Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:39 pm
Wow. I don't even know the last time I logged into Gaia. College literally just swept me off my feet. For those who are friends with me on Facebook know the craziness. Things have happened in the last year that I could never have imagined in my life...ever! But I'm so glad to be back!! What did I miss?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:01 am
You missed... Honestly, I don't know what you've missed because I've only recently gotten back on gaia myself. Sadly, college leaves me with more free time than my high school did sweatdrop
Welcome back. Hope college goes well for you, Kaz.  

Lobo-chan

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:37 am
Thanks! Yea...this whole working 2 jobs while in college is absolutely absurd. But I need the money so much...ugh. Oh well. I'll live.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:09 am
Use the lottery! 8D  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:33 am
Lobo-chan
You missed... Honestly, I don't know what you've missed because I've only recently gotten back on gaia myself. Sadly, college leaves me with more free time than my high school did sweatdrop
Welcome back. Hope college goes well for you, Kaz.
How is it possible to have more free time in college than in high school  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:35 am
Well it all depends. College, easily less homework however more housework and other things to do. High school classes just take up way more time than necessary.  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:36 am
Kaz Likes Cookies
Thanks! Yea...this whole working 2 jobs while in college is absolutely absurd. But I need the money so much...ugh. Oh well. I'll live.
Two jobs!? How is that even possible while studying?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:37 am
Kaz Likes Cookies
Well it all depends. College, easily less homework however more housework and other things to do. High school classes just take up way more time than necessary.
What do you guys study or were do you study the only people I see chilling are the guys that study Administration  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:42 am
Kaz Likes Cookies
Thank God I really don't have homework, it's really weird for me having to turn an essay or something like that, but I have a lot of things to read for the next day. Articles mostly.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:52 am
^^Psycha^^
Kaz Likes Cookies

With my double major, who knows? I'm a double major in Journalism and Creative Writing. My two jobs are one as head news editor on the college paper that I pretty much spend more time at than my schoolwork. And the second is an at home/via computer marketing job with my dad's company that I write customer testimonials/project reviews for.  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:55 am
Kaz Likes Cookies
^^Psycha^^
Kaz Likes Cookies

With my double major, who knows? I'm a double major in Journalism and Creative Writing. My two jobs are one as head news editor on the college paper that I pretty much spend more time at than my schoolwork. And the second is an at home/via computer marketing job with my dad's company that I write customer testimonials/project reviews for.
Woow that sounds so cool I always wanted to study journalism...one of my dreams is to work for a newspaper and write news or by the guy in the TV that gives the sports news or narrates a game.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:13 am
^^Psycha^^
Kaz Likes Cookies
^^Psycha^^
Kaz Likes Cookies

Woow that sounds so cool I always wanted to study journalism...one of my dreams is to work for a newspaper and write news or by the guy in the TV that gives the sports news or narrates a game.

It's a lot of fun and you learn a lot about some really cool people while doing it. You just can't be afraid to go up to a complete stranger and ask their life story.  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:31 am
I failed even being on the high school student newspaper... I'm uncomfortable talking to people I don't know sweatdrop

And Psycha? I went to a special high school for "gifted" students. It was a boarding school and pretty crazy. There were regular classes and graduation requirements outside of academics, like community service, volunteering for the school, and having to do these "wellness" programs.
Now, in college I'm just taking a full course load and working a part time job at the library. It's so much easier. I don't have nearly as much homework since the only class I had something due in every day last semester was Japanese.
I'm studying "East Asian studies" (history, Japanese language, literature, etc etc) and thinking about minoring in Spanish or linguistics. This next semester I'll be taking Spanish and linguistics along with stuff for my major and core requirements, so... hopefully I'll have my minor decided soon? I dunno. I'm interested in too many things to bother trying to double major. Also, the difference between the linguistics minor and major are enough that I'm too lazy to shoot for a major xp  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:58 pm
Lobo-chan
I failed even being on the high school student newspaper... I'm uncomfortable talking to people I don't know sweatdrop

And Psycha? I went to a special high school for "gifted" students. It was a boarding school and pretty crazy. There were regular classes and graduation requirements outside of academics, like community service, volunteering for the school, and having to do these "wellness" programs.
Now, in college I'm just taking a full course load and working a part time job at the library. It's so much easier. I don't have nearly as much homework since the only class I had something due in every day last semester was Japanese.
I'm studying "East Asian studies" (history, Japanese language, literature, etc etc) and thinking about minoring in Spanish or linguistics. This next semester I'll be taking Spanish and linguistics along with stuff for my major and core requirements, so... hopefully I'll have my minor decided soon? I dunno. I'm interested in too many things to bother trying to double major. Also, the difference between the linguistics minor and major are enough that I'm too lazy to shoot for a major xp
wooow, you two have really cool stories...
You are gonna laugh at me but then that means that you are like super smart?
In my high school there was not such thing as school newspaper the closest thing to that was the group that did the Yearbooks. The thing I enjoy the most about my high school was the model united nations were you would go and debate with other schools from all over the world.
I know I may sound like a little kid but Adam I always wanted and still do to study all those cool things like history, journalism, photography , but my dad always said you'll die from hunger and you like having a good life, there is no way you will make it out ther with those jobs, and the lifestyle you enjoy.  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:55 pm
Welcome back. I don't think you've missed much in terms of guild news, except that it barely has a pulse. sweatdrop  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff