Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
War of Kin ((Accepting/Open!)) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Joining?
  Gold!
  Nah
  Maybe
  Yes! Making a profile now!
View Results

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:38 pm
In the early ages of middle Earth, all manners of races resided in peace and harmony. At least they did, until the Drow rose up from the depths of the Earth. The Drow, following the wishes of their dark goddess, Lolth, took over the mines owned by the dwarves, made them their slaves, and then set their eyes on the real target. Lolth had ordered her dark minions to rid the world of their light-skinned kin.

The Drow stayed close to the surface, using the Dwarves' mines as their new homes, emerging from the mines at night to slaughter any elves nearby. Occasionally other races would get caught in the crossfire, though it seemed that the Drow were determined to only kill their Elven brethren.

Recognizing the threat posed by the Drow, the Elves began to retaliate, declaring war upon the Drow, though to enter their domain would mean suicide. Both sides called upon mercenaries, though the Elves began to worry with the Drow attacking each night. Would the Elven Kingdom fall to ruin, or would they find those willing to help them stop the war and send the Drow back to the depths from whence they came?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:29 pm
The Races

Drow

The Drow are dark elves that usually reside miles underground. In that unending darkness, they see on an infrared scale, though they are also capable of using normal vision when needed. They worship a dark Goddess, Lolth. She is described as part drow, part spider, and thrives on deceit and murder. Since females are closer to their Goddess, Drow females are considered worth far more than any male would be. Females are capable of wielding magic, though it is usually just dark magic they are capable of. Most drow can conjure a dark orb, the size can very, to place over an opponent's head to blind them, or to create a large sphere and blind a larger group. Growing up in a cruel world, males are quickly put in their place and all drow are bred to deceive one another and always attempt to get the upperhand.

Elves

Elves are fair and beautiful. The respect nature and most life. Elves are kind to one another, or at least try to be, though they do hold a hate for their ebony-skinned cousins. Most elves are able to use magic, though their strength with it depends on age and skill. They are known to be quick and they reside in the forests of middle Earth, trying to save their race from being extinct now.

Humans

Possessing no magic and a life much shorter than a Drow or an Elf, humans do not have much going for them. They usually farm and try to stay out of the world's problems. There are a few exceptional fighters among the humans though, and they are known for being resourceful.

Dwarves

Dwarves are proud miners, looking for riches in the mountains to craft into the finest weapons. Though they are short, gruff creatures, Dwarves are resilient and will do what they must to survive. They are hard to break and they will watch out for their own first usually, not trusting the other races to handle their business for them.

((If you want to be another race, send me a message and the description like this, if I accept it, I'll add it on here.))

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:52 am
The Rules

1. My word is the ultimate authority, so what I say goes.

2. Absolutely no Godmodding. Those guilty will be put on the black list. See black list for policy there.

3. Keep it PG-13. Romance is allowed, but you know when it's too much and you need to do a time-skip or something.

4. Be nice to each other, or if you're going to have an argument out of character with another roleplayer, pm each other because we don't need to be dragged into your fight.

5. I would like it if you posted at least 4-5 sentences. I will accept the occasional writer's block post, but no one-liners.

6. This is a lit-rp, so don't use *this* or something for actions. Write like you're writing a story.

7. Use ((this)) or [[this]] or something when speaking out of character.

8. Pm me profiles and title the Pm 'Yin and Yang'

9. I reserve the right to add characters as I feel necessary.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:10 am
Profile Skeleton

My name is [color=pickacolor]((Name))[/color].
I have roamed this world for [color=pickacolor]((Age))[/color] years.
My race is [color=pickacolor]((Race))[/color], though I'm sure you could already tell.
I am a [color=pickacolor]((Gender))[/color].
I've been told that [color=pickacolor]((Personality))[/color].
When I need to protect myself, I primarily use [color=pickacolor]((weapons))[/color].
Well I don't know why you're interested, but I guess I'll tell you about my past. [color=pickacolor]((Bio))[/color].
Here's what I look like. ((Appearance. I require a picture. With this rp, if you can't find an anime picture, I'll understand, I just REALLY hate real life pics, but I understand with this RP)).

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:53 am
Accepted Characters

Maya Freana
My name is Maya Freana.
I have roamed this world for 97 years.
My race is Drow, though I'm sure you could already tell.
I am a Female.
I've been told that like the rest of females of my race, I am cold and unforgiving. I will stab anyone in the back, including those in my own family. However, that's only how people see me. I hate the Drow and I hate that we are feared by all the other races, though I can understand why. I have a plan to work with the Elves and stop my people from following Lolth on her twisted conquest. I am curious about the surface and what the world is truly like, and I'll never be able to know if my kin destroy it..
When I need to protect myself, I primarily use twin scimitars and a whip.
Well I don't know why you're interested, but I guess I'll tell you about my past. I was born as the second daughter of the Freana family, and for the first sixteen years of my life, was taught everything I needed to know about our culture by my older sister, as was custom with our people. Mothers are responsible for running the family, so raising children falls to one of the daughters. When I was sixteen, I was trained how to fight by the family's weapon's master for several years, and when I mastered my scimitars, I went to the Academy, where I spent twelve more years learning the ways of the Drow, learning more complicated magic with the other females of competing houses, and continuing my training with scimitars and how to communicate with our Goddess. When I graduated from the academy I took up my responsibilities within the family, among them being that I raised my younger siblings when the issue came up. Though of course it was never a loving time, there is nothing about love when it comes to the Drow, so it was more of teaching obedience and teaching the rules of society and what not. I hated that time, but after a few years, being the best fighter in the house, I was appointed to a group to scout the surface, and when I reached the surface I finally felt happy, or at least like I belonged somewhere, so I started trying to communicate with the Elves so I could help them with this war. Currently, I'm still trying..
Here's what I look like. User Image

My name is Authion Silvenvale.
I have roamed this world for 187 years.
My race is Elf, though I'm sure you could already tell.
I am a Male.
I've been told that I am cold. I work hard and am a strong warrior, I have a deep hate for the Drow and I would love to kill any Drow I can to wipe them from the face of this Earth. .
When I need to protect myself, I primarily use .
Well I don't know why you're interested, but I guess I'll tell you about my past. I was born the first son of a well-known family. I worked hard all my years and became a skilled warrior by the age of 20. For most of my life, the Elves lived in peace, then the Drow came and began slaughtering my people for no cause other than the will of their twisted goddess. All Drow are evil in my eyes and I will kill them all someday..

Valiant Fenris
My name is Fidelius.
I have roamed this world for 47 (looks 17) years.
My race is Half-Elf, though I'm sure you could already tell.
I am a Male.
I've been told that I am sometimes too cheery, yet I can be serious when needed..
When I need to protect myself, I primarily use Dual Scimitars.
Well I don't know why you're interested, but I guess I'll tell you about my past. I was born of a human mother. She died soon after my birth of a sickness. Taken in by her people, I learned the art of a warrior. When I was twenty I set out to find my Elven brethren. In their forested home I learned how to summon creatures to my aid, as that was the only magic I was ever really good at. Now I fight for the elves, hating the battle, but seeing its necessity. Drow are savage creatures and I have seen the bodies of those they've murdered. Even though It goes against my friendly nature, I must protect the Elves, my kin..

Zelly-fangirl
My name is Amara Sylvari.
I have roamed this world for 128 years.
My race is Drow, though I'm sure you could already tell.
I am a Female.
I've been told that I'm rather laid-back. It's not that I don't take things seriously, I just have confidence in my abilities and believe things will turn out exactly as I want them to. People also say I'm rather sly, but I'll take that as a compliment.
When I need to protect myself, I primarily use twin daggers and throwing knives.
Well I don't know why you're interested, but I guess I'll tell you about my past. I am the one and only child of my family. We try to keep the number of children we have as low as possible until each one becomes a true warrior so that each may receive full attention in her training. I've been a loyal warrior of Lolth and will cut down anyone that tries to stop her conquering of the surface world.

Animeprincess_9400
My name is Luthune.
I have roamed this world for One-Hundred Thirteen//Appears Twenty years.
My race is elf, though I'm sure you could already tell.
I am a woman.
I've been told that I am too callous to be a surface elf. In a sense, I suppose that's true. I could care less what my so-called brethren do with themselves, or how they and the drow settle their differences. In my oppinion, elves are arrogant and drow are sociopaths. I am loyal to those I trust and adore, but this could not be said of me towards anyone else. Sarcastic is a word that quickly comes to mind, as is dedicated. It's sort of complex, I guess. You should get to know me personally before you start making any assumptions.
When I need to protect myself, I primarily use my trusty forging hammer, but if I absolutely must enter ranged combat, I suppose I could use a bow too.
Well I don't know why you're interested, but I guess I'll tell you about my past. I do not like living among my people. For many reasons, I find them irritating and two-faced. Drow are little better, being the murderous sociopaths that they are. The only advantage this war brings is that I get to practice my smithing as often as I like. However, even despite how utterly annoying my 'kin' are, I like living. So I'm putting my effort forward, helping end this war once and for all. Hopefully, squandering this business opprotunity will be well worth it in the end.
Here's what I look like.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:17 pm
White list
This is where you want to be. If I'm cool with you, your name shall end up here. heart

*Valiant Fenris -First to join

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:18 pm
Black List
If your name ends up here, this is your warning to stop whatever behavior that got you put here in the first place. If you stop, in a week you'll be taken off this list. If you complain or argue with me about being placed here, you'll be booted immediately. Plain and simple.

*No one so far

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:25 pm
heart heart heart Open! heart heart heart

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:47 pm
As the moon rose in the night sky overhead, Maya silently made her way through the forest. She moved without a sound, her cloak pulled over her head to keep her snow white hair from giving her away by the moonlight. Tonight she had managed to slip out of the caves, and she planned to watch the Elves if possible, to learn more about them.

Their way of life intrigued Maya, they lived in peace and only tried to treat each other with dignity. It was the complete opposite of the Drow's way of life, if it could even be called that. As far as she knew, no attacks were to occur that night, though she knew the sword's edge she walked on. If any of her kin caught her out like this, she would immediately be sacrificed to Lolth and cursed to an eternity of suffering beyond all imagination.

Even with such a high threat over her head, Maya couldn't stop herself. She didn't want to live the way her kin did. In the deep shadows of the Earth's crust, enslaving others and using treachery to get ahead. What life was that?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:10 pm
Fidelius crouched in the tree canopy, high above the floor. He was quietly chanting, preparing to summon a creature of the night to help his scouting. Being a very experienced fighter, one of the few the peaceful elves had, he was up every night on lookout. He hated it. It left him tired and grumpy. It was even noticeable. No amount of cheery attitude could hide it from the elves. He was still up every night though.

As his chanting subsided, he called out into the night, an owl's hoot. He could speak a few animal languages, wolf, bear, deer, pigeon, but a few others he had to use magic to use. A call was the source of his magical summonings. Using his magical stores, he cool lace a call with a subtle spell that would make many animals submissive.

A Great Horned Owl landed on his outstretched arm. He looked it in the eyes and hooted a few times with slight twitches in his head position. The owl hooted back and spread its wings, flapping off and looking around the forest. The owl had the duty of looking for any weird shapes, blurs that were unnatural, or a glint of any kind.

Fidelius sighed quietly and fought his want to sleep and began to work his fist. He clenched and unclenched. It was so aggravating. Why were the Drow so vile? He disliked them. They kept him from bed and they kept him fighting. And for what? A Blood feud between goddesses? They should just go at it.

Valiant Fenris

Sexy Rabbit

8,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Valiant Fenris

Sexy Rabbit

8,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:12 pm
((Drizzt fan?))  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:24 pm
((Indeed. Is it a crime to be a fan of one so awesome?))  

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:29 pm
Amara reclined amongst the branches of a tree near an entrance to the caves as she sharpened her daggers. She was technically supposed to be keeping watch, but the chances of any number of elves attempting to launch an attack were slim to none. But then movement caught her eye from below and she edged further along the branch to peer down through the leaves. Someone just left the caves, and by themselves it seemed. Quietly, she darted into the next tree, and then the next, following the figure from above.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:31 pm
((Never. Drizzt is a god in his own right))  

Valiant Fenris

Sexy Rabbit

8,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers