Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Belbybrook/Collins Household Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:36 pm
User Image

Belbybrook/Collins Family Home

This household belongs to the Belbybrook/Collins Family, a full Wizarding family. The house is located on the outskirts of Chudley, in County Devon, southern England. Secluded in the all Wizarding village of Chudley, magic is acceptable inside and outside of the house, provided it is performed by people of the age.

The house had four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large kitchen and a basement that serves as a potion laboratory. In the backyard is a large greenhouse that produces many different kinds of potion ingredients and fresh vegetables. There is one automobile in the family, belonging to Lena Collins.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:42 pm
Out on the town? Working? School? Home?

Cornelius Belbybrook
[ Home - Traveling Abroad - Town - Shopping - Elsewhere ]

Lena Collins
[ Home - Work - Town - Shopping - Elsewhere ]

Kyla Collins
[ Home - Work - Town - Shopping - Elsewhere ]

Addision Collins
[ Home - School - Town - Shopping - Elsewhere ]

Matilda Collins
[ Home - School - Town - Shopping - Elsewhere ]

SummerIsles

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:50 pm
Layout of the House

First Floor

Located on the first floor are one bedroom, belonging to Kyla Collins, one bathroom, the kitchen and dining areas, and the living area, currently occupied by Cornelius Belbybrook. Access to the backyard, front yard and second floor are also located on the first floor.

Second Floor

Located on the second floor are two bedrooms, occupied by Addison and Matilda Collins, the master bedroom belonging to Lena Collins and one bathroom. There is a small balcony that looks into the backyard, accessible only by the master bedroom.

Backyard

In the backyard, there is suitable area for playing in. A small creek runs through the backyard, which is partially used to irrigate the greenhouse. Half of the yard is dominated by the greenhouse, which Cornelius uses to grow vegetables and some potions ingredients.

Basement

After the Collins moved in, Cornelius transformed the basement. He moved most of his library and his potions laboratory down here. It is inaccessible to the younger, with only Cornelius and Lena allowed access currently. Cornelius spends most of his time either here or in the greenhouse.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:52 pm
Welcome to the Belbybrook/Collins Home!

Just please... wipe your feet on the mats by the door. Thank you. ~Cornelius

SummerIsles

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
├─▇▇▇═───────────────────────────═▇▇▇─┤
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
FӨЦЯƬΉ YΣΛЯ GЯYFFIПDӨЯ

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

Addison had been obsessively cleaning from the moment he received the letter back from Pru, much to the confusion of his mother and grandfather. Once he was sure that everything was cleaned and straight, he ran to get a shower. He wanted to be clean and fresh for everything. He dressed in a nice shirt and jeans, then breathed, trying to clear his mind. Then, all he had to do was wait for Pru to arrive. This was the big moment. This was what he'd been waiting for since Pru said she'd love to come visit him. He shifted a little nervously and debated a tie or something to make him look more fanciful before trashing that idea. She would want him to be him, not to gussy himself up for her. No tie, no fancifulness. Just plan old Addison. Addy... Plain old Addison...

And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:27 pm
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindorfourth yearpureblood

Pru had been especially looking forward to visiting Addy, seeing as the whole bloodthirsty nuts attacking Hogsmeade had sort of cast a pall over the start of her summer. She'd seen exactly none of the action, as Kenny had apparated her and Jojo out, but it was in every paper, of course, and everyone was talking about it. Pru was just relieved that all of her immediate friends and family had made it out alive, and wished she could have done more. She was glad to be able to put it out of her mind when she arrived at Addy's home, having taken the Knight Bus to avoid having to bug anyone to apparate her there. Besides, she didn't mind walking down the road a little. While Pru had always lived on large pieces of property, her father's family being fairly well off, and her mother's new husband having plenty of money, she was impressed. Mostly by the sheer amount of ivy on the front of the house. She walked up the drive, gravel crunching under her feet, and grinned when she saw Addy. "I made it. Thanks for having me, again."

OOC:
SummerIsles

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:52 pm
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
FӨЦЯƬΉ YΣΛЯ GЯYFFIПDӨЯ

When I see your face
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

He saw her coming up the drive and started talking to himself, making sure that his voice sounded normal and not nervous or anything. When she was close enough to hear him, he stopped and smiled at her, waving as she approached the door. "Oh, it's nothing, you know. My mom made me clean a little, but that's no problem. Come on inside, I'll give you the grand tour." He knew that one of his two sisters was home. Kyla was out at work, but Mattie was up in her room, doing whatever that girl did in her room. Addy had debated locking her in with a chair or something, but had ultimately decided against it. Stepping through the door, Addy held out his hands at the entryway to his family's house. "So, uh, this is the den. Usually, muddy shoes go in that closet with jackets and umbrellas and such. Um, that's a picture of my grandad and grandma when they were younger," he said, indicating a photo of two smiling young adults. He smiled as he walked towards the exit to the den. "There are a lot of plants around the house. My grandad was a Herbologist and my mum fancies herself as a gardener."

And when you smile
Just the way you are

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:29 am

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

Pru snickered when he mentioned his mother making him clean a little, and followed him inside. She looked around, nodding, and then smiled at the picture of his grandparents. "S'cute." She had noticed the amount of plants, not that she minded or anything. Pru wasn't the biggest plant person in the world, but she'd rather a lot of plants then no plants at all. "What's your mum do?" He'd never really mentioned his dad much, so she assumed he was... not in the picture, but she'd never pried about it, since her dad wasn't exactly in the picture either. Being dead.

OOC:
SummerIsles

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:00 pm
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
FӨЦЯƬΉ YΣΛЯ GЯYFFIПDӨЯ

When I see your face
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

Addy was halfway into the hallway when Pru asked what his mum did. "She works in the Muggle Liaison Office," he said with a shrug. It wasn't a very cool job, but it had led her to meet his father so long ago. He let out a little sigh, then said, "My sister Kyla's room is down here on the first floor. And my grandfather lives in the living area, so we kinda sit on his bed when we watch television. My room's upstairs, but we'll get there." He walked into the kitchen where the door that opened into the backyard was. The boy led her towards the door, then pushed it open. The backyard was expansive, but not on a manorly scale. Half of it was dominated by the greenhouse. A man could be seen moving in the greenhouse. Addy looked at Pru, wondering if she'd want to go out.

And when you smile
Just the way you are

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:25 am

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

Pru followed Addy through the house, occasionally pausing to take things in. You could tell a lot about someone from their home, after all. She was always eager to go outside, so she slipped out the back door cautiously, glancing back at her friend as if to check if this was okay. "You have your own greenhouse," she commented in amusement. "Between that and your granddad being a herbologist, you've got no excuse for doing poorly in Herbology," she teased.

OOC:
SummerIsles

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:13 am
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
FӨЦЯƬΉ YΣΛЯ GЯYFFIПDӨЯ

When I see your face
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

When she mentioned the greenhouse, his grandfather, and his inability at Herbology, Addy looked at her incredulously. "He's retired," he said, trying to defend himself. With a shrug, he said, "It... uh... I'm just not good, I guess. Or... I may find it a little boring, but don't tell my mum or grandad. Come on, let me show you the tree house." He smirked at her and started down the yard, headed towards a small tree house hanging over a small stream that ran through the yard. "So, uh, this is the creek I was telling you about. And that's the tree house my mum and I built. Wanna go up?"

And when you smile
Just the way you are

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:06 pm

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

Pru rolled her eyes with a "Sure," and then followed him across the grass, excited to see this tree house. She'd always wanted one as a kid, and she was still enough of a kid that she'd get a kick out of being able to climb up into one. She stopped at the base of the tree. "This will hold both of our weight, right?" She didn't want to plummet to her untimely death, after all.

OOC:
SummerIsles

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:06 pm
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
FӨЦЯƬΉ YΣΛЯ GЯYFFIПDӨЯ

When I see your face
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

Addy had already started to climb when she asked if it would support both of them, so he stopped and looked down at her, smirking. "Would I ever let anything harm you?" he asked, then smiled again and climbed the rest of the way up. He held his hand out for her and added, "Besides, it held me, my mum and my sister Kyla, so I think it's stable enough for the two of us." He spent a lot of time in this tree house, so he was hoping that Pru liked it. It was sort of like his special place.

And when you smile
Just the way you are

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:11 pm

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

Pru sighed and blew out a puff of air. "I suppose not," she said dramatically, before scrambling up after him, grabbing his hand when he extended it down to her. Once in the tree house, she cautiously scooted into a comfortable cross legged position before craning her neck to look down. They were pretty high up. She'd been higher, of course, in the air, but this was different, seeing as they were in a tree. "Oh, it's cool up here. Wish I had one of these, especially when I was little. I would have ne'er climbed back down, though." It'd been hard enough to get her to come inside for meals when she was small, never mind if she'd had an actual treehouse.

OOC:
SummerIsles

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:56 pm
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
FӨЦЯƬΉ YΣΛЯ GЯYFFIПDӨЯ

When I see your face
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

Addison sat in his favorite spot, which gave him a fair view of the house out the front door and a clear view of the stream from a window. He'd requested the house when he was ten, since his sister was going to be returning from school full time. Whenever his sister said he reminded her of their father, it upset him. He didn't have many memories of his father and he was envious of Kyla for having clear memories. So he'd wanted a place to get away to. And because Addy loved being outside, he decided it would be out here. When she said she wished she had one, Addison smirked. "Well, I'd be happy to share my place with you. I love it up here. It's like... it's like my fortress of solitude." He let out a sigh and slunk down to the floor. Looking at the floor, he said, "I spend a lot of time during the summer up here. I try to avoid my elder sister as much as possible, you know. She says I remind her of our father and... I guess that's painful?" He shrugged. He wasn't exactly sure why that bothered him so much, but it did.

And when you smile
Just the way you are

The Forgotten Weasley

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items