[Festival] Tree Ceremony Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elawadiyi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:55 am
Tree Ceremony - Joining the Pride

Please reply whenever you can. It will not be one at a time, so hopefully it doesn't take too long to finish everything.

You will post your lion approaching Skan Kanati, please include their full name! He or she will need to offer something small representing themselves, like a bit of hair. Skan will toss it into a pile of smoldering herbs and plants, and from the way the smoke swirls, he will determine what clan they will be. I will roll in the same post as he does this (probably a cookie-cutter post, but I will do my best to make each post unique for you), and so you will see what clan your lion goes into. If you want to RP a response to this, feel free to do so!

The Dice
1. Bird
2. Earth
3. Mantis
4. Shadow
5. Sky
6. Wolf

If you have any questions, please PM Ecavi or Safaia.

Tree Applications, 2016

• Rolls Required

• none!

• Clan Results

• Bird Clan

• Dhati (Excited Apathy)
      • Nitesh (nessiaing)

• Earth Clan

• Akili'kwa'hewa (Excited Apathy)
      • Amaris (AstoriaFallen)
      • Asenath (Chi Sohma)
      • Coaxoch (Andranis)
      • Kissa (Tanakako)
      • Kuchoma'kina (I Lady Kiya I)
      • Rix (nessiaing) & Jaroren (Fairy Snails) - mates
      • Walijenga Dunia (samus x)

• Mantis Clan

• Aerith (Andranis)
      • Dagan (Kieko)

• Shadow Clan

• Los (Tonberry Queen X)
      • Safi'bora (oo DeD)

• Sky Clan

• Batasa-sa-Gulna (Meepfur)
      • Camilia (Syrius Lionwing)
      • Ingoakore Kalyani (Schicksalswende) - Not ICly new/returning member (approved by Ecavi)
      • Lesia (Syrius Lionwing) & Liesa (AstoriaFallen) - sisters
      • Lucrecia (Chi Sohma)
      • RĂș (Seaki)
      • Umngane'Ukuthula (I Lady Kiya I)

• Wolf Clan

• Sepsis (Epine de Rose)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:01 am
User Image

Sepsis had been gone along time from the swamps he had been born in, in fact, by the time he had begun to make his return to the swamps he had discovered that fire had ravaged them and his family had 'moved'. They had been granted temporary sanctuary in a place far unlike their own...and in the time he had been nearby the Ela he had learnt to appreciate their way of life. There was something about it that spoke to him at a far greater volume than the swamps ever had.

...It wasn't an insult to his parents, on the contrary he still loved them dearly.

...But he wanted to stay here.

Thus, when he had heard that the Ela would be opening their ranks to potential new lions he had stepped forward, and now he had been granted the opportunity to meet with Skan. He had been instructed to bring something of value with him, but in his young life he had very little of value to offer, heck, he really only had himself to put forward in this hour. Since they couldn't very well burn him, he had opted to offer a rather large chunk of his adolescent mane... it would grow back eventually, but for now it would serve another purpose.

It was this that the young lion offered in place of burning himself on the smoldering plant life that lay before the pale yellow lion...

Epine de Rose

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:26 am
User Image

Kissa was nervous. She had been lingering on the edge of the pride for a while and no one had come to chase her off. She had already been given permission to join, but she still found herself reluctant to step forwards. Not so much because she was unsure of her choice, or her desire to join, but simply for the fact that everyone would be looking at her for the duration of her 'acceptance' and, whatever the smoke thing signified.

Sucking in a deep breath she watched as a pale grey male tossed a hunk of his mane into the fire. What could she offer? She had nothing, had never considered carrying anything about with her bar her own, too-bright fur. Blinking she sat back and dragged her extended claws through her vivid coat. After a few swipes along her chest, flanks and rump she had a pawful of loose hair. A mix of gold, purple and red. Satisfied that this represented her and her reasons for wanting to join, she waited while the lion ahead of her did his thing then shyly steped forwards herself.

"I'm Kissa, and I'd like to join your pride."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:28 pm
User Image Buzzing with energy, Aerith approached Skan Kanati. In her maw she held a few things - Some of her hair and a few flowers, secured together using some sort of vining plant. Everything about it was organic, carefully taken from her cubhood home and tended with love and care. While she'd miss her flowers, though, she was looking foreward to a new start. With all the love and kindness afforded her plants, as always, she placed the bundle before Skan, "Hello, my name is Aerith. I've come a long way to join your pride, and bring flowers from my homeland and a bit of my hair as an offering. The flowers are as much a part of me as they are the Earth itself. I'm happy that you and your pride will have me!"

User Image Much more hesitant, and slightly jumpy, was a darker lioness behind the pink-marked. She only had with her bits of hair, and the appearance of somebody who wasn't eating enough. She glanced at the other lions, almost as if she expected some secret guard to come along. There was no such thing, here, though, and she kept repeating that in her head. The king's personal guard weren't right around the corner, there wasn't anywhere for them to hide here, and they weren't going to bring harm to any who opposed the king. That pride was gone, this pride was more peaceful.

Slowly, she exhaled, then offered the bits of hair up. "My name is Coaxoch, and... All I have is some of myself to... To offer to the pride..." She gave a bow of her head. "And thank you for letting me join!"

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:55 pm
User Image

Umngane'Ukuthula presented a feather to Skan Kanati. Confidence filled her as she approached with it, place it down in front of her looking into his eyes. She waited a moment before speaking any kind of words to the lion before her.

"I am Umngane'Ukuthula." She spoke no other words as she waited for her faith to tell her where she was suppose to be. Either in this pride or somewhere else. Only he could tell her, she believed anyways.

------------------------------------

User Image

When his turn came, Kuchoma'kina stepped forward. He felt a bit nervous approaching, unsure what to expect from all of this. He placed a chunk of his orange mane down in front of him to the male before him. This was how it was done, right?

Uncertainty filled him as he stood there, waiting for what seemed like forever. It was strange, being here at this moment. But it was something he was half excited about as well. It took all of him to hold back shaking legs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:46 am
Camillia paused for a moment as she approached this most auspicious of occasions. She felt both frightened and excited that she was here. She had been born a rogue and though the solitary life had made up moist of her living history she was ready to take the plunge, she was ready to be a part of something.

Taking a deep breath she approached Skan Kanati with her offering. It was simple enough a strand of green hair, she had so few of these really, her green streaks were her pride and joy offering some to the pride felt right.

----

Lesia looked at her sister and pressed close as they approached together. They had never been alone, they had always had each other and to be separated would probably have been a death sentence for them, then and now. They were here together and they would stay together she was sure of it. She had her sister could be safe here, they could live a life and be safe. Safe, it was a beautiful word.

She licked her sisters cheek and offered up a strand of silver hair curled around a pink flower. The hair actually belonged to her sister though there was no difference in colour between her own and her sisters every hair that belonged to her twin was important to her. So she offered this as tribute.

AstoriaFallen

Syrius Lionwing

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:36 pm
Walijenga Dunia had left as an adol on his name quest along with all his siblings but instead of ending up back to his home pide, he here. taking a deep breath he presented himself with a lock of his own mane in front of Skan. placing his offering on the ground, he finally spoke. " I'am Walijenga Dunia." he then gave a respectful bow of his head. "i thank you for allowing me to join."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:50 pm
Dhati took a deep breath, trying not to pay too much attention to the rest of the gathered lions. He was not used to so many strange lions in one place... This pride was wary of outsiders, much like his own had been, but this time he was the outsider seeking entry. Feeling Kifafa's talons grip just a bit tighter as he stepped forward, the vulture a comforting weight, he bowed a dark-maned head before Skan. "My name is Dhati, and my companion is Kifafa. We thank you for this chance."

And as her charge spoke, Kifafa hopped down and laid the offering she'd been safe-keeping in front of the wanidatsi--a clump of black hair, and a small pink feather. A piece from them both, as their lives were bound together.

---

Akili'kwa'hewa, on the other paw, was all smiles. She'd found her Ela friends, she'd reunited with one of her daughters (it was still so hard to remember not to call little Tawi that anymore!), and she would be able to stay with both. Well, maybe. She might not end up in the same clan as Kiwidinok, but she'd still get to visit her and that would be good too! No matter what clan the spirits chose for her, there were many others from home here, and new friends to meet. Limp or not, there was a spring to her step as she approached Skan and offered a tuft of fur. "My name is Akili'kwa'hewa, and I'm glad the spirits have brought me here."

Another, even wider smile, mismatched eyes bright.  

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:25 am
Quote:
User Image As dawnwalkers, they all had ear pieces, necklaces, tail cuffs and bracelets. Since her travels she began to part with a lot of different pieces. The first was her necklace she gave to her mother. After that, she gave away pieces, a bracelet even, to bribe a safe passage. The only thing that was left was her tail cuff. She pulled up her tail, then looked at what other lions gave the elder. She was hesitant. Maybe give him a piece of her hair? Right! Maybe that! She went to pull it, when she remembered what Utsuki said to her.

"Leave behind the old life, start fresh- let this be the new adventure."
Saying to herself, as if Utsuki was saying it along with her.

As soon as it was her turn, she pulled off her dawnwalker tail cuff and offered it to him. When she did, it was as if a weight had been taking off...
What did that mean?

Surprised, she looked forward in to the fire, then back at the massive lion. Then back to the flames again. Wondering how the smoke would really show her where she belonged. What a weird tradition..

Quote:
User ImageUser Image

The Ela [Chida] had healed her. Well, an especially intelligent lion hunted for her and patched up small wounds. Continuously saying he was far from a healer. The klispringer, Corbin fretted quite a bit. Having to run TOWARDS Chida and tell him about his poor Asenath. Thankfully, Chida knew many familiars and understood that when a prey animal comes towards a predator, it meant there was something more to the animal. With the tree ceremony in full swing, he helped her when she had more strength.

"You are suppose to give our leader something that represents you. He'll throw it in to the fire, and once there- it will tell you the clan. I hope the best for you, lioness."

She hadn't spoken though. It was almost like her body was too weak, but she found the strength to bow her head. Slowly going up to the pale lion, his aura seemed so overwhelming. Instead of a piece of hair, she offered a necklace she was given when she was born by her father. She missed him so, and Corbin stuck close to her. By this point, the necklace even had a piece of Corbin's horn, a nail from her father, and beads that represented her- and her family but those days were over. This was her rebirth...

"Are you sure Asenath?" Corbin tried to stop her. "Is that what you want to give them, its the only thing you have left of them."
"....." She looked at the lion more determined now to offer it. Giving him a heavy nod.

Pulling off the necklace, as surreal as she was- and offered it to the giant lion.
Corbin watched with awe, she never took off the necklace.. Maybe except to make it bigger. Corbin quickly bowed his head as well... If this was what decided, he would follow her to the ends of the earth.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:41 am
Syrius Lionwing

Liesa stuck close to her twin and approached Skan Kanati with a nervous smile. "I am Liesa and my Sister Lesia and I wish to join." She offered a a braided combination of her and her sisters hair. She looked over towards her and gave her a reassuring smile. They could do this.

- - - - - -

Amaris approached Skan Kanati proudly, she was so sure of this and she offered one of her baby teeth wrapped in twine. "My name is Amaris and I wish to offer this as tribute in request to join." She said giving a bow of her head.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:04 am
Epine de Rose

Skan felt like he was better prepared for the Tree ceremony this time around, mainly because he was able to get help from his daughter, Dohi. She was a more skilled alu'nadi this time around, and was able to do a lot of the prep work for Skan. He just had to arrive at the location for the ceremony, smoldering ash pile ready to show him where the lives of these new members would start anew in the Ela'wadiyi.

He nodded to the first applicant, eager and excited to star their new life, to grow new roots within the clan that would be their new home.

"Welcome, Sepsis, and thank you for your offering." He let it fall into the small pile of ash, the heat quickly curling the large chunk of mane and showing him flickers of their past and future within the smoke swirling up into the sky. "You are welcome within the Wolf clan. Go to them now."  
Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:07 am
Tanakako

With the first new member initiated, Skan was letting his shoulders relax, pulling himself into a more comfortable mentality. This was a time that in the past gave him anxiety, but there had never been a reason for that anxiety. New members brought new appreciation for the pride, and so he had slowly let go some of his reservations about outsiders joining.

"Welcome, Kissa" he said with a nod, accepting their offering and letting it smolder in the ash pile that would surely grow into a large size by the time to ceremony was complete. "Your offering points you into the direction of the Earth clan. Welcome to the Ela'wadiyi."  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:10 am
Andranis
(roll is for second lioness)

The next lioness that approached him was much more forward and excited to open this next chapter of her life. She has quite an offering to give to the pride, a mixture of flowers and some of her own hair. Skan knew that many of those who came to join The Ela'wadiyi had little in the way of offering except bits of themselves; some came with objects that represented their past, and fewer came with objects that actually came from their birth lands.

"Thank you, Aerith," Skan said with a nod of his head, taking the offering gently and resting it on the pile. As it was something more than just hair, it took a longer amount of time to curl, smolder, smoke, and eventually char away into a husk of itself. The swirling smoke gave glimpses of fields of flowers, warmth, and flickers of her own future.

"You belong in the Mantis clan, where your future is."

---

In stark contrast to the lioness before her, the next one was darker in colour, shyer, and quieter in her body language. This was the usual new member that the wanidatsi was used to, and so he nodded to her gently, offering her a small encouraging smile to approach him. "You offer yourself, your knowledge, and your interest in growing here with us all. That is enough for us here."

The offering was small, but it told Skan enough. She had a lot of her own issues to work through, and the quiet nature of the Ela'wadiyi would help her through that. "Coaxoch, your new life begins in the Earth clan."  
Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:12 am
I Lady Kiya I

A feather was an uncommon, if somewhat classic offering. The Ela'wadiyi were always decorated with feathers, many of which were found or offered from the birds above. It was a logical gift, a guide from those who could see the world from above and watch the migration of life.

"Umngane'Ukuthula, your offering shows me, through the smoke it produced, that you are to join the Sky clan. Welcome to the Ela'wadiyi."  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:14 am
I Lady Kiya I

The orange mane was a little shock to see, approaching after the muted earthy colours of the last lion that approached him. Paired with the purple coat, and this lion would always catch the attention of those around him, at least until they got used to his flashy colours. "Welcome," Skan said with a bob of his head.

For the lion it may have felt like an eternity, but it was short for Skan. The slight meditation that he had to pull himself into made time feel like it moved faster, not slower, as he watched the curling strands of smoke and dissolving fur tell him of the future that this orange-maned lion had here. "Your bright future lies within the Earth clan. You'll fit in just fine."  
[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff