Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:18 pm
User Image

Orion had left the slave dens and his mate behind. He didn't consider himself divorced, however bad this looked and heartbroken he felt, but it did cross his mind that some might consider him a part of the high class again.. it wasn't a comforting thought, knowing what he had done. Halili's words still stuck with him and he wondered if there was something different he could have done, though few of the rebels seemed to think it was a bad thing that Tyfu was gone. It was still early, though.

The rebels had claimed an area in the pride and one of the smaller waterholes as their territory. It was supposed to be a safe place to go for any rebels who wished to avoid the fighting and any lions who either defected or found themselves as targets of the King. You were never far away from another rebel here, it was the only way he had any hope of surviving the war.

He hadn't done much socializing since he arrived but he had cleaned himself up and assessed the majority of his injuries. It seemed likely he was going to bear the physical scars of the fight with Tyfu for as long as he carried the emotional scars.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:28 pm
User Image

The dark lioness was not, as a rule, fond of going into rebel territory. Not because she thought she'd be attacked - far from it! Nyeusi knew she'd be accepted, if not welcomed. It was simply that there was no point in spending her time amongst those who agreed with her about the need to bring down Shangyue and restore the Great Lion's favor to the pride. So it was much more productive to spend her time in the main pride.

However...she had to admit to some concern over her father. Orion had been injured while fighting Tyfu. It was remarkable that he'd lived to tell the tale. It was a miracle that he'd slain the cruel lioness.

Considering that the lion would be some time recovering, it only made sense that Orion had strategically removed himself from Shangyue's immediate reach. Which meant that if she wanted to see him, Nyeusi had to go to her father.

His familiar form was reclining near the water. So the lioness headed that way and settled herself next to Orion, not speaking for several minutes.

"So...I think you're one up on Grandpa now," she offered. She felt somewhat guilty for how she'd overlooked her father as a cub and focused her hero-worship on Uchanjaa - and see how well that had turned out.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:35 pm
Still a bit nervous about his predicament, he was startled when someone came up and settled in beside him- but one glance and he knew who it was, and he breathed a sigh of relief. Nyeusi had been out of touch with so much of her family.. Halili had refused to join the rebels with her mate, of course the daughter who spent so much time raving about the state of the pride had been written off as a lost cause. They loved her, of course, and worried about her.. but she was a grown lioness and made her own decisions, that was not something they could change. Still, it was a relief to see her.

"Not for lack of trying on his part," he returned with a sheepish smile, "It's good to see you, Nyeusi."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:39 pm
Nyeusi snorted. If Uchanjaa had really been trying to make good on the threats he'd offered Shangyue, things would be a lot different now. As a Guard, her grandfather had the training to fight and kill other lions. Her father had almost certainly gotten lucky. But she wasn't going to say all that just yet. Not unless Orion insisted.

"It's good that some members of our family want the Great Lion to watch over our pride again," she replied piously.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:46 pm
Orion offered a half-hearted laugh at her statement, but smiled at her nevertheless. This was perhaps why he had so readily gone along with the decision not to try to change Nyeusi's mind, she was stubborn and he didn't have that kind of fight in him, not usually. So far it had served her well, though. She seemed better off than them.

"I'm sorry it took me so long," he said, "I should have realized much sooner."

Whether he meant that the Great Lion had turned His back on them, as Nyeusi claimed, or that he could take a stand against the King himself was left unsaid. He guessed it would be enough for Nyeusi, if her reputation was anywhere near accurate. It was tempting to defend himself, to defend Halili especially.. but it would do no good now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:50 pm
The lioness stretched in the quiet. "We needed time to rest, recover, and plan," she replied. Not that Nyeusi had any real role in the rebellion, but she knew she was one of them even so. "Umepatwa is a martyr that we must avenge, and Tyfu was proof that we can do this." The black female looked over at her father.

"You did that for us all," she told him. And it was true. Not only had Tyfu been rumored to be unbeatable, but she had also been one of the most visible symbols of Shangyue's reign. With her gone, the King must certainly be feeling uncertain and worried. Why else would he make any kind of attempt on Nyeusi, much less such a pathetic one?  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:58 pm
Orion frowned as Nyeusi laid out of the facts regarding the deaths in this civil war so far, but there was still a spark of hope in his eyes when she said it. It was more reassuring coming from his own daughter, even one that was known for being supposedly insane.

"I hope some good comes of what I've done," he said with a sigh, "Your mother doesn't think it will, but I need to believe it. I truly believe the pride would not have been able to recover with a poison like Tyfu around."

While he'd pondered if he could have done things differently, he had come to the conclusion that he did not regret that Tyfu was dead, only that he had played a part in it and what it had done to his marriage. Tyfu showed up shortly before Shangyue took over and derived such pleasure from enforcing his rule.. she was as dangerous to the rebellion as Shangyue.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:02 pm
"It will. I know it," Nyeusi confirmed for her father. She wasn't, as far as anybody knew, a Seer, but nothing could shake her faith concerning the future of the pride. She was proud of her father. But...he seemed to miss her mother. The lioness wrinkled her nose slightly. She hadn't refused to speak to her mother the same way Halili had refused to speak to Uchanjaa, but that didn't mean she approved.

Her mother was something to be dealt with another time. Nyeusi would only worry about her tonight if her dad got really mopey.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:07 pm
Orion smiled at Nyeusi and pushed himself into a sitting position. His limbs were shaky but they held him up. He was lucky that the fight with Tyfu had been mercifully short. As long as he kept his wounds clean, he would be fine.

"You seem to be doing well for yourself around here," he said, an unspoken apology on behalf of her family hiding in his words as he continued, "The rebels don't seem to talk about you the way everybody did before the fighting finally started."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:11 pm
The lioness snorted again. "That's because things are finally happening," she answered, voice thick with disdain for those who had refused to commit until they'd seen more than one lone lioness standing up tall. Actually, her father fell into that category too, come to think of it.

Well, she'd overlook it. This time. After all, Orion had managed to kill Tyfu and that had to count for something.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:17 pm
"We can't all be as brave as you are," he said, still smiling at her obvious disdain. Even when the rebellion officially began, Orion had stayed dutifully in his place. It said a lot about him that he didn't care for, but they were fundamental parts of who the insecure, peaceful lion was and he couldn't change that. Not all at once. It seemed like he was on his way, though. Killing another lion was not something that he would be able to move on from unchanged.

"It's not too late yet, though," he offered, "And you're not alone anymore."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:21 pm
"They don't call me brave," Nyeusi replied. "They call me insane." The words were stated simply, with no emotion. It never occurred to the lioness to think that those talking about her might mean the word literally, rather than as a synonym for "brave and reckless".

She had to smile as her father offered her the same words Vesper had, though she wouldn't hurt his feelings by mentioning it. "It's true, daily more people open their eyes to the truth of the Great Lion's blessings," the lioness said.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:27 pm
"That's an easy label to give to things you don't understand, though you have to admit it was rather reckless to try to take on a murderous king by yourself," he said thoughtfully, "It was for the right reasons, though."

It was comforting to talk to his daughter like this, to know that he at least had her on his side now-- though it was more accurate to say that she now had him on her side. But the more assured he became that he was in the right place, the more painful it was knowing he had left Halili behind.

"Once I've healed, do you suppose you'll have any use for your old man?" he asked, "I'm here, I'll help- and there's no one I'd rather help than you."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:33 pm
The female rolled her shoulders in a shrug. She didn't have a lot to say to any of those statements or questions. Nyeusi held no position of note amongst the rebels, and didn't care to. The closest she'd come was being asked to help plant flowers by Kimondo. And after the Huntress had returned to find all the moon flowers she'd planted dead, she'd flat-out refused to go any further down that path. Really, they didn't have that many flowers to waste, and if all of hers were going to die, why bother?

"If you really want to go and spread the Word, I guess you could," Nyeusi offered at last. Despite his recent martial victory, she didn't see her father as a warrior of any kind and so she was reluctant to force him into harm's way.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:38 pm
He chuckled at her complete and total lack of enthusiasm about having him help. He wasn't surprised in the least, he was sure that he had already played his part in the rebellion.. it was only because she was his daughter that he was willing to put himself out there again.

"We can talk about that another time," he said.

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff