Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Prayer requests
The end of abortion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Umbra Animus

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:01 pm
Please pray for the end of legalized abortion. People that think its not alive are wrong, so please pray for the women who have been affected by this evil and let it be washed away forever.
And for anyone who doesnt know whwt an abortion is this: the taking of the baby from the woumb, in turn killing it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:50 pm
I will pray over that. Its so nice to see people being supportive of end abortion.  

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100

Wuppa Wuppa

Beloved Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:30 pm
It's a pretty controversial issue don't you think? What if the baby is actually killing you or something else I may have seen on HOUSE episodes over the last month or two. I have people praying about this and I will too.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:59 pm
Wuppa Wuppa
It's a pretty controversial issue don't you think? What if the baby is actually killing you or something else I may have seen on HOUSE episodes over the last month or two. I have people praying about this and I will too.

Then aren't you thinking about yourself in that situation and not the baby? When it comes to abortion it's all about the people putting themselves before the child.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Wuppa Wuppa

Beloved Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:02 pm
gothic_black_rose
Wuppa Wuppa

Then aren't you thinking about yourself in that situation and not the baby? When it comes to abortion it's all about the people putting themselves before the child.

Does it matter? Both are going to die anyway. I know it's harsh, but what if the mother is all they have and then foster homes and human sacrifice? (They do this actually)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:10 pm
Wuppa Wuppa
gothic_black_rose
Wuppa Wuppa

Does it matter? Both are going to die anyway. I know it's harsh, but what if the mother is all they have and then foster homes and human sacrifice? (They do this actually)

That doesn't matter. Please don't make me go into the story about the family I was a nanny for. It would prove my point but it's still too soon.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Wuppa Wuppa

Beloved Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:26 pm
gothic_black_rose
Wuppa Wuppa
gothic_black_rose
Wuppa Wuppa

That doesn't matter. Please don't make me go into the story about the family I was a nanny for. It would prove my point but it's still too soon.
I won't ask for heart breaking stories, but I just wanted to extend my right for freedom of speech. End of conversation then?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:29 pm
I just think if people choose to be intimate they should use precautions. There are so many things out there now to prevent pregnancy. This is why I feel people should be better informed about protection options.  

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Party Member 100

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:10 pm
XknightkidsX
I just think if people choose to be intimate they should use precautions. There are so many things out there now to prevent pregnancy. This is why I feel people should be better informed about protection options.

Agreed!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:41 pm
Agreed. I have been praying for this for many years and won't stop.

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:44 pm
Wuppa Wuppa
gothic_black_rose
Wuppa Wuppa

Yes, it does matter. Technically speaking, it isn't knowledgeable - whether or not either will die - considering the fact that no one knows when Christ will return. Regardless, that is not why it matters.

It matters because one has already made their choice of accepting or denying the Son, and the other has not. If the mother is a Christian, then great - she's saved! If she isn't, then obviously by that moment in her life, she's pretty much made her choice. Without a doubt, it is uncertain whether or not the child will accept Christ. However, they have a much larger time span to do it; and with them being younger, it's easier to pour something into them.

Either way, the question "does it matter?" is irrelevant. What matters is God's commands. When someone says "Oh hey! Let me end this baby so that I don't have to deal with it (or in other cases to avoid death)" then they're still overseeing the death of a child. If a criminal hauls over a disabled elder and says "kill him or I'll kill you," you still have the option of murdering the elder. Although extremely odd, the situation is possible. Whatever weapon the person loans you, he/she could have his/her own gun pointed toward your head to end your life in one shot. If you kill the elder, you've committed murder. No questions asked. Whatever excuses you conjure up in your mind are obsolete because God's laws are God's laws. Would the elder die regardless of your action? Perhaps. God's commands may not always make sense to us; but we're human and he's God; things won't always make sense.
I Corinthian 1:25 - For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

My point: Taking the life of a child is sinful - it is wrong. Some say that deciding to lay down your life for the newborn child is suicide, and therefore is sinful. However, that is not the case. There is a defining line between suicide (let me shoot myself in the head) and sacrifice (I know that my saving him will result in my death...but he's worth it). Jesus laid down is life for us of His own accord.
John 10:17-18 --> 17 "The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

Did Jesus commit a sin? No; He's without fault. He died on the Cross to save us - Sacrifice for loved ones. It is not synonymous with suicide.

I admit it: I am not a woman. I cannot ascertain the pain in child bearing, nor the struggle in making the decision between abortion or not, nor the exhaustion in raising a child while going through daily life - which is already hard. I will not judge them. I should not, and I shall not. However, I know what God's commands are; and according to Him, abortion is a sin.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:53 pm
I can pray about it, but we're speaking of a country that has a abandoned the ways of following God for some time. We used to be a God-centered nation. Now we are not. With a nation that has turned it's ear away from God and that is run by others besides those who love and seek Him, it should not be expected that things will change much. I don't mean to be pessimistic, and I don't mean to knock down the power of prayer; but in this case, people need to be willing to open up to what God has to say. Obviously, by now, they have made their decision; and they continue to make their decision evident by their interpretation of the division between church and state.  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:57 pm
XknightkidsX

True, there are ways to avoid pregnancy. However, if someone REALLY did not not want to have a child, and they thought it would be worth ending the life of someone else later down the line, they would simply steer clear of sexual intercourse - which is a far more intelligent option.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:59 pm
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
XknightkidsX

True, there are ways to avoid pregnancy. However, if someone REALLY did not not want to have a child, and they thought it would be worth ending the life of someone else later down the line, they would simply steer clear of sexual intercourse - which is a far more intelligent option.

Yes but Im speaking about those who don't practice abstinence.  

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Party Member 100

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:03 pm
XknightkidsX
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
XknightkidsX

Yes but Im speaking about those who don't practice abstinence.

Ah. I see.  
Prayer requests

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces