Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Movies, TV, Music, and more
Does anyone here NOT like Greenday? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green Day?
  Don't even get me started on those frelling pieces of dren.
  Hate them.
  Don't like em.
  Meh. Neutrality.
  Like em.
  Love them.
  OMG U DONT LIKE GREENDAY!!!WTF IS WRONG WIT U< U NAZI!!!
View Results

Ursus the Grim

Ursine Warlord

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Marathon 300
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:30 pm
Because I, for one, hate them. Hear me out.

Their entire career is based around riding on the bleeding heart, liberal tidal wave that's been inundating America. They act like such rebels, as they sit back and watch pre-teens brainwashed by MTV shell out millions of dollars for their music. What do they do with all that money? Surely, such virtuous guys must donate most of it to a charity. Could someone tell me how much they give, and to where?

Jesus, they're so anti-war, it's sickening. People have been fighting since they evolved to the point where they could wield clubs and spears. They act like they want what's best for the country, yet they seem to forget that if it were not for war, America would probably still be dominated by England. If it were not for America's getting involved in both World Wars, chances are, things would be far different. About a third of Europe would probably be under Germany's control. If America had stayed out of World War II, Hitler would have gained power to the point where Germany would crush America after dominating Europe.

Whew. This rant was inspired by seeing two Greenday threads right next to each other. Forgive me if I don't agree with your views.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:44 pm
This sub-forum doesn't get too much attenetion, but I moved that one Green Day thread...

I only liked a few songs from the older Green Day, everything now is some what annoying to me.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Ursus the Grim

Ursine Warlord

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Marathon 300
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:29 pm
Now that I have had about a week to vent, I can look at this with more of a level head. I'll grant, I liked one or two of their early songs, but now. . . I don't know. I'm just jaded by nature, I guess.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:28 pm
I can agree with you... when Green Day got back in the spot light - yuck, and it was really bad seeing young girls in the sixth grade drooling over the singer and his band mates. xp  

Goddess Ace
Crew

definite_blonde

Dapper Businesswoman

25,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:49 pm
3nodding to everything i dont like them at all now  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:17 pm
I mostly like their old stuff but now since they went mainstream i abandoned them...  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

arc angel michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:28 pm
thier so over rated  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:41 am
THEY ARE SO STUPID!!!!!!
MY SISTER HAS THE CD AND I HATE IT!!!!!!!  

tala simon

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:46 pm
Seeing the teenyboppers drool over the singer is gross. 3nodding 'Cause, like, the youngest girl I saw fangirling over him was like 10 years younger than me, but the singer's about another 10 years older than me...0.o

I think that it's not a fair comparison to compare what's going on now to WWI/II and the Revolutionary War. Even leaving gasoline conspiracies out - America went in and kicked out the dictator, now we're trying to get Iraq to conform to our political standards. While there's really no other country I'd rather live in right now, I don't think that America is so gawdawful perfect that every other country in the world has to be like us.

And there's nothing wrong with not wanting war. Humans have the ability to wield paintbrushes instead of clubs, or give hugs instead of punches. We also have the capacity to reason and compromise. Just because a lot of higher-ups choose not to use more peaceful methods to solving conflicts doesn't mean that they can't.

As for the original topic, Green Day...

I may as well admit straight-up that I'm a fan. As a result, my opinion may be biased. xp

By "early songs" and "old stuff", I'm assuming earliest songs, i.e. from the album Dookie. Based on this assumption, I'd like to point out that I'm amused that y'all like songs from an album that is mostly concerned with pot and masturbation, but now that Green Day is trying to be "serious" (whatever that means razz ) and get a point across, then they're "stupid". xp

Soul_Reaver08 - I would argue that in terms of liking a band for itself, it matters little whether they're mainstream/popular or not. I would further argue that if one likes a band until they're popular, then one doesn't really like the band at all but only likes the idea of being different. Just my opinion ^.^

tala simon - Which CD? Green Day has more than one, you know. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:44 am
I have to say I respect how you feel but I don't think about it that way, I just like their music. Because at the end of the day all they do is make music, which i say again I love. And they do have awesome concerts! Best day of my life was at a greenday concert! well no not the best day but it was a pretty good day!  

[~soul_slayer ~]

witchdoctor_1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:01 am
i personally dont like most of their music. or most pop-punk or punk or emo. just not my taste.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:50 am
Can't say I agree. I like their music. Catchy tunes. heart  

Rose Madder

Serverus Snope

Anxious Noob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:42 pm
I'm impartial about them. I neither hate/like them.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:58 pm
I do not really care for them, not even before when they were actually "punk". Now they are just Hot-Topic fags. XD

No, I keeed. But still, I do not like their music. It's not good at all.
People only listen to them because it is "cool" to like Green Day.
Do these kids now days even know Basket Case?  

VegetasWoman

Ursus the Grim

Ursine Warlord

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Marathon 300
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:48 pm
VegetasWoman
People only listen to them because it is "cool" to like Green Day. Do these kids now days even know Basket Case?

Exactly. They seem to think it's cool to dissent from the norm, and think listening to Green Day is fighting the system, yet when I sing a little Rammstein, I'm a Nazi. Never mind, I just went waaayyyy off topic.

Kudos to Sheer_Immortal. She actual provided a reason for liking them, rather than just hurl fire and run away.  
Movies, TV, Music, and more

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff