We do not sow
  Unbowed, unbent, unbroken
  High as honor
  Night gathers, and now my watch begins
View Results

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:01 pm
DON'T POST SPOILERS HERE!! I want to be supportive both of the people who read the books and the people watching the show. Put it in a spoiler tag if you're unsure!

However, it should be noted that I am up to date on the TV series and have read all the books/short stories (with the possible exception of the later Dunk and Egg novellas), so feel free to include whatever you want when you talk to me, as long as it is spoiler tagged for everyone else!

This isn't an official shop event or anything. It's just Roniel doing stuff! Be aware of this.

I'm a naturally disorganized person and don't feel like expending the effort to make a fancy thread... so pardon the informal nature of this!

Basically, I love Song of Ice and Fire (or Game of Thrones, if you prefer). This should be clear from my username and my choice of soquili cosplays I've been after lately. The thing is... I also love when other people love ASoIaF. It's fun to have people to share that excitement with... and it's even more fun to have people to share plots and RPs with.

Because of this, I'd like to help some people get cosplays from the series. I'd like to spend some of my staff credits to help people join me in the awesomeness that is GoT soq fun. For those of you less familiar with the shop, with staff credits, you don't have to worry about gold or entering customs, but it may take a little longer for the colorist to get the pony to you.

I know that people like to keep quests and things secret, especially for something popular like this. Because of that, I welcome you to either post here or PM me with your ideas. No advantage to either one, just whatever you're more comfortable with. Even if someone posts for character X in thread, you are absolutely welcome to still PM me if you're interested in the character. No claiming of cosplays, remember? ^^

Anyways, the information I need from interested in people is this:

1. What cosplay are you after?
2. How are you going to translate them into a soq? (you don't have to go into details, but I at least need to know rarity level, so I can calculate how many credits I'd need to spend)
3. What are your plot ideas? What would you do with this character?
4. Any other GoT enthusiasm you might have! biggrin

Things to keep in mind:
- I can buy mutants with staff credits... but it's expensive. Cost of the custom to me will be one of the things I'm weighing. Feel free to request a mutant, but it'd be a lot easier for me to buy non-mutants. I don't have enough credits ever to buy a megamutant, so... don't ask for one!
- Don't be a jerk to anyone else you see posting about a cosplay that you might also want. I want this place to be open and friendly to everyone!
- On that note, please don't take it personally if I fund someone else's quest if they were after the same cosplay as you.
- I have no idea how many of these I'm going to end up funding. I'd like to fund one for December, but have no clue how many I'm going to take after that. It could be 20... it could be 0!
- Feel free to post/PM even if you already have a Thrones soq. But I will be weighing requests from people with no Thrones soqs a bit heavier.
- Don't be shy, even if we don't talk much!
- Sorry staff, but I'm only going to seriously consider non-staff for this.
- Please don't pressure me or cause drama. I want this to be a fun thing, not a stressful one.

Basically... please just try to be a good citizen and not make anyone feel bad!

GoT cosplays that already exist as soqs:
Daenerys Targaryen
Rhaegar Targaryen
Viserys Targaryen
Jon Snow
Robb Stark
Sansa Stark
Arya Stark
Ser Jorah Mormont
Brynden "Bloodraven" Rivers (in production)
Shiera Seastar (in production)

(Did I forget anyone? Please tell me!)

Personal Roniel things:

- I'm not a fan of Daenerys/Drogo for reasons. Please don't come to me hoping for Dany/Drogo romance!
- I own Daenerys, Rhaegar, and Viserys Targaryen. I'm open to plotting with them, if you want to get characters that interact with them!
- I'm not actively questing for any other GoT characters, so don't worry about your interests overlapping with mine!
- Hubba hubba zoot zoot!

Please quote me when you post here! Otherwise I might not notice it until awkwardly later. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:20 pm
Second post reminder: YOU CAN NEVER CLAIM COSPLAYS IN SOQUILI!

Play nice, even if people are after the same character as you!

Feel free to express interest in a character even if someone else posted first or something!  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:41 pm
I would love to quest my Targaryen OC.
She's a half-blooded Targaryen.
Maerys Waters is her name.
I've fallen in love with her as a character through my RPs.

Are OCs alright?
If not Ned would definitely on my top to-get list.
o uo!!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:49 pm
OCs are just fine! biggrin I'm undoubtedly gonna get my own Targ OC here someday too.

I suppose multiple requests are fine too. Whatever. I'm flexible, lol.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:14 pm
I actually tried to get Tyrion in bribes but that didn't work out lol. Not sure I'd want to go for him or not as I'd prefer him as a pawed mutant...

Otherwise Melisandre:

I'm thinking a fire 'suti or some sort of suti cross. Not sure about complete execution but definitely would have her wispy drapes, necklace, and that long long copper hair. Maybe with her shadow assassin around her feet...but I think that's a mutation so probably not.

She would probably set herself up as some sort of fire priestess in a cave or fall in with a rougher herd as a mystic or oracle. If someone where to get Stannis she'd probably follow him around like a lost puppy if the other person were applicable to it.

I absolutely loved the books, an ex-boyfriend turned me on to the series. I think he shook his head at me when I bought one instead of borrowing it from him. Current hubby was fond of the show and we're waiting for season three to come out on Blu-ray so we can watch it as we don't get HBO.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:20 pm
*adds a note about megamutants*

Yeah, sadly I can't afford megamutants. I think I'd have to save up for close to a year to afford one. XD  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:42 pm
Mirri Maz Duur

I tend to be drawn to the smaller characters in GoT (though I have my faves in the main as well)..the ones that are on the fringe, that come in and out of the story but are still well crafted nonetheless.

I would love to expand on her background (the ones from book & series), that which led her to do what she did to Daenerys, if I can wind some version of it into the Soq-verse GoT I will attempt to (won't post more about that just in case for spoilers XD)

I know everyone tends to go for mutants for these, but I think a well edited grounded would work as well. She would look like a once proud mare that has fallen on hard times, mane a drawn back tangle of black hair that's greying, a shrewd, calculating look on her face, a tattered roughlinen cloak - possibly a blanket of old leathers - and the eye pendant from her portrayal in the tv series.

In the Soq-verse she would be a midwife and healer, she would have a sort of grasping, grudging air about her, not giving her services for free as she might have done before her 'downfall'

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:55 am
Aaah, GoT. Incredibly excited for the next books and for the next season. <3. I've actually been considering questing for some GoT soqs. The main ones being Tyene Sand, Quaithe, and Jorah Mormont. And maybe Brienne. I do love Brienne.

Tyene Sand:
A perlino coloured kirin x kalona crossbreed. She'd very much be this misleading, cunning and calculating individual with a knack for poison making like her book self. The sort to present someone with a smile while simultaneously plotting their demise. With golden wavy hair, blue eyes, a sweet smile upon her lips, and a white shawl draped about her neck and forelegs. The picture of innocence. 8'| In soq-verse, I think she'd still be the b*****d daughter of Oberyn Martell, sent by him to the Kawani lands for information gathering.

Quaithe:
A silver dapple kirin[maybe half shadow 'suti, idk. Undecided], appearance inspired both from the book version and and from the TV show version. From a far off land, Quaithe has come to the kawani lands for reasons she does not care to mention, and when asked her answers are always infuriatingly cryptic. Not one to ever really give a straight answer, Quaithe is recognized for talking in riddles. The only sure thing anyone knows about her is that she claims to be a 'shadowbinder'. She wears a red mask that extends to her neck and covers the majority of her face, leaving her eyes and mouth bare. Her dark red mane is tied partially back, reaching to above her shoulders. Her tail is also tied in a similar fashion. Around her ankles are metal anklets in a similar style to that of her mask, and upon her back an intricate blanket.

Jorah Mormont:
A strawberry roan regular with the warhorse build. Appearance adapted predominantly from the TV show version. A short sandy coloured mane and tail that is greying slightly, with small pieces of leather and steel armor dotted about him. Such as bracers, chest armor and perhaps a belt. Based upon this outfit as well as his armor in the show. In soq-verse I think to begin with he'd be selling his skills, perhaps as a body guard or what have you. Until meeting Daenerys, then I think he'd follow her about/help her out. Providing Roniel is okay with that idea. :'v

-Diamond-Elephant-

Dapper Mage

11,100 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:20 pm
I have a fondness for some of the more unique persons of the stories- The bastards, the slaves, the whores... the ones with such unique and interesting backstories, but without being main pov characters. And I will admit to a major fondness for the dothraki and house Targaryen...

My main wants for cosplays of this particular epic are three of the four 'Great Bastards' of Aegon IV (really not much a fan of Aegor Rivers 'Bittersteel')

* Shiera Seastar:
A Kirin-Cerynei cross. Cream coat with the Targaryen Platinum blonde wavy mane (between Long and extra long), Mismatched (blue and green) eyes, a necklace of alternating Emeralds and Sapphires, a golden circlet. A brilliant beauty who took after her mother. Somewhat cold and haughty, rumoured to have knowledge of magic, which she used to retain her youth and beauty.

Plots:
- Beauty: while she knows she is beautiful, it is nothing more than a means to an end. In this case, collecting and surrounding herself with beautiful things. Be they plants, others soquili, gems, etc. She will go to great lengths in order to find beauty.
- Power: it is in her blood to desire power - whether it is magical, or over others, it doesn't matter. Power is power, and she wants it regardless of the cost.
- Enemy or Ally: she finds someone with a similar temperament/mindset. whether they assist each other or end up being rivals

* Daemon Blackfyre:
Kirin Kalona
cream coat, deep purple eyes and Targaryen platinum mane
patch on his foreleg with reverse Targaryen arms (black three headed dragon on red field), sword, and his distinctive warhelm (darkish steel,open face, with dragonwings near the ears)
Plots- again, nothing specific yet.

*Brynden Rivers 'Blood Raven":
A half-kalona.
An albino- White coat, long white mane, red eyes.
a patch on his foreleg with his personal coat of arms. ( a white dragon with red eyes breathing red fire against a black field)
Red winestain birthmark going up his throat and right cheek ( kind of an inkblot raven- from which he derives his nickname)
Mottled dark grey and black cloak with the hood down

A sorcerer/spymaster
photophobia
Plots: well nothing specific yet. Probably some dealing with his penchant for stealth, and sorcery.

others I might be interested in later on are Irri, Jhiqui, and Doreah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:27 pm
Zomg! Someone else here actually knows Bloodraven and the other Blackfyre rebellion folk! *high fives Dawns*  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

junglerunner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:14 pm

1. Aegon Targaryen / ‘Young Griff’.
2. Ulun’suti or Kalona/Kirin like his Auntie!
3. Forming a herd or ‘group’ known as the Golden Company. To find his aunt and well… Continue his education in preparation of ruling.

I will add more details at a later date, it’s late presently and I am now off to bed after finding this amazing and generous thread!
heart  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:44 pm
Quick Question! (Sorry if this isn't the place for questions! You can delete it if it's not.)

I know you said mutants are more expensive, I was wondering about almost.. two forms. One more "in character form" and then one pretty simple second edit. Is that going to be an outrageous price to you? Or is that kosher? xD

I'm seriously considering Jaqen as one to apply for [i adore him o3o], but in my consideration of how to make him, I keep coming back to the fact that he can change his face and that when he leaves Arya, his facial description is the same as another character later described, and it's believed they are the same. So I wanted to have one based off the Jaqen we all met, and then one that's literally just a Soq with a hooded cape covering most of him, including most of his face if possible, sort of implying that unknown identity and dangerous figure-esque-ness.

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:49 pm
tani duh!
Quick Question! (Sorry if this isn't the place for questions! You can delete it if it's not.)

I know you said mutants are more expensive, I was wondering about almost.. two forms. One more "in character form" and then one pretty simple second edit. Is that going to be an outrageous price to you? Or is that kosher? xD

I'm seriously considering Jaqen as one to apply for [i adore him o3o], but in my consideration of how to make him, I keep coming back to the fact that he can change his face and that when he leaves Arya, his facial description is the same as another character later described, and it's believed they are the same. So I wanted to have one based off the Jaqen we all met, and then one that's literally just a Soq with a hooded cape covering most of him, including most of his face if possible, sort of implying that unknown identity and dangerous figure-esque-ness.

Hmmmm... Generally two forms of a soq isn't allowed. You might be able to get a clothed form and a naked form, but it's a gray area. I'd suggest asking Mind for clarification on this.

Edit: For example, I know something like this would be allowed.

Regular Dany!
User Image

Nekkid Dany. (so shocking!)
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:52 pm
Roniel Targaryen

Hmmmm... Generally two forms of a soq isn't allowed. You might be able to get a clothed form and a naked form, but it's a gray area. I'd suggest asking Mind for clarification on this.

Ahh, okay! I can do without then smile It's not really an issue, was just curious, and thought it would be neat. Thanks!

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers