Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Quotes: do you have a favorite one? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a fave quote?
  Yes
  no
  Poll whore
  don't know
View Results

Fayaree

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:39 am
I would like to know what favorite quotes are out there right now and talk about them. My current favorite is "Lawyers and Teenagers have two things in common: They both think they know everything about everything and they always think they are right." What is your favorite quote?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:51 am
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps in this petty pace from day to day; to the last syllable of recorded time; and all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. "
This was said by Macbeth in the play Macbeth, written by Shakespheare.

Make Soap

Lord of Ostlandria

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:53 am
An organized person is someone who is too lazy to look for things.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:54 am
If you do something right, nobody is sure that you did anything at all.  

Glug

Pansy_Parkinson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:55 am
"Zoom in as they burn the past to the ground and feel the heat of the future's glow." - from the musical RENT

"There will always be women in rubber flirting with me!" - also from RENT

"When you are born, you should cry, and the world rejoice. When you die, you should rejoice and the world should cry." - I heard that from a friend, who isn't sure if he got it right in the first place. xp

Anyways... I don't know why I like those quotes... there are a lot more that I like, but I just can't think of them at the moment.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:57 am
"Cosmo...I want y't'know no matter what you do y'gonna die just like everybody else."

Olypmia Dukakis in Moonstruck cool  

Vadessa

Thirteenth Gaian

400 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Lady Iwasaki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:03 am
Always keep your words sweet and soft just in case you have to eat them.

There's more, but I can't seem to remember them now...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:23 am
"i don't care what you believe in, just believe"- from the movie serenity  

Jeyu

Megamanxlink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:40 am
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." -Albert Einstein

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -Shakespeare

"The more a man dreams, the less he believes." -H. L. Mencken

"Each person is born to one possession which outvalues all the others - his last breath." -Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:40 am
"I have a mix of skill and luck.....I call is SUCK!" -That was from my brother. I thought it was great! sweatdrop heart  

Disney_Queenie

Make Soap

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:41 am
Megamanxlink
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." -Albert Einstein

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -Shakespeare

"The more a man dreams, the less he believes." -H. L. Mencken

"Each person is born to one possession which outvalues all the others - his last breath." -Mark Twain

I love your Albert Einstein quote.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:43 am
"Home? I have no home. Hunted, despised. The jungle is my home. But I will show the world that I can be it's master. I shall perfect my own race of people, a race of atomic supermen, who will conquer the world!"
(Or something along those lines)

~Bela Lugosi, Bride of the Monster  

Halloween Costume

Operation Spencer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:06 pm
"The difference between astronomy and astrology is that one is a science and the other is stupid."

~ some racist guy on the train  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:16 pm
"I have no use for useless people"-The Shindig, Firefly (a quote pointed out to me by a really friendly blacksmith at the Ren Fair)  

quagga_chan

dreugan29

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:33 pm
"No more nubbolk for me."

From a book published in the 1940s. It was in a section about how the narrator couldn't remember what happened on a certain day and how his notes seemed to imply that "nubbolk" might be to blame.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff