Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Lassy's Penthouse Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:02 am
xxx× × ×xxxL O V E L LxxF A M I L YxxH O M Exxx× × ×xxx

User Image

Located in LONDON, ENGLAND

User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:03 am
xxxx× × ×xxxxRESIDENTSxxxx× × ×xxxx

xxxLESLIE ALEXANDER LOVELLxxx
Homeowner
Tassy's Boyfriend :: Ridley's Father

xxxNASTASSIA ANNAG ELLISxxx
Leslie's Girlfriend :: Ridley's Surrogate Mother

xxxRIDLEY MONA LOVELLxxx
Leslie's Daughter

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:04 am
xxx× × ×xL O V E L LxxxH O M ExxxI N F O R M A T I O Nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxT H ExxxH O M Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              × Connected to the Floo Network: Floo Address is 'Lovell Penthouse'
              × Another remodel was recently done on the house, this time to accommodate the addition of Tassy.
              × Unlike the previous remodel, this was a top to bottom update, in the interest of making Tassy feel that it was their shared space, rather than his that she was intruding on.
              × Probably unnecessary, but Les insisted.

xxxT H ExxxP E T Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              × Les has an owl named Thomas
              × Tassy has a cat named Kiki

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:22 pm
xxxc н e l lxxx
loreleι тownѕend'ѕ owl

User Image User Image

xxxxxxclιcĸ cнell ғor reply мaιlxxxxxx

xxxтownѕend нoмe xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ѕlyтнerιn тaвlexxx

spaceChell was very, very excited to be making her first ever trip since she had been purchased. The owl was on the small side, and the letter was very, very heavy (must be a long one), but she made up for her lack of size with enthusiasm. Besides, it was nice to stretch her wings and hunt. She had two trips to make, one to her owner's home, and one to the girl's elder half-brother. She was delivering the letter to the half-brother first, as per Lorelei's instructions, since he would not require her to reply; he had an owl of his own. The small bird flew into a window, which had been left open for exactly this reason, and hooted cheerily to announce her presence, immediately lifting a leg so that whoever was inside the flat could take the letter addressed to Leslie and she could start on the second leg of her journey.

Lorelei Towsend
Brother,

I am writing to you mostly because I'm not entirely certain who else I would write to with the questions I have. I could ask a professor, certainly, but I can't help but think I am unlikely to get the answers I seek from them. I am not sure any of them will understand the issue I am having since arriving at Hogwarts. Quite obviously I cannot ask my parents, or our father, given that none of them have any experience with magic, outside of Lindsay's experience with you. He has mentioned that you and I share a certain way of thinking, and so I assume (hope) that perhaps you had similar problems in the first days of your magical education, and can help me to overcome them.

I am mostly having trouble... I suppose understanding? how exactly it is that magic is supposed to work. That is an oversimplification, but, I am sure you are smart enough to know what I mean. It seems as though the professors, and my classmates, for the most part, are quite happy to accept 'magic' as the answer to how precisely things work. Unfortunately, for someone who is inexperienced with magic and did not grow up around it, this has proven only to make it more difficult for me to understand. I do not wish to sound as though I am complaining, but it is quite frustrating to ask how something works and be given what, to me, is a non-answer. I need a better understanding of what I am supposed to be doing before I can do it.

Potions and Transfiguration have not been as difficult, as the first has a step-by-step process to follow and the second has a mathematical formula. But, I am still plagued by questions. For instance, why do the ingredients in the potions produce the reactions they do? Is it like chemistry? Would looking it at it from a chemist-minded perspective help me comprehend what I am doing? And the formula for Transfiguration, while helpful, is problematic. It attempts to assign specific value to subjective information, such as willpower and the like, and does not explain how one is expected to measure these components to produce a successful spell.

Still, this is far better than, say, Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts. I have only attended one lesson for each, but the lack of information on how spells are produced is incredibly frustrating. I was eventually successful at my attempts in both, but I do not understand why it worked those times when it did not at first, and attempts at duplicating the attempt have been hit-or-miss at best. I also managed to injure myself in Flying class; after several unsuccessful attempts to... summon? the school broomstick, it very suddenly rose up and hit me smack in the forehead, which was very frustrating.

I feel as though I am doing more ranting than I am asking for actual help; my apologies. But, I am sure you have managed to grasp the question I am asking. I was wondering if you could explain to me what exactly I am supposed to be doing when I perform magic? If you cannot answer easily, pointing me in the direction of resources that may help would be equally helpful, provided the volumes are available in the school's library. If not, I will write to let you know, perhaps you could reach out to Lindsay and ask if he would be willing to pay for the books so that you could send them to me. I am not holding out much hope on that front, but I am not sure how easily you could get in contact with my parents. My dad would be more than happy to provide you with the money necessary if you were able to ask him, I'm sure. He wants me to succeed very badly.

I appreciate any and all help in this matter and look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Lorelei

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:24 pm
User Image
Just shoot for the stars if it feels right
And aim for my heart if you feel like it
Take me away and make it okay
I swear I'll behave

User Image

User Image Single | Worker at Lilting Lyre/Performer | Musical Artisan

Tassy was sitting at the kitchen bar flipping the pages of a baby magazine while chewing some apple slices she stole from the fridge. It seemed like every other day her friend was coming by, calling, or texting her ideas or concerns about the coming arrival of his baby that she had just decided to get an armful of these mummy and baby magazines she passed by at the grocery store. A few were a bit...fluffy was the nicest word she could think of. Seriously, who did these women think they were kidding? It's one thing to mess up your own kid's lives with your atrocious parenting, it's another to ruin another's. Mainly she just looked decorating ideas for the nursery, even though she still had no idea what gender the little bundle of oops was. Still, they had to have at least a guideline or a draft for both genders or at the very least just make one that's neutral.

She had just stared at one that literally had the ugliest shade of yellow she had no idea even existed when a tiny owl came barreling in through the window and began hooting. Standing, she went over to the owl and cooed at the adorable thing and scratched the top of its tiny head before noticing the letter tied to it. A better friend would take it, put it on the counter, and yell for Les to say he had mail. But being the true friend that she was, Tassy took the letter and quickly ran to find Thomas' treats and gave the owl a few of those before opening the letter. Immediately her mouth flew open just from the first word on the paper. "Brother." That sonofahorse'sarse had a sibling and "conveniently" forgot to tell her?! And from the name at the bottom it was a girl! He had a sister! She kept reading finding important things jumping up at her, primarily that she's younger, way young by her writing, she's still at school, and that she was raised primarily muggle or at least halfblood. Her questions about magic and how it works made her chuckle a bit. She was certainly related to Les, she seemed proper even in the way she wrote a letter! When she got to the end of the letter (Lorelei, cute name but what the hell was up with all these "L" names?!) she paused for all of three seconds before she yelled out for her friend. "LES! BRING YOUR BALD ARSE IN HERE AND EXPLAIN TO ME WHY I'M JUST NOW FINDING OUT YOUR FATHER CAN'T RUDDY USE A RUBBER."

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

You wanted control so we waited
I put on a show now we're naked
You say I'm a kid my ego is big
I don't give a s**t and it goes like this
[Wearing: Wearing] [Where: Les' Flat] [With: Les] [Feeling: Surprised is just the tip of it] [Thinking: That secretive sonofabitch]

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:16 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ѕιηgƖєιѕн
                                                          Looking Composed at Home with Tassy
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Exasperated
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Oh, for the love of-! ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Ɗση'т нανє тσ вє ѕσ є x c ι т ι η g ♟ ♙ ♟xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Jυѕт тяуιηg тσ gєт муѕєƖf α Ɩ ι т т Ɩ є в ι т σf fυη ♟ ♙ ♟xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Ƴσυ αƖωαуѕ Ɩσσк ѕ σ ι η ν ι т ι η g ♟ ♙ ♟xxxxxx
                                                          Ƴσυ αιη'т αѕ g я є є η αѕ уσυ αяє у σ υ η g ♟ ♙ ♟xxx
                                                          ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLes frowned when he heard Tassy's shout from the kitchen; the Slytherin's brow furrowed, trying to figure out what exactly the woman was on about this time as he grabbed dug through his desk for the paperwork he needed. What the hell did she mean about his father not using... It took him longer than he cared to admit to figure out she must've been talking about Lori. Though, that begged the question, why was she talking about Lori? He frowned as he stepped into the room, brow wrinkled in confusion. "Just now finding out?" he asked, and then realized... He didn't think he'd told her about the girl. Ugh, brilliant. This whole baby thing had him losing his ruddy mind. That was the only explanation for why he hadn't told her about his half-sister. Lord knows that when he'd found out about it, he'd been furious... in no small part because his dad had been such an arse about his own situation. Of course, when Les had confronted the old man, he'd insisted that the difference in how they'd handled the situation spoke volumes about Les' incompetence. "You never even knew you had a sister, that's how you handle things like this properly," he'd said. Les had never wanted so very badly to commit a murder. He'd very nearly called Chalmes' sister to see if she would be opposed to him selling her his ruddy soul just to help him off the b*****d.

space"I didn't know about her until a few months ago," he told her as he sat down, still frowning. "After the stuff with the baby started. Guess I was too busy worrying about my own little b*****d to rant to you about his." Les noticed the letter in his hand, and assumed this was how she'd found out about Lori. He grabbed it from her, expression confused. "Wait, she wrote me? Why'd she write me?" he asked, not really expecting an answer, even though he knew Tassy'd be able to give him one; he didn't doubt for a second that she'd read the thing before screaming at him. He skimmed it, making a mental note that he should reply as quickly as possible, since it seemed like she was somewhat overwhelmed. He was already compiling a list of resources to recommend to her, and forming a response to her question.

spaceHowever, he did figure it could wait at least a few hours. He had other concerns at the moment. Though, Tassy'd want an explanation, so he should probably give her that. "Product of one of his affairs," he answered coolly, stealing an apple slice from the dark-skinned woman's hands. "She's a first year at Hogwarts... that's the only reason they told me about her. Lindsay was trying to meddle in her business and her parents, mother and stepfather, wanted to know how he knew so much. Eventually he came clean and admitted I was magic to the couple. They wanted to put her in touch with me. Reasoned that I'd be more help to her than our father would... Smart decision." He rolled his eyes. Les had actually liked his sister's stepfather a great deal; he was honestly jealous of the girl, just a little. Her mother wasn't anything exceptional, but Emerson clearly cared about her like she was his own. Les didn't doubt Lori's assertion that he 'wanted her to succeed' for an instant... Which was more than he could say for his own father. Lucky girl, for sure.

spaceWhich, that just reminded him of why Tassy was over in the first place; he'd been waiting a week for her to have time to come by for this particular moment. Namely because, and he'd admit it, he was completely terrified, and didn't want to do this alone. He was still furious that Francesca had gone do the doctor behind his back (it was coming up in court, for certain). It'd been one of her many little revenges for his not marrying her and going with her little scheme. She was still ranting and raving over his suing for custody. If she'd initially faked the paternity test somehow, paid off the right people to say he was the bio-dad (and it was still a popular theory, both among his friends and the muggle circles they both ran in), she was going to regret it. His being the father meant that he had the right to take the baby from her, and he was certainly going to. However, that didn't mean he was even remotely prepared for fatherhood, despite his best efforts to work towards that goal. Nothing had confirmed that fact so well as his being completely and utterly terrified to open the envelop presently in his hand; it had the latest sonograms of the baby. More to the point... it had a letter attached that would confirm the baby's gender. Les cleared his throat, setting down the letter from his sister and gesturing to the envelop. "So, uh... This, um. This'll tell us... uh. If it's a boy or a girl," he told Tassy, swallowing hard. Dear lord, what was he supposed to do, either way? He wasn't sure which scenario was worse, it being a boy and him having to fight accidentally treating the boy the way his father had treated him, or it being a girl and... well, that was the thing, wasn't it? At least with a boy he had some idea of what not to do; the main trouble would be catching himself doing exactly that. But a girl... he had no clue. Were his hands shaking? Dammit, his hands were shaking. ********. He needed a drink... except he had to stop that. Because he had a kid. A baby. And he was about to find out if it were a boy or a girl. He stared at Tassy like he was lost. Open the damn envelop, he told himself, but he couldn't get his hands to cooperate.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx♟ ♙ ♟ Hυят ѕσ gσσɗ, c ' м σ η в α в у , ησω
                                                          xxxxxx♟ ♙ ♟ Ƈ'мση вαву мαкє ιт н υ я т ѕ σ g σ σ ɗ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx♟ ♙ ♟ Sσмєтιмєѕ Ɩ σ ν є ɗση'т f є є Ɩ Ɩιкє ιт ѕ н σ υ Ɩ ɗ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx♟ ♙ ♟ Ƴσυ мαкє ιт н υ я т ѕ σ g σ σ ɗ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:29 pm
User Image
I swear I'll behave

User Image

Tassy narrowed her eyes as Les came out and asked that she was just now find out about his sibling and wondered how many years she could get at Holloway if she pleaded insanity after throwing him out a window. "That better be a rhetorical question or you'll find my foot in your arse." she told him with a scowl with no little satisfaction as seeing him finally understand that, no, he had not informed her of his other family. The putz. She waited for him to sit and start explaining starting with the reason she wasn't told saying it was because it was around the time the baby stuff happened so he had a pretty good excuse, lucky him. Then he stopped noticing the letter and asked about it grabbing it and reading it himself while she just smirked. "I generally don't like to compliment your genes but she's certainly a smart one. And she even has the same uptight speech as you do!" she said with a chuckle taking a seat besides him and grabbing another slice of her apple.

Finally he decided her worthy of an explanation, after stealing her apple straight from her hand (b***h), and she just blinked at how coolly he said it. She knew Les couldn't stand his father but really he better not be taking it out on an innocent girl. Thankfully it seemed most of his annoyance was put off onto his father who decided to muddle into the younger girl's affairs since it was discovered that she was magical like his son. Goddess, she really couldn't wait until that guy kicked the bucket and tripped straight into hell. When he said that his sister's parents had put her in touch with him because he shared her heritage she was just the tiniest bit proud that he would offer himself as such. It probably had more to do with the fact that he felt for his new sister than anything but still. Other men would've just walked away. "Well good on you for keeping in touch with her. Poor thing probably feels like she's been dropped from a pond into the ocean." Tassy shaking her head slightly. She supposed this was one of the few times she was thankful she had been born a pureblood, although fat lot of good it did her in the long run.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Les clearing his throat and gesturing towards an envelope she hadn't noticed before in his hands and stammering-actually stammering!-that it would tell them if it was a boy or girl. For a split second she was confused since they had just been talking about sisters and deadbeat dads but then when she remembered her mouth flew open and her eyes widened as she took it in. Well at least she tried to take it in, her friends nervous fidgeting and shaking hands weren't exactly helping. Tassy knew this was important to him and to all of them but damn, he was acting like he was about to be pushed from a ruddy plane. At his lost stare she knew she had to do something before he did or said something royally stupid like he was prone to do. So she stood with a soft sigh and got closer to him going in between his parted legs and grabbed his face with both of her hands, brought him close, then flicked him in between the eyes. Not hard hard but enough to catch his attention. "First, calm down. I'm betting you;re imagining about a thousand and one different scenarios and I'm going to need you to stop. You're going to be a great parent regardless what gender the baby is. Second, I'm really going to need you to remember who you have in your corner. You've got your husband Chalmes, amazing me, the wonder couple, enough people that you shouldn't be having a small nervous break just from finding out whether it's a little prince or princess. Now let's see which design we can finalize for the nursery so I can finally burn that Legba-awful pee yellow one." Tassy shot an ugly look towards the yellow nursery as if it had personally affronted her, which it sort of did. Whoever decided that shade of yellow was legal should be shot by the Royal Guard.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

[Wearing: Wearing] [Where: Les' Flat] [With: Les] [Feeling: Surprised is just the tip of it] [Thinking: That secretive sonofabitch]

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:22 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ѕιηgƖєιѕн
                                                          Looking Composed at Home with Tassy
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Exasperated
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Oh, for the love of-! ❞

spaceLes rolled his eyes at Tassy's comment on his 'genes', electing to take it as an insult to his father and not himself, given that the old man was in fact the source of the shared genetics between him and his sister. "She was raised in almost the same sort of world," he said with a shrug. "Just a couple rungs down the ladder. Her stepfather is on the board for some company or another... Mother came from money. Not money like my mum did, but, they were certainly above middle-class. She went to college and did a couple internships afterwards, did some 'volunteer work' that was just an excuse to go to a foreign country and spend money on authentic knick-knacks with history behind them she couldn't be bothered to learn." He scoffed at this, ever so slightly annoyed. He didn't have much patience for women like Lori's mother, really. She was better than Francesca, for certain, but it didn't mean she was all that great of a person. "Emerson, though... the stepdad. He's a good guy. Certainly a better father to her than our mutual relation was to me. I did some digging when I found out about her... the man's about as clean a guy as you can find in those circles, which is saying something. So he's either really good at playing the game, or honestly just a stand-up guy. Having met him, my money's on the latter," he told her, actually smiling a little, a fond sort of light in his eyes. Well, she was his sister, after all. It'd be pretty shitty of him to not care what sort of person she was being raised by. Even if their relationship was strictly blood.

spaceHe was honestly a little offended that Tassy felt the need to comment on his helping the girl out, though. He knew he wasn't he best person in the world, could be as sleazy and underhanded as the worst of them if it came down to it, but Lori was an eleven year old girl, and had the rather horrible misfortune to be the daughter of Lindsay Lovell. It'd be a sin not to do whatever he could to help her out. "What was I supposed to do, leave her to Lindsay's tender mercies?" he asked, shaking his head and shuddering ever so slightly. "No chance. Knowing him, he'd try to milk her for all she was worth, which could end up being a considerable amount. He's still furious I won't use my magic to help him with the company. Says it should be our 'advantage.' But, his morals are nonexistent. He probably wouldn't think twice about suddenly being the dad he always should have been just to worm his way under her skin and use her." The very idea of it made Les' skin crawl; he knew his upbringing had been pretty ******** up. His father forcing him to study muggle business practices and law over the Summers, all while he read through Les' schoolbooks to try and understand how magic worked. For a while, Lindsay had thought he must possess some sort of latent ability as well, and that if he tried hard enough he could tap into it. He'd given up eventually, and after that had only gotten harder on his son, because if he couldn't find a way to use his own magic to manipulate his business to his benefit, he'd make Leslie do it. Unfortunately for him, Les had also inherited his stubborn nature, and had never really liked his father all that much. He'd fought against being his father's pawn; the only reason he had the position he did was because, honestly, he was good at the job, and aside from Lindsay, he didn't mind doing it. Eventually his father would either retire or die, and he'd be running the place. He was looking forward to that day... Now there was the worry that he'd attempt to use Lorelei the same way. Les had already decided that wasn't happening; if he had his way, she'd never see Lindsay Lovell as anything more than the sleazy b*****d he was.

spaceThe change of focus, moving from Lori and her letter to the one from Francesca's doctor and lawyer (she was refusing to speak to him, which suited him just fine), made him unfathomably nervous. He finally managed to still his hands, but his knee started bouncing up and down in its place. Merlin, when had he lost control of his reactions like that? He was usually so good at keeping up the illusion of not caring. But, he was in his own home, with Tassy, and this was positively terrifying... He decided to forgive himself for this particular lapse. He did manage a small smirk in her direction. "Husband? Funny, I don't recall tying the knot in recent memory... And I certainly haven't gotten drunk enough to miss a detail like that any time in the past months." It wasn't the first joke Tassy had made at his and Chalmes' expense, nor would it be the last... Nor was she the only one making them. He'd long since learned to just roll with the punch and let them have their fun. And it did help to distract him ever so slightly. As did her comment on the nursery. There was something weirdly satisfying about hearing her talk about it like that. Particularly the use of the word 'we'. He was finding it harder and harder to ignore that, much to his annoyance. Right now, though, it was welcome. He wasn't alone in this, at the very least, even if she didn't mean 'we' in any way that made sense of how it made him feel. "I dunno why you hadn't already burned it, since it was never an option... I got a migraine just looking at it. I'm fairly certain a color like that would drive an infant mad... Poor kid's already halfway there based on genetics alone, I'd like to minimize the things that'll actively force him or her towards insanity."

spaceAs he said 'him or her,' he started fiddling with the envelop again. Finally, he took a deep breath, opened it, and pulled out the papers inside. Obviously, the first thing he noticed was the sonograms, little computer-generated images of the baby. His baby. His stomach did a weird flip at that. After a long moment, he handed the pictures off to Tassy for her to coo over while he read the letter. Or, rather, read the important part; he'd barely glanced at the page before his eyes landed on the word 'girl.' He swallowed again, then glanced over at the sonogram now in Tassy's hand; daughter, those were pictures of his daughter. "It's a girl," he said quietly, suddenly feeling like he was drowning. Dear lord, he had a daughter. What the hell was he supposed to ******** do? Fuuuuuuck.

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:30 am
User Image
I swear I'll behave

User Image

Tassy made a face as her friend gave detail over his sister's living situation which seemed similar to his from what she was hearing, better in her opinion. Maybe by being in the outer rings she wouldn't have to put up with the snobby prissy britches he had to. She did snicker a bit as his description of her mother hearing that he wasn't too fond of the other woman and wondered what the main reason could be. It probably wasn't something trivial like the fact that she had a fling with his father, that would probably garner his sympathy more than anything, so she had to be a piece of work to gain Les' ire. But the way he talked about the stepfather, she almost felt bad for how much his admiration shone in his words. He was probably wishing he had had a father like that growing up and she didn't blame him. His father could barely be called a father, he could barely be called a sperm donor because even that took a modicum of effort. "That's good then, at least she's being raised right." she said with a small grin. When he responded to her comment on helping with his sister she just rolled her eyes at first sensing she had unintentionally offended him (so it was just another Tuesday) before scowling as he explained how is poor excuse of a father would have treated her. "I've never really thought this about anyone before, but really Les, your father should do the world a favor and just slip on into hell already." Tassy said shaking her head. It really shouldn't be so surprising to hear that about him but it still was. Her Da was crazy at times (read, "all the time") but he was loving, compassionate, and always there for her and her siblings. And Chalmes could say whatever about Gearvin Whitethorne but the fact was he was a damn better dad that this piece of s**t. Ugh, it pissed it off to no extent that people like that were allowed to reproduce!

Luckily the subject was changed from that to the letter still firmly grasped unopened in his hands and now to add insult, his knee was bouncing around like he just ate a quart of sugar. He really needed to either calm the ******** down or at least let her open the letter because she was damn well ready for it. His comment about her small quip on being married to Chalmes did seem to calm him down a bit though much to her amusement. "I'm firm in the belief that you two are just common law married at this point." Tassy responded with a small wave of her hand. Mentioning that horrid yellow nursery again, she wholeheartedly agreed that she should have burned it from the get go and that it would drive the poor little babe insane or at the very least they wouldn't be potty trained until they were nearly in preschool. "I only kept it because I wanted to make a rough sketch of the way they had the nursery arranged but I never got around to it because every time I looked at it I'd either go temporarily blind or have to pee really really badly." she told him with a slight shudder.

Finally the time had come for Les to actually open the damned letter and she waited rather impatiently for him to read aloud its contents. Thankfully he gave her the sonogram to keep her busy and she happily drunk in the sight of the little baby. She was practically bouncing in place by the time he finally decided to end her torment and announce that they were having a girl. He! He was having the girl. But that didn't stop her large grin as she returned back to the sonograms with new eyes. A little girl..."This is going to be so great! I can already envision all the tea parties you'll be asked to sit in." Tassy told him hoping to smack him back out of it before she had to actually smack him. All his complaints about her being violent and he's the one that ruddy causes it!

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

[Wearing: Wearing] [Where: Les' Flat] [With: Les] [Feeling: Surprised excited] [Thinking: It's a girl!!!]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:39 pm
User Image
I swear I'll behave

User Image

Tassy was super excited. Past super excited, super mega excited. She had been vibrating so much in anxious excitement in her car that it had bounced more than usual riding up the street. She couldn't help her happiness, when she had first gotten the text that the baby had arrived she had wanted to go to the hospital that moment but knew she would pretty much just be in the way. So she waited, impatiently she might add, for any notice from Les that it was ok/safe to go to his place to see the newest addition to their messed up family. The messed up family being herself, Chalmes, Chance, and Les of course. Not her and Les. Just...no. However her excitement was also her downfall since while still in a new baby frenzy her mother had called her for her bi-monthly update and she had foolishly stated that her friend's daughter had just been born and the morning after as she was getting ready for work, two owls carrying a large package were tapping impatiently at her front door. Apparently her mother had seen fit to purchase a new parent care package consisting of disposable and non-disposable nappies, bottles, pacifies, blankets, and a "You're Not Alone - A Single Parent's Guide" baby book. She didn't know whether to be amused or concerned that there was such a book and such a need for such a book.

Still, it was rather nice of her mother-meddlesome beyond belief but nice-so she brought it with her along with a thermos and some coffee, mainly as a joke gift about staying up late with his new baby but also because she stole his own quite a while ago and made an internal promise to make it up to him. Tassy walked quickly through the lobby of the building managed to snag an almost closing elevator to her friend's floor and didn't even bat an eyelash to p***k looking at her arse (although she did enjoy tripping him on his way out) and practically dashed to his door and was about to pound on it when she remembered that there was newborn baby in there who might be sleeping. So she tentatively knocked on the door while simultaneously texting Les to open the door. Multitasking!

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

[Wearing: Wearing] [Where: Les' Flat] [With: Les] [Feeling: Surprised excited] [Thinking: She's finally here!!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:00 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ѕιηgƖєιѕн
                                                          Looking Worn at Home with Tassy
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Exhausted
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ She's asleep, thank GOD she's asleep. ❞

spaceLes wanted to scream when he heard the knock on the door, and his phone go off a second later; bloody hell, he'd literally just sat down! But, after a second, his brain caught up to him, and he realized who was probably at his door. That smoothed over the annoyance, just a little. Anyway, he didn't think he could be blamed for being annoyed. After what he'd gone through over the past forty-eight hours, he thought he'd earned a second or two off his feet. Especially considering since he was pretty sure that was all he was going to get for the next... oh, seventeen years, give or take. He sighed as he stood, supposing that wasn't entirely true; she'd probably be magical, which would mean she'd be off to Hogwarts at eleven. And if she wasn't... well, she still had to go to school. Unless he home-schooled. God, he needed to figure that one out, didn't he? s**t.

spaceWhen he answered the door for Tassy, he tried a smile, but it didn't quite work. He was too tired for that; the muscles in his face simply didn't want to do it. He stepped aside to give her room to come in, gesturing. "If you want something, you can get it yourself. I'm taking advantage of the last bit of peace I'm going to get for a good long while," he told her, only half-joking. Still, he did manage a sarcastic sort of chuckle. As soon as she was inside, he was back to the couch, collapsing onto it like he'd been weightless and very suddenly acquired mass. His head fell back on the back of the couch, and he let out a long groan. "She's in the nursery. Asleep. Finally. Seems like it took forever. It shouldn't have taken forever; she should've been at least half as tired as I am. Then again, she got to rest for a bit while I took care of the last of... everything."

spaceThe entire situation at the hospital had been weird. He couldn't be in the room for the birth because Francesca (who he was adamantly refusing to refer to as 'her mother') hadn't wanted him there; but, as soon as Ridley had been born, he didn't think the woman had been allowed to so much as look at her, really. The custody arrangement had been finalized a little over a week prior; Les had wanted it over with before the baby had been born so that there wasn't any risk of her being placed in some sort of limbo while the pair of them fought it out. Of course, the entire thing had been nothing but a joke for the last couple of months. The decision had been made; it'd just been a matter of forcing Francesca to accept that and stop trying to come at him with her lawyers. She'd been fighting for full custody, then partial, and then for visitation rights... He wouldn't allow her any of it. But she'd fought tooth and nail, why he didn't know. After she lost partial custody, it wasn't like he would have owed her any child support. Honestly, he thought she might've kept on because she was a vindictive b***h. Sounded about right. But, she'd lost out, to the point that she wouldn't have the ability to see Ridley until either he allowed it, which would be never, or Ridley was old enough to make the decision that she wanted to meet the woman. He was sort of hoping that wouldn't happen, but it wasn't like he'd be able to control the girl when she hit her teens, if he had the ability beforehand. Which he doubted.

spaceThe Slytherin swore he could feel what little energy he had leeching out of him, like it was being sucked into the universe. He finally looked at Tassy, wondering if he looked half as tired as he felt. "Ridley Mona Lovell. Remind me again who the ******** thought it was a good idea to let me be a dad?" he asked, half bitter and half amazed. He kept waiting to stop being bewildered by the entire situation; it should've started making sense by now. But it didn't. Even holding her at the hospital... Now that had been weird. Holding his daughter... He had a daughter. The actual ********. Weirder still was that he hadn't thought he'd be one of those 'suddenly loves the baby the second he holds her' types, but apparently he was. There had been something weirdly... comforting about it. And simultaneously terrifying. Very unsettling. He shook his head. "You can go see her if you want, but please for the love of God don't wake her up," he said, head falling back again. "I'd join you, but, I just managed to tear myself away. I need a bloody nap... which I'm well aware I'm never going to get again, thanks, so please don't point it out." Les was at least glad that he'd had the presence of mind, and the energy, to cast a muffling charm on her room. With the exception of just outside her room in the hallway, nothing that happened in the rest of the flat should be audible to her. He mentally thanked Ada and Chris for that bit of advice; though, it didn't work quite as well for them, since Chris' genetics made the twin's hearing slightly above average. Apparently it was still helpful, though, since the couple had been quite adamant about it. He'd been worried about hearing her cry, but Ada said that the baby monitors would still work just fine, so long as he didn't use too much more magic in the apartment. Which, he didn't, generally. He was more than used to living like a muggle, after all.

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:46 pm
User Image
I swear I'll behave

User Image

Tassy made a face at the attempt of a smile Les gave her as she stepped into his flat and just snorted at his comment. Really, like she ate him out of house and home or something. "Surprisingly enough I come bearing gifts. I might've let it slip to my mum about your predicament, not everything just the clueless single father bit, and she decided to send you a little care package. Oh, and I got you a new thermos to replace the one I might've stolen and never returned and some coffee for your late nights to come." she explained with a small smirk pushing the medium sized box into his lap and placing the thermos and coffee grounds on top. The musician winced as he avoided talking about all the legal hoops he had probably had to jump through these last few months and she was pretty sure it had been more than awkward to be at the hospital watching the woman who essentially tried to ruin his life give birth to his child. It was probably a good reason she hadn't been invited to the hospital, who knows the charge of punching a woman who recently gave birth in the face.

She watched his head flop on the back of the couch and in the same breath tell her the baby's name and ask who's idea it was to make him a father. "First, I applaud you for stepping away from that weird 'L' first name tradition your family has going on. Second, that would be Legba, the actual creator of life. That said, he has been known to have a rather twisted sense of humor." Tassy said with a chuckle at her own bad joke. The moment he gave his ok for her to go and see the newest addition she grinned brightly and ran to the nursery they had finished decorating just weeks ago and gently opened the door to peer in filled with just the tiniest hints of pride at the pink walls and purple flowers and petals decorating them. She walked into the room and looked in the veiled crib and gave a soft aww at the tiny babe nestled within it. The baby was so cute and small all she wanted to do was snatch her up, hold her, and see if she had that new baby powdery smell that her nephews once had. But seeing how haggard her friend after apparently just settling her down, she resisted and made a steady quiet retreat from the bedroom back to the living room to join her friend on his couch.

She lightly bounced as she took a seat besides him taking in his appearance with no hidden mirth. It took his life being turned literally upside down for him to actually where one of her freaking t-shirts? Legba's sake she had been steadily integrating his wardrobe and trying to make him at least appear less stuffy (she's learned there was absolutely nothing she could do for his personality) and only now was she seeing her results. It was so unfair. Deciding not to actually start in on the unfairness of it all she decided to instead speak her opinion about his little life form. "She's so adorable! I do not envy you when she reaches puberty. Which isn't for a long long time so don't start getting antsy mister 'I need to baby proof everything from the ceiling down'." Tassy told him with a look thinking back to his last craze. Really, how exactly was a newborn supposed to get onto the counter and into the cupboard? The worst thing about the baby phase from what she's experienced so far with her nephews was keeping everything out of their sticky little hands and their gummy wet mouths. But she supposed he knew that, which might explain his going overboard. A sudden thought popped in her head that she never really asked before when they had been getting ready for the little princess' arrival. "So did you take the normal length for paternity leave or are you going to go back to work in a week and hire a hot young nanny?" she told him with a smirk and slight waggle of her eyebrows. She also ignored the niggling in the back of her mind asking why the nanny had to be young and hot and not an old decrepit grandmother type. Totally not the right time, the right time being never.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

[Wearing: Wearing] [Where: Les' Flat] [With: Les] [Feeling: Surprised excited] [Thinking: Fekking adorable!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:07 pm
User Image
I swear I'll behave

User Image

Tassy liked to believe that since moving to London, getting a semi-permanent job, having coitus on a semi-regular basis, and babysitting an infant (sometimes infants since her brother liked to randomly drop London in her lap when he and Cyd were doing the horizontal ho-down) that she had developed a good and decent level of patience. However this new-found patience was becoming testing as she stared at the tiny babe who while not crying was actively fighting the nap she so desperately needed. They were both positioned on the couch, one laying on a blanket the other staring down at her but both were engaged in a battle of wills. Ridley was usually a pretty tame baby so for her to be as fussy as she was today was a little startling and worrying. She placed a hand over the baby's forehead and cheek noting she didn't feel any warmer and she had read the baby book enough to know that it was still another few months before she would begin teething and it definitely wasn't colic, so what else was there? "You know it's going to be a godsend when you can finally string sentences together." she told her plainly lightly tapping her tiny nose smirking as the baby scrunched up her face in what seemed to be derision. Of course, since she was Les' it probably was. It wasn't too much of a stretch to believe that his daughter would pick up on his mannerisms, even-no, especially the negative ones. "Hopefully you don't pick up on your Dad's terrible habit of disappearing leaving only a note and a general timeline of when you'd be returning. Goddess knows I can barely live with one of you..." the Scot trailed off lamely as she thought over her words. She didn't actually live with him, granted she stayed over so often she was surprised her name hadn't magically appeared on the lease and the different people manning the front desk knew her pretty much from the clacking of her heels, but still. She still lived at her own place, payed her own rent, etc. etc., but it was still rather obvious that her flat wasn't as lived in as it used to be. Honestly she had even taken to sneaking Kiki over when she looked over Ridley so the cat didn't think she was abandoning or cheating on her. She was pretty sure it was obvious some days that there had been a cat around but he never said anything so she never brought it up. Then there was the laundry issue, mainly being that a good number of her favorite articles of clothing happened to be in his closet or drawers rather than her own back at her place but she rationalized (or at least attempted to) that it was because of all the nights she had spent over helping care for Ridley when she first came home. The fact that she had yet to return them back to her own place was pure laziness. Nothing else. Nothing.

Tassy was jolted from her thoughts to a sharp cry from the baby before her and without even thinking about it she had her swaddled up and was gently bouncing her in her lap. She hummed nonsense in a comforting tone to get her to calm down, which worked but she still awake. With a slight huff she muttered a bit in Haitian before she began to softly sing her usual lullaby hoping it would finally lull the little one to sleep and just when she was sure it had worked there was a knock at the door causing both females to jump. The musician scowled and stood up while repositioning the baby in a better, more comfortable spot and walked over to the door not thinking that her attire of short-shorts, a fringe cropped top and heels was appropriate to answer the door in. Then again even if she had she would have just shrugged saying that it would take too much time and effort to go and throw on her sweatshirt for a five second interaction. Besides, who was behind the door that she was attempting to impress? The Queen herself? She had been a Bond girl, who knew what she had seen and done. She only took a few brief seconds to look through the peephole seeing an older woman and a young girl and became infinitely more curious before opening the door. "Yes? How can I help you?"
Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

[Wearing: Totes Not Offensive] [Where: Les' Flat] [With: Ridley] [Feeling: Maybe slightly Impatient and Curious] [Thinking: Who in the world...]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:02 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Sıиgłe
                                                          Looking Modest at Les' Flat with Mother, Tassy
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Does she live with him, then? ❞

Aиđ ωe'łł иeνeя вe яøчαłš ( я ø ч α ł š ) ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Iт đ ø и ' т я υ и ıи øυя в ł ø ø đ ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Tħαт κ ı и đ ø f ł υ χ e נυšт αıи'т f ø я υ š ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxx
                                                          We ¢яανe α đ ı f f e я e и т κıиđ øf в υ z z ◊ ◊ ◊xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLori was quite surprised when the door was answered, not by Leslie, but by the woman from the photograph he'd sent her months before. She looked the woman up and down curiously, wondering what she was doing answering her half-brother's door. She couldn't help but think that, if the woman lived with him, it should have been mentioned. She would have told her mother about her if so. But, he hadn't, and in fact hadn't actually mentioned the dark-skinned woman at all. The only reason the Slytherin knew of her existence was the lone photograph. Interesting. But, her attention was swiftly distracted by a small coo, and the preteen turned her attention to the babe on the woman's hip; this was her niece, then. Ridley. It was an odd name, but she imagined that Leslie was an odd person. He certainly seemed that way, in any case.

spaceUnlike her daughter, Charlotte didn't manage to contain her surprise at having the door answered by a woman instead of Leslie, and frowned. "Oh, I'm sorry, we must have the wrong address," she said, sniffing lightly. Lori watched her mum look the young woman over, much like she had, except while Lori's gaze had held curiosity, Charlotte's was... almost disdainful, the girl noted, frowning at this. She shook her head at her mother. "No, this is the correct flat, Mum," she said, prodding the woman's side. "I recognize her from the photograph Leslie sent me when he was telling me about the baby." Even if Lori could be a bit thick sometimes in regards to other people's feelings, she knew that the look her mother was giving the woman was unspeakably rude. She normally wouldn't care, but she didn't want Leslie's... girlfriend? whatever the woman was, to dislike her, particularly not because her mother had been rude.

spaceCharlotte frowned at her daughter, then glanced back at the woman. "... Are you the nanny, then?" she asked, earning a small glare from her daughter. Lori could already hear the rant; that manner of dress is inappropriate for a professional, who does she think she is wearing that to work, she's clearly trying to seduce your brother, blah blah blah... While Lori supposed it was more than possible that she might be the nanny (it would certainly explain why Leslie hadn't spoken of her), it hardly mattered what she wore to do the job. Besides, it wasn't as though her mum had any room to talk; Lindsay had been married to another woman when she'd been conceived. She sent the woman a hopefully apologetic expression, praying it wouldn't be held against her that her mother was a snob. And a b***h. She'd rather people hate her for her own snobbish bitchery, thank you.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx◊ ◊ ◊ Leт мe вe чøυя яυłeя ( я υ ł e я )
                                                          xxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ Yøυ ¢αи ¢αłł мe Q υ e e и B e e
                                                          xxxxxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ Aиđ I'łł яυłe ( I ' ł ł я υ ł e I'łł яυłe I ' ł ł я υ ł e )
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ Leт мe ł ı ν e тħαт f α и т α š ч

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:18 pm
User Image
I swear I'll behave

User Image

Tassy took in both female's appraising looks noting that the older one had her nose turned up so high she was afraid she'd inhale all the oxygen in the hall while the younger just seemed confused. Now that she was looking at the girl closer she noted just how young she was and had a very brief thought of "ohno, not another one" right before the other opened her mouth. She was close to agreeing with her before the young girl argued that they were in the right place and that she actually recognized her from a photograph. Once she said Les' full name she realized this was the long-lost sister she had learned about months prior and offered her a small welcoming grin while still wary of the older woman who might just be her mother that her friend wasn't too fond of. And to be perfectly honest she wasn't starting off with hearts in her eyes either. "I hope I look much better in person than in some photo where he probably didn't try and catch my good side. Which is every side so no harm done really." she responded with a small chuckle giving Ridley a short look to see the baby wide awake now. Great.

Her next words however are what made the musician pause and narrow her eyes. The actual..."Leslie couldn't afford me even if I was a nanny." she told her with a sweetened smile while her eyes were ice cold. Tassy turned to the girl and instantly felt sorry for her seeing her uncomfortable and embarrassed stance. "You must be Lorelei then, it's nice to actually meet you. He's told me a bit about you but I'd rather like to learn more from the source." She gave the preteen a wink while wondering if she should text her friend saying that his sister had dropped by for an impromptu visit but she had a feeling he already knew. b*****d. It was probably why he was out and about doing who knows what.

Giving the woman beside her an almost mirrored copy of her earlier facial expression, she gave her a look over before turning back to Lorelei. "Who's this? Your driver? She looks too scrawny to be your bodyguard but then looks can be deceiving. She didn't have to come all the way up with you, it's a rather chill building. Probably because the inhabitants are too rich to really bother. Oh, um, come on in! Sorry to make you laze about in the hallway like this." Tassy apologized making room for the girl, and only the girl, to be able to get into the flat while still eyeing who she supposed was her mother (she wasn't that dense after all). "Is there anything else I can help you with madam?" she asked her coolly. She was already dealing with a rebellious baby, she didn't need a grown toddler thrown into the mix.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

[Wearing: Totes Not Offensive] [Where: Les' Flat] [With: Ridley] [Feeling: Indignant] [Thinking: Who died and crowned you their b***h?]

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff