to travel across the realm to have the adventure of a lifetime and hopefully, someday, she'll meet the Gatekeeper, the only man with the key to her heart.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:08 am
[Basic Plot and Extra Information]

You've seen Thor, right? You know how Heimdall, the Gatekeeper of the Bifröst, is able to see and hear what is happening in other places[realms/worlds], well the Gatekeeper here can do that also.
Over the years the Gatekeeper in our story has taken a special interest in the warrior and since he is unable to leave the Gates, he is only able to communicate through letters that he sends. There is not a big show[like a bridge or bright lights or anything] when something or someone crosses through the Gates.
The warrior, after the war has ended and another one had not started in several years so she is no longer needed, decides to cross the Realm and meet the Gatekeeper, but along the way she has several quests in which she must complete to prove her love. The Gatekeeper is unable to bring her directly to him using the Gate since it is a romantic interest and he is unable to leave since he is sworn to watch over the Gates.
Each time a quest is completed the warrior receives another letter with a clue as to where she can find the next quest, and a clue as to where the Gatekeeper is located.
For the majority of this RP the Gatekeeper will be nothing more than a side character to keep things rolling, the Warrior and a few others she meets along the way shall be the main characters, though I will allow more side characters when needed.
I will continue to add more information as needed to the box below. If you have questions or ideas, feel free to PM me.
This will take place in a medieval type era, so play accordingly.
The quests will come from the Gatekeeper, as will other options and such.

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:09 am
..::I shall use this space eventually::..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:28 am
Profile Skeleton and Accepted Main Profiles.
-need:
Warrior
[2] Others, [1] female, [1] males-

[color=CHOOSE][align=center][[size=12]"Quote"[/size]
[img]DIRECTLINK[/img]
[size=9][Name, first and last][Written out, Age][Gender]
[Special Talents][Short Bio][Reason for Joining Quests][/size]
[size=12]["GaiaName"][/size][/align][/color]

--------------------------

["I may be a wicked liar, but I am wicked loyal."
User Image
[Vyktoria Loo-AnnVykters][Twenty][Female]
[Vyk have a silver tongue, lets hope it shaln't turn to lead. She is great at archery, so much so that she began making a living hunting down unwanted persons and dangerous creatures.][Vyktoria was raised by her father so she tends to be a bit more manly in action. She doesn't tell many people that she is female, though she's never denied it either. When her father died she sold her home and all her belongings and set out to make something of herself.][It sounded like fun, and she could use the human interaction.]

["T.O.M."]

["The sky is falling, because I'm bringing it down"]
User Image
[Ny'angul 'Blood Fang' Mawrharth][Fourty Eight][Male]
[Killing things, a lot of them.][The Gnoll are a race of nomadic beast-folk. These hyena-men are scavengers who scrape the bottom of the forest kingdom floors for scraps left by the more dominant creatures of the woods. Ny'angul is a particularly nasty one.
The term 'Berserker' used to refer only to men of the wild who fought with an unquenchable blood lust and with disturbing madness, to their very end. Somewhat unlikely for a Gnoll, he is one - a berserker, and makes a living as a sellsword and mercenary. A ruthless combatant, he is wanted for numerous accounts of murder in all human kingdoms and usually on the run from one or two bounty hunters.
The beast is commonly calm and collected, with a hint of 'I will kill you' ever present about him. In combat however, he loses control and rages like a storm to the brink of death, in order to eliminate his opposition.
Why would a monster who would most likely put the love interest of a godly GateKeeper in danger, be allowed on a quest? Because no one messes with him. He may be the biggest threat to the civilized world, but his side is the most protected from any foe.][They tell of rumors of a party looking for the Gate to the heavens. What were to happen if a mortal went there... and killed the Gods? The battle will be glorious.]

[N K Cake]

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:29 am
[Other Characters]

["How lucky am I, to have a key to everything? To see everything, everything I do hear. Such a pity, it is true, that I can never experience these glorious things."
User Image
[Byron Yeolvis][Twenty-Three][Male]
[I see all and hear all, when I focus on a specific place or person.][When I was a child I was put into service under the Gods to open and close the Gates when ever they so wished. My father was the Gatekeeper before me, and his father before him. I enjoy riddles and sending people on quests.]

["TalesOfMisery"]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:32 am
[reserved]  

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points