Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:30 pm
Hey everyone ~

So I officially disbanded the Aka'mleli pride; I have too many prides and unfortunately not enough time to run all of them. Perhaps I should have asked to see if someone else wanted it, but then the bloodline of the royal family comes into question. As far as I can tell there isn't anyone who's very active who has a member of the family.

So, two possible choices for a reband:

a) Umoja and Lomasi die in a landslide triggered by an earthquake. There is no child seen fit to rule, and so it is up to the seers of the pride to try and determine who would be the best fit to lead what is left of Aka'mleli; an entirely new royal family.

b) Umoja dies in a landslide triggered by an earthquake. Though she was never seen as anything more than a huntress (per Umoja's request) Lomasi is pregnant with the couple's second litter. An heir and a spare (given away to new owner(s)) will be raised by the council/seers and everything goes for the most part back on track.

c) suggestions???

Regardless I think its easiest to at least kill Umoja off, which forces a switch in rulership IC and OOC.

If anyone has ideas, suggestions, please post them. I'm moreso just trying to guide this process into new hands.

This would be a rebanding, so the cert would stay the same. I am willing to help with rp in terms of rebanding it as well.

Also feel free to mention if you'd like ownership; I'd prefer at least two people, but I'm open to whatever works.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:00 pm
So I know it's not incredibly helpful, but I like the second idea! Maybe with a possible council/seer control for a little while which maybe creates a slight stir-up when the heir comes of age? I dunno, just excited about the rebanding idea. > u>

Also, I'd definitely be up for helping out with this! Not sure if I'd go so far as to say ownership though. xD; Hope my two cents gave some ideas?

Polette
Crew

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:37 pm
I am interested in co-owning the pride!

I have two thoughts, not sure if they are suggestions per-se. First... it would be nice if there was a way to par down the member list to those still here and active. A reason for a parting of ways with some, whether they got lost, disappeared, whatever. A way to leave it open-ended so those owners could come back and write what happened and bring their characters back or move them on, what-have-you.

Second, the pride could use a fresh purpose, a new focus, besides birds. Something perhaps that involves both lions and birds somehow? Just a thought.

A few ideas concerning my first thought, a plot that would allow a separation of old, inactive characters from the active ones... what if that landslide closed off one part of the pride's lands from another? Though I guess then they'd have the birds to check on each other... but that still could be done without the parted groups being able to reunite for a while. It could be that NPCs were verified on the other side, perhaps scattered, and the stretch between made impossible to traverse. So it'd require a long trek to finally rejoin the active half of the pride? It would allow owners to return and decide if their character died in the landslide, took their time finding their way back around to the rest of them, or decided to strike off on their own and just never came back.

Meanwhile those left on the active side could pick up the pieces and move along. I do like the idea of Option B. It would lend some legitimacy to the new rulers without a lot of fuss.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:36 pm
emotion_omnomnom emotion_bigheart

I'm better in a support/plotting role than anything, but would be willing to co-own if needed/wanted.

I agree that Option B would probably be best, as it would add a better sense of continuity to the transition.

As far as whittling things down to owners/lions who are still around, rather than having a divide, might relocating intentionally be an option? This would be their second earthquake, so survivors packing up and moving elsewhere could be a logical decision. They could find an interesting territory to occupy, maybe even a previously abandoned one, as there are quite a few interesting empty territories. At any rate, the combination of disaster+migration would be a plausible excuse for disappearances/willing dispersal/etc.  

Meepfur
Captain

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:41 pm
Hmm, good point about interesting vacated territories. ::muses::

Also, unfortunately, I'm better as a support role too, rofl. ::sheepish:: My health makes me rather unreliable as a backbone for a pride.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:39 am
More thoughts!

Maybe there could be a switch (would have to determine an IC reason) in how lions get their birds and why they get which birds they do. Say, certain species represent certain character traits, and lions are given their birds based on which traits they most strongly display - maybe they're 'interviewed' and/or tested somewhere in the juvenile-adol age range. Not that they can't have crossover traits, of course, but whoever's in charge of the process (the seers?) take everything into account and choose.

This could - though doesn't have to - lead into clan-type divisions, but even then not necessarily formal ones, and not to the extreme where they're mostly separate. More of an unofficial, like-sticking-with-like tendency than anything.  

Meepfur
Captain

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:56 am
That could be interesting. But how would those be broken down? There are myriad personality traits and a limited amount of bird species. Would this affect what jobs they took? Would it mean a lion with an eagle couldn't be a nanny, or someone with a regular bird wasn't suited to be a guard?

However, I do like the idea of them being interviewed and matched by the seers (are there any active seers left in the pride?) Though admittedly, I've had one of my boys 'picked' by a roving Aka bird and brought back to the pride. It's a nice plot device that wouldn't occur if you didn't get one until you were interviewed. I dunno.

Sorry for the roaming, conflicting thoughts. I'm not much help this morning, it seems.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:34 am
It wouldn't be a "We're going to cram you into a box where everyone is the same" kind of thing, just identifying dominant/defining personality trait(s) and using them to assign the most suitable companion. And, again, there will always be crossover, since no one is one-dimensional - such as someone who's intelligent (a raven trait) but also a daredevil (a hawk trait) as well as full of themselves (an eagle trait) - so in a lot of cases there will be more than one possible appropriate match, which will be part of where the seers come in to decide which is best (and the birds are their own individuals as well, so this hypothetical lion could be given a vain raven - or a humble one to bring him down a notch).

It wouldn't determine what ranks they can take, but it would likely be more common to see certain pairings in certain professions than others (someone with a generic template avian - ie non-predatory avian generally associated with peaceful, free-spirited types - would have traits that make them less likely to want a military rank, for instance).

OOCly, this could be handled by having a form for owners to fill out for their characters, describing personality, motivations, etc., and the pride owners determining what bird to give them from there. (We could have a pool of premade birds to distribute as necessary.)

tl;dr sort of a combination of Hogwarts house-sorting and Pern dragon-matching.  

Meepfur
Captain

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:40 am
Ohhh that's kind of a neat idea. Sorting. Heh. >>

Well, if its a rebanding we'd probably just have owners post to rejoin the pride, which would complicate and yet free things up in terms of who is in what position, ect.

And an alternative to moving is perhaps being extremely superstitious of the mountains at this point; maybe there's a wider path into the valley now, so no one is allowed to venture near the higher hills/mountains anymore.

I am so grateful for both of your inputs. ;u;

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:11 am
Meepfur
tl;dr sort of a combination of Hogwarts house-sorting and Pern dragon-matching.

Gotchya! I think that'd be pretty awesome, actually. Sometimes it's exciting to have something like this, where 'fate' has a hand in it. Having pre-made birds would be extremely helpful too. I've had a time trying to get birds for my Akas. That being said, I imagine we'd need to have some sort of stipulation for how long the character needs to be in the pride and participate in order for the owner to keep the bird? Otherwise folks will hop in and out just to get a free bird.

::hugs Saffy:: Any way I can help, I'm glad to. You had a good thing going, and I'm eager to see that it continues!  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:32 pm
I think I could at least be active enough to prevent a disbandment of an unlined pride, if need be. Shifting to an owner-based memberlist would help a lot with that TBH.

I'd be for option B, though I DO have a relative of the royal family that I could bring to bear (Dhati--Ufunuo's son, Umoja's grandson). He's never been anything more than a scout, and saw himself as fairly far from potentially inheriting anything. Still, he could be protective of these new uncles/aunts coming in a time of disaster as they are.

I have a rogue seer that I was already intending to send to the Aka'mleli, a god-born that was half-raised by her mother's birds. I think I have a bird for her, too.

I like the sorting/matching idea. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:26 am
Would still love to see/help this happen, because Aka'mleli. heart  

Meepfur
Captain

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:36 am
Don't want to overstretch myself too much after I came back from hiatus but I'll throw Dahfika at any Metaplots. =)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:51 pm
I think B would work nicely, respectfully.

Kocoi and Kiel are more than willing to stay in the pride also. =D  

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:23 am
Hi, nux is late to the party BUT I love the Aka'meli and would definitely have a hard interest in rebranding the pride.

That being said I would be interested in playing a part as an IC/OOC leader. I have to check with Sherpuff BUT I'm pretty sure Peke and Ubele were supposed to end up together and that could potentially help with the line of succession since he's supposed to be an integral part of introducing new rogues into the pride as members.

If I had to pick between the two presented options, option B sounds better of the two however.

sherpuff

[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces