Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Wedding ring woes! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Help?
  the Kay's ring!
  get the clearance one from Gordon's with the bigger rock
  you're way off - get something atypical
  other
View Results

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:01 pm
I'm in the process of picking out my wedding ring. I'm kind of atypical though - I have a fabulous engagement ring but adding a wedding band to it just won't work.

My engagement ring

I had planned on wearing it on my right hand after I'm married and rather than just a band on my left, I wanted something like a more traditional set, either an engagement ring w/ a band or one built in to look like it.

I'd like a pop of color and was really hoping to have a diamond/sapphire mix. I'd like to stick with the white gold but maybe one partially rose gold or totally rose if I loved it enough would do.

Love antique-y looking rings, something with a lot of character, halo rings, geeky rings etc
I'm currently eyeing these two: love this and love me a sale but there's things i don't like about both... This site has some gorgeous, unique rings but the price doesn't tickle my fancy. biggrin

I'm wanting to stay under 3k, have some color, uniqueness, have (or appear to be) a set, etc

Of the rings I posted, what do you guys think?
I need some input from someone desperately gonk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:12 pm
Oh, wow! Congratulations on your wedding and engagement! whee

For your choices, that Kay's ring is really pretty.
But I also surfed through the site that you provided, and, even though it is above 3k, this one; the Diamond Garden Engagement ring is absolutely GORGEOUS in my opinion. It's really something!
So I voted "other" in your Poll. Good luck and best wishes with your wedding! 4laugh

P.S. For your Sets, maybe this site could interest you? It also has great sales on individuals as well. 3nodding  

X_wishing_well_X

8,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:17 pm
X_wishing_well_X

But I also surfed through the site that you provided, and, even though it is above 3k, this one; the Diamond Garden Engagement ring is absolutely GORGEOUS in my opinion. It's really something!
So I voted "other" in your Poll. Good luck and best wishes with your wedding! 4laugh

thank you so much - and i agree, that ring is sooooo beautiful! if it included the diamond i'd be all for it but sadly it's just the ring emo  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:19 pm
x Tragic Rabbit x
X_wishing_well_X

thank you so much - and i agree, that ring is sooooo beautiful! if it included the diamond i'd be all for it but sadly it's just the ring emo

You are quite welcome! :]
sad That is sad to hear. However, I came upon this site that came up a bit too late before you replied- Sets
It'd be good to look at, I think, for your sets! As well, it has good deals on individual rings as well 3nodding  

X_wishing_well_X

8,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:24 pm
X_wishing_well_X
x Tragic Rabbit x
X_wishing_well_X

sad That is sad to hear. However, I came upon this site that came up a bit too late before you replied- Sets
It'd be good to look at, I think, for your sets! As well, it has good deals on individual rings as well 3nodding

i've seen so many sites but not that one, thank you! Giving it a look now heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:25 pm
x Tragic Rabbit x
X_wishing_well_X
x Tragic Rabbit x
X_wishing_well_X

i've seen so many sites but not that one, thank you! Giving it a look now heart

Glad to help! 4laugh Awesome! Good luck!  

X_wishing_well_X

8,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:55 am
User Image
Congrats Rabbit hunny!

I'm not much of an expert on rings but some on the site wishing well posted are gorgeous!

Good Luck in finding the perfect one hunny heart
Shhh! The voices in my head are arguing againUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:19 am
x Tragic Rabbit x
First things first. ... Where did you find a rich man, and where can I find one?! Wait. Are YOU rich?! MARRY ME!! gonk

Now on to other matters wink

I like the clearance one best. Being white it won't clash with outfits. But I don't love it either... keeping YOUR tastes in mind though, I suppose the Kay's one is best. But if you don't love it either that's no good. Customizing a ring is probably much more expensive, right? xp  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

PebbleDrop856

Devoted Allegiant

9,650 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:35 am
Well, I'm not so good at anything to deal with jewelry -insert image of giving girlfriend a necklace she already had-
I just wanted say congratulations! Good luck with the ring-hunt!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:57 am
Congratulations!!!

I really like your Tardis Engagement ring and I know you are looking on getting a new set but it is so kewl that I think you should try to find a band that will work with it. Here is what I found that I think could work.
http://www.bluenile.com/sapphire-diamond-ring_17883
http://www.bluenile.com/sapphire-diamond-ring_21209
http://www.bluenile.com/sapphire-diamond-ring-14k-white-gold_21366
http://www.bluenile.com/sapphire-diamond-ring_4911
http://www.bluenile.com/sapphire-diamond-ring_5769
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-wedding-ring-white-gold_20394

I designed my own wedding rings and they don't link together. They are just the same theme and look got together and alone.

Well hope this helps and Congratulations again.  

Tera Windstar

Ruthless Hunter

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:19 pm
ancantsia
User Image
Congrats Rabbit hunny!

I'm not much of an expert on rings but some on the site wishing well posted are gorgeous!

Good Luck in finding the perfect one hunny heart

Thanks sweetie. I dunno nothing about rings either. My engagement ring was pretty much my first one. biggrin

Ooooh, guess where I'm getting married!!!!!! whee

heart heart heart heart heart Scotland! heart heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:27 pm
MissYennon
x Tragic Rabbit x
First things first. ... Where did you find a rich man, and where can I find one?! Wait. Are YOU rich?! MARRY ME!! gonk

Now on to other matters wink

I like the clearance one best. Being white it won't clash with outfits. But I don't love it either... keeping YOUR tastes in mind though, I suppose the Kay's one is best. But if you don't love it either that's no good. Customizing a ring is probably much more expensive, right? xp

Lol Yen, I lubbs you!
I met him long, long, long time ago in the Yahoo Books & Lit chat room. So bout 12 years ago I met him online and we've been seeing each other off and on IRL for about half that.

I like that the clearance ring has a band and twice as much diamond. I'm cool with the size of the kay's ring but I'd like a band (I was thinking one that alternated sapphires and diamonds might look super pretty with it, or even all diamond). I was looking at their facebook page the other day but say sooooo many negative comments about kays that I'm kinda weary about em. I did have em order it though so I'm gonna see it in person tomorrow.

We've been discussing going the custom route. It will be pricier but I hate spending so much money on something I'm not 100% happy with y'know?  

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:28 pm
PebbleDrop856
Well, I'm not so good at anything to deal with jewelry -insert image of giving girlfriend a necklace she already had-
I just wanted say congratulations! Good luck with the ring-hunt!

Awww, thank you so much! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:45 pm
Tera Windstar
Congratulations!!!

I really like your Tardis Engagement ring and I know you are looking on getting a new set but it is so kewl that I think you should try to find a band that will work with it. Here is what I found that I think could work.
http://www.bluenile.com/sapphire-diamond-ring_17883
http://www.bluenile.com/sapphire-diamond-ring_21209
http://www.bluenile.com/sapphire-diamond-ring-14k-white-gold_21366
http://www.bluenile.com/sapphire-diamond-ring_4911
http://www.bluenile.com/sapphire-diamond-ring_5769
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-wedding-ring-white-gold_20394

I designed my own wedding rings and they don't link together. They are just the same theme and look got together and alone.

Well hope this helps and Congratulations again.

I was considering wearing my tardis engagement ring on my right hand originally because it's a little big. I sized my hand this spring and since then have lost weight and experienced a little extra shrinkage from the cold winter weather. Really really like the idea of adding a band to it though. I could always get my tardis resized. The rings you posted are really pretty and a few of them I think will go really well with this ring. I think my favorite for matching is the 21366 with the princess cut stones. The first one, 17833 is gorgeous too though but perhaps not as complimentary to my blocky ring smile

One thing though, the sapphire in my tardis is created and the color of it and a real sapphire are quite a bit different. I would really need to see it with a similar band to be sure. I'll look for one while I'm out browsing tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the congrats and the brilliant rings - the princess cut is a really, really awesome idea. heart  

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:27 am
User Image
x Tragic Rabbit x

emotion_jawdrop Omg where abouts in Scotland??!!

☆ Word Games

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces