Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Borson Manor Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:19 pm
Bᴏʀsᴏɴ Mᴀɴᴏʀ
Located in Lyndhurst, Hampshire
════════════════════════

User Image

Olan Asgier Borson
Frida Kristin Borson
Magnus Åsmund Borson
Eretria Meredith Borson
Balder Ansgar Borson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:48 pm
Members

Olan Borson Home Work Away

Frida Borson Home Work Away

Magnus Borson Home Work Away

Eretria Borson Home Work Away

Balder Borson Home School Away

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:49 pm
Oᴅᴅ Nᴏᴛᴇs Aʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Mᴀɴᴏʀ
════════════════════════

Borson Manor is located on the outskirts of Lyndhurst, Hampshire, a small, but wealthy community. Originally a fixer upper, Olan and his wife bought the property before they had kids, expecting a large brood, but not getting one. The manor sits on a three-acre lot, with a cove of trees in the back. The manor boasts twenty-five rooms. Unfortunately, due to the family's small size, most of the rooms are unused. A house elf named Gobri resides in the home. There are three owls that reside here as well, Hugin, Donar, and Thor. It is connected to the Floo Network and has anti-apparition wards set up around the property.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 pm
User Image

User Image

Frida sat back in her chair, thinking. She had been getting sick for the past month, and only recently found out why. It was a shock, to be sure. She was certain it would never happen again, not with what had happened in the past. She was going to be a mother again. She held her abdomen lightly, wondering how this new miracle happened. Well, she knew the obvious, but she was told she couldn't have any more. Hugging her belly tighter, she hoped that nothing went wrong with this pregnancy.

-----------------------------------------
State: Excited and scared
OOC: ...

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:56 am
User Image

User Image

Luke came down from his room, a book in hand and every intent to read it. It was actually for schoolwork for over the summer, and he wanted to have it done so that he could have free time later. He however noticed his mum sitting in the living room, holding her belly and frowned. She never did that before. "Hei mamma, greit du er? Er magen som plager deg? Jeg kan få deg noe hvis det er.." He dropped his book down on a nearby table and walked over to his mother, worry creasing his brow.

User Image
State: Worried
OOC: Translation: Hey mom, are you alright? Is your stomach bothering you? I can get you something if it is.

If you've a story, make sure it's a whole one, with details close to hand. It's the difference between a good lie and getting caught.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:16 am
User Image

User Image

Frida looked up as she realized that Luke walked in and asked her a question. A smile graced her features as she realized she wanted to share her good news. "Elskling, jeg har fantastiske nyheter. Du kommer til å bli en storebror snart. Jeg har ikke fortalt noen ennå, men jeg ønsker å overraske din far og bror. Tror du de ville nyte å høre det over en middag i kveld?" Her eyes shone with excitement, and she threw her arms around her son tightly.

State: Excited and scared
OOC: Translation: Darling, I have wonderful news. You're going to be a big brother soon. I haven't told anyone yet, but I want to surprise your father and brother. Do you think they would enjoy hearing it over dinner tonight?

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:42 pm
User Image

ஒ Mudblood ஒ Orphan ஒ Single ஒ

Lowly with my head вσωε∂, there are rats εvεяүωнεяε.
                                                      Feed me вяεα∂ and ωαтεя, I won’t ∂ιε in there.

Steffi walked to the bathroom as soon as she woke up. She stared at her reflection for a long time. She tilted her head this way and that, turning it to try and see every part of herself. Having one eye really wasn't that easy sometimes. Finally she nodded her head and pulled her switch blade from her pocket. She brought it to a clump of hair and froze. Did she really want to do this? She worried her lip before squeezing her eye shut and slicing the blade through her blonde locks.

With the first cut done, she had to continue. Slowly but surely she sliced through all her hair until it was a mostly even cut hanging around her face, only a little bit past her ears. She mussed her hair thoughtfully before nodding her head. She liked it. Her scar had been bothering her recently and she had switched out her usual eyepatch for a bandage and some weird magical cream stuff she'd gotten for it. Supposedly it should help with the pain in her scar that had been bothering her. With that finally done, she mussed up her now short hair and then swept up and threw out all the hair she had cut off.

With all that done, Steffi hopped down the stairs and headed towards the dining room. She was sure her 'mother' (Steffi still wasn't so use to calling Frida that), would have a breakfast ready by now. Right? Steffi shrugged. If not, it wasn't like Steffi wasn't used to not eating breakfast... or lunch...or dinner. Orphans life was a rough life. As the young Gryffindor entered the room, she immediately spotted part of a breakfast laid out on the table and headed off to the kitchen. It seemed Steffi was first to rise. Not that unusual either.
                                                      "god morgen....Mutter." Steffi swallowed as the word left her mouth. It was so weird. She had grown most of her life not calling anyone mother,father, mom, dad, nothing. She had grown up alone.

She offered the woman a small smile before walking closer. It was so weird to actually have a family now.
                                                      "Er alle andre fortsatt .....uhhh..... eingeschlafen, oder am I the last one up?" Steffi struggled for the word she was looking for and immediately slipped into German and then reverted to English. Although she was basically fluent in Norwegian by now, there were some words she just forgot, or didn't know. "Har du .... uhh...som håret mitt?" She asked, hoping Frida wouldn't get mad at her for doing it without permission. It really wasn't her fault. She wasn't used to having to actually ask for permission to do things. She just kinda did it.

At that moment, she heard the footsteps of another and turned around to see Luke. She offered him a smile as well, although a much less shy one. She was glad to be on good terms with him again. She hopped over to him and flicked him in the nose. Just because they were on good terms, did not mean she still wasn't mad at him for all the stupid s**t he did. He was such an idgit, but he was her idgit.
                                                      "I was thinking we could head over to the orphanage sometime today. You're not allowed to back out of this. You're coming with me. Okay? okay." She smiled innocently. She'd never say it, but truth is, she wanted him to come with because she didn't want to have to face the god forsaken place by herself. It was the hellhole she had been forced to call home for most of her life. There was nothing good there.

OOC: Totes had permission to God Mod Luke into the kitchen >D
                                                      Translations: Good morning.....(Norwegian) mother. (german)
                                                      Is everyone else still... (Norwegian) asleep (german)
                                                      Do you.... like my hair? (Norwegian)

Save me sмιℓιηg נεsυs, get off that cяσss
                                                      Hate me
                                                      scяεαмιηg masses. I don’t care if I’m ℓσsт

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:04 pm
User Image

Do you really wanna be like them?
                                                      Do you really wanna be another trend?
                                                        Do you wanna be part of that crowd?
                                                          Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                            I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke had just entered when Steffi bounded up to him and flicked his nose. That got him to stop the back of his head and regard the blonde, blinking sleepily. He'd forgotten how nice it was to actually sleep in his own bed, and while he had been sleeping in the Room of Requirement all year, it actually didn't compare to his own bed. Stifling a yawn, it was interrupted by Steffi's announcement of her intention to drag him to the orphanage. Shaking his head, he blinked at her, finally waking enough to register what she said. "Wait, the orphanage? The same place we were dumped off at? Ummm, why are we going there again?"

He'd been back once, the same summer that his parents had adopted Steffi and the rest, but he hadn't enjoyed the experience. Barely there memories of not quite enough to eat, coupled with not that much attention, and well, it made his experience of the place less than ideal. Giving his mother a wave, he slid into a seat and grabbed a cup of tea, eyeing Steffi. "So why the sudden urge to go to the place that we both know we hated more than any other place?"

User Image
                                                  State: Waking up

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

You, don't wanna be just like youxxx
What I'm sayin' isxxxxx
This is the anthemxxxxxxx
Throw all your hands upxxxxxxxxx
You, don't wanna be youxxxxxxxxxxx

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:08 am
User Image

Steffi rolled her eyes at him and mussed her hair as she took the seat next to Luke and leaned back in her chair, staring up at the ceiling. "It's not like I want to go back! But you know how it is there. Lots of kids, no family, no food, no nothing. I was the one that was taking care of basically everyone. Now I'm gone. Who's gonna take care of them? They at least need some food and money and chiz like that." She shrugged, hoping that made any sense at all. She grabbed a bagel off of the table and chewed on it thoughtfully. "Also we should go to Diagon Alley, get all the things we'll need for school next year."

She twisted her head to look at Luke and poked his cheek to see if he was even paying attention."So you'll come with me.... right?" She asked, looking very hopeful. She really didn't want to go alone. "We can even bring Balder. He likes going out with us." She smiled gently. Balder usually put just about everyone in a good mood. He was just to adorable to not make people smile.

Hate me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:20 pm
User Image

Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                            I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke nodded, his own recollections scanty, but painting enough of a picture to know why Steffi wanted to do this. After all, didn't he have the same idea a couple of years ago, just by threatening the people there with pranks? Whatever he was going to do, it wuld have accomplished something. He then blinked as he realized she cut her hair. Was he that out of it this early? Taking a deep pull of his tea, he made a face. "Well, you do have a point. Only thing I'd be worried about is if they decide Balder's been dropped off, which if they do, I am pretty sure I might get in trouble for hexing someone."

In all honesty, he wasn't worried about his brother being grabbed by crazy orphanage ladies, if nothing else, Balder did have a set of teeth on him, as Luke had discovered once when he was trying to grab his cup and the toddler had sunk his teeth into his hand. He did reach out and finger her hair, cocking an eyebrow. "Short hair? Deciding that long hair wasn't cutting it or something?" He shifted awkwardly, and then straightened, deciding he was tired of beating around the bush. "It looks good. The hair, I mean. It kinda looks better with your face."

User Image

What I'm sayin' isxxxxx

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:44 pm
User Image

Steffi laughed. "You think I'm letting that little cutie out of my sight?" She asked, finishing off her bagel and swallowing before shrugging. "I'm taking that as a yes, you'll come with me?" He didn't have to answer to know that he was. Even if he was an idiot most days and total prat to most of.... well everyone at the school, he was her best friend, and he would never in a million years make her face that place alone, and she knew he knew she was going to go either way.

Suddenly his fingers were in her hair and a blush had somehow crept onto her cheeks. Internally she was grumbling at that stupid reaction. Why did she have to blush? It was such an un....Steffi thing to do. She hated that he could make her be so unlike herself sometimes. She shrugged at his question, fighting her own mind for her words.
                                                      "Uh..... I....." She shrugged. "I dunno.... I just woke up and decided to do it." She blinked as he complimented her.... well sort of complimented her. And somehow she found the blush on her cheeks growing. Yes sure, she could take that compliment as her face had looked bad with her long hair, but she knew better than to assume Luke meant it like that. He meant it as an honest to God compliment... he was just being Luke about it. And so the blush on her cheeks darkened and she smiled at him. "T-Thanks....." And now she was stuttering? Really??'Damn you world and any God out there. Damn you all to hell.' She cursed silently. Steffi. Her.... stuttering and blushing like a stupid idiot school girl. She hated it. It made her want to bash Luke's face in for making her act so stupid.

Hate me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:55 am
User Image

Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                            I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke just cocked an eyebrow, making it obvious what he thought about her losing Balder there. He severely doubted that would happen, but stranger things did happen. For crying out loud, there was a disproportionately large amount of magical people in that place, and something told him that it had been that way for a while. Whatever. He was pretty sure he knew most of the people from there, if not all of them by now. "Of course I'll be coming. Sheesh, you think I'd let this opportunity up for tormenting those crazy bats, you're out of your mind."

He felt his own blush start creeping onto his face, and was grateful to just reach out and grab a slice of toast, hiding the red behind his own flaming locks. Dangit, she was stuttering, which of course meant that she still liked him, and he hadn't gotten over his crush either. Or was it a crush? It hadn't abated, or really lessened, it was still there. What did that say about their relationship? Deciding he wasn't going to ponder this, he shoved the the toast into his mouth, recieving a disapproving glare from his mother before standing. "Okay, well, guess that means I need to get ready, so... I'll go do that now. Yeah. Takk for frokost, mamma!" He waved at both females before heading up to his room, needing to change and well, splash some water on his face. Hopefully no one else saw him like this, otherwise he was dead.

User Image
                                                  OOC: Translation: Thanks for the breakfast, mom!

What I'm sayin' isxxxxx

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:29 pm
User Image

Steffi was just barely restraining herself from hitting the boy over the head or something. Gah he was so ridiculous. He goes and puts his hand in her hair like you know a guy that actually liked you would and then he wanders off all dumb and stuff. He made her want to bash his face in. The stupid boy. She grumbled under her breath before slipping her sandal off and chucking it at the retreating boys head grumpily. She really didn't care if it actually hit or not. It'd make the point clear either way. With that she stood up and gave Frida a small wavering smile.

And then she was off, to grab her shoe from wherever it had landed and wait for the idgit she called her best friend. She was pondering going to find Balder so they could bring the little toddler with them on their outing... but since Luke was being so annoying, she decided she'd leave it to him to track down the little boy.
                                                      "He's going to be the death of me...." She muttered under her breath as she continued to think on Luke. How had their easy friendship turned into this awkward fest anyways? It seemed to her, that one minute they'd been fine and the next Luke was flirting with idiots and she was getting jealous and wanting to bash people's faces in.

Hate me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:40 pm
User Image

Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                            I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke ignored the shoe being thrown as he walked up the stairs. To be honest, he just wanted to face her again without his hair resembling a tomato. Which would have been the case had he stayed down there. He got dressed and moved into his baby brother's room, a smile erupting onto his face as Balder seemed to be up already and playing with blocks. The blond was stacking them up carefully, and then with a mischievous glint in his eye, he knocked them down again. Kid seemed to be spending way more time with Jer and him to get that look. Well, Steffi too, which reminded him of why he was here. He knelt next to the younger boy winking a bit. "Hei Balder, ønsker å gå ut og ha det litt gøy? Steffi og jeg kommer til et sted med andre barn, og vel, jeg vedder på at du ønsker å komme ut og spille, ikke sant?."

Balder nodded excitedly, his blocks forgotten as he raced to grab clothes out of his drawers. Luke had to slap his forehead as the younger boy seemed eager to put on several layers of clothes at once, then bent down to help. "Nei, ønsker jeg å gjøre det! Lukey, du er slem!"

"Jeg er ikke det! Nå, kom igjen, la meg få noen av disse skjortene ut av deg." Wrestling with the struggling toddler, he managed to get his brother dressed and picked him up. Carrying him downstairs, he deposited Balder into a chair and quickly gave him breakfast. "He just needs to eat real quick and then we can get going." He dodged the fork Balder raised to fight off Luke, being covered in scrambled eggs as Frida quickly placed a cup down for her youngest. Luke then dodged a piece of toast and wondered if this was in retaliation for taking off the other three shirts.

Looking up at Steffi however caused him to clear his throat and grab another piece of toast. Nibbling at it, he swallowed and felt like he was a first year before the Sorting. Or rather when he was first adopted, really.
                                                  "So, yeah, the orphanage. shouldn't be too hard to go there, right? AndIamsorryaboutjustnowsoyeah." Blushing harder, he let his hair fall into his face again and he shuffled his feet.

User Image
                                                  OOC: Translation: Luke: Hey Balder, want to go out and have some fun? Steffi and I are going to a place with other kids, and well, I bet you want to get out and play, right?
                                                  Balder: No, I want to do it! Lukey, you're being mean!
                                                  Luke: I am not! Now, come on, let me get some of these shirts off of you.

What I'm sayin' isxxxxx

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:07 pm
User Image

Steffi smirked as Balder seemed to be in the same mindset as her. He was threatening Luke with eggs and toast and being utterly adorable. It was all she could do to not coo and squeal over the child. She tickled under the little boy's chin anyways before glancing up at Luke. She raised an eyebrow as the end of his sentence became a jumbled mess, before rolling her eyes and shrugging. "No' a big deal." She said nonchalantly. She wasn't going to say it out loud, but she had let her temper get the best of her.... even though he mostly deserved it. He was such a butt sometimes.

With that, Steffi waited silently for Balder to finish his food before lifting the boy out of his chair and settling him on her hip.
                                                      "Floo ta Diagon and walk ta the orphanage then?" She asked. She knew the route by heart. She would never get lost on her way to the orphanage. She had grown up on the streets of London. They were still and always would be her first home. She knew everything about the streets around Diagon and that place. It didn't even deserve a name, that place. Not a single syllable, but it was still her first home.... kinda.

With a small sigh she walked towards the fireplace and threw some floo powder into it.
                                                      "You ready Balder?" She asked, giggling and tickling his tummy before hopping into the emerald flames. "Diagon Alley." She said clearly as the view infront of her turned into a blur of colors and she squeezed her eyes shut. She still would always prefer walking to this magical way of transporting, and of course flying was definitely out of the question after her first year experience.

OOC: *exit Borson Mannor*

Hate me

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff