B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:17 pm
I actually didn't know there was this section of threads gonk

Well I might as well write for a bit; it may actually do me some good.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:20 pm
It amazes me how many songs I've set up in a youtube playlist that I can't get onto my ipod. It amazes me even more how unrefined I feel sometimes (see here for details).

At any rate, this week I've gotta try and score at least 1 job interview so I can hopefully find work by October. Later this week I'm going to be going bowling and to see a doctor about a cough I've had for about a week now. Hopefully this doesn't interfere with my plans.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:25 pm
Cool! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:05 pm
I'm starting to think that I should hold off submitting that job application until after I stop coughing. I can't stand the thought of having to wait until I have a chance at a job, but I think that while sick it wouldn't be as big a chance.

In other news, I'm trying to figure out how to equip a second weapon in DC universe online. I know how to unlock another weapon, but not to assign an extra weapon to the 8th slot. If I did, I'd probably go with rifle instead of dual-wield pistols, just so I don't copy the fighting style of Deadpool with none of the appearance or naming.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:50 am
It doesn't look like I'll be able to go to the library today, since the weather is so bad. I still have to take a walk, so I'll probably have to use the treadmill. I hate the treadmill, simply due to the fact that it keeps stopping all the time like the worthless junk that it is stressed

Oh well...

Hopefully I'll be able to still go bowling tonight. After bowling, I'm thinking I'll settle in and try to get the last couple of levels needed before I finish my emerald nuzlocke, then either read some Akira or work on the journals I've got.

I've noticed that ever since I've stopped eating breakfast I don't get hungry in the morning. I'd say this is pretty good, especially since I'm trying to lose weight. It's not like I skip meals, but if I can hold off for an hour or two and have an early lunch instead I think it'd work out much better.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:53 pm
So I can't go bowling due to the weather being so bad today. Hopefully Thursday will be different. rolleyes

Plans for later aside from that are still in effect though, so if I can complete my emerald run and reading Akira, I can cross both off my list.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:01 pm
Things to do with the rest of this week:

Tonight: Finish emerald nuzlocke + journal, start platinum journal, look up FF and Zelda orchestras.

Thursday: Call card store, go to library, (hopefully) trade rare cards at store, work more on platinum journal, make resume, read Akira.

Friday: Read Akira, watch Rocky, watch Clone High (as many episodes as possible), get songs for ipod.

-----------

EDIT  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:24 pm
I woke up late this day, 10 AM. I decided it was a bit late to walk to the library and back, but tomorrow I'm going no matter what (or at least Monday if I'm dragged to the doctor tomorrow at noon neutral ). Today I just vegged out I just didn't want to do anything.

I'm still sick, but tomorrow I'm supposed to go to either the doctor or the night clinic to get something for my cough.

I beat my emerald nuzlocke last night, finally. I lost 2 of my team mates to hyper beams from Wallace's gyarados, and I know I should be upset but I was more excited that I beat it after 6 months of going at it. Grinding was a pain, and taking that break just made me so detached from it. I will be adding the names of the fallen (Sarah, Cliff) to the memorial in the comic though, so it won't be a useless sacrifice. Tonight I work more on platinum and tomorrow evening I'll start on the platinum journal.

This weekend I'll be trading in cards and going bowling, and hopefully I'll be well enough by Sunday evening to FINALLY submit the application so on Monday I can get an interview. I really want/need a job, it's not even funny.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:56 pm
So today I was going to go down to the library to type up a resume based upon the one I worked on with my old counselor, but my dad came home when I was about to leave, so that interrupted my plans. I forgot the resume at home, along with my debit card that I was going to use to buy a PSN card at the mall on the way back. I wound up coming back home, dropping off the other stuff for the resume, getting my debit card, going to the mall, getting the PSN card + lunch (chicken and a shake), and walking back. rolleyes

What I'll do is tonight since I'm getting over my cough submit my application early tomorrow, schedule the interview for late in the week, and make the edits to my resume here at home so I just need to print at the library.

In the meantime, I want to listen to a few new bands and edit my ipod a bit this week, as well as finish reading Akira and catching up on my platinum journal. I'm supposed to be going bowling this week, since weeknights are less crowded; hopefully my score can remain consistent and I can start getting a bit better at it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:54 pm
Went bowling and got pissed over my ball getting stuck and the scoreboard ******** up. Went and ate at Wegman's afterwards, had chicken and a bag of lays.

I like eating at Wegman's, even though it's a grocery store. Anything that feels like a mildly upscale cafeteria sounds nice to me. The only things I wish were that a.) it was closer to my house so I could go more often and b.) that I could find the damn rice and everything else aside from chicken to eat there. I wanna load up on pizza and burgers sometimes, and although I like the chicken it's good to diversify.

As for this weekend, plans fell through to meet with my friends, and so I'm trying to complete a bunch of projects for myself. So far I haven't been doing so well, but tomorrow if I can work on my journal, finish most of my puzzle, trade in some of my cards, and do some reading I'll be satisfied. This next week I'll try again and hopefully meet with the guys for pizza and snacks and games and videos.

As far as health goes, my cough is still lingering slightly, even after 2 weeks. It has gone down, but the fact that it persists makes me lose confidence in applying for work, since I don't want to make a bad impression if this thing gets worse while I start a job. It's really times like this where an itchy throat annoys me to the point I wish I could just tear it out and be done with it. Oh well...  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:48 am
So it's been almost a month since I've been on from my own computer. I've been trying to find times to come to the library to post, and I keep up with messages and stuff with my 3DS now, but I still don't have full online (or even gaia) access without a working computer. I figure then that I'll try to tell a few things that've been going on to keep me from getting my laptop fixed/replaced.

So my grandma came out a week after my laptop screen broke, so aside from a few other things my family was busy getting ready for her visit. After that was a week where a few more things happened (passports, a concert some family went to, etc.). Then the hurricane happened, and by the end of that week more stuff was happening, and this week was crowded with leaf raking, voting, and some personal issues bubbling up to the surface while I go back to look at my college status at the end of this week. I'm planning to get my computer finally back up this weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if a meteor hit my house or I fell into a coma or some other bullshit to keep me away.

In the meantime I've updated the VG music thread of mine with all the songs I meant to get up there, and if you want to PM me my 3DS is just responsive enough to let me respond. Until I can finally stop everything to get the computer fixed though, I won't be posting often in the forums or chatting on meebo or whatever.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:52 am
So this is my first post since I got my new computer; I figure I'll talk about what's happened since the last one.

After the hurricane things were mostly uneventful. Thankfully there wasn't any damage to the house, and I was able to spend some time with family for Thanksgiving. It's incredible I think how my little cousins half my age have the same fads that were around when I was their age (Beyblade, Pokemon, Yugioh, and now Duel Masters/Kaijudo).

This new computer has let me get Skype and Meebo, which I think is awesome. My birthday weekend sucked, but the weekend after was pretty good. For the holidays I've been sucking down mint cocoas like there's no tomorrow, and just yesterday I made a sheet of peppermint bark (which is delicious).

I'm a little upset by some of my friends being away from Gaia most of the time when I can finally get back on regularly, but hopefully they'll show back up after new years, which I'm spending at my aunt's.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:11 pm
So my Christmas was pretty good (mostly). I got a Mighty Mighty Bosstones CD, a bunch of candy, a kit to make root beer, some clothes, and a bunch of books/DVDs/games I wanted. I'm going to try and get through most of that stuff in January before I go back to college (if I go back).

I think what I'll appreciate most about this Christmas is that it snowed the days before and after Christmas, but not during. That let my family head over to my Grandma's for lunch/dinner. My little cousins showed up and got a bunch of toys they wanted, and I got to watch one of them mess around in Scribblenauts.

This weekend I can't see my friend due to a snowstorm expected to hit Saturday, but I'm probably going to take that time to mess around with my gifts and Install a few things on my computer while I drink the root beer I make.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:49 pm
Saw Django Unchained today, then came home, looked up the movie, and immediately became disappointed in Spike Lee.

...Yup, it was that kind of day.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:21 am
So this weekend was alright. I had a friend over after taking him to see Django. He coerced me into getting Fallout 3 for $5 at Gamestop, but I read that I should buy some DLC about the ending.

Today I'm signing up for the spring semester in HCC. I want to sign up for 2 required courses and Spanish 1. Hopefully everything can be sorted out quickly and easily. I need to do more stuff this week though, so I believe a list is necessary:

Tuesday: Fill out Birthday and Christmas checks so they can be deposited by the end of the week, Get stuff installed on my new laptop (Word, printer connection, iTunes, security).

Wednesday: Stop procrastinating and put some Yugioh stuff on eBay, make the root beer I got as a stocking stuffer.

Thursday: Look at movie listings and try to find a way to spend the AMC gift card, look at iTunes and get the songs/podcasts/videos wanted.  
"WNB" The Why Not Blog~!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff