Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Holt Family Estate Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:55 am
xxx× × ×xxxH O L TxxF A M I L YxxH O M Exxx× × ×xxx

User Image

Located in Chipping Clodbury, England

User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:59 am
xxxx× × ×xxxxRESIDENTSxxxx× × ×xxxx

xxxKENNETH LIAM HOLTxxx
Homeowner
Husband of Verily, Father of Sawyer
Guardian of Anwen
Friend of Leilani

xxxVERILY DAWN HOLTxxx
Homeowner
Wife of Kenneth, Mother of Sawyer
Guardian of Anwen

xxxSAWYER RENEE HOLTxxx
Daughter of Kenneth and Verily
'Sister' of Anwen

xxxANWEN MYFANWY ARGALLxxx
Ward of Kenneth and Verily
'Sister' of Sawyer

xxxLEILANI SHENAYA JACKSONxxx
Friend of Kenneth

xxxKITTY MAE JACKSONxxx
Niece of Leilani

xxxLIBBYxxx
House-Elf
NPC

xxxMITZYxxx
House-Elf
NPC

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:12 am
xxx× × ×xH O L TxxxE S T A T ExxxI N F O R M A T I O Nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxT H ExxxH O M Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              × The estate has been in the Holt family for generations
              × Previously, the family was quite large, and most if not all of the rooms were filled
              × For a while, it was just Kenneth, his brother Elliott, and their house-elves. However, recent years have seen it house several wayward souls
              × Current residents include Kenneth and his family, a young girl named Anwen, and Ken's friend Leilani and her neice

xxxT H ExxxP E T Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            × Kenneth has parrot named Chester
            × Leilani has a cat named Cumin
            × Kitty has a cat named Paprika, and a snake named Cayenne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:20 pm
The owl only flew up to poke the letter through the letter slot in the door and the it was off once again. Millie was not the young girl's owl and she only delivered the letter because she had no important official business to do for her owner. She would not be sticking around to wait for any sort of reply.

Verily McHalen

Dear Kenneth,
Umm so I know you probably don't want to hear from the awkward random girl who probably ruined your day that one day, but I mean uh... I dunno. You were nice to me and people aren't nice to me very often. I don't.... I mean I don't have any friends at all really. I mean I've got my twin sister always, and my older sister would be there for me if I asked. But my twin's got a boyfriend and her quidditch team and her prefect duties and all of that crap, and my older sister.... I don't think she's really friends with anyone, just family. I don't really know what I'm getting at or why i'm spouting all this nutcrap to you, but I guess.... I just I really want a friend.... so I guess I'm just asking Do you want to be my friend?
-Verily McHalen

Ps: Please don't think I'm a creep or anything.....

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:32 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Relaxed at Home with Verily
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Maybe I'll finally have someone who appreciates good grease... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I got a paint outside ✰ ✰ ✰xxx
                                                          With enough giddyup to be free; ✰ ✰ ✰xxxxxx
                                                          I got a faint smell of cheap perfume, ✰ ✰ ✰xxxxxxxxx
                                                          And a hint of gasoline. ✰ ✰ ✰xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceKenneth stood in the kitchen of his home, noting with some annoyance that it was eerily quiet. It was always quiet, of course, since his brother wasn't a particularly loud kid, but ever since Elliott had gone off to Hogwarts earlier that week it seemed almost deafening. Kenneth was used to living alone, sure, but he wasn't used to living alone in a home the size of a small high school. And he wasn't really alone per say, he had the House-Elves, but they were far too traditional to be any real company. They'd come from his stepmother's side, and Mrs. Allison Holt's family had been rather old-fashioned. His father had always wanted to free the pair, but had never done it, mostly because Libby and Mitzy wouldn't have known what to do with themselves if they'd been free. Kenneth sort of got why his dad hadn't done it; freeing them seemed almost cruel, the way the pair of them seemed to act. He didn't really get House-Elves since they weren't as common in the states, but he had to admit, they were handy to have around. If only they hadn't been so proper, and he could've managed a decent conversation with them.

spaceHe shook his head and turned his attention back to what he was doing. He wouldn't be alone much longer, at least not for the night, and it wouldn't do for him to burn dinner. Verily had seemed more than happy to accept his invitation, for which he was incredibly thankful, because it meant that he'd have some company. Hell, if tonight went well, he might see about trying to make it a weekly thing. She could come over, he could cook, they could talk about what they'd both been up to, maybe head to London for a movie or something. Sounded a hell of a lot better than sitting around his house alone all the damn time. He smiled at the thought, checking the fryer. He hadn't told Verily what he'd be making tonight, just that it was his favorite and he didn't get to eat enough of it anymore. Which was the truth; Elliott, the brat, absolutely hated greasy food, which meant Kenneth'd had to all but give up his fried chicken. Which sucked, because he loved fried chicken. He was rather hoping that Verily would like it, as well, and then he could hopefully convince her to come over once a week for other similar foods. He'd decided that if he were going to make her eat his food, he might as well go all the way, so he'd made mashed potatoes, cole slaw and fried okra to accompany it. It was a simple enough meal, hopefully she'd enjoy it. If not, he had some stuff for a quick pasta bake in the fridge, that wouldn't take too long to prepare. The only reason he wasn't already making it too was because if she liked the chicken he didn't want to waste the pasta... and also because he was a bit scared she wouldn't try the chicken if the pasta was a known option. He shrugged to himself, glancing at the clock. She should be here soon, he noted. Good thing dinner was almost done.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✰ ✰ ✰ See I'm a different kind of knight;
                                                          xxxxxx✰ ✰ ✰ You're gonna find your fairy tales are lies
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✰ ✰ ✰ I don't have a white horse,
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✰ ✰ ✰ But you can come along for the ride

(( OOC: ))

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:55 pm
User Image

User Image

♫ Pureblood ♫ Fourth Floor ♫ Single ♫

Don't wanna let you ๔๏ฬภ but I am ђєใใ bound.
                                                        ςยгҭคเภ’ร call is the ใครҭ of all.
                                                        When the lights ғค๔є out all the รเภภєгรcrawl.

Verily was more than happy Kenneth had asked her over for dinner. Whether the fact that it might be a date had anything to do with that happiness was not being spoken about internally or externally. She had been clarifying with herself that he was a grown man and that if he wanted to ask her on a date he would actually state that said outing was a date and if he didn't that was perfectly fine too. She was perfectly happy being just friends with him. Or at least that is what she kept telling herself. Elli hadn't helped the matter though. The minute her twin had found out she was going to a boy's house for dinner all alone and he was cooking it, she had insisted that it was most definitely a date and then had insisted on finding the cutest outfit to wear and being in charge of Verily's hair and makeup. It was rather annoying, but the healer had indulged her sister's antics if only to avoid a hormonal break down about her hating her or something along those lines. She was leaving Cam to deal with that kind of stuff. Last she'd heard as she was leaving the house, Elli was sobbing hysterically about how Cam didn't think she was pretty anymore because she was fat. Ver just wanted the damn baby to be born right about now. Of course she didn't mean now, now, she did want to be there for her niece of nephew's birth.

As it was, she had successfully mussed up her hair and makeup enough to make it look like she hadn't tried that hard, and if he asked, well she'd blame it all on Elli. It was a dreadfully good excuse after all. Even so, she was worrying. She didn't want to weird him out or anything, and last she checked she was phenomenally good at weirding people out..... especially him. Of course their first meeting she had kissed him.... so she suppsoed she really couldn't get much worse than that. At least she hoped it couldn't. Knowing her, it could... and it would. Maybe fate had been trying to tell her something that messed up day though. She hadn't even known the guy back then and she'd kissed him, and now here she was all butterfly-ie over a simple dinner with him which couldn't possibly be a date because he would have called it a date.... wouldn't he have?

Thankfully, Ver had been able to talk Elli out of the much fancier dress she'd been begging her to wear on the fact that she was only going to his house. She'd have contemplated standing him up if Elli had made her wear it. Elli had gotten her to wear her rarely used contacts instead of glasses though, and she forced her to straighten her hair. Ver was lucky to have escaped in a simple dress with simple makeup on. She was grateful for the small things right now.

The young red head sighed and smoothed out her skirt, chewing on her lip. It wasn't a date, Elli was crazy, and she needed to stop thinking about her best friend like that because it would get her no where good. With that mantra on repeat in her head, she raised a hand to knock gently on the door, and put a smile that looked as least nervous as she could manage on her face. If anything she could write it off as surprise at how big his house was. She'd pictured him living in a smaller.... shack like home.

When you feel my ђєคҭ, look into my єұєร.
                                                        It’s where my ๔є๓๏ภร hide. It is dark เภรเ๔є.
                                                        No matter what we ๒гєє๔. We still are made of ﻮгєє๔.
                                                        Don’t get too ςใ๏รє, this is my кเภﻮ๔๏๓ come.

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:21 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceThe knock on the door went unnoticed by Kenneth, but luckily his ears weren't the only ones listening. The door was opened by a small figure clothed in what looked to be a sheet, which she wore like a toga, and green eyes stared up at the figure on the porch for a moment before she looked down and gestured into the home. "You must be the Miss Verily! Mister Kenneth is in the kitchen, if you would please to be following the Libby, it is right this way!" she chirped, smiling widely at the young woman and then leading the way through the entryway and living room. Libby rang a tiny bell when she entered the kitchen, prompting her master to look up from what he was doing. "Mister Kenneth's guest has arrived!" she told him with a light bow. He frowned a bit at her use of the word 'Mister,' it weirded him out that she always called him Mister Kenneth, but at least he'd talked her out of that 'Master' business. It hadn't been easy, but eventually he'd managed to convince her that technically, since he'd come from Elliott's mother's family, and Elliott's mother was not his mother, he was not her master. She still called Elliott master, of course, but the younger Holt didn't seem as bothered by it, presumably because he was more used to it. It was more than Kenneth could say for Mitzy; she was sweet, but if Libby was proper, Mitzy was th poster child for it. She wouldn't even meet his eyes.

spaceHe dusted his hands off on a towel and smiled. "Thanks, Lib. Y'all's dinner is already on the table in the breakfast nook," he told her, prompting a flustered sort of hmph from the creature, who still did not think it was proper for the master of her home to be preparing her meal. But, Mister Kenneth was not a normal sort of master, and he was at least very kind, if a bit odd, so she didn't complain. Instead, she called Mitzy to eat with her. Kenneth then turned his attention to Verily, offering her a smile... which lasted all of a second. He blinked a bit as he caught a good look at her. What... was she wearing? He swallowed lightly, thinking that, hell, she looked awfully pretty for someone coming over for dinner with a friend. But, that was all they were, right? Friends? Except he didn't think he'd ever seen her in a dress like that before. He considered that maybe she dressed that way normally and he just hadn't seen it because of the circumstances under which they usually saw one another, but that didn't make any sense. If she were the sort to wear a dress all the time, he'd have definitely seen her in one before now. "Uh, hey, Verily," he said, barely flushing. Hell, if this wasn't a date, suddenly he sort of wished it were. He'd known she was pretty, had actually actively been trying to ignore that she was pretty, but... it was sort of hard to do at the moment.

spaceHe inhaled slowly, then shook his head. No, dammit. Her life had been complicated enough by idiot boys who didn't know how to treat her, he didn't need to ruin their friendship flirting with her. Lord knows she needed a friend more than she needed a boyfriend. Hell, she needed a boyfriend like she needed a hole in her head. He ignored how much that thought bothered him. It didn't matter, dammit, if he'd be a better boyfriend, because she didn't need a boyfriend. He shoved the entire thought away, trying to find some way to cover up the fact that he had completely obviously just checked her out. "Glad ya could make it," he told her, a crooked grin on his lips. "Just finished the cole slaw, so your timing's great. Uh... I figured we'd eat outside, if that's alright. The dining room's kinda stuffy. I usually eat in my bedroom, to be honest... drives Mitzy and Libby nuts..." He realized he'd rambled a bit there, and shook his head. "Uh, if you could grab the plates and silverware and cups, that'd be great, and I'll get the rest," he told her, levitating the basket with the chicken one of the bowls before grabbing the rest to carry it outside. There was already a pitcher of tea for him, along with some apple juice for her. He'd thought about just having the tea, but he didn't care to hear another Brit ramble on about how tea was supposed to be hot.

spaceHe set the chicken and the rest out, smiling a bit. "So, tonight we're pretending that we're not in England, got it? At least, for dinner. So, we've got some good, old-fashioned fried chicken, buttered mashed potatoes, cole slaw and fried okra. Oh! And the rolls," he said, feeling like an idiot for forgetting the sweet rolls, summoning them out to the picnic table to avoid having to go back in for them. "If ya don't like it, I swear on my mama's grave I'll never make you eat it again. But... I hope you like it, 'cause it'd be nice to have someone I can invite over for some decent food once in a while," he told her with a smirk. The best thing about Elliott being out of the house was that he got to eat what he wanted. The only problem? He didn't exactly know how to cook for one, so he always ended up with leftovers. Which was fine, except he hated leftovers. Hopefully Verily would acquire a taste for Southern cuisine and he'd have someone else to cook for.

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:07 pm
User Image

User Image

Ver took a deep breath and prepared herself right as the door opened, only for it to be let out in a gasp as she looked down at the house elf....house elf. Kenneth had house elves? This boy was becoming more and more of a shock the more she found out about him. He didn't live in a shack, and he had house elves. She was starting to wonder if he wasn't some corporate owner of a bunch of grocery stores all over the world or something. She had been staring at the poor elf without moving for what must have been an awfully long time when she realized it and flushed. "I'm so sorry. I don't mean to stare. I just didn't think Kenneth... would have house elves." She tugged on a strand of her hair awkwardly and followed the elf into the kitchen and smiled brightly when she saw him. She also did her best to cover up her giggle at him being repeatedly called Mister Kenneth, and his frown that went along with it. When the house elf had left she smiled at him, with a tiny mischievous twinkle in her eye. "Should I start calling you Mister Kenneth too?" She teased him. but all teasing was lost to her mind the moment she realized how he was looking at her.

A blush coated her cheeks and her finger twisted nervously into her hair as he totally checked her out. Had she been wrong? Had Elli been right? Was this really a date? But if it was.... why hadn't he said so? She swallowed nervously, pressing her lips together to avoid worrying one with her tooth. But he was looking at her in that way that most guys didn't look at her in, and all the times she'd ever see anyone look at anyone like that, they'd either been dating or soon were.... so this had to be a date right? She felt like her stomach was swarmed in butterflies now, and he was looking at her like.... well like Erik and Darius had once looked at her. But he wasn't them, and she knew that, and he made her feel good about herself unlike them. She swallowed again, trying to make herself speak, because she knew she must look really bad just standing there twisting her hair and looking like a nervous wreck. But she was a nervous wreck.

She had continuously told herself that he was only her best friend and that he wouldn't like her like that because they were just friends, but now all her logic was going out the door. Friends didn't look at friends like that.... did they?.... And did he just mention his bedroom. Her blush darkened and she gulped and smiled, but damn it she still looked nervous. She could think of a few things that happened in bedrooms but eating was not high on that list and that train of thought sure wasn't helping the butterflies or the nerves. Thankfully he had moved the subject along really quickly and she started.
                                                        "Oh! uh... y-yeah I'll grab them." She said quickly, cursing the stutter internally. She quickly grabbed what he asked her to and followed him outside.

Grey eyes looked around her, a small smile gracing her features.
                                                        "Its beautiful out here." She whispered, turning her eyes on him, the smile still on her face. This time it didn't look nervous though. "You know... I never expected you to live on an estate. I almost thought I was in the wrong place when I got here. You having house elves was a bigger surprise though. " She giggled and turned back to look out over the land of the estate. "But... I think... how perfect you are was the biggest surprise." She shook her head gently, the words coming out so quietly, she wondered if he'd even hear them, and if she wanted him to hear them or not.

When he began explaining the food she turned back to the table brightly, quickly setting out the dishes she'd carried for him. He seemed so excited to have someone to eat with that she was determined to like it. If only because it meant he'd invite her over more. Even if it wasn't a date..... maybe one night it would become one.
                                                        "It smells wonderful Kenneth. I'm sure it will taste just as good." She smiled and shrugged. "And anyways, Grace is always making me try weird foreign food. Apparently I'm the only one with a 'refined' palate that will try it. " She put quotes around the word refined and she spoke, laughing quietly about it. "I'm assuming that means her boyfriend who will eat just about anything doesn't count as refined."

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:03 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceKenneth managed to collect his thoughts enough to glare at Verily for her teasing, thankfully, and shook his head. "Hell, no. I just barely stopped callin' you Miss Verily, I think you threatened to beat my head in if I kept it up. You start callin' me Mister Kenneth and I'll have to thump you upside the head. S'what I do to Elliott when he does it, anyway," he told her. The kid thought he was so hilarious, teasing his brother about the way the House-Elves addressed him. Again, Kenneth was sort of glad that Elliott was gone. He was pretty sure that the kid would be having a field day making fun of him for dropping his jaw when he caught sight of Verily in her dress. Which would've just made the whole thing even more awkward, and that was saying something. He realized that Verily was blushing and twisting her hair, meaning that she'd absolutely noticed that he was looking at her. Well, damn. That just got the night off to a great start, didn't it? She was probably uncomfortable as hell.

spaceHe was thankful for the distraction of setting up the plates. He managed a light grin as she complimented the garden. "Thanks. It was Allison's favorite part of the house... my stepmother, I mean. So, I dunno. I guess, after she died, I figured I'd better try to keep it up. It makes Elliott happy, anyway. And it gives Libby and Mitzy something to do, since I'm pretty much useless with anything that grows and you don't eat." Kenneth was quite certain that, were they not House-Elves and therefore incapable of defying him, the pair would've banned him from the gardens altogether. And he hadn't been kidding when he'd said it gave the pair something to do. He wasn't a particularly messy person, except in the kitchen, and he always cleaned up after himself in there. The pair would have nothing to do but wander the house and dust if not for the gardens. Although, the reminder of the fact that he did tend to mess up the kitchen pretty bad was a welcome one; he realized that he was still wearing the apron he'd cooked in, and that he had a bit of flour from the breading on his arm. Hell, he probably had it on his face, too. He bet he looked like a mess... damn. Well, then. It was a good thing this wasn't a date... right?

spaceBefore he had a chance to respond to her surprise at his living on an estate and having house-elves, her final words registered, and he froze, eyes going wide. Wait, what? He could not have heard that right, because there was no way in hell Verily had just said... he swallowed again, hand rubbing the back of his neck. "Uuuuh..." He tried, and utterly failed, to think of anything more eloquent to say, mostly because he was still pretty sure that she had not just called him perfect. He couldn't imagine what she might've said that he had misheard that, but it was the only thing that made sense. Because if she had said what he thought she'd said, that would mean she was flirting with him. And Verily would not flirt with him. They were friends. And she didn't want them to be more than that, because why would she? "Uh, the House-Elves come from my stepmom's family. They're some of those old society types. I guess my dad kinda was too, but I don't really think of him like that," he said finally, figuring that responding to what he knew she had said was a better idea than saying nothing like an idiot.

spaceHe managed a light snort as she mentioned her cousin. This would be the same cousin who'd sent Verily to the shop the day they'd met, who hadn't bothered to send her for anything more specific than 'fruit.' "I'm gonna have to meet this Grace someday, she sounds like a hoot," he told her with a shake of his head. "And the boyfriend'll eat anything? Hmph. I should invite them over for dinner." He'd almost added that it'd be like a double date, but that was probably a bad idea, given... well, given that he wasn't quite sure if it would be a joke or not. And that if it wasn't, that would probably freak her out. He made them both a plate and poured her a glass of the apple juice, offering a small grin. "Alright. Take a bite, then, if you're so brave," he said, holding out a chicken leg teasingly. He was acting a lot more flippant than he felt. Why did this feel important? It felt important. Which was stupid. It was just some damn chicken.

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:35 pm
User Image

User Image

A small bubble of laughter left her lips when he said he was useless with any plant that wasn't food and shook her head. "Opposite of a green thumb?" She asked. Although how he could grow produce, but not flowers was beyond her. They were practically the same thing, and nothing near as hard as magical plants. Although she supposed he probably wasn't very good with those either. As long as he was good with food though, she supposed he was fine. He was a grocer after all, not an herbologist.

At his reaction, she was positive he'd heard her. Her nervous smile was back and her hand had subconsciously grabbed a strand of hair to wrap around her finger yet again. She'd probably screwed this up hadn't she? Of course he didn't like her like that. She was being stupid to even fantasize about the idea of it actually being true. The fact still stood that he had looked at her in a way that most guys didn't though. She was sure there was some other explanation though. They were just friends. She pressed her lips together and put a smile on her face. All she could do was pretend she hadn't said that and that he hadn't heard her. He was doing it, so why not.
                                                        "I dunno, my aunt had a couple and she wasn't very high society. Just came from an old family. 'course she's dead and they moved out when Grace did. So I have to clean the whole old manor by myself." She shrugged, "Meaning 99% of the place is as messy as the day they left and twice as dusty."

A laugh slid from her lips, although it might have sounded just a tad bit forced. She was going to ignore that though. She was determined to have a good night, and she was going to shove her feelings away somewhere because there was no way in hell she was ruining another friendship. She'd done that enough for a life time. She was good at shoving her feelings deep down and locking them in anyways. It was a specialty of hers.

At his comment about meeting Grace she laughed and shook her head.
                                                        "Trust me when I say if you ever have the chance to meet her, be prepared for a tornado.... Not that its likely you'll meet her... she's... on a bit of a different time schedule." Ver shrugged yet again. It was the only non-revealing way she could think of stating that the girl was only up at night because the sun would kill her. At the comment of inviting them over for dinner too, her mind automatically flew to the idea of a double date. (Apparently her emotional lock was broken.) But of course that was dumb because this wasn't a date. He'd made that pretty clear she thought. Because if this was a date, he would have said.... something.... about her comment right? He wasn't that oblivious was he?

She was pulled from her rambling thoughts at the wave of a chicken leg in her face. She laughed, and this time it didn't sound forced, and swatted at his hand.
                                                        "Alright alright! Don't look so excited. It's just food." She grinned at him anyways, and took the chicken leg from him. She watched him, a smirk playing with the edges of her lips before she made it her duty to take the slowest and longest bite she could possibly take. She also made sure to chew for an excessively long time period, just to leave him hanging in even longer anticipation. Finally though, she was forced to swallow and then she grinned at him, because yes the chicken was about as amazing as he had hyped it up to be and British people apparently were missing out on the wonders of greasy fried American food. Not to mention she was now going to assume that Kenneth was an amazing cook and possibly even better than Gracie, who somehow had not lost her sense of cooking with her vampirism.

"It's fantastic Kenneth."

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:40 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceKenneth shrugged lightly. "Not opposite per say. I'm just not too good at makin' everything look nice, ya know? I can grow the flowers alright, but I'm not good at the pruning and the trimming and whatnot. Plus, I apparently lack... what is it Allison always said... 'good aesthetic judgement.' Apparently you can't plant certain flowers next to each other or they look weird. Who knew?" He rolled his eyes a bit, then felt guilty. He shouldn't be making fun of his stepmother. She'd been a wonderful woman, as close to a mother as he could've asked for after his own had died. She'd never once complained about having to go to America for the Summers, even though he'd been pretty sure she'd absolutely hated it in the States. Well, the joke was certainly on him; he'd not cared much more for England than she had for Tennessee, and yet here he was. It wasn't all bad, though. If he hadn't had to move here, he wouldn't have met Verily.

spaceHe tried to ignore the intense protest his mind made at that thought. He couldn't imagine not having met her... which was not something he needed to be thinking about right now, while he was trying to stave off these romantic inklings he was getting for her. They were friends, he reminded himself. Just. Friends. No matter how pretty she looked in that dress (he was staring again at this point) or how pretty she looked normally or how funny she was or how much he liked being around her or how good he could remember her tasting when she'd kissed him-

spaceAt that point, he had close his eyes and give his head a rather hard shake, because that was a path down which he absolutely could not allow his mind to travel. In fact, that kiss was a prime example of why he shouldn't be thinking about Verily like this. Her previous boyfriend had done a number on her, to say nothing of what the guy before him had done. And it did not matter if Kenneth thought that he wouldn't hurt her or screw her up because sometimes things just happened and relationships didn't work and he didn't want to ever be another guy who'd made her cry. The conversation, thankfully, gave him something else to focus on, because in spite of his best efforts, he couldn't seem to shake the feeling that this was a date, was determined to ignore the fact that he wished it were one. "Hmph, how bad is it over there? I'll lend you my two, Merlin knows they need somethin' to do," he told her with a grin. He didn't bother to ask why she was the only one cleaning a house when she wasn't the only one in it. From what he'd heard about her twin, he doubted very much if Elli were the sort to clean before she'd gotten pregnant, and now she should be right about ready to pop. And Mr. McHalen didn't really sound like the type, either. "Hell, gimme a day and the three of us'll come over. Ain't healthy to live in dust, you know. Allergies." Well, that hadn't sounded like a completely stupid thing to say. Especially to her, since she was a Healer and therefore all-too-aware of how unhealthy it was to constantly breathe in dust. Sheesh he was an idiot around girls... always had been. Pretty ones, anyway.

spaceKenneth decided not to bother asking about her cousin. He'd done so several times in the past, and she'd always seemed evasive about it, so he figured it was something of a sore spot for some reason. Maybe Grace was just really private or something, he didn't know. But, he wouldn't pry. Instead, he offered her an indignant look when she declared that the meal was 'just food.' "Uh-uh. Now, you listen here, Verily McHalen. There are few pleasures in life as simple and as amazing as good food. If anything I ever cook you is 'just food,' hang me," he told her, expression almost deathly serious, but with a bright light in his eyes. "I take pride in my cooking, I will have you know. If I die young, I want it to be because I cared more about my food tastin' good than bein' healthy." Kenneth was fairly certain he was destined for a somewhat-early grave, probably due to clogged arteries and too much salt. But, hell, at least he wouldn't have wasted all the time he was alive eating tasteless junk. Her declaration that it was 'fantastic' soothed his ego a bit, and he grinned. "Hm, you know, it ain't cooled down too much just yet. Maybe we should have a barbecue... 'course, usually you invite more than one person to a barbecue, an' I dunno who else I'd invite. Unless you wanna be in charge of the guest list... just don't invite your sister," he told her with a laugh. Not that he expected this to actually happen, since he thought they'd have a pretty difficult time finding someone to eat the food. He'd barely found one Brit that liked Southern cooking. Enough to warrant breaking out the grill was probably asking a bit much.

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:13 am
User Image

User Image

Ver was highly conscious of the fact that he was staring again. She was going to smack him if he kept doing that! He had no right to look at her like that, if he only wanted to be friends, because at this point she was pretty sure she'd made it pretty treeflipping obvious that she wanted more than that. She was fine with just friends though. Of course she was. He was too important to her, to not be fine with just friends. As his eyes slid closed, and he shook his head, she quickly rubbed her hands over her face, trying to erase the image of him looking at her like that. Because it just wasn't fair.

That look in his eyes made her go all stomach flippy and he didn't even want her like that! He shouldn't be allowed to look at her like that. It wasn't fair. He was too sweet and too perfect but damn if he kept looking at her like that she was going to scream. How dare he? And then he just went off on a conversation like he had just been checking her out. She was going to murder this boy.... or snog him. That wouldn't her point though.... or keep her feelings a secret. Although it would fun.... until it crashed and burned around them.

She dug her tooth into her lip as she watched him speak which definitely wasn't helping because now she was mesmerized by the way his lips were moving and that just had her thinking about kissing him even more, which really wasn't helping her case of they were totally just friends and she wanted nothing more. Who was she even trying to prove it too anyways? She obviously had failed rather badly at proving it to herself. She swallowed hard and shrugged.
                                                        "Its mostly just the rooms we don't use that are covered in a nice.... 2 years layer of dust. I do my best to keep the rooms we actually hang out in.... liveable."

"Elli makes it a pain though. Pregnancy has apparently turned her into a two year old." She gave him a dead panned look before slowly shaking her head and taking another bite of chicken. When she had finished chewing and swallowing she sighed. "She literally throws temper tantrums. She threw this vase across the room once. Grace was pissed. I honestly thought she might have killed her that moment." She shrugged. "Normally I'd say it was just a stupid vase and Gracie needed to calm down.... but it was apparently the vase that my uncle gave to my aunt the very first time he gave her flowers. She kept it all that time. And even now.... what happened to them..... even after all these years its still hard on Gracie."

She shrugged and a sad smile played out on her lips. She'd loved her uncle and aunt, but she hadn't been devastated by it like Grace had. Of course... she hadn't watched it happen either. She shrugged again. "Elli did apologize later, and Grace finally forgave her a couple weeks after it happened. But seriously... temper tantrums in a pregnant 18 year old are not pleasant to watch. " She shook her head, chuckling slightly.

She was distracted by his mention of a barbecue though. She raised an eyebrow at him, before bursting into laughter at the idea. Full blown, delirious laughter. It was a rare sight indeed. People rarely had the ability to truly make her laugh.
                                                        "How many Brits do you know who like your American food?" If his answer was anything beyond her and probably Gracie and Dominic she would be more than surprised.

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:04 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceKenneth was all-too aware of how obvious he'd been staring at her; she would have to've been blind not to notice. He found himself wishing that she'd say something, that she'd call him on it, if only because it would've been a reminder of why he wasn't supposed to be looking at her like that. Another part of him, the part he was trying oh, so hard to ignore, wished that she'd call him on it... and then tell him she didn't mind. But that wasn't going to happen, he knew. Even if she were interested in him, Verily wasn't the sort of girl to flirt with a guy like that. She was too shy, too quiet, too insecure. And anyway, she wasn't interested in him... right? Although, he had to admit, he had a hard time thinking of how he'd know if she were or not. Most girls blushed and stammered and seemed awkward around men when they were interested, and Verily was like that by default. He did notice that she seemed abnormally preoccupied with watching him speak... the American flushed faintly. She wasn't looking at his lips, was she? He realized he had absolutely no argument for why she wouldn't be, except that she was Verily and she just wasn't supposed to be interested in him. "I gotta say, I don't much care for the tone you used when you said 'livable,'" he told her, quirking an eyebrow. "Makes it sound like maybe you're not the only things livin' there." 'Livable' was a far cry from 'clean,' after all. Though, Verily didn't exactly have an easy job, so it might be a bit much to ask her to do much cleaning beyond that.

spaceHe was uncommonly thankful for the subject drifting towards her sister, if only because it meant she was bound to start ranting a bit (and sure enough, there she went) and it took the heat off of him over his not-so-subtle gawking. He frowned a bit, though, because it sounded like Elli was a bit out of control, even by pregnant standards. "Did y'all fix the vase?" he asked, hoping that someone had kept their cool enough to do so, because really, half the beauty of magic was being able to fix important things when they broke. "Not that the fact that you could excuses Elli for breakin' it, mind you, I just hate to think that your cousin lost something that was important to her." He could relate to that. When he'd been unpacking his things after moving here, he'd been completely panicked for a full week because he was completely positive he'd lost his mother's photo album and recipe book. Both of them had been put together by her. The album was filled with photos of the two of them when he'd been young, and it was about the only pictures of her that he had. They were the only moving photos of her in existence, actually, since all the others were owned by muggle family members. The recipe book was almost entirely hand-written, and filled with all her favorite foods. He'd learned to cook by that book... yeah, he could relate to being upset over the loss of something so sentimental. "How do potions affect pregnant women? I know that muggles can't take a lot of medicines and stuff 'cause it can hurt the baby, is it the same? If not, I'd be slippin' her some Calming Draughts in her afternoon tea," he said with a light snort.

spaceNothing could've prepared him for the way she reacted to his suggestion. He'd expected her to snicker a bit, not bust out like it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard. He tried to glare at her, but he couldn't keep the smile off his face. "Just you, so far. But that's why you're makin' the guest list, weren't you listenin'?" he replied with a laugh, shaking his head lightly. A pause, and then he got a dreamy sort of look in his eyes, and said, "You know, you're beautiful when you laugh. Should do it more." The words had no sooner left his lips, though, and he realized he'd screwed up. Of all the things that he was not supposed to do, acknowledging that he was attracted to her, out loud, was pretty much at the top of the list. The only thing worse he could've done was to just kiss her. He inhaled sharply, waiting for her to get flustered, annoyed, to tell him that he couldn't say things like that. That she didn't think of him that way. To be upset with him for crossing a line he wasn't supposed to cross... he'd screwed up, alright. He just hope she went easy on him. He had always had a bit of a problem with rejection. Namely, that he didn't know what to do with himself when a girl shut him down. He blushed, looking away and taking a sip from his glass just for an excuse to do something other than sit there and stew in the fact that he'd told her she was beautiful. Maybe she'd just take the compliment. Stranger things had happened, right? Except he was blushing like a fool and couldn't look her in the eyes, which was probably a pretty good indicator that his statement wasn't entirely a platonic, friendly compliment. God, if she hadn't figured it out from the obvious staring, there was no way she wouldn't now, and he'd opened his big mouth, so she couldn't just ignore it like he assumed she'd been doing up until that point. It would have to be acknowledged... s**t.

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:49 am
User Image

User Image

Verily's eyes rolled when he commented on her 'liveable' comment. "You try cleaning a manor with a crazy pregnant sister and a useless father." She said, sticking her tongue out at him. She was absolutely ignoring the way he flushed when noticed her staring and her own flush at being caught. Because they were just friends. He was making it damn hard to remember that factoid. If she didn't know better, she'd think he was trying to hide the fact that he liked her like that. But she did know better. He didn't, wouldn't, and couldn't like her like that because if he did he would have said something and he hadn't. Why she assumed he'd say something, she wasn't quite sure. Besides the fact that he knew her well enough to know she would never say anything.

"I fixed it the second it broke, but I think Grace was just mad that Elli would even think about throwing it, pregnant or not. To her it was like Elli was trashing her parent's memories." She shrugged. "Sometimes I think Grace doesn't realize we all miss them, not just her.... but she's been through a lot..... and Elli is absolutely crazy." She snorted quietly at the end of her sentence, because by now crazy was an understatement. Elli was crazy on a normal basis, let alone pregnant and angry crazy. Ver would say she felt bad for Cam.... except it was his fault. "I don't think potions would hurt the baby, but it doesn't really matter by now anyways. The baby is due any day now. I'm pretty sure I heard her screaming at me that if I 'miss the birth of her child for this dinner she'd kill me'.....That's how soon she's due."

She was about to continue on about Elli when she heard what had just come out of his mouth and the way he was looking at her in this dreamy sort of way. She blinked a couple times, staring at him in downright shock. Only seconds later he seemed to realize what he'd said and was blushing and would meet her eye. She licked her lips slowly, and then a frown had formed on her lips and then she was glaring at him outright.
                                                        "Kenneth Holt! You listen to me and you listen to me right now! You.... You Egg!" She shouted, throwing her hands up in the air in the most exasperated way she could pull off. "You are not allowed to do these things! You can't keep staring at me with that damned look in your eyes and you can't call me beautiful! It isn't fair! You're the one that wants to just be friends! Not me! If I had it my way we'd be snogging by now but I don't. You want to be friends and I'm fine with being friends but not if you keep doing things like that!"She looked away from him now, rubbing her face with her hands. She was near tears, because she hadn't wanted to scream all of that him. Very romantic right? Screaming your love confession in a fit of rage. It was his fault though. He didn't want her like that but he kept looking at her and saying things like he did. She knew better though, and now he'd know to just not do that. It'd make it easier on her. Because she didn't want to lose his friendship, and she was already terrified she would just by telling him she wanted more, let alone what she'd have done if he kept doing stupid potatoheaded things like he had been doing. She stared off out over the garden furiously. She wasn't sure if she was mad at him or herself though.

"I'm sorry." She finally whispered. "I know I shouldn't want you like that, that I shouldn't like you, but I can't help it Kenneth, and you're making it really hard to just be friends with you. I don't want to lose your friendship, and you don't want more.... so please just don't.... don't make it so hard on me."

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out