Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:57 pm
User Image
Click the banner above to view the guild.

Here's what to expect;
  1. Welcome & Updates
  2. Members
  3. Ranks
  4. Traditions
  5. Religion
  6. FAQ
  7. Joining
  8. Ping List

Important;
This thread is under construction and is subject to adjustments and revisions. Please don't assume anything is set in stone.
Battle Herd Temp Home

Updates

July 12th/2015 - Getting there! Considering the name Auctore Belli for the herd. EDIT2;Think I'm going with that. Made a banner and I think it's appropriately over the top. EDIT2; NPCs added.
July 11th/2015 - Battle herd got an updates section.  
Members

Dios/Diosa
The Imperatrix or Imperators who are currently the strongest of their generation.
Imperatrix Diosa Pelethita, The Living Goddess of Queens

Imperatrix / Imperator
Those who may compete for the titles of Dios or Diosa. Must be descended from someone who held the title of Dios or Diosa at the time of their conception.
-None Currently-

Champions
Those who have emerged victorious from the Festum Bellum.
-None Currently-

Citizens
Anyone who is not part of the ruling family, a champion, or a slave, is a citizen.
-None Currently-

Servus/Serva
Every permanent member of the herd has the right to own slaves. The only right a slave has is the right to participate in the Festum Bellum to become a Champion and earn their freedom.
[NPC] Lena Serva to Diosa Pelethita
[NPC] Caecus Servos to Diosa Pelethita
[NPC] Simos Servos to Diosa Pelethita

Unknown
Just a place to throw a couple characters that I'm indecisive about.
DiLong  

one over three

Feline Cat

one over three

Feline Cat

Ranks

Imperatrix / Imperator
Diosa/Dios - The strongest of their generation. They may be challenged for the title at any time by any Imperatrix / Imperator who is the member of the same generation. If a Diosa or Dios die without passing on their title then they become gods in the after life. Since a Diosa or Dios can only pass on their title by losing a challenge the Imperatrix/Imperator of their generation will often go to great lengths to keep them safe. After all, you can't claim your godhood if someone else claimed it first.

Imperatrix / Imperator - Those with this title and only this title are more or less the princes/princesses of the herd. They have status by right of birth, but they have not proven themselves worthy of being kings and queens.

God/Goddess - While it isn't always a case, any member of the royal family may announce that they know the realm they will gain dominion over should they die. While this is something normally only done by those who have gained the title of 'Living God/Goddess' it has happened rarely that others have made the claim.

Living God/Goddess - This title is gained when the living Diosa/Dios is the last living member of their generation. Whether their siblings/cousins/etc died during combat after challenging them, or to natural causes or anything else it doesn't matter. These individuals are guaranteed godhood upon death and so are honoured as such in life.

Champions
Those who have emerged victorious from the Festum Bellum. These are most often from citizens but outsiders and Survus/Serva may also earn the rank.

Citizens
Anyone who is not part of the ruling family, a champion, or a slave, is a citizen.

Servus/Serva
Every permanent member of the herd has the right to own slaves. The only right a slave has is the right to participate in the Festum Bellum to become a Champion and earn their freedom.  
Traditions

Births
Births are a very private matter and new mothers will often hide themselves away where only their closest family can reach them until the foals are weaned. This is especially true of the Imperatrix, Diosa, and the female Champions for whom strong offspring are especially important. If a child is born into the royal line it will be discarded and the family will not admit to it having been born at all.

Discarded children either die, or are adopted by other families (citizens or outsiders). If a discarded child lives they have the right just as their siblings do to return and challenge the current Dios/Diosa of their generation. However, no one of the royal family will acknowledge them as Imperatrix / Imperator unless a challenge is issued, and then only because they can not turn down a direct challenge by an Imperatrix / Imperator from their generation. Because of this, no discarded child has ever returned and submitted a challenge. It's nearly impossible to confirm your heritage as a discarded child and even if you do the fact that you can issue a challenge is a closely guarded secret.

Deaths
When a member of the herd dies their body is brought down into the cavern of bones. Royals, Champions, and well regarded citizens might receive what is basically a parade as they are carried to their resting place. They may be adorned with jewellery, perfume and fine fabrics; but once they are set down in the cave all this finery is carefully removed and they are left to turn to dust with no markers to set them apart from the bones that surround them.

More lore is focused on what happens in the afterlife.
The Dios and Diosa become gods and goddesses who are worshipped by those who come after them. The Imperatrix, Imperator and the Champions becomes powerful servants of those deities. The Imperatrix and Imperator gain bodies of pure, glowing light, while the Champions are warped into terrifying monsters that are stronger than they every were in life.

For the remainder of the population death is the great equalizer. No matter how well liked or evil, how many slaves you owned or if you were a slave yourself, in death you became a weak spirit bound to serve those above you.

Love
Most couples won't even earn a second glance. It's not even unheard of for a Diosa to fall in love with her Serva. Much like Identity, if you are challenged over your love for someone you are expected to stand up and fight for it. This goes from every member of society from The strongest to the weakest.

Identity
Your identity is something that once stated others rarely challenge. If someone scoffs at you or says they don't believe you then you are expected to stand up to them and fight. It doesn't really matter who wins these scuffles, the important part seems to be that it's done.

Festum Bellum
A Festum Bellum (or Festival of War) is an event that may be started by any Dios or Diosa. Once announced any warriors who wish to participate would have one month to gather at the capital. From there the location of the Festum Bellum would be chosen. Most often it would be in an arena at the centre of the capital, but sometimes if the Dios or Diosa was celebrating a special occasion they may move the entire event to an uninhabited area where a much larger festival with special rules could be run.

The winner of the Festum Bellum becomes a champion, and is often asked to breed with the Dios or Diosa who started the Festum Bellum.  

one over three

Feline Cat

one over three

Feline Cat

Religion

Pantheon
The Diosa and Dios who die with their title intact become gods and goddesses in the after life. These figures are enshrined and worshipped by those who come after them.
-No known gods yet-

Stories  
FAQ

This seems sort of crazy...
Thanks! This herd isn't meant to be super serious. The goal is to make a group with room for fun and craziness to happen. Also tears.

If my character fights in the Festum Bellum (Festival of War) and loses do they die?
Like with every other situation in the shop, only if you want them too. There's no expectation that any character will die at any point during interactions with this herd. Unless they are an NPC...

When they Dios/Diosa die do they become literal gods?
No. If a Dios/Diosa dies then they are in reality just as dead as anyone else. The promotion to literal god only happens within the minds of the herd members.

I want to participate in the Festum Bellum (Festival of War) but my character would never join the herd. What can I do?
Herd membership is not required to participate in the Festum Bellum. Anyone from previous Champions, to skinwalkers, to slaves are welcome to enter.

Most of this herd seems to be centred around the ruling classes! What's in it for the little guy?
While I'm hoping to flesh out the roll of citizens as time passes and the herd develops for not there isn't much in it for them. The primary purpose of this herd is to stage large pony battles for fun. The ruling class is more or less just the answer to an important question; "How the hell do we get a whole bunch of ponies into a free for all fight??"

Are you going to buy people ponies with staff credits for this???
Um, no, probably not. The only time I would consider doing so is if I could pick up a herd helper via staff credits and that's not currently an option. If that opens up... well I'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it.

I see you have some NPC characters! Can I make some?
Sure. Please just remember that NPCs are not meant to be the central focus of any story so please don't create NPC characters if you just want a character to RP with in the herd. Also, while it's fine to bulk out your characters Serva/Servos with NPCs please remember that the average citizen would probably own 1 or no Serva/Servos with one Serva/Servos owned between an entire family in most cases. Those who own multiple are likely leaders in the community, strong warriors, or otherwise wealthy. If you want the template I threw together to represent NPCs feel free to contact me.  

one over three

Feline Cat

one over three

Feline Cat

Joining

If you have a pony who wishes to join please let me know. Rules are very lax for joining, whether you want to be part of the old guard or someone brand new! Please note though that the ranks of Dios/Diosa, Imperatrix / Imperator, and Champion are granted by birth-right, earned, or both and can not be applied for when joining.

To join as a pre-existing member;
[quote="one over three"][/quote]
[b]Join? But I'm already a member![/b]
[i]User Name[/i]:
[i]Pony name & Image Link[/i]:
[i]Desired Rank[/i]:
[i]Other[/i]:

To join as a new member with no herd ties;
[b]I could be strong! (In the real way)[/b]
[i]User Name[/i]:
[i]Pony name & Image Link[/i]:
[i]Desired Rank[/i]:
[i]Other[/i]:

I'm not ready to join but...

I'm not looking to join but I may want to participate with an outsider;
[b]Just passing through.[/b]
[i]User Name[/i]:
[i]Pony name & Image Link[/i]: (this is not required. If you choose to put something in this line you may put more than one character if you want.)
[i]Other[/i]:

For those who may want to join but don't currently have a character to join with;
[b]Expect me... Someday![/b]
[i]User Name[/i]:
[i]Other[/i]:  
Ping List

Quote me in this thread if you wish to be added to the ping list. Anyone on this list will be pinged any time a significant event happens for the Battle Herd.

Phail Ninja
Nayci
Nyx Queen of Darkness
Roniel Targaryen  

one over three

Feline Cat

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:58 pm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:58 pm

one over three

Feline Cat

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:01 pm

one over three

Feline Cat

one over three

Feline Cat

one over three

Feline Cat

one over three

Feline Cat

one over three

one over three
WHO ARE WE REALLY?

While we are not normally a nomadic folk we do sometimes move on to conquer and settle new lands. Most recently we have returned to reclaim our ancestral home... and we don't particularly care who thinks they own it now. We'll push them out and take what's ours.

Battle Herd (not the real name) is a group based loosely on various ancient civilizations. They are a very warlike faction and value power over all else.

I will be adding more info as I have time, but I'm also taking suggestions and ideas.

Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff