Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Walsh Family Flat Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:51 pm
User Image

Located in London, England, and home to Tobias and Veronica Walsh, as well as their daughters, Talia and Zatara Walsh. The house is located in a muggle neighborhood near the location to the Ministry of Magic, and connected to the floo network. Both parents work for the Ministry, and their daughters attend muggle school during the day. When the girls are home, the flat is usually far from quiet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:52 pm
LOCATIONS

- Talia -
home

- Zatara -
home

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:54 pm
PETS

- Family owl, Alfred -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:43 pm
I’ve been tryin’ to keep my grip,
Yeah I think I’m over this.
I can hear it now, oh no, oh no-
Yeah my tongue will let it slip,
Why’d I do those things I did,
I can taste it now, oh no, oh no!
I’ll try my best, how much do I invest?
Like cardiac arrest, high voltage in her lips...

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Dragon Research & Restraint BureauFormer GryffindorHalfblood Twin

Toby typically arrived home before Ronna. Not by any great length of time; they worked in the same building, after all, albeit in drastically different departments on different floors. But they were both employed by the Ministry of Magic, and generally went into work around the same time and got off from work around the same time, unless there was anything that required working late. Honestly, Toby felt as though he had the more 'typical office job', though his work interested him, and he had, in fact, officially seen dragons up close now. He was just more involved in the researching and making sure they didn't cause havoc among the magical and muggle populace, rather than actively studying them like a dragonologist would. He spent more time behind a desk than he would have liked, but part of him was secretly proud he'd proved that he could join the adult work force with little fuss, and put his nose to the grindstone when needed.

As soon as he was home he changed, just like he had when at Hogwarts after all his classes for the day were finished, and now in jeans and an old tee shirt, roamed into the kitchen to start making supper. Toby was no pro in the kitchen, but he figured he was at least better at it than his girlfriend. He'd been consulting his twin for quick recipes for a while now, as Jess was the talented cook in the family. He rummaged through the pantry, mentally making a list of what they were going to need to buy soon, against his own horrified nature at so easily engaging in something so mundane and adult-like . Well, they had macaroni and cheese. They had tortillas. Combine the two and you had a decent meal, right? It wasn't like he or Ronna were very picky, so long as nothing was inedible, just disgusting, or burned to a crisp.

He out water on the stove top to boil for the pasta, spotted Jude making his way across the table they ate on. "Don't be a Judas, Jude," he muttered to the amphibian, gently lifting the rather elderly frog up and walking across to the living area to put him back in his tank. Once the frog was settled, he then had to wipe down the table, and did a good job of it, feeling pretty domestic about the whole thing. So he didn't suck at this long term relationship, steady job, and cohabitation like he'd feared he would when he was seventeen. He actually didn't mind the aching normalcy of all of it. Well, relative normalcy. After all, he was eighteen and worked with dragons, and there was an owl in their apartment named Bessie, and his girlfriend was a Witch Watcher. On top of them being magical themselves. This probably would have seemed like a bizarre alternate universe to other people. For Toby it was a typical weekday evening.

OOC:
mc2

My innards turn, your eyes roll.
I’ll be there to take the fall...
I can feel it now, oh no, oh no-
Same old story since day one!
But I've got no place to run!
I can see it now, oh no, oh no...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:58 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx
Time: 2029-2030
Dressed: To Save the World

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Ronna usually arrived home about half an hour after Toby did. Unlike if she had become a hit wizard, being a witch watcher meant she had much more regular hours. Also she preferred the investigative side more than constantly chasing people down. It was also safer. And she got to use math. It was amazing what you could calculate about people (and evidence) just using arithmancy. And her mother thought she was 'wasting her talents'. Granted, she never bothered telling the woman she was a witch and went to a school that didn't transfer to any university. Of course, now that Ronna had thought about it, it was about two years since she had last talked to the harpy. She shook her head, stretching as she opened the door, deciding that she had better things to think about, she caught the scent of cooking and smiled... she had better things to think about like food.

Shutting the door behind her, she pulled off her jacket she was wearing, and kicked off her boots, leaving them on the floor in a trail as she made it into the dinning room of the small apartment and smiled seeing Toby wiping down the table. "Oh how cute, I've got you trained," She joked. "Or is it that the last time I cooked still has you traumatized?" Smiling she kissed Toby on the cheek, ignoring how domesticated the two of them were. Who'd have thought that at 18 she'd be living with her boyfriend of a few years and have a desk job... well it was sort of a desk job, more so than a lot of the law enforcement jobs.

Ronna suspected that her twelve or thirteen year old self would be horrified at how normal things were for her (and the fact she was living and dating Toby of all people). Ronna was confident her twelve or thirteen year old self was a moron too. Not that she grew out of her insecurities about her looks like her freckles or height or didn't still have a temper and couldn't cook to save her life. But she was more mature and a bit more levelheaded despite that. And she was a witch and helped catch criminals. And her boyfriend worked with dragons (even if not directly as much as he'd probably prefer at times). And there was an owl and a frog that lived with them so that was a bit more exciting than most 18 year olds living together had it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:08 pm

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Toby turned and grinned when heard the sounds of a key in the door and the familiar thuds of boots being kicked off. "Honey, you're home," he joked, and dropped the dish towel he'd been holding to kiss her back, one hand on the edge of the table, the other skimming up her back before he reluctantly stepped away to dump pasta into the boiling water on the stove. "You like macaroni, right? And quesadillas? More specifically, you're not opposed to them together?" He looked hopeful. They tended to end up ordering in more often than not, so he was counting on this being one night where they didn't end up poring over menus with the phone in hand. "I wasn't traumatized," he argued teasingly. "Alright, maybe my taste buds were. But- how was work? Catch any creeps?" He leaned against the kitchen counter, not so subtly admiring the way his girlfriend's seemingly mile long legs looked in plaid tights underneath shorts. "Because my day was a series of intense office debates on how best to secure Hungarian Horntails- people are idiots, thinking they can just 'chain 'em up and call it a day'- one bloke suggested muzzles, right, no one's ever thought of that before..." He shook his head.

OOC:
mc2

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:05 am
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

Ronna couldn't help but roll her eyes at Toby's joke and smile into the kiss he returned, before stepping back to return to cooking. When he asked about her preferences Ronna peeked over his shoulder, having to stand on her tip toes and putting a hand on his shoulder to look properly. "We get two courses?" Ronna said, "How can I be against this idea? What is it Christmas? One of our birthdays? An anniversary? Wait... do we have one of those? And if so when is it again?"

She shook her head smiling as he commented on her cooking and punching him on the shoulder, "Aren't you supposed to pretend you like your girlfriend's cooking no matter what? I feel like my womanliness is being questioned!" She sighed as he asked about work meanwhile staring at her legs as he went on to talk about his day. "Wait we can't just put them on a dog chain and be fine? Who would have thought?" She chuckled at him. "Does your department actually have any standards at all for hiring? I thought you guys were supposed to know what you were doing... even I know muzzles aren't exactly the way to go, not that I really know what to do with a dragon, but still..."

She leaned back on the counter beside Toby and said, "Actually my day was fairly boring. I won a bet, though. I bet that I could with arithmancy guess the most likely place of this one guy they were looking for was... second place I suggested the hit wizard found the 'creep' as you call them. Someone owes me coffee for a week now." She grinned and said, "I don't think that counts as me catching anyone though." Still smiling she said, "Anyways... I was thinking... this summer, you wouldn't mind if I invited over Theo? I mean I haven't heard from him for ages. And, call me overprotective, but I don't trust him to stay out of trouble if I don't check on him regularly."

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:26 pm

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Toby snickered but failed to mention that his extremely excellent plan had been to serve the macaroni on the quesadillas. It could be a surprise. Or a let down. Either way, dinner. "If I say 'dunno' is that a strike in my book orrrr-" He trailed off to wince slightly at her punch at his shoulder. It wasn't like he had to pretend, either. Ronna's punch was definitely just as hard as his own.

"Whatever you say, kitchen master," he smirked. "Come on, you know I think you've got plenty of womanliness." He rolled his eyes at her next words, stirring the macaroni in the pot with one hand while opening the oven door with the other. He popped the tortilla shells in oven and shut the door with a sigh. "I've got no clue where the hell they found Mark. Mark and his muzzle idea. We're all like 'you go ahead and try that, bud'. We'll watch'. Hey, you could always transfer!" he laughed.

"Hey, 'course you did," he argued. "You help catch people all the time." He looked as sweet as one Toby Walsh could for a moment, until she mentioned one Theo Gibbs. Toby had to fight hard to maintain his expression, and even then a grimace flickered across his face. He knew he didn't have any solid reasons to dislike Ronna's 'little brother', or at least not any his girlfriend would be willing to hear. She'd probably dismiss it as jealousy, but Toby figured he was confident enough to not be threatened by someone like Theo trying to 'steal his girlfriend'.

It was mostly that Theo was pretty close to the literal definition of an arrogant git. But Ronna cared a lot about Theo, even if it sort of made Toby vaguely nauseous. And he wasn't really in the mood for a fight that might lead to him eating alone. "Sure. It's both our places, if I let Jess drop in..." He trailed off and shrugged, trying to keep his tone from sounding too reluctant. "Have him over whenever you want."

OOC:
mc2

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:52 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

"Oooor... we could just ask Jess or Gypsy when our aniversry is. I mean I think they keep up with that better than either of us do," Ronna suggested with a small laugh, pulling herself up onto the edge of the kitchen counter swinging her legs. It wasn't like they needed that much counter-space for how limited their home cooked meals tended to be. Of course, considering Ronna never grew up with particularly complicated meals, and rarely something more than one course, and what would be considered a 'steady diet of Bachelor food' she wasn't exactly upset about their simpler meals than many people would make. Of course Ronna also thought there was better things to do then be stuck in front of a stove for ages.

When Toby called her kitchen master she stuck out her tongue at him and then rolled her eyes as he said he thought she had plenty of womanliness. "I would hope considering you have seen me naked at least once or twice by now." Leaning forward she propped her chin up with her elbows on her knees as Toby talked about the obvious office-idiot, Mark, and then joked she could transfer, "Maybe Mark has connections or family somewhere high up or something? Is he pureblood? I mean a lot of the purebloods are like that... as for me, I couldn't transfer. They'd cry in my department. What would they do without my feminine touch? Besides, the coffee down there before I came was pretty sorry."

She shook her head, still smiling as Toby said she caught people all the time. He was right. She might not be all gun-ho like aurors or hit-wizards but that didn't mean she didn't help catch people or have to leave the safety of a desk at times. When she changed the subject to Theo, she scowled slightly as she thought she caught a grimace on his face and narrowed her eyes suspiciously at him as he agreed and said it was both of their places and if he let Jess drop in then it was fine to have Theo over, though Toby seemed less than enthused about it. "I'm more concerned about your parents deciding to drop by at random... though Jer and Gypsy have a pretty bad habit of it. Sometimes they don't even wait for us to get to the door, I don't think." She shook her head, "It's not like Theo will be crashing here... or I don't think he will be. I mean it isn't like his guardians are going to kick him out. The kid has his own bachelor-tree-house-pad thing that is bigger than the house I grew up in with Dad. It's ridiculous."

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:06 pm

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Toby chuckled. "Are you kidding? They practically consider themselves professional matchmakers after us." He still wasn't entirely sure what Gypsy and Jer had actually done that they were claiming had brought him and Ronna together, other than Gypsy apparently cornering Ronna in the girls's bathroom to interrogate her over her feelings, but if it made them happy...

"At least once or twice?" he snickered, shaking his head, and rolled his eyes at the mention of Mark. "Mark doesn't even have that excuse. He's as halfblooded as me. I think his uncle does have some comfy position though... That's prob'ly it. And I bet you started an uprising over it," he joked. "Vive la revolution, give me coffee or give me death and all that." He unceremoniously dumped the cheese into the pot and stirred it in, looking innocent and keeping his eyes on the cooking food when she scowled and looked suspiciously at him.

"Ronna," he said dryly. "My parents both work long hospital shifts. Their main concern during their precious hours off work is not to check up on their middle son, trust me." Not that his mum and da didn't care, but they were often busy and/or tired, and they still had two kids living at home to keep an eye on when Lea and Vio were home from Hogwarts. They weren't quite in the retiring age busybody stage yet. "What can we say, we're popular." Jer and Gypsy were over at least once or twice a week, sometimes more often, depending on how busy everyone was. Though he was fairly sure Gypsy actually spent more time over at Jess's, like an unofficial sort of room mate. After all, Jer still technically lived at home, even if Toby suspected that didn't stop him from spending plenty of nights at his girlfriend's.

"God forbid," he breathed to himself as she spoke about Theo crashing here. The bloke being over for dinner or whatnot every once in a while would be bad enough, he didn't need to get up in the morning to see him on their couch, too. He rolled his eyes at the mention of a tree house- the only tree house Toby had ever had was a ramshackle, half built one in the garden that could only hold the weight of one person at a time, and now could probably only hold Vio. And she wasn't really the type of kid to be climbing trees. The stove beeped, and Toby pulled out the tortillas to put them on a plate, dumping liberal amounts of macaroni on them and folding them over. "Food's done," he announced triumphantly, because it did smell pretty good.

OOC:
mc2

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:53 am
User Image
Time: Summer of 2030
Looking: Take no prisoners

Ronna hadn't seen Theo or Danica in what seemed like forever and after both idiots got themselves involved in the Hogsmeade thing. Well Theo was an adult so he wasn't so much of an idiot, and Danica, well, she was a little proud of her little sister. It wasn't like Ronna wouldn't have expected less from her fellow Gryffindors and adopted siblings. There was a reason she had adopted Theo and Danica as family, though Danica sort of adopted her first, and Theo and her just fell together as friends. As it was, Theo was now graduated, and entering the working world (which, Ronna was sort of terrified about, because Theo sometimes lacked the most level of heads). She remembered him saying something about being a hit wizard, which relieved her a bit because she'd at least see him around and could continue keeping an eye on him. Who knew maybe they would even work together.

Going into the kitchen she grabbed the tray holding a few butter beers and some alcoholic beer as well, which she fully planned to keep both Danica (as she was underage) and Toby (who could get pissed on less than three beers it felt like) away from. Call Ronna selfish, but there was many other things Ronna would rather do with Toby after everyone left that didn't include holding his head over a toilet.

Setting down the tray on the coffee table, Ronna called out, "Anyone care for a drink? Butterbeer and..." She picked up one of the other bottles, "Black Dog? Sorry, I just grabbed something at random." She said with a shrug to no one in particular popping the bottle off the bottle of beer she held and taking a sip.

Graydon Ironshield

RedEagleEye007

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Newly Graduated

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo was elated to hear that Ronna would be having a small graduation party for him. One, it gave time to spend time with what he considered family and catch up and two, parties were always fun, no matter how small or relaxed it was. Theo, at that moment, really wanted a chance to relax a bit because his application that he sent into the Hit Wizards was still being reviewed and he probably wouldn't hear anything back from them for probably a few weeks, speaking that he had only recently sent it in.

His summer had been interesting to say the least, starting with the chaos at the Station, which involved him somehow fracturing a rib. Then there was the party that he had gone to with Sophie and then that. It was one of his more eventful summers and he was certainly happy, because once he entered the working world, he wouldn't have summers any longer. He would be working all day...and five days a week most likely, and would most likely be subject to call ins on the weekends as well...but hey, that's life.

He knocked on the door and entered the flat and had taken a seat in their living room after greeting everyone. Theo heard Ronna ask if anyone wanted a drink...to which Theo answered almost instantly. "Of course...black Dog," he said with a smile, glad that there was alcohol. He didn't plan on getting drunk, but he was always down for a little casual drinking. He could hold his own anyway. He also couldn't wait to eat because the eighteen year old hadn't eaten that day.

"So how have you all been? I haven't seen you two in awhile," he asked Toby and Ronna, happy to see that they were still going strong...or at least, it seemed that way. Danica on the other hand, he saw a few weeks prior during the chaos, a subject that pretty much put a close on the 'what do I want to do' question. Ever since that event, his desire to bring justice the world was at its highest point.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

mc2

The Forgotten Weasley

Graydon Ironshield

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:24 pm
User Image
                                                User Image

════════════════════════

Sɪxᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ |❻| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ |❻| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

It had been ages it seemed since she'd seen Veronica and Toby, even though it was really only last summer. She'd taken Veronica's advice to heart and worked herself unto exhaustion to get ready for her OWLs, and now they and the school year were done, she knew she could relax. Dani also needed to be around her friends, especially after what happened in Hogsmeade.

It hurt to think about what happened, and it didn't seem real to her Julius was gone, but she knew he was. Dani would have given much to attend his funeral and pay her respects to his family, as he'd been her friend, teammate and Housemate for most of her years at Hogwarts. It wouldn't seem right to arrive at tryouts without him being there. Unfortunately, she'd been unable to find out where and when it was.

Today, however, was a happy occasion, a graduation party for Theo, whom she last saw at the end of the fighting at the station, nearly doubled over from exhaustion, right before she volunteered her own services to the Aurors and put her healing training to good use. Now, he was entering the work force, a daunting event she'd have to face in the not too distant future herself. Tonight they would laugh and have fun, and put aside their cares for a time.

Dani decided to dress casual, as this wasn't the impending Avery wedding, nor was she required to wear school clothes. Taking a page from Cathy and Veronica's styles, Dani wore a cute, strappy pair of high-heeled shoes, and a pair of slim-cut jeans. Added to this was a comfortable blouse, and a black fitted leather jacket with padded shoulders. While the look was more adult than what a girl her age would normally plump for, she figured she was in the company of adults, and she should look the part.

Bearing a gift bag with a graduation present for Theo, Dani arrived on the doorstep to 'Roby's' Flat, and knocked upon the door. She smiled as she anticipated the evening of fun awaiting her...

RedEagleEye007

mc2

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:38 pm

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Toby sprang up from his seat when there was a knock at the door with a hurried, "I'll get it." He'd nodded along when Ronna had proposed the idea of holding Theo a graduation party. Toby himself had no idea why it was such a big thing; was she proud of him for graduating, did she just want an excuse to catch up with him and Dani, or was it for some other reason? Maybe he was over analyzing things. Just a little. He had a butterbeer in his hand, albeit reluctantly. He'd like a drink, actually, a few strong drinks, but he had the tendency to get completely trashed on a surprisingly small amount of alcohol for his size, and he didn't want to mortify Ronna at a party she was hosting. She'd kill him. Also, he sort of immaturely wanted to be sober so he could covertly brood. He rolled the bottle around in his palm as he approached the door, suspecting it was Dani, and he was right. "Hey, Dani, come on in. You look nice," he said with audible relief, because at least now it would no longer be just him, Ronna, and Theo, because that totally wasn't awkward. Right.

OOC:
mc2

RedEagleEye007

Graydon Ironshield

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:56 pm
User Image
Time: Summer of 2030
Looking: Take no prisoners

"Things have been good," Ronna said with a smile in response to Theo's answer and would have given Toby an opportunity to answer but there was a knock on the door and Toby quickly got up to excuse himself, which led Ronna to follow him with her eyes suspiciously before turning her attention back to Theo for a moment as Toby greeted Danica. "Well, it isn't like I can just show up to Hogwarts to visit, now can I? But no, what's your plans now you are an adult and entering the world? Got your NEWT scores yet?"

She paused questioning Theo taking a drink from her beer as Danica entered the room and then quickly ran over to her adopted little sister and hugged her briefly, "Dani, good to see you. I was just playing twenty questions with our brother about his plans now that he's in the 'real world'. Though I have to say magic sort of makes things seem less 'real' at times. Guess some things just stick like that when you are muggleborn-the whole disbelief at magic."

She smiled and said, "But no have a drink... butterbeer only, of course." She turned to face Theo and said, "So, what's your plans?"

Graydon Ironshield

RedEagleEye007

The Forgotten Weasley

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items