Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Pierce Family Home Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:23 pm
xxxx× × ×xxxxT H ExxxP I E R C ExxxF A M I L YxxxH O M Exxxx× × ×xxxx

User Image

Located in GREENWICH, ENGLAND

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:25 pm
xxx× × ×xT H ExxxP I E R C ExxxF A M I L Yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NPC RESIDENTS: Julianne Fowler, mother

User Image

xxxE L D E R S I S T E Rxxx
          xxxxxELIZABETH PIERCE

User Image

xxxY O U N G E R S I S T E Rxxx
                  xxxxxJASMINE PIERCE

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:26 pm
xxx× × ×xP I E R C ExxxF A M I L Y xxxH O M ExxxI N F O R M A T I O Nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxT H ExxxH O M Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              × This home was purchased by Julianne Fowler during her divorce from husband Leonard Pierce.
              × Being that Julianne is not magical, it is equipped with all the modern muggle amenities.
              × There is a well-kept garden in the back yard, cared for by Julianne.

xxxT H ExxxP E T Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              × Elizabeth has a Tamaskan Dog named Cenric.
              × Jasmine has a Short-Ear Owl named Anya.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:59 pm
User Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nathan Smith

When he had gotten Beth's text inviting him over one of the days on holiday, Nathan was a bit surprised. He welcomed it as it was a good excuse to escape his family (even if he had to put up with questions about what his so called "girlfriend" was like by Andrew). Nathan sort of wished Beth could ever overhear Andrew call her that because it would be funny to see Andrew reduced to tears or punched in the face or gut for being obnoxious. Either way it meant one less day at home listening to Andy gripe, his mother fuss and play Tiger-Mom, and his Dad being a British Martha Stewart.

Nathan figured it wouldn't be that bad watching movies with Beth. She was pretty cool and she had decent taste in movies. He had never been to her house but when he got there after taking the bus he found the address led him to a rather cozy cottage. Ringing the bell he waited for her to answer, hoping not to deal with her parents or anything. Parents tended to make a big deal out of things that weren't, like a guy and girl hanging out together. Nathan still half suspected Beth went through moments of hating his existence, she just tolerated him most of the time which probably in Beth's book meant she considered him a friend. Maybe.

Time: January 2032

{OoC: }
Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:27 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHer Bedroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNate
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWeird
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sħe'š α я e в e ł ; šħe'š α š α ı и т xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Sħe'š тħe š α ł т øf тħe e α я т ħ αиđ šħe'š đ α и g e я ø υ š xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Sħe'š α я e в e ł ; ν ı g α ł α и т e xxxxxx
                                                          Mıššıиg ł ı и κ øи тħe в я ı и κ øf đ e š т я υ ¢ т ı ø и xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceBeth still didn't really know why she'd invited Nate over to watch movies. She was chalking it up to not having anything better to do, but even that excuse was falling a bit short in the face of logic. She liked being alone and not having anyone bothering her, so why was she choosing to have company instead of spending the holiday in blissful solitude? She didn't exactly have an answer for herself, which was possibly the most infuriating thing about it. Her mum had been surprised when she'd been informed that her eldest was going to have company over for the night, and even more so when she'd said it was a boy. But, she hadn't questioned it, or even really said anything that mothers were supposed to say before leaving their teenage daughters alone with a boy. Well, mostly alone; Jazzy was home, but she was spending the night in her room, doing who even knew what. Still, they were basically going to be totally unchaperoned, which wasn't something most parents would allow. Beth figured her mum just knew her well enough to know that nothing weird was going on with her and Nate. After all, she could barely stand the guy.

spaceThe sound of the doorbell ringing made her jump a bit; hell, was he here already? She'd lost track of the time. The squib scowled and made her way to the front door, opening it and glaring up at him, something he was probably more than used to. "C'mon," she huffed, and then led him into the house towards her bedroom. "So, like, the only thing we have in common is that so far we've had similar taste in films, I figured we could just stay up all night doing that. But, you're going to watch my favorite movies, and they're all, like, psychological thrillers about psychopaths and Japanese horror movies, so if you're not cool with that, you can just leave." She crossed her arms at him, arching a brow before she collapsed onto her bed, staring at him as if she were issuing a challenge. Which, she figured she sort of was. Nate seemed to be a persistent figure in her life these days, to the point that after the diner she'd given up on avoiding him and just given him her number. They hadn't really hung out much since then, had mostly texted, and that had been... alright, she guessed. But if he was going to stick around, she needed to know things about him. Namely, if he could handle her favorite movies. If he could... maybe she'd stop being so hard on him all the time. Maybe.

spaceShe gestured towards her desk, which was a present covered with bowls of popcorn and candy and crisps. "Help yourself and get comfy," she said, leaning back against a propped-up pillow. "... And bring me the chocolate chip cookies." The brunette grabbed the remote out of the drawer in her bedside table, turning on her television and blu-ray player. "Psychopaths or Japanese ghosts?" she asked blandly, trying not to show how curious she was. Honestly, she had no idea how he was going to react to her taste in films, French classics aside. Though, if he mocked her for needing the subtitles on the Japanese movies, she'd kill him right there. She hadn't gotten that language figured out just yet, so sue her. She had no idea if he only spoke French or if his language skills were more broad than that, but reasoned he probably didn't speak Japanese... probably.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx Sħe š ı и g š тħe я e ν ø ł υ т ı ø и
                                                          xxxxxx Tħe đ α ω и ı и g øf øυя ł ı ν e š
                                                          xxxxxxxxx Sħe в я ı и g š тħıš ł ı в e я α т ı ø и
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx Tħαт I נυšт ¢ α и ' т đ e f ı и e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (ωєℓℓ, и σ т н ι и g ¢σмєѕ тσ м ι и ∂ )

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

mc2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:48 pm
User Image
Nathan Smith

Nate gave a smile to Beth when she opened the door and greeted him with her usual glare. Not saying anything, Nate followed her into the house but was taken back when they walked past the living room. Wasn't the living room the reasonable place to have a movie night? Apparently not in Beth's view as she led him into a bedroom to dictate her plans for the night and then collapse to the bed by arching a brow. There she was on a bed with a guy staring at him in challenge. Surely her parents were home... right? Nate would be worried if it was the typical type of girl who was trying to slip her number in his pants pocket. Actually he had a case or two before where he had found more than one number in his stuff and he never knew which girl left which number. He never called any of them but still!

Nate's gaze followed where Beth gestured to the desk before looking back to her leaning back against a pillow and inviting him to get comfortable. He thought to grab a pillow and sit on the floor but decided against it as he grabbed a plate full of cookies and put it on the bed beside her and took a seat beside her on the bed curling a pillow in his lap and picked up a cookie from the plate and took a bite looking over to her as he asked on his opinion for movies. "Why not both? There's Ju-On. That sort of covers both. The whole curse was based on a psychopath with insecurity issues right?" He shrugged, "Whatever works."

Nate wasn't about to argue and was still slightly distracted by the fact he was sitting on a girl's bed eating cookies. Not just any girl but Beth. If it had been another girl he would figure the whole movie was a ploy, especially scary movies. Beth wasn't that type, though. Instead of looking for some opening to grab onto whatever guy was close she was probably looking to see if he got scared or grossed out and she could laugh at him. This was going to a long night of gore and horror movies no doubt. At least they should be good ones with a decent plot and decent acting. He didn't think Beth was the type to do cheesy movies.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:11 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHer Bedroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNate
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWeird

spaceBeth gave him a vaguely impressed look, sort of surprised. She wasn't going to give him all that much credit, since of all the foreign horror movies they could watch, Ju-On was probably the second most commonly known one, aside from Ringu. But the fact that he did at least know that much, and what it was about, was at least a little surprising, and she was willing to give him credit for it. "I dunno, if you've already seen it, it might be boring," she said dryly, but that didn't stop her from navigating through the menus on her device until she found it. Having the thing hooked up to a flashdrive came in handy sometimes. As it started, she reached for a cookie, then glanced at him. "Are you actually into this stuff, or do you just know about it because you're a theater/cinema junkie?" she asked curiously. It was probably the first time she'd genuinely asked him a question about himself without seeming like she was fishing for a way to turn it into an insult.

spaceAs she waited for her answer, the brunette grabbed the edge of her blankets and wriggled her way under them. Then, expression growing thoughtful, she let out a loud whistle. There was an audible thumping sound, and then silence for a long moment, before a rather large dog made its way into the bedroom. "Cenric, lights," she said, and the Tamaskan dutifully stood back on his hind legs and flicked the switch down. Beth grinned smugly, then patted the bed. The dog let out a small, soft bark, then climbed onto the bed, curling up against her own curled up legs. "I taught him that," she told Nate, reaching with her free hand to scratch behind the dog's ears. "Who's such a well-trained boy? Cenric is, yes he is," she cooed lovingly, nose crinkling. The dog let out another soft 'woof', and wagged his tail enthusiastically. He gave Nate a considering look, head tilting to the side, before woofing at him as well and then laying his head down. "Weird. He usually doesn't like boys," she said with a smirk. "You're such a wimp that my dog doesn't even think he needs to give you The Look." Inside, though, Beth was actually a bit relieved. She did trust Nate, but there was always that small part of her that didn't trust anyone. The fact that Cenric didn't feel the need to so much as glare at him a bit to assert dominance meant that he was totally non-threatening... as she'd always suspected.

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

mc2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:27 pm
User Image
Nathan Smith

"It's a good movie, or the ones of the series I have watched, I can watch it more than once," Nate assured her with a smile leaning forward against the pillow on his lap as he watched the device getting set up by Beth. When Beth reached for a cookie and asked him a question he raised a brow for a moment and then let out a chuckle, "Maybe it's because I am a theater/cinema geek that I actually like this stuff. Horror isn't my favorite genre, but I like thrillers, and you find a lot of actors got their start in horror movies so you can't knock that. And, if the movie is good it is usually because the actors in it are good... that's even more true for horrors and thrillers."

He shrugged with a smile as he took another cookie, making sure the plate didn't tip as Beth wriggled her way under the blankets which wasn't awkward at all. Beth was essentially tucking herself in her bed with a guy sitting on it. Sure it didn't mean anything besides Beth was just getting the most comfortable but her in her own bed was not helping Nate's comfort level entirely. At least he had good movies to focus on and the subtitles would keep him more distracted. The last thing he needed was Beth to realize he was semi-attracted to her. Blame his hormones. Beth was cool but anything beyond that was him being a teenager with no control of his hormones just like the other guys who'd hit on her. At least he wasn't a jerk and had too much testosterone running through his mind to think that Beth was some prize to be won and tamed because of her tough personality. Beth was Kathrina from Taming of the Shrew but now guys saw girls like that as something to try to change for fun instead of learning to respect her and winning her respect like Petruchio did, though Petruchio had some major jerk moments in the play. Nate didn't see himself as a Pertruchio and definitely tried to steer clear of being a jerk ever.

His thoughts were deterred from wandering and the start of the movie when there was a welcome party-crasher by the way of what Nathan was pretty sure was one of the wolfdog breeds or at least part wolfdog. The dog turned off the lights and joined him and Beth on the bed curling up with Beth who cooed praise at the indeed well-trained dog. When Cenric turned to him and wagged his tail Nate smiled reaching out to pet him when he caught Beth's words and looked to her his question catching the slightest tone of suspicion, disappointment, and jealousy that even surprised Nate when he heard it as he said, "I didn't think you were the type to have guys over that much." Nate hoped he didn't have to reconsider what kind of person Beth was because if she was the type of girl to have guys over at her place all the time... well girls like that were a dime a dozen.

Quickly he changed the subject and redirected the conversation as he pet Cenric starting cautiously to a bit more friendly as Cenric didn't seem to mind, "I always wanted to a dog. Well a pet at all would be nice. Unfortunately Eton doesn't really let their students have them and Mum would never let me. It isn't like she would be caring for a pet of mine while I was at school, Dad would, but..." He shrugged, "She sort of runs the house so what she says and thinks goes." He looked back to the movie to see it had already started and reached over to get the remote and rewound it to the start and said, "Sorry, I don't want to miss anything."

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:41 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHer Bedroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNate
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWeird

spaceBeth rolled her eyes when he said he could watch the film again, thinking he was deliberately missing the point. Or, she hoped it was deliberately, since she tended to think of him as smart enough to know what was going on in her head, more or less. If he was really stupid enough not to know that she'd set this up specifically so she could observe whether or not he squirmed in response to these movies, she'd be sorely disappointed. If he'd seen the movie before, his responses would be dulled. Maybe she should've broke out the gory slashers... Except she didn't really like gory slashers that much, except when she was in a really bad mood and wanted to watch stupid American college kids die horrible deaths. It was cathartic for her... Actually, no, she definitely should've gone with the slashers. Oh, well. There was always next time, right?

spaceShe pursed her lips, inhaling deeply and shrugging at him. "Whatever. I just like movies. I'm not picky. Only ones I don't like are stupid romantic comedies, they're all the same, ugh. Girl meets guy, girl hates guy, guy is a d**k, girl's with other guy, drama drama drama, somehow girl ends up realizing she feel in love with the d**k, happily ever after. Except not really, because those two morons are going to divorce in five years max due to him being a d**k, and her being a control freak, or neurotic, or insecure, or whatever her supposedly quirky personality flaw was." Beth snorted; God help her if her life ever started to resemble one of those movies in any way. She'd rather be the dumb co-ed in a slasher, at least then she could count on a masked psycho to put her out of her misery. "Actually, I don't like romantic movies at all, really. Unless it's a classic. Classic romance knew what it was doing. Nowadays it's all stupid miscommunication leading to an hour of needless drama, or Nicholas Sparks wrote it and someone is going to die." Ugh, the only thing she hated more than romantic comedies was those damn sobfest chick flicks. Kill her now. If she wanted to be depressed, she had plenty of other ways to manage that, thanks. If she had to sit through one more 'she has incurable cancer' movie with her Mum, she'd commit seppuku. What was even the point? Honestly.

spaceThe brunette turned her attention to the opening of the film, and she almost missed his comment about her having guys over. As it was, she didn't pay it much attention, just waving a dismissive hand at him without looking away from the television. "Not me, my mum. She goes on a lot of dates. Jazzy thinks she can't find a new guy because she's still in love with our dad or something. Cenric hasn't liked any of them, though. He's got good taste, they were all... I mean a couple of them were alright, but my dad got Cenric for me, so he's got high standards for what a guy should be like." She finished off the cookie she'd grabbed, then frowned. Now she wanted salt, but the popcorn was still on the table, and she'd just got comfy. Unfortunately, fetching food was not a trick her noble companion had mastered, and likely he never would, considering his mouth was practically big enough to swallow the bowl whole just trying. Plus, he liked popcorn. She glanced over at the table, debating between being lazy and comfy, or just grabbing it to satisfy her craving... Eh. She could wait.

spaceShe frowned when he said he couldn't have a dog, or any pet. "That sucks. Cenric's like, my best friend. Well, except for Dom." Every time Nate brought up his mother, she liked the woman less and less, she sounded like a piece of work. Had to wonder if his mum being a total b***h had anything to do with why he was so... Nate-like. Actually, his personality wasn't all that different from Cenric's (a realization she was definitely not going to think too hard on, she told herself)... Ugh, did that mean she was like his mum? God, she hoped not, considering she'd many a time felt the urge to punch the woman in the face. When he rewound the movie, she almost snapped at him, since it was sort of rude for him to've done that when this was her house, her room, her television. But, she'd invited him over to watch movies, and then put on a foreign film, so she probably shouldn't have been talking over it anyway. She shrugged, muttering, "Whatever," and turned her own attention back to the film.

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:12 pm
User Image
Nathan Smith

Nathan quirked a brow with an all too innocent smile as Beth rolled his eyes. He had decided early on with Beth it was easiest just to smile and nod at her eye rolls. Coincidentally it also seemed to be one of the responses she claimed to irritate her most. Funny she still bothered talking to him and even more so invited him over. Her personality probably chased away many potential friends but Nate was pretty sure she could have invited a few other people over instead of him. There was always Dom who Beth had mentioned on one or two occasions. He didn't know much about the guy besides he was obviously a friend of hers. A closer friend than Nate was to Beth. Nate was still unsure if Beth actually even liked him and instead just put up with him. It was hard to tell and Beth was one of those girls that mastered mixed messages. She was there no doubt ready to laugh at him if he so much as flinched (and he might because he wasn't a stoic) but at the same time cuddled up in her bed beside him and when he took a seat next to her she didn't say a word. Nate was just happy he thought to put a pillow on his lap, just in case he got distracted from the movie. It was unlikely because he was a theater/cinema geek like he said but he was also 16 in a girl's bed. Ugh! He thought, I really should have just sat on the floor.

"I try to not make judgments on good and bad movies based solely on the genre. Like you said the old romantic movies are good. And if you think about it all of Shakespeare's romantic comedies pretty much boil down to the same plot line as romantic comedies today. His were better written and spent more time on a plot and had better character development but in the most simplistic of terms they are the same,"
Nate answered. He half smiled, "Okay modern romantic comedies is the genre that produces the most rubbish. You win on that one. As for Nicholas Sparks, did you hear the joke that's been going around the internet about his book covers? They are all the same: white people almost kissing. Actually the plots are pretty much all the same too. I've read like three books of his... I was grounded for a couple weeks the summer before last." Nate was surprised that they even had them floating around in the house in the first place, but when you were banned from TV or the Internet you could get a bit stir crazy and curious enough to read a stray book in the house. At least he knew what the books that had so much fuss about were like.

Nate frowned when Beth waved a dismissive hand in regard to his question about guys being over; however when she clarified he felt the slightest sigh of relief. He told himself it was because he didn't want to have misjudged her but he knew that was partially a lie. He had been the slightest bit jealous of the unnamed gentleman who had might have also made it to the sanctuary of her chambers. "That's good," He muttered to himself before looking at her as he leaned back onto the bed, his arms propping him up to still see the TV screen. "Still in love with your Dad? Their divorced. I doubt it... well unless your mum is some Nicholas Sparks heroine." He sighed and then blushed as he realized how blunt, sarcastic, and awful that might have sounded, "Sorry... I didn't mean to be rude to your Mum. Or your sister. Who knows maybe your sister is right. They say fiction is influenced by reality, right?"

He fell silent and bit his lip till he had thought to grab the remote and rewind to the start of the movie and apologizing almost as an after thought and recieving a whatever that made him glance at her for a moment considering whether to say something but instead decided to turn his attention to the movie. Japanese horror movies were safe and took him out of reminded him exactly where he was watching a movie. This wasn't one of his friend's dorm room he was hanging out in. No it was a girls and he was on her bed and she was relatively attractive. He just kept reminding himself that Beth might have some special power and could hear his wondering thoughts and was pretty sure the excuse of it being her fault for wanting to watch the movie in her room and not the living room like most people wouldn't fly with her.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:59 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHer Bedroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNate
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWeird

spaceBeth wrinkled her nose when he said he tried not to judge movies just on their genre. Weren't cinema geeks supposed to be like, the ultimate critics? Then again, she supposed that, being an ultimate critic, he'd at least be able to admit that some of those awful romcoms were better than most. She'd seen a couple that only mildly made her want to murder the couple in question as opposed to go on a homicidal rampage, which was something, she supposed. His point on Shakespeare made her shrug. "Yeah but at least Will knew how to make it quirky enough that you didn't realize how totally not-unique it was. And anyway, the main characters of his plays are never the most interesting ones. They make it worth it. Romantic comedies rarely bother to make the quirky best friend more than a plot device," she pointed out. When he admitted that she was right about the sheer volume of crap that came out of the genre, she smirked arrogantly, head tiling slightly. "You don't have to tell me when I'm right. I know I am." The joke concerning Nicholas Sparks book covers was met with an outright bark of laughter, something that few people could manage to get from her. She nearly choked on her cookie, coughing for a second and snickering all the while.

space"Because you made me laugh, I promise I won't make fun of you for your act of desperation in a time of crisis," she said solemnly, even though she was pretty sure they both knew it was probably a lie. Not like she'd actively choose to break the promise, it's just that, if the opportunity presented itself, she might forget in the heat of the moment. And not feel very bad about it. Okay, she was a b***h. He was the one that kept putting up with her. He didn't have to. The confusion regarding her parent's situation was met with a sigh and a roll of her eyes. "I dunno. They didn't really divorce because they didn't love each other anymore, they just... had incompatible parenting strategies. Namely, my dad likes travelling all over God's green earth and my mum thought Jazz n' me needed more stability. They fought about it constantly until Mum filed for divorce." She frowned, still a little annoyed at her parents over that. Aside from that one issue, they'd gotten along like peas in a pod. They were still practically best friends, and talked all the time. "Jazzy figures that once the two of us aren't an issue for them to bicker over anymore, they'll realize it was stupid and hook back up. I... I dunno. I guess it could happen. But I think that the problem with her dating is less that she's hung up on Dad and more than she's got really high standards due to him being amazing." Beth had to give her dad a lot of credit when it came to that; aside from the whole 'stability' thing, he'd been a perfect husband, as far as she could really remember. Granted, they'd divorced when she and her sister were still pretty young, but the first few years after the divorce, you'd not have realized they weren't together if you saw them together. Jazzy liked to joke that the divorce was a six year process, one year for the proceedings and five more for the reality to catch up with everyone involved.

spaceBeth shifted her position on the bed, prompting a small growl of protest from Cenric, who'd been very comfortable with her just how she'd been. She shot the dog a look, and he bowed his head in apology without her having to verbally scold him. After a few minutes, her craving finally got the better of her; she wanted the popcorn. With an aggravated sigh, she left the comfort of her blankets to slide off the bed and grab the bowl from the table. When she returned, she held it out for Nate to take. "Hold this so I don't spill it getting comfy," she said, and then, without waiting, set it down on top of the pillow in his lap. As she pulled the blankets back over her, she paused, glancing over at him. Pillow. That was... weird. Her eyes narrowed in suspicion. Generally, she assumed that after she'd known a guy this long, any interest they might have in her would have dissipated by sheer force of her personality and its utter lack of appeal. But she got the feeling that wasn't the case, if he was strategically placing pillows in his lap while he sat in her bed. She leaned back then, reaching slowly for a handful of the popcorn still sitting on top of the pillow in question. As she did so, she watched him out of the corner of her eye, wondering if he'd react at all. If she was right, he might squirm. She couldn't decide if that'd be annoying or funny.

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:39 pm
User Image
Nathan Smith

"Helps that good ol' Willy could masterfully weave multiple plot lines into one seamless production. You don't see that anymore really. Not in the romantic comedies that Hollywood mass produces. Hell it isn't just Hollywood anymore, either. Some of the foreign movies are going that way. Bollywood rom-coms are fun, though. Probably a cultural difference than a better taste thing though," He shrugged. Personally, he preferred the quirky best friend to the main heroine in most movies. The girl was usually hotter and more down to earth than the main character which tended to grate on his nerves. He was pretty sure Beth could care less what kind of girls he found hot, though. She knew what type he didn't like, at least, the pushy girls who were shallow and just worried about looks and would flirt with any hot guy with a pulse. Actually thanks to the vampire craze, Nathan suspected some of these girls might flirt with a hot guy who didn't have a pulse too. Thank you Twilight for introducing the necrophilia phase to girls worldwide, He thought dryly.

As she let out a bark of laughter and nearly choked on her cookie before letting out a cough and beginning to snicker, Nate could not help but admire how adorable she was with such a big grin. Her laugh was infectious and made her a good point more attractive on the hotness scale. Nate was really glad Beth was not a mind reader and he had the pillow on his lap. Sure he was wearing jeans and he wasn't thinking anything worse then what it might be like to brush that strand of hair behind her ear but with Beth it never hurt to be safe instead of sorry. It wasn't like he wanted to jump her bones or something. He was sure he had his hormones more in check than most guys who were in his situation would be. He was way better than his brother, he knew that. Andy sometimes would jokingly ask Nate if he could pass a number or two of a girl his way sometimes. This was also the same guy who asked for a good hour about "this mystery lass you totally have a thing with because why else does a girl ask you over to her house".

Nate raised a brow in challenge and then said with a grin, "You are most generous, my lady. Why I wouldn't know what I could do without your kind patronage." He was still grinning until Beth clarified about her parents and he answered, "Ah. Mum divorced my sister's Dad for the same thing... differences in parenting strategies. Or that is what I can figure out from what I know about it. At least your parent's divorce is amicable and they are still here, right? I hear cloning technology is advancing, maybe your Mum can just clone your Dad and marry the clone?" He paused and then apologized, "Sorry, that sounds dumb even to me."

Falling silent he looked back to the movie realizing he missed an entire scene but figured it was rude to rewind it a second time and settled for reminding himself that he did technically watch this movie before. He glanced over to her as he felt the bed shift some and she get up. When she returned and thrust the popcorn bowl into his lap he almost jumped but managed to keep the pillow situated securely in his lap and waited till she got comfortable to hand the popcorn over to her when he saw out of the corner of his eye Beth's hand reaching over into his lap and he jumped back spilling the popcorn some with the movement and he quickly thrust the bowl towards her and moved to adjust the pillow just in case any wondering thoughts he had earlier were still being betrayed. Or the fact that he had a girl about to reach into his lap. Bright red, he thrust the bowl into Beth's hand and quickly jumped up and facing away from her said, "I... I should clean up..."

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:12 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHer Bedroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNate
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWeird

spaceBeth managed a smile when he mentioned Bollywood, nodding in agreement with his assessment. "Bollywood knows what's up," she said simply. "They know how to keep you engaged, even if it's the same love story you've heard a million times. Hell, half the really popular Bollywood films are just old fairy tales and plays viewed through the lens of Hindi and Indian culture. You wouldn't know that watching it, though. It's all color and dynamic imagery... Plus, everything's so over the top that you can't tell if the acting is shite, or if it's just the style." Beth wouldn't profess to know much of anything about how to tell if someone was a decent actor once subtitles got involved. Cultural differences in stage performances coupled with not knowing whether or not the lines were being delivered properly tended to provide quite the barrier as far as that was concerned. French and German films she could manage with, since she spoke both languages fluently, and she was working on Italian so that one she was pretty good with as well. But beyond that, she was a bit lost. It was hard to tell if the delivery was believable when you had to read the line instead of just listening to it.

spaceThe squib shrugged when Nate spoke of her parent's divorce. "They're still best friends. That's why Jazz thinks they're one awkward silence away from snogging all the time," she said. The joke about cloning was met with a deadpan look and an arched brow, though thankfully she didn't have to point out how stupid it'd sounded. Apparently he was well aware. Good for him, she thought sarcastically, he's starting to notice when he acts like an idiot. "I dunno anything about clones," she told him, "But, like, don't they have to actually grow up and be raised and all that shite? You don't just clone someone and have a full-grown duplicate. I didn't think that was how it worked, anyway. So if they did clone my dad, he'd have to grow up again, and then he'd probably be a totally different person. Plus my mom would be like, forty years older than he was. So... Yeah, that was really dumb." She finished the statement off with a smirk, then stuck her tongue out at him. As soon as she'd done it, though, she wondered where the hell that'd come from. What was she, five? Seriously.

spaceThe blonde's reaction to her taking the popcorn from his lap was probably about ten times better than she'd anticipated. She'd been expecting him to flinch a bit or go really really still, like an animal being stalked. Instead, he'd outright jumped a food in the air, and spilled half the bowl all over her bed. She'd be annoyed if it wasn't so funny. She took the bowl and started picking up the kernels, staring at his back with an amused smirk. "Geez, Nate, you pervy creep," she teased, tossing a handful at his head. "I was going for the popcorn, not your lap." Alright, so she was partially lying. She'd been going for the popcorn, in his lap, specifically to see if she was in fact being a pervy creep. Which, apparently he was, and she should've been bothered by that. But she wasn't... Ugh. Maybe her sister and Dom were right. Maybe she actually liked the guy. It would certainly explain a lot. Including why she wasn't pissed at him right now, and why she found this so funny... And why she was blushing a little bit.

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

mc2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:26 pm
User Image
Nathan Smith

Nathan nodded at Beth's assessment of Bollywood and said, "Nothing wrong with love stories if their done well. Besides if you get bored of the story many Bollywood films have a great musical or dance scene that makes the movie worth sitting through if there are bad parts. Maybe I should start learning Hindi, I could appreciate the films better. Or I could run away to India and try being a Bollywood actor. They might have a use for a blonde guy." He grinned and said, "Wouldn't have to deal with Mum as much if I lived in India, though." Pausing he winced and said, "Sorry that sounds mean... It's true but that's sort of mean. I... like she isn't that bad... there's worse parents." He shrugged and looked down at his lap and picked at the fringe of the pillow not saying anything for a few moments.

He looked back to Beth when she answered about her parents' divorce and then proceeded to point out how stupid his clone suggestion really was. He was about to point out he had said it was stupid when Beth smirked and stuck out her tongue at him leading him to grin back at her. "So obviously I'm not the brains of this operation," He said, grinning. "Blonde guys have blonde moments too you know."

His ease was interrupted when Beth had reached for the bowl in his lap which had caused him to overreact. His face was burning hot and he was dying of embarrassment as Beth called him a pervy creep before lightening her criticism with a handful of popcorn aimed at his head. Turning he crossed his arms and said, "I... I know that, but... the popcorn was in my lap, okay?" He ended on a mutter looking away. "Sorry... my idiot brother spent three hours trying to put ridiculous ideas in my head and..." He blushed brighter and said quickly waving his hand, "Not like I seriously thought... but... well... I... you should know I suck with girls... and..." He picked up the pillow from the bed and tossed it at her, "Will you stop smirking? I am a guy okay? Certain... It's not my fault. You... It's not a big deal, alright? It's not like I was planning on snogging you senseless or anything." He went to an all boys boarding school and his experience with girls was usually him avoiding too push of girls or girls who acted with him. Sure he had kissed a girl or two but doing so for a play or on stage in front of an audience was a lot easier. The plot was written out. There was no stress. Being alone in a girl's room with a girl he actually liked was a different story. And he did like Beth, he just knew Beth wanted nothing to do with him like that, which he was fine with. Beth was a cool person just to hang around and unlike some guys he felt no need to have an end goal of snogging or shagging a girl to enjoy spending time with her.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:29 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHer Bedroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNate
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWeird

spaceBeth really should not have been so amused by how flustered he was, but she couldn't help it. It was funny! And... maybe a bit cute. She waggled her eyebrows at him, tilting her head so that she was looking over the tops of her glasses frames. "Oh, what ideas?" she asked, even though she was pretty sure she knew full well. Though, she had no clue why Andy would've thought she was inviting Nate over for anything like that, considering all she'd done was ask the boy over to watch some movies. Then again, some guys thought anything a girl said was code for stuff like that. One of the things that annoyed her about those types of guys. And normally it would've gotten on her nerves that Nate's brother had apparently successfully got those ideas in his head, but she knew him well enough to know that it likely wasn't his fault. She rolled her eyes at him, completely incapable of doing as he requested and not smirking at him. She dodged the pillow he'd thrown, picking it up and tossing it back at him. "Will you just sit down and chill out?" she asked him, snickering. "If I thought you meant anything by it, you'd be dead. I'm not going to blame you for having hormones and a stupid brother."

spaceIt was probably worth noting that, had he been literally any other teenage boy, she absolutely would blame him for having hormones, even though it wouldn't be another guy's fault anymore than it was Nate's. But she wasn't going to think too hard on that. She was barely willing to admit that maybe she did like the guy, she wasn't going anywhere near that territory. She was also ignoring the fact that, now that he'd mentioned snogging her senseless, she might be considering how well he'd actually be able to pull that off. He was pretty awkward, which baffled her, all things considered. But she had a hard time believing he was a very good kisser. Not that she had much experience with that, but still. She pursed her lips, crossing her arms and leaning back against the pillows. "You are really confusing, you know that?" she asked, it completely flying over her head that she was the metaphorical pot. She just didn't understand how a guy who had girls flirt with him constantly could be so awkward around them. And how he hadn't been on at least a couple of dates in the time she'd known him. Then again, maybe he had, and he just hadn't mentioned it to her. If she'd had a date, she didn't think she'd have bothered to tell him about it. Still, you'd think that he'd have picked up some level of suave confidence with the fairer sex by now. It was actually... sort of endearing. And by this point, she was pretty sure it wasn't just an act to try and win her over or something. She knew he could act, but she was also pretty good at reading people, and good at knowing when they were faking it with her. So... no, he was definitely, genuinely that much of a dork. Somehow.

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

mc2

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas