Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:31 pm
((Anyone feel free to jump in! I'll post for my characters tomorrow probably, but I didn't want to keep people waiting <3 ))

There was a secluded cove on one of Western's Southern Islands that was well known to dragons and their riders, although the island itself was deserted. A wide-mouthed hole opened to a deep cave lake connected to a network of tunnels, large enough for dragons to rest in. The water was still and cool, largely shielded from the warming of the sun. And on a blistering summer day like this, it wasn't unusual to run into a dozen or more dragons cooling themselves in its crystal pool.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:01 pm
It had all been Eldwinth's idea and Azrael was along for the ride. The days had gotten hotter and while the brown did enjoy the rivers or the ocean for a bath he didn't have a cool stone bed to lay on like those at a weyr. Eldwinth wasn't complaining about not belonging to a weyr either, he just thought it was only fair that they visit a cooler place on the hotter days.

You would think you would not be so against a place like this, Azraelmine. The brown had already taken a dip and was laying on the cool and wet rocks. He had picked one of the caverns closest to the entrance as well, something that irked Azrael but Eldwinth just found it amusing. "If it was more secluded, yes." The pleasure he could feel Eldwinth getting from his irritation was annoying him just as much as having to be here. "As it is, anyone can just come here and I'd rather not be surrounded by those I do not know." Your face is hidden mine. I doubt anyone will ask anything about it if they do come here. I doubt you will decide to take a dip in the water so no one will wonder why you are swimming with your face covered.

Azrael decided to ignore that comment and moved to the bag he had brought along with him. If he was going to have to be here while Eldwinth socialized he could at least keep himself busy. Pulling his violin from it's protected case and began to play.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:28 pm
T'sal & Zayinth

Zayinth appeared from the cold of Between, and the intense and muggy afternoon heat gripped T'sal like a vice. His riding leathers immediately felt heavy, and though the wind whipped around him while his green dove for the popular cove, it just didn't seem fast enough. While he hadn't necessarily wanted to leave Black Sand's Hold, or it's beautiful spa, fair was fair. If he was going to let himself get pampered than so would she! It wasn't fair that he had been living in the lap of luxury for almost a sevenday; it was her turn to have some fun, and a cool bath sounded delightful.

The green dragon knew exactly where to go, as T'sal had often enjoyed taking his beloved to the secluded cove whenever they had business at Black Sands. Sometimes his beloved found a bit of companionship, other times she was alone. What they might find today, he honestly had no clue, but it didn't matter. He had packed her favorite scrubbing brush, and promised her a solid oiling later that evening, after they returned. T'sal would lounge, swim, and prepare for a few hours of absolutely nothing. A few hours he could think about where he'd need to go next, or maybe think about a certain someone.

Or not, because that just sounded desperate.

He'd stashed some fruit, vegetables, meatrolls, a bottle of wine, and a few luxurious towels; he knew no matter how dry he intended to stay, Zayinth would demand he play, cold water be damned.

The green dragon glided blissfully into the large mouth of the cave, but instead of landing on one of the empty tunnels to deposit her rider nad perch, she suddenly wheeled up and turned her dive into a somewhat surprised and anxious glide. Her bright blue eyes suddenly whirled yellow, and she gave a tenative, if meek, croon of greeting.

Someone else was there!

Mine, someone else is here Someone I don't know. That wasn't surprising. While Zayinth likely knew every watchdragon on Pern, outside of the few sea guard dragons, she didn't have many friends.

Well, I'm sure the cave is large enough for both of us, pet. Why not make a new friend? He encouraged, giving her an affectionate pat on the neck.

Reaching out to Eldwinth, she tentatively (but ever so happily) sent a stronger greetng. Hello, stranger. Do you mind if I come to swim?

Slowly, cautiously, she moved for one of the empty tunnels, perching on its ledge, and her wings half-unfurled just in case the stranger did not wish to be bothered. It would only be rude of her to interrupt someone else's party. She had heard music when she had entered the cavern, which had to mean there was some sort of important something happening today. Only the most fabulous of events had music, or so the little green had come to understand. This might be an important day, some sort of celebration, and she didn't wish to be rude and crash it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:51 pm
((Couldn't resist after all. Hope I got the location right, I'm assuming their at the front cave mouth next to the sea?))

Neri had Alloth drop her off at the top of a hill. The uncommon heat called for a common hideaway of theirs, where usually a friend or two could be found, if the weather was nice. "Race you." she said grinning, taking off towards the ridge where the large cave lake lay below them, while her green literally took off behind her. Rather than slowing as she got to the precipice, Neri sped up, kicking off from the rock as hard as she could. She twisted in the air, looking back to see who was winning, though at the last moment she arched her back into a clean dive, followed a moment by her dragon, who had to be more careful.

The pool was deep, but not as deep as all that. And if she dove on at full speed, she would hit the bottom before she stopped. Neri had no such problem. She took a large breath as she finally broke back above the water's surface, looking around for Alloth. The green's head poked out of the water, but just her head, and just for a second.
What are you doing, silly? Neri laughed.
There's someone here. Alloth said shyly, although she hardly needed to tell her as the haunting melody of a violin began to echo through the cave. By 'someone' Alloth obviously meant someone they didn't know, otherwise she would've said their, and wouldn't be acting so shy. Besides, she didn't know anyone who played the violin like that. It was coming from the front of the cave, where it opened to the sea.. Neri turned her head that way, curiously.

"Let's go greet them!" she said cheerfully. Alloth gave her that long suffering 'must we?' look, but Neri just smiled through it. Alloth was paradoxically lonely for one who was surrounded by so many dragons. But she was bad at getting close to people, both shy and overbearing at the same time, somehow. Besides her clutchmates, and despite her efforts, she had failed to make very many friends within their small group. But there was nothing in the world that didn't get better with practice. And a stranger, one they are likely never to see again, seemed like the perfect opportunity to practice on.

In any case, there was nothing she wouldn't do for her rider, and Neri exploited this, if only ever for her own good. "I want to meet them." she told her dragon, feigning selfishness. "Whoever it is plays a beautiful violin. But if you'd rather not..."
No! Let's go see them. Alloth readily agreed, ever eager to please.

Smiling, Neri swam over, hooking one arm over her neck to hitch a ride as a single stroke of the dragon's large wings pulled both of them easily through the water. As they moved around the corner and into sight, Alloth dove, going back to hiding underwater, and Neri let go, treading water as she looked around the the source of the sound. Her eyes were still adjusting to the darker light of this larger (and more shaded) cave, so she swam over to the nearest rock face and just leaned her arm against it, listening.

Say hello, dear. she told Alloth.
H-hello. Alloth said, reaching out tentatively for the other dragon.

((Opps! I was working on that post so long, I missed poor Zayinth. sweatdrop Give me a sec and I'll edit it) Or.. meh))  

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:06 pm
With a sweep of his wings, Anzoth scanned the world below. His shoulders ached from the long flight across the ocean, his wings sore and his everything weary. The sight of other dragons below sent a momentary thrill through the blue dragon. Ch'balmine, look, others! Should we join them? Deep instinct told him to be near others of his kind, to put himself and his rider where they belong - In a Weyr. But prior experience had thus far tainted things, both seen as little more than Threadfodder. This group, though, didn't look like they were a proper Weyr. If anything, they looked like they were simply meeting up at random on a day clear of Thread.

Ch'bal looked down at the other dragons gathered. It looked a wondrous sight, an in-ground pool of water with dragons and other riders. It was also pleasantly warm, with no biting cold like he'd expect in a more northerly place. He let out a sigh, hoping they'd not get turned away again. Yeah, let's set down here for a while. If anything, we can sleep in one of the caves for a few days and be safe from Thread.

Anzoth let out a pleased bugle of greeting to the other dragons present and banked, heading for the ground. Even if they were ultimately turned away, surely they could have a few days rest here, right?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:17 pm
Tucked away in the deep recess of one of the tunnels off the main cavern, something stirred to the almost plaintive sounds of strings swaying and straining beneath a skilled hand and bow. Wrapped in darkness and shielded from the heat of the day, Efraath had been more than happy to spend his time curled bat-like around his dozing rider, and sleep on and off himself as well. Being woken by such an utterly unfamiliar noise (though his heart knew it, had known it from the rare times he ventured away from Efraath to some event or gather) did not do wonders for the churlish brown's attitude, but the fact that his rider somehow had managed to slumber on, oblivious and peaceful... He was not as furious as he would otherwise be.

With the utmost care and intimacy the brown extracted himself from the clutch of his person, finding his feet and slinking down to peer out the mouth of the tunnel. Of course there would be someone there, after all, but seeing them (and there was more than one 'them' to boot!) was a different story. The swooping entrance of yet another too? Ugh. It was swiftly growing too crowded. His rider slumbered on though, and perhaps... What instinct the speckled brown had to flock with his kind was weak compared to most. That did not make it nonexistent. And it didn't mean he'd be good company at all.

For now he simply stared, baleful orange eyes watching from the lip of the tunnel.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:50 pm
Mine, it is very hot, Mazamath informed her, as if she didn't know. Are you done yet?

Almost! she answered, tucking another sample of flora into the bag slung around her hips. Then she bent and plucked a bright flower to tuck behind her ear just because. It was hot, she had to admit, even stripped down to almost nothing, but she didn't mind. Adi would take being hot over being cold any day, no matter how much fun snowball fights were. Humming, she went back hunting for anything of interest or value, and Maz was content to watch for awhile longer. Until, watching the sky as His focused her attention closer to the ground, he glimpsed a familiar green shape in the air, and bugled in delight.

I think that was Alloth, Mine!
And there was a blue in the air as well, and though it wasn't one he recognized, it was still exciting. Old friends, new friends...he was happy to see them all! You can stay and pick flowers if you want, but I am going to go and see them. And swim. I would like that. The muscular blue surged up from where he'd been resting, strong beats of his wings lifting him into the air to glide towards the cove where the others were certainly headed, swooping down with a wordless, sing-song greeting.

"Hey!" she laughed after him, surprised not by his insistence but by his sudden departure. For once, it was Adi who was left to trail after her dragon, rather than the other way around, and the rarity of the situation wasn't lost on her. Big blue wherry, you're not supposed to leave me behind! she scolded with nothing but affection, scrambling her way after him.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:51 am
With Azrael's violin playing hauntingly through the caverns, Eldwinth was beginning to find himself dozing off, until he felt multiple dragons reach out to him. He would have smirked some, if he hadn't been caught drifting off, as it was he opened his eyes and lifted his head. This movement caught Azrael's eye, but he did not quit his playing, deciding to keep focused on that. Let Eldwinth socialize. There was a chance, depending upon the other dragons riders, that he might socialize as well, but it was a lot smaller.

Do not worry. There is no party here, my Azrael is just using the caverns as practice for the brooding music of his soul. A sour note was struck on the violin at those words which Eldwinth had sent to Zayinth and to his bonded. The brown chuckled, finding the annoyed look he was getting from Azrael amusing as the other tried to find his dignified composure and go back to playing his violin.

Attention was turned back to another presence and he thought he saw the head of a lovely green hiding slightly below the water. Eldwinth picked his head up then, craning his neck forward to try and see more of her. Hello lovely green. Why do you hide away? Eldwinth liked to believe he was intimidating but he never thought he was that scary, the children at the circus seemed to love crawling on him, to his dismay.

Masterharper

DruidTigeress

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:10 am
Zayinth watched in amazement as dragons suddenly started to descend upon the place. She almost wondered if Eldwinth was no mistaken in his comment that there was no party; it seemed as if everyone had suddenly decided to show up, including Alloth! Oh, oh she knew her! But everyone else was a mystery. She felt the presence of others, but was almost overwhelmed by being surrounded by so many new dragons.

"Are you just going to stand here all day, pet? I would like to get off, you know." T'sal teased, staring at his green's precarious perch on the ledge. She wasn't quite on it, having hung from its side, just in case she needed to leap off and away. He couldn't remove himself, or her straps, until she picked a better perch.

There are many here now, Mine. Many I don't know.

Then get to know them! I'm sure they won't bite. They're going to love you. He promised, sending his green a nice wave of support and assurance. Nobody could dislike his sweetheart. She was a doll, as far as T'sal was concerned, and utterly perfect. She deserved the best of the best, and if she wanted friends, than he would make sure she got them. One way or another.

The green did finally hop onto the ledge, and allowed her rider to dismount. It didn't take too long for T'sal to free his lady of her straps and he waved her off. "Go, have fun! Let me get set up here and I'll join you for a swim soon. Promise" It had been some time since he'd been around so many foreign dragons, he was curious to meet some of their riders. Were they from the Weyr or traders like himself? He was quick to remove his riding gear, and was in much more appropriate beach clothing. Things he wouldn't mind getting wet and dirty. If he'd known there would be a slew of them, he would have brought more wine.

Zayinth, for her part, did finally creep from her ledge. She dove into the cool waters, giving her wings a good stretch beneath the water, before popping up to the surface. She continued to look around, but did reach back out to Eldwinth. His brooding and soulful music is very delightful. It gives the caves a pleasant ambiance. You must be very proud. So what if the ambiance was almost haunting. It wasn't often she got to listen to harpers, for surely that must be what this rider happened to be.

As more and more dragons arrived, Zayinth allowed herself to move to the edge of the great pool. She sent out gentle, if not shy, surge of welcome and greeting to each of the strangers as the entered. Hello, hello. So nice to see you all! Her blue-yellow gaze did think they caught an orange an baleful gaze of another, hidden deeper into the caverns. She also reached out to greet that one, not wanting any dragon here to feel left out or overlooked. Even if he was hidden away, a friendly greeting never hurt, right?

Hello, there. Were you here first? Did we disturb you? Oh, she hoped not.

To Alloth, the green's welcome was slightly more relaxed. Alloth! I did not expect to see you here today, but am glad of it I hope you and yours are well!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:11 pm
Oh no, he found me. Alloth said, pulling the top of her jeweled head under the water's dark surface again shyly, though Neri got the feeling she was actually having fun too.
Of course he did, silly love. she laughed. You should talk to him.

But though she wanted to make her rider happy, Alloth didn't have the first idea what to say. Fortunately, several distractions were arriving at once to give her time to think. First there was the new blue to arrive. Another stranger. But not wanting to be impolite, Alloth's head popped back up just long enough to give a small timid bugle in return before ducking back under the water.

Then there were two lovely, familiar faces. Mazamath! she greeted cheerfully. We were hoping you might be here! And Zayinth, what a lovely surprise. How are you and Yours? We are quite well. It's so lovely and cool down here, don't you think? Bolstered by her friends presence, Alloth gave up hiding and surfaced, though still ducked her head back towards her wings a little shyly. She still didn't know what to say, but luckily Neri was there to help her out.

Tell him his rider plays a lovely violin. she said, pulling herself out of the water and turning to sit on the cold black stone. She looked around the cavern, distracted from her previous search as she tried to spot Adi somewhere in the gloom. Since Alloth said Mazamath was here..

Hello. she started, forgetting that she'd said this already. She skipped over the question and went on, Oh.. Your rider is very talented. Mine is enjoying listening to his music.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:46 pm
The brown, eyes followed the searching glances of the one green, locking briefly as she seemed to spot him. Yes. And yes. His eyes glazed slightly redder as he bluntly accused the lot if them of waking him. His mental tendril towards B'tar told him that his rider slumbered still, however, so back to a brownish, muddy orange they went. At least the green had been polite enough to say hello, though he'd rather have remained hidden from the lot of them.

He pulled himself a little further up the tunnel, wings flaring to fill the space his body did not take up before relaxing from his stretch. How...cute. The other green was a coward, ducking about as if she expected to be driven out. Admittedly the thought had crossed his mind, but...The sight of dragons interacting was strange. He'd met one or two in his roaming, but it had been his weyrling days when last Efraath had seen so many together as there were now. It was a shame that he'd no doubt come to consider this hiding hole second-rate at best, now, too well known to be properly hidden, but seeing them all enjoy it...to his immense displeasure he found he couldn't begrudge them the urge to cool off and relax.

...Who are you? He eventually rumbled, still fixated on Zayinth. If the rest bothered to say hello, then maybe he'd decide they were worth his attention. And is it your human making all that strange noise? He couldn't decide if he liked it or not, not without the subconscious filter of opinion B'tar usually provided.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:15 pm
Pride swelled through Eldwinth as he heard Zayinth's words, saying that his bonded's music was beautiful. He sent that pride to Azrael who did his best to ignore it some, though it did go to his head a bit as well. To hear such things always stroked his ego and he had to admit that knowing Eldwinth was proud of him made things even better. He believes his music is his own redeeming quality. Was he saying a bit too much about his bonded? He didn't feel like he was, but Azrael felt as much though he didn't say anything. Eldwinth kept speaking to Zayinth at the moment. I am Eldwinth and my bonded is Azrael. What is your name, pretty green?

The sight of the other green appearing more out of the water had Eldwinth sent a tendril of happiness to her. She was just as beautiful as the other one, and it appeared as if they knew one another as well. She reached out to him again as well and he did the same once more. Hello lovely. Eldwinth always did seem to have a thing for greens more then he did golds. Please tell your bonded that she may come and speak to him if she wishes. He could use a couple of more friends.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:16 pm
Sitting on the cold cave floor, Neri wrapped her arms around herself and shivered a little. Despite how hot the day was, it was actually quite cool here in the shade, with the wet clothes she hadn't bothered to take off before jumping in the water clinging to her skin.

A moment later, a large jeweled green emerged from the water and coiled herself around her rider, pressing her warm flank against Neri's side. The seacrafter smiled warmly. "Thank you, love." she said, just happy Hers was no longer hiding. "But you should go play with your friends." She rubbed her green's neck affectionately, looking across to where Zayinth and Mazamath had gathered in the pool near the mystery Brown. Alloth looked over at them too, trilling happily. She could actually be quite sociable when she was with friends. It was just meeting new people that always frightened her.

I will. she assured her, eyes spinning sweetly. He says you should go talk to his rider too. she added with a nudge of her nose. She had gotten a general sense of the location of the rider, and sent the image to Neri, before diving back into the water towards the brown and her friends.

Sliding back into the pool, Neri dropped under the surface of the lake and kicked off from the side of the rock face, gliding through the water towards the other side of the lake. She surface a few meters from the direction of the music and swam the last few strokes towards the water's edge. She couldn't see the man clearly in the dark cavern, but she didn't dare move any closer for fear he'd stop playing if he noticed her.

Folding her arms on the stone, she continued treading water as she listened to the song. She didn't want to disturb him until he'd finished the song, but she wouldn't mind talking to him as her dragon suggested. Though she had many close friends that she was grateful for, life on the sea didn't give many opportunities for meeting new ones. She laid her head against the crook of her elbow and just listened. Maybe one day she would be a truly rich sea captain and could hire a musician just to play for her like this on the journeys.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:54 am
DruidTigeress

ShinosBee

BastetAmun

((Sorry for the delay! I had been waiting to give Meepfur a chance to respond but figure no sense in waiting or holding this up any longer.))

The green dragon sent a fond wave of friendliness over to Alloth. She was glad that the other green had shown up, and her eyes whirled a bright happy blue-green. She didn't know who Mazamath was, but the fact that there were new dragons all over at this hidden pool made the little green's heart glow. Maybe they would want to be her friend. Maybe they would all get to play together, and enjoy the cool waters on such a hot day.

Oh, Alloth, Mine and I are quite well! The water is such a nice change from the heat outside, and it's even better shared with friends.

Friends, just like, maybe, possibly, this hidden and secretive brown. Whoever he was, he definitely didn't seem particularly amicable, but Zayinth wasn't going to let that deter her. At least. . . at least not really. On the one hand, she understood being grumpy if a bunch of strangers appeared out of no where and woke him up or spoiled his alone time. On the other hand, she was concerned about not being welcoming and inclusive, even if he seemed a little grumpy.

When Elwinth introduced himself, the green's eyes turned a happy and bright shade of blue-green. It pleased her that the stranger was speaking to her, and even more pleased that he had thought to call her pretty. She knew she was a simple colored green, but it had been some time since she was complimented freely. It is good to meet you and Yours, Eldwinth. I'm Zayinth, and Mine has food and wine to share with all. I believe he's heading towards Alloth's and yours to say hello. I had hoped for a swim, but never thought we'd be so entertained by such fine playing. And it was quite fine music.

Turning her neck back towards the shadowed figure, her eyes whirled a bit quicker. My name is Zayinth, and Mine is actually headed towards the source of the music. Is it upsetting you? She didn't know who the brown was, but figured she could inform her rider if the music was upsetting the brown. While she didn't find it offensive, not everyone was known to appreciate the finer thing in life... or so her rider liked to say.

T'sal, for his part, didn't take too long to make his way over the cool and damp stones. He had a towel draped over a shoulder, and his satchel of snacks and wine over the other. He spotted Neri first, and while the music was louder, he wasn't going to enter the cavern uninvited. Instead, he moved to the ledge of the cavern mouth, and sat down on the lip of the pool. He let his legs settle in the water, which was quite cool and refreshing. "Fancy a drink with the music, Neri?" He greeted amicably. There was no sense in interrupting the musician, after all, whoever they were. Once they quit playing he could properly offer them some wine, too.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:43 am
The little green hadn't even finished speaking before Efraath had slid down from the mouth of the cavern, unwinding from his rider (though he kept a firm mental link to be sure he'd not roused him at all by moving) to slip into the water with a low splash. beneath the surface he was little more than a dark blob, drifting closer with two pinpricks of muddy orange light poking out of the gloom.

Zayinth. He seemed to be half tasting the name. when last had he spoken to another dragon? The urge to join them had been sudden, and he was unused to restraining himself from doing whatever he liked in the moment the thought to do it came over him. With a swish and a splash he swam to the green's side, breaking the surface to peer past her towards the point this 'music' was coming from. So many others. He did not like them. He did not like being away from His B'tar. But he was...curious. No. Not upsetting.

He fixed the other brown with a baleful eye. He didn't much care for any dragons larger than him, but at least it wasn't some high-and-mighty bronze. With a snort he glanced back at Zayinth. You're weyr dragons. It was more an assumption than a question, and almost an accusation too. Were they planning to turn this little cavern into a new weyr? Well, he'd have none of that if it seemed so.  
[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff