Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Donati Home Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:23 pm
Welcome to the Donati Home

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Occupants: Donati Family

Downstairs

User ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser Imagex]User ImagexUser Image

Upstairs

User ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:40 pm
Current Occupants:

Celιo Doɴαтι
Hoмe | Sнop | Beαcн | Oтнer

Fιoɴα Doɴαтι
Hoмe | Worĸ | Dιαɢoɴ Alley | Oтнer

Eмιlιαɴα Doɴαтι
Hoмe | Scнool | Beαcн | Oтнer

Loɢαɴ Doɴαтι
Hoмe | Scнool | Beαcн | Oтнer

Pιeтro Doɴαтι
Hoмe | Wιтн Mυм | Wιтн Dαd | Wιтн Gια | Oтнer

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:48 pm
Miscellaneous Facts:

--> The house has undergone major renovations with the moving out of the eldest daughter, Gia, so that the younger Donati girls could have her room which was decidedly allot larger than their old one.
--> Currently there is only one domesticated owl living here, Fiona's owl Tawny. Whether or not Celio will cave to his children for another is still up in the air.
--> Gia does occasionally drop by to visit her family, either to continually "corrupt" her younger sisters, or to idly chat with her stepmother.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:07 pm
User Image
                                                                What the hell is wrong with me?
                                                                My mom and dad weren't perfect,
                                                                But still you don't hear no crying a** bitching from me,
                                                                Like there seems to be on everybody's CD

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Donati Home
                                                                Who am I with? Myself, Gia
                                                                What am I doing? Visiting for the summer
                                                                What am I thinking? Stupid crazy bus...
                                                                What am I wearing? Summer Outfit

Carver stumbled off the Knight Bus, throwing a glare over his shoulder at the driver before he readjusted his bag over his shoulder and made sure he had a good grip on his board. He'd missed skateboarding over the school year, and had determined that he was going to bring it to school with him next term. If there was a next term. He wouldn't doubt it if the school was closed because of the attack on the station, but who knew? Wizards were crazy, and he felt like he was the only sane one at times. He stretched and stared forward, thinking that maybe the trip could remind him that not everyone was insane.

He reached the front door and hesitated, then decided eff it, and knocked anyway. Gia had invited him, and the worst that could happen was that he'd have to catch that bloody bus again. Maybe he could get lucky and hitchhike back to the orphanage if worse came to it. In the meantime, he was going to be cautiously optimistic that his housemate had convinced her father that he could stay over.

OOC:

All those Saturday
                                                                When kids go out and play
                                                                Yo I was up in my room
                                                                I let the stereo blaze

"Yukina101"]

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:44 pm
About time for anyone telling you off for all your deeds
No sign the roaring thunder stopped in cold to read
No time
Get mine and make no excuses waste of precious breath
No time
The sun shines on everyone, everyone love yourself to death

User ImageXXXXXXUser Image

мυɢɢℓєвσяиє sιиɢℓє υиcσиғιиє∂

After the madness at Hogsmeade and the short visit to St. Mungos for her leg (no infection and no amputation sadly) Gia had taken to spending her summer the way she had planned. If she wasn't with her Dad at work then she was at home working on her own projects. Since living in the magical world for the past nine months or so she had taken it upon herself to try and figure out ways for electronics to work around magic. Or even better, powered by it. She had always seen magic as a tool, wielded by the user, but what if it was an actual energy source. Sort of like static electricity being the release of charge between atoms, what if magic was just another charge, another burst of energy that could be wielded like electricity. Currently she was situated in the backroom of the house where all the power tools were held since the power outage of '27 experimenting on simple electronics to try and test once she visited Diagon Alley. She figured if she could perfect the small things she could just modify what she had done for the big. She walked out going to get a snack when she heard a knock on the door. The preteen gave a sigh and figured it was another neighbor dropping off a broken object to be fixed and decided she could earn a quick quid fixing it up when she opened the door to see something else, or rather someone. Gia just stared at her friend for an appropriate three seconds before giving him her usual smirky grin. "I was beginning to think I would have to actually go and kidnap you myself. Come in already, you're letting out the AC." she told him walking back from the door to give him room to come in. "Actually now that I'm thinking of it, how did you get here? You're skateboard doesn't hover does it? Or do you have some sort of teleportation power that you've forgotten to tell me about." she asked her friend looking at his board curiously.

Red Hot Missy
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Wearing △Where ~Home △With ~Carver △What ~Experimenting...not on him though △OOC ~
So you gotta fire up, you gotta let go
You'll never be loved till you've made your own
You gotta face up, you gotta get yours
You never know the top till you get too low

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:22 pm
User Image

Where am I? Donati Home

Carver entered, looking around as she asked about how he got there. Wait, she didn't know about the bus? He would have figured she would be interested in finding out about it and trying to nail it down to take it apart to find out how it worked. "Nah, I flew. Didn't you know? I'm hiding wings somewhere that the school nurses were unable to find on me. I'm secretly an angel." And if she believed that, she was really sad. He didn't think she was the gullible type, considering their usual conversations were this side of insulting each other.

He rolled his eyes as she asked about his board and shook his head. "Nope, can't teleport. That's something that I wish they'd teach us at school. Apparently the lady running the orphanage is a witch, and she suggested this bloody death trap they call a bus to get here. Pretty sure that if it hadn't fallen apart my now, they've got a ton of duct tape and string holding the bloody thing together." He was never taking that thing again. He refused to. It would be a cold day in hell when he stepped one foot onto that contraption again.

OOC:

All those Saturday
                                                                Yo I was up in my room
                                                                I let the stereo blaze

"Yukina101"]

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:49 pm
No time
No time

Gia raised an eyebrow as Carver countered her sarcastic question with a snippy comment on how he had wings and was secretly an angel. The girl couldn't even help herself and snickered shaking her head lightly at the boy. "If you're an angel, I can see why you're here and not up in Heaven with the rest. From what I've read in the bible, God doesn't deal well with snark." she told him with a razor sharp smirk. She was still stuyding his board even after knowing there was no way he could have a hovering one; not because he couldn't afford one but because they were in production. Which was crazy since it was the <******** year 2030, she can levitate a desk with a flick of a ruddy wand and put over a thousand songs on a piece of metal the size of her pinky but God forbid she wanted to fly on a hover board. She was sure someone somewhere was working on one, or already had one and was just being a bratty b***h and keeping it to themselves. No matter. She'd figure it out soon enough, she was only twelve..almost thirteen.

At his wish that the school could actually teach them teleportation she shrugged as she walked to the fridge and pulled out a can of soda for her and threw a separate one at him. "I know we get taught something like telepotation, it's called...apparition? Apparation? Something like that. Basically you pop from one place to the other but we don't learn until we're like sixteen or seventeen." Gia scowled a bit at that. There seemed to be a lot of things they didn't learn or couldn't do until they were seventeen, which if these damned attacks like what happened at school happened often, she was a bit worried if they'd even make it to that time. She was a tad surprised to hear that the woman over the orphanage was actually a witch, although after hearing just how many orphans from London came to Hogwarts, she wasn't completely surprised. And she was curious about this bus he had ridden on but not shocked to hear it was a piece of crap. That seemed to be the staple in the wizarding world; it was either old as s**t or a piece of s**t, no in betweens. Maybe when she went to Diagon next time she'd try the bus, just to see if it was just as terrible as he said.
                                                      Gia popped the tab of her soda can as she was thinking and took a sip before tuning back towards her friend."So, do you want to see where you'll be sleeping or have you decided that the living room shall be your dumping ground for the duration of your stay? I'm sure we can find a nice crate to make you feel right at home and everything."

Red Hot Missy

Wearing △Where ~Home △With ~Carver △What ~Experimenting...not on him though △OOC ~

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:23 pm
User Image

Where am I? Donati Home

Carver snorted, following Gia into the kitchen as she made a comment about how he was on Earth instead of in Heaven if he was an angel. Not like he'd disagree there, he doubted that he'd warrant a trip up to there anyway. Not that he'd done anything bad, just that he was hardly an angel with his attitude. He caught the can and popped the top, taking a sip and listening to Gia describe, or at least try to, the teleportation class. Nice, so in about five or so years he'd learn it. What happened if another attack like what happened over the summer occurred again? Obviously they didn't care that much if that meant that he'd be dead shortly because of idiot laws that prevented him from saving his own a**. "And while they're making us wait, we could get offed like half a dozen times just because they're not smart enough to teach us how to before some idiots in masks decide to attack unprotected students. Great. Nice system there." He didn't like being a sitting duck. Sitting ducks died quickly. He wasn't one that appreciated the comparison, but he knew it was true. He was disappointed that the wizards hadn't realized it yet.

Carver snorted as she asked about him staying in the living room or seeing the room that was set aside. Like he'd sleep in a crate. He was perfectly happy with having a room. "I doubt you have crates good enough. Room's fine though. Suppose it's better than the crates around here." He was being a bit of an a**, but hey, she started it first. She was just getting her just desserts for suggesting it.

OOC:

All those Saturday
                                                                Yo I was up in my room
                                                                I let the stereo blaze

"Yukina101"]

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:08 am
No time
No time

Gia was only slightly disappointed that Carver had managed to catch the can of soda, but only slightly because she really didn't want to clean up sticky soda today. She did agree wholeheartedly with his opinion of the wizarding educational system not teaching them worthwhile skills like teleportation if attacks like these become the norm. "It's s**t like this that makes me wonder who has it tougher; the muggleborns who have no understanding but still have guns and other weaponry, or the magicals who have no other fighting prowess besides their magical sticks." she shook her head lightly. When he rebounded from her snarky wit about him needing a crate by saying she didn't own any snuff enough she had to bite the inside of her cheek to stop from snickering. She knew there had to be a reason she liked having him around. "I'll have you know our crates are perfectly adequate thank you very much. The last guy didn't have anything to complain about. Then again it was complaining that got him sent into the create in the first place....wonder what happened to him. Huh. Oh well, follow me then." the second year tapped her chin in mock thought before smirking and walking up the stairs not even believing that Carver wouldn't follow. She walked to a door just opposite of her own and threw it open to show off the small room hidden behind it. Complete with a day bed, a small desk and an even smaller dresser beneath the desk. "We usually just use this room for storing books or logs from the business but when I told my Dad I was inviting someone he cleared most of it up. Is this to your liking, your Duke of Snark?" Gia asked turning back towards her friend with her smirk still on her face.

Red Hot Missy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:16 pm
User Image

Where am I? Donati Home

Carver rolled his eyes but nodded at Gia's comment about the whole comparison between muggles and wizards. Say what you wanted to, guns still killed people just as easily as any of the curses that the wizards had come up with. He just knew that more often than not, muggles were considered lesser than wizards, at least according to the wizards. However, there was no magical equivalent to a tactical nuke that he knew of. "Well, lemme know when wizards invent a spell or something that can nuke a city, and then they might be on the same page as muggles as far as destructive power. Though, you might just come up with your own idea for a spell that can do just that just because wizards hadn't thought of it yet." The idea of a magical nuke really didn't appeal to him, but he was certain that mo wizard had that power. Which put wizards below muggles in his opinion.

He glanced from Gia to the room again and then crossed his arms, snorting. "Well, if you haven't a clue as to the last resident you had that used your crates, then I sure as hell am not using one. You might get the bright idea to nail it shut and ship me off somewhere. Or forget I was in it and I'd die from starvation or dehydration, whichever came first." Not that he thought Gia would do it, but still, the suggestion was there. He shrugged as she mentioned what was usually held in the room and looked over the bed. "As long as it doesn't have any bugs or anything, I should be good. Though, does beggar the question of if your father's even aware that I'm a guy. He might have thought you were inviting Lori instead."

OOC:

All those Saturday
                                                                Yo I was up in my room
                                                                I let the stereo blaze

"Yukina101"]

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:50 pm
No time
No time

Gia didn't see the appeal of a spell that mirrored the destructive force of a muggle nuclear missile, mainly because wizards were stupid enough with the power they had, why increase their chances of destroying the world? However his comment that she would be the one to figure it out first pissed her off (just because her s**t blew up didn't mean she planned for it goddamit) but then once she fully examined the idea, she realized what he was really saying and controlled her indignation. "Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm not working on worldwide devastation just yet. I'm more focused on trying to get electronics working either around magic or being powered by it. It's...definitely a work in progress." she finally said after a few seconds of thought.

She watched him peruse the bedroom trying not to figet since that would mean she was nervous and what did she have to be nervous about? If anything he should be the one that's nervous; he was the one staying with her, who knew what he was getting himself into. She might be a crazy psychopath. But she wasn't. Well that and she preferred "sociopath" anyway. The Italian did snort however when Carver asked (not for the first time) if her father knew if he was actually a male or not. "Your faith in me is astounding. Really, I'm overwhelmed with emotion. To answer your-I'm going to just assume there was a question in that-yes, he knows you have a 'Y' chromosome. Besides, unless you have some sort of death wish and decide to actually enter my room for R18 activities he'll be fine. And for your benefit, I really hope you're as intelligent as I think you are." Gia told him with a deadpan tone of voice only slightly joking. She knew he wasn't the sort to go barging into a girl's room for that but she still found it best to warn him of her father. For a man of science, he could be surprisingly stringent on some things. Especially regarding her.

Red Hot Missy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:03 pm
User Image
xxxxxMordred Taylor Seftonxxxxx
3rd Year Ravenclaw

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mordred's father may have taken his laptop (and still had yet to give it back, though it had only been two days), but he had never said he was grounded. And assuming he wasn't grounded that meant he had every right to go visit a friend. He had thought about just sending a letter complaining to Gia about the sudden decision of his father to divorce his wife and marry his mistress but in the end felt that sort of thing couldn't be written down. He'd rather go in person and no doubt be told by the Italian he was being ridiculous. Besides he was sure Gia would find something to distract him quick enough. She always had some mad idea rolling around her head just waiting for a willing accomplice (or test subject). So instead of going to the library or wondering London, Mordred had caught the Knight Bus to Gia's. Mordred was sure he had never felt more religious in his life after that ride and had even broke down and said half a very butchered Hail Mary, his little knowledge of Catholicism coming purely from Gia. Taking a deep breath as he calmed his stomach after getting off the bus, he adjusted his bag on his shoulder and walked up to the Donati family door like a man on a mission. And he was on a mission: to escape the arsehat that was his father especially since his mother just went on a three day shoot in New York.

Looking: Annoyed

Interesting that your first thought goes towards dark matters,
And you're clever enough to determine
For yourself that I have seen my fair share of dark minds,
I know where to place you dear boy...
Ravenclaw!

{OoC: }
Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:21 pm
For those days we felt like a mistake,
Those times when love's what you hate,
Somehow we keep marching on.
For those nights when I couldn't be there,
I've made it harder to know that you know
That somehow we'll keep moving on.
User Image
User Image

Gia had spent the first part of her summer break locked in either her bedroom getting caught up on shows, reveling in being able to get on the wifi at three am, or working on her new life project which was to get a working electronic around magic. Currently she was at a bit of a block. After her watch experimentation last summer she had started to work on bigger things like an old pda she found in the thrift shop for barely a quid (because really in the day and age when she could literally watch a movie on a watch if she truly wanted to who wanted some bulky piece of plastic that does what your phone can?) and began playing around with it's rather decrepit innards just to get the stupid thing to work before she messed with it more to work the way she wanted. She had figured that if she got something already outdated it might be able to easier to reconfigure it since the wizarding world was just so damned backwards. Unfortunately her moment of genius was just that, a moment. Movement forward was so slow she yearned for snail pace. She had just been about to toss half the workshop out the window when her father came home for lunch and saved his power tools. He made her grilled cheese and chocolate milk like she was ******** five again but it did admittedly make her feel a bit better about life in general. Or rather about not setting fire to the entire work room. He suggested that she take a few steps back from her project since she wasn't producing anything and just getting agitated and everything which wouldn't fruition into actual progress. Which he should know since she'd heard the horror story from her Nana about when he had been working on his dissertation project and nearly killed himself and his entire dorm with carbon monoxide. Thankfully the alarms were working (for once Celio grumbled every time the story was told) and the dorm was saved but the lesson was learned. So after eating and seeing him off back to the shop she considered her options and decided she hadn't been to the beach in a good while and decided on that. After finding her bathing suit she was reminded why she hadn't been to the beach in such a while; she didn't really have reason to talk bad about it since she had been the one to actually purchase it in the first place. Her last suit had been a one piece from her primary school days with tiny fish prancing about and she had of course grown out of it. This suit had actually been purchased a year or so ago on a dare from a local friend of hers. She had one it but at a terrible cost. Seriously, looking back the thirty quid wasn't even worth it. Still, she could at least cover it with an unnaturally large t-shirt when she actually went into the water. Putting on clothes over the suit and then stuffing a few essentials into her old knapsack she felt she was ready to go. Gia grabbed her keeps and her wallet and was heading out the door when she nearly ran into Mordred on her doorstep. Her eyebrows shot up in rare surprise at seeing him since she didn't remember inviting him out. Sure she gave him her address but really that had been more for owling purposes than random drops. "I'm heading to the beach for a few hours of non-arson. You can either follow me there or wait for me here. Bonus, no I will not let you into the house if you decide to wait here." The Slytherin observed her young protege now that the surprise of his visit and warn off and from the resting b***h face he had he had come to her with a problem. Whether or not it was a problem he was looking for her to solve had yet to be determined since he knew her of her less than rudimentary ways.

mc2

Wearing △Where ~Home △With ~Mordred △What ~Heading out △OOC ~
For all of the plans we've made,
There isn't a flag I'd wave,
Don't care if we bend,
I'd sink us to swim,
We're marching on
We're marching on

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:55 pm
User Image
xxxxxMordred Taylor Seftonxxxxx
3rd Year Ravenclaw

Mordred stepped back in surprise when the door swung open only for Gia to almost slam into him. Gia who was only wearing a tank top and very ripped shorts and flip flops. Mordred could definitely understand why poor Carver had been so distracted by Gia's growth into puberty at the start of last year. As it was Gia wasn't attracted to Mordred at all and he was sure there were girls who he would rather as a date someday then Gia. Gia was amazing and brilliant and mad but the mad fact sort of deterred Mordred from actually liking her as a girl. When Gia got over her initial shock of seeing him and in typical form half-ordered half-directed him to do as she pleased, Mordred nodded. "Going to the beach is fine... I'm trying to escape home right now. Mum is in New York and well... guess what arsehat decides he's getting a divorce. Feel free to kill me now." He answered adjusting his pack to follow Gia, "And what were you thinking of burning or did burn already since this is your non-arson part of the day?"

Looking: Annoyed

Interesting that your first thought goes towards dark matters,
And you're clever enough to determine
For yourself that I have seen my fair share of dark minds,
I know where to place you dear boy...
Ravenclaw!

{OoC: }
Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:51 pm
For those days we felt like a mistake,
Those times when love's what you hate,
Somehow we keep marching on.
For those nights when I couldn't be there,
I've made it harder to know that you know
That somehow we'll keep moving on.
User Image
User Image

Gia narrowed her eyes at the way he scrutinized her way of dress and had she been a lesser being she would've brought up her arms and crossed them in a useless display to block her cleavage. As it were she knew her cleavage wasn't visible and that the only thing that was would only be left to imagination. Unfortunately this didn't stop pervs like teenage boys from imagining it. Thankfully though she had calmed down from her funk about it last year to know just roll her eyes at it rather than punch him in his stupid face. When he finally explained why he was here in the first place she let out a sigh, not really irritated at him but rather at his situation. She had heard his complaints about his home life before and had offered assistance to help but was told that involuntary manslaughter wasn't a viable option. Lies and slander. She did snort though when he asked what she had burnt or was ready to burn, mainly amused that he was rather used to her pyromania ways. "I'd rather not kill you, you're becoming a rather promising protege. Plus my offer to take care of the old man still stands even if you disagree with my methods. And I was getting ready to burn this old PDA I found a few days ago that I'm working on. Last summer I was able to get this digital watch to last a full thirty-four seconds in diagon and have been building off that to try and find the, pardon the pun, magic equation to allow electronics to work around magic. Or even get them to run off the energy of magic. But it's coming a bit slow, I got angry, and I nearly catapulted a sauntering iron out the window along with the work bench before my dad found me. He convinced me to take a break from it and clear my head so, beach." Gia shrugged at the end of her explanation hefting her messenger bag upon her shoulder and locked the door behind her before stuffing he key in her bag. "I'm going to assume the arsehat doesn't know you're here and also speculate he did a bit more than drop the moving bomb on you for you to be here. What, did he knock your mum up again? I know he's old and all but even dust floats to its select destination eventually." she said with a wry smirk.

mc2

Wearing △Where ~Home △With ~Mordred △What ~Heading out △OOC ~
For all of the plans we've made,
There isn't a flag I'd wave,
Don't care if we bend,
I'd sink us to swim,
We're marching on
We're marching on

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items