[PRP] What a Nice Weyr You Have (Fi'o/Norna) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:50 am
Flights - especially lost Flights - were a pain in the a**, and one of the many perks of not living in a Weyr was how rarely she had to deal with them.  The blurring of lines between herself and her dragon, the surges of lust, and at the end of it the sheer desperation to just not be alone.  Fi'o had all but given up looking for the goldrider's weyr, but that last desperate urge of Ivanhoth's to be with someone, anyone, hit her hard, had her reaching and grabbing for the nearest willing body.  In the midst of a goldflight, thank Faranth, they were never in short supply.  Less readily available was privacy, but at some point they had ducked in somewhere, to no protest that she could remember.  Maybe it was even the weyr of the woman she'd latched onto, conveniently close.  She hadn't spared it any thought at the time, preoccuppied with wet clothes and rain-cooled skin flushing warm with heated kisses.

Weyrless or no, waking up in an unfamiliar place was...not unfamiliar.  The bed was a nice one, though, she appreciated as she cracked open her eyes, daring only the slightest of stretches so as not to disturb her partner.  If Fi'o had had less compunction, she'd be trying to slip out now, no 'good morning' and certainly no 'goodbye,' but she wasn't the type, even if sticking around was risky.  Bleary eyes looked from the woman beside her to the room, and - s**t, there was a dragon staring at them that wasn't hers.  Well, okay, her dragon was staring, too, but she was used to that.  Not so much to the white one.

You are awake! Ivanhoth crowed happily. Look, Cheruth, they are awake! Well, Mine is. Is Yours yet? The brown thrummed and nuzzled at the smaller dragon.

demon_pachabel
Ive is super-chatty. And probably tried for cuddles if she didn't object.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:37 am
She'd stopped in to share some weather pattern information she'd been accumulating and had only lingered at the Weyr because she'd seen the clouds forming in the sky. Cheruth had, quite frankly, not protested in the least. They were in a nice, safe, dry place and - and then a gold had risen and all bets of staying dry were out the window. Cheruth, personally, had not understood why everybody lost their minds in the moment. But Norna had wandered off out into the rain (after what? Mine! Mine come back! Oh, oh, oh!) and had put up very few complaints as she was seized. Kisses and touches and warmth was to be enjoyed, after all.

It was Cheruth's nervous tittering that had caused Norna to stir, stretching out contentedly in the strange bed that was very much not the one she'd left. She half opened her eyes to actually take in the woman beside her, offering a tired smile and an open-and-closing of fingers wave with her non-mangled hand. "'morning. That was pretty fun," she practically hummed.

Oh, oh, oh. y-You're awake! n-n-n-Norna! You w-wandered off w-without a w-warning and I w-was scared... Cheruth said, practically tucked under Ivanhoth's wing for comfort at this point and leaning into the physical comfort the brown offered her. While it had initially been a panicked introduction, it had taken approximately 15 minutes for the white to just tuck herself underneath him and accept that he was now her hiding place. Cuddles had definitely happened.

My n-Norna is up now too, Ivanhoth. she confirmed, tucking her head up against his chest. In Norna's eyes, she looked like an image of beauty right there. But her white had always been an image of beauty to her. Good morning, love. I see you made a friend.

Meepfur
Cheruth would have accepted cuddles because she's a nervous beast but he's obviously friendly and they're both there anyways XD

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:17 pm
"Mornin'," Fi'o echoed in a sleep-hoarse drawl, pleased that her partner seemed...pleased. Flights could be tricky things, set people halfway to mindless, and not everyone was always quite so happy in the morning as they had been in the moment. Faranth help her, she'd've felt a wretch if her new friend was one of those. Fortunately, though, all seemed to be well, and she allowed herself a smile and a real stretch, accompanied by the softly satisfying pop of joints that went with the motion. That always helped her to feel more awake and ready, although there was nothing in particular she needed to be ready for right this moment. Maybe in the next, or the one after, but for now she could enjoy the warmth of company and the comfort of what she had to admit was a very nice bed. "I was thinkin' the same thing, myself. Not what I expected outta my night, but I'll take it."

Hello, Cheruth's! Good morning! Hello! Ivanhoth interjected cheerfully as soon as his new friend confirmed that her rider was awake, eyes whirling in the happiest of colors. He had a friend, and His had a friend, and this was perfect! Just perfect! They almost never had mornings this perfect in Bitra, or friends so nice. There were not nearly enough dragons in Bitra, and none he knew that wanted his company. Now that he did have company, the brown thrummed with happiness to have the much smaller dragon tucked up against him. He felt so big, so special!

"Oi, Ive, I think she got it the first time y'said hello," Fi'o pointed out with an amused snort. "Sorry. Like an overgrown puppy, that one. 'm Fi'o, by the way. Don't think we ever actually got to names." Her smile split into a grin that happened to be missing a tooth.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:55 pm
Norna grinned right back - hers also missing at least part of a tooth - as she cuddled right into the bed. It was a really nice bed and really, if nobody was there trying to kick them out, she wasn't about to protest it. Especially when it had a comfortably warm body to cuddle up to - which Norna readily did. Hey, she'd already had a rather fun night with F'io, she wasn't about to be too prudish to want more. "I try to not plan too much. Makes it more fun." Norna nodded as she spoke, wrapping the bedding around herself like a content caterpillar.

Ivanhoth's cheerful morning greeting made Norna laugh. "Good morning, friend. Seems like you and Cheruth are getting along great," the young woman eyed the pair, clearly pleased. Cheruth was an easily startled creature, but her need for her rider outweighed everything else. The little white didn't rumble with the same contentedness that her brown friend did, but her almost permanently yellow eyes did allow some green to seep in and for once in her little life, she hadn't immediately scrambled to join hers once she was sure the woman was awake. g-Good m-m-morning, Ivanhoth's.... the white stammered, kreeling nervously and just pushing herself further up against her new friend/safe spot.

"Hey, I'll take overly friendly. Cheruth is like a wherry running from the hunt if someone's even slightly too mean. I'm honestly surprised she's not just curled up around the bed." Norna admitted and Cheruth suddenly eyed the bed as if wondering if that was still an option. But she was warm and Ivanhoth was nice. "Nice t'meechta, F'io. I'm Norna. Anybody ever tell you that you're very pretty?"

Whoop, just like that.

Meepfur
Norna is very forward.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:57 am
The mirrored grin only widened Fi'o's, deciding in those first moments of wakefulness that she liked Norna - broken tooth, scars, all of it.  This was a woman she could really appreciate (and had, in point of fact).  Fi'o hadn't been clear-headed enough that she could call it a choice, as such, but Flight-addled her still had good taste.  She was more than happy to be cuddled up to...maybe not as hummingly enthusiastic as her dragon, but she definitely had no objections, and hooked one arm loosely around the cocooned whiterider. "Who needs plans, mm?  I can see the appeal."

Ivanhoth turned his head and tucked it under his own wing to better nuzzle at the white nestled there, crooning fondness and reassurances. It's alright, Mine is nice!  Mostly.  Well, sometimes.  She's nice if she likes you!  And she likes Yours, yes, and I like you and she will like you.  Won't you, Mine? Now that everyone was awake he didn't hesitate to include everyone in his chatter.  He wasn't shy to begin with, and now that he was abuzz with the excitement of suddenly new friends, he was going to make the most of this opportunity to socialize.

"Good to know you're as overconfident 'bout character as ever, Ive." Fi'o rolled her eyes. "Well, if it gets a bother, don't be shy about tellin' 'im to leave off.  You won't hurt his feelings, he's good about it." He could be a little more sensitive about what she said, since it was more personal coming from her, so she had to remind herself sometimes to tone it down, but she'd rarely seen him honestly upset by something anyone else said to him. "Ive used to be that clingy when he was little.  He can make it a few hours now, though, before he wigs out about not being able to see me." From her dry tone, she wasn't necessarily impressed, but it was an improvement, at least.

At Norna's next statement, she couldn't help but laugh - a loud, surprised burst. "No, I can honestly say they haven't, but I know better than to argue taste."

demon_pachabel
Fi'o is very amused (but not displeased).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:45 am
"My only plan is I'm stealing breakfast at some point," Norna admitted, but that was more of an expected progression of the morning from any person who was up bright and squirrely in the morning. She watched the two dragons, tilting her head with amusement. "I'm glad Cheruth is having what looks to be a good time. She's a bundle of nerves, that one," though it was teasing, it was lovingly teasing and Cheruth perked as the wave of affection was sent her way, trilling towards the two women.

F'io's description of her brown's clinginess made Norna laugh. Oh, if she didn't know that neediness all too well. "If my dear little Cheruth hadn't made such a good friend, she would have been wrapped around the bed with her head in my lap when we woke up. Love her, but I think she can maybe last 4 minutes, best." Norna obviously wasn't bragging, but from the loving way she spoke of her white it seemed as though she was somewhat less bothered by the behaviour.

a-are you upset I'm over here, n-Nornamine? i-i-I can s-still come to you.... the white didn't immediately move, however, nudging her nose against Ivanhoth's when he crooned back at her. She was in a good, good spot.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:15 pm
"That's a plan I can get behind," Fi'o remarked appreciatively. She was, in all honesty, not usually up in the morning, unless you counted still being awake when the early hours of the morning arrived. Such was the nature of her employment. "Ive's thrilled. Not many dragons in Bitra these days, and none real friendly. It's mostly the antisocial ones stayed outta the Weyrs, I guess." The brownrider grinned again, glancing over at her bonded, little white all tucked up against his dark hide. She often wondered just how and why she'd attracted such a ridiculously friendly dragon.

Because you are myFi'o and I love you! It was always some version of that vague assurance when she asked. He huffed out a contented breath when the white nosed his nose. I am glad that you and Yours were here. Home is nice but it is lonely.

"And here I thought Ive was bad." Fi'o chuckled and shook her head fondly. "'Specially since he's long past the days his head could fit in my lap."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:13 pm
Oof, Bitra. Kind of a rough part of town, but really Norna was in no position to judge such decisions - she was technically a Weyr Ditcher, after all. "Can't say we go too close to Bitra myself. Even the smallest of stressful situations sends my little lady running," it was an unfortunate truth, so Cheruth didn't seem to take it too personally. Instead she just nervously tucked her head under Ivanhoth's wing. He was very warm and very nice and she was very, very, happy to be there. "We've met a few friendly dragons here and there though, so they're definitely out there."

t-there may b-be nice dragons out th-th-there, Nornamine, b-but th-there is a-a-a-lso-so-so-so th-Thread. Cheruth reminded and Norna found the score on her back seeming to ache with extra fervor to remind her it existed. Thread was so bad and it made the little white practically vibrate with fear to even talk about it.

y-You are very good, Ivanhoth. I will b-be s-s-s-ad w-when y-you and y-yours have to leave. she kreeled somewhat sadly at the notion.

"It's been a while since she got to spend some quality time with a nice dragon that didn't just rumble her away. She'll be heartbroken for weeks."

Meepfur
Wow, I didn't see this 'til right now :V. I have this mental picture in my head that Cheruth scampered into Ive because of thunder XDD

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:11 am
"I'd say it's not so bad, but.. it's Bitra," Fi'o said with a chuckle. "Beats Nabol by a league, but still more'n it's share of rough types. Not that you'll hear me complainin'." She did, after all, count herself among those rough sorts, and there was plenty of evidence that she was right to: missing tooth, twice-broken nose, and plenty of scars that were definitely not Thread. "Could've found a friendlier place to settle, I s'pose, but wouldn't have much of a job then."

You are very good too, Cheruth, Ivanhoth crooned affectionately, and would have pulled her in even closer were she not already tucked tightly up against him. And I will be sad, too. He sighed and extended a hopeful thought to His, previously blue tinged with pitiful gray. Could we not stay awhile, myFi'o? It is very nice here, and Cheruth and Hers are very nice.

And here came the guilt trip. Fi'o groaned. "He'll be just the same."

Her adorable, pathetic little brown, who was usually content with being admired and fussed over at the entertainment house, was suddenly filled with a deep longing to stay. Shaffing Weyrs. Sharding Flights. Now what was she going to do with him?

demon_pachabel
Ive would definitely not have minded. "smol fren!! I will protect you! (or at least keep you dry-ish)"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:42 am
Nabol. Nobody with their sense about them would go near the place if they could help it. Norna had certainly made a point about avoiding the hold like the plague by reputation alone, at least.

"Well, if it keeps ya busy, may as well. Two of us track weather and Thread all over th'place so it's a little easier I guess," Norna nodded into F'io's side. Not that Cheruth was particularly thrilled about it, but it made it easier to just sort of...show up after thread had already passed by and settle in an area for a time.

As Ivanhoth began his appeals, Cheruth doubled up hers upon Norna, kreeling sadly at the woman who ran her good hand up her face, laughing. b-But it's nice h-h-here, Nornamine! d-d-d-don't y-you like th-th-the nice bed? the white asked and Norna finally pointed out what was fairly obvious at least to her;

"Cheruth, sweetie, I do like the bed but I'm fairly certain whoever's weyr this is would like their weyr back before too long." it clearly wasn't hers OR F'io's. Whoops.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:20 pm
"Huh, now that's a helpful thing," the brownrider observed, rather impressed by the notion. She couldn't say that the idea of someone actually flying about tracking weather had ever really occurred to her. Weather was just...well, weather. And tracking Thread? Now that was quite a job. "Far sight more impressive than loomin' over unruly sorts."

So. This weyr was not hers, clearly, and evidently not Norna's either. Fi'o couldn't help the rough bark of laughter that escaped. "Begs the question, who did we boot outta their weyr? Who let us boot 'em out?" She snorted. "That's awfully hospitable, but they probably would like it back."

There are probably other weyrs that don't belong to anyone yet, with ledges and everything! And even if they are short on space, Cheruth is small and I'm not big either, we could share! Ivanhoth supplied helpfully to all parties present, quite proud of this brilliant solution to both of the current predicaments. They could all stay and it would be so nice!

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:11 pm
Norna shrugged. "I just do it for us, really. If I keep good records I can trade with the Weyrs. It was the only reason we were settled up here for all the...." she woman swirled her finger in a circle in a lop-sided indication of the entire place, "festivities last night. Definitely a bad night for a Flight but their clutch will determine how well it turned out, I guess." Norna wouldn't be there to watch.

She looked over the room, nodding slowly. It wasn't an unfortunate looking room, and based on it's proximity to the ground level, experience said 'someone important'. She didn't share, however. "I definitely wouldn't be so nice as to let flight-lusted visitors borrow my bed, that's for sure." Norna laughed. Cheruth didn't seem so delighted.

i-i-I w-w-w-ouldn't be against sh-sh-sharing! l-Look how small w-w-w-we are! Cheruth appealed in turn, trying to shrink even more into the browns side and kreeling at her bonded. See? Happy white? Safe place? Sure they'd have to fight Thread, but Cheruth found that would be such a small sacrifice for her peace of mind!

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:52 pm
"We just came to pick up one of the girls, got Searched a couple sevendays ago. Didn't expect candidacy t'be so much work." Her deep-throated chuckle held no sympathy for the young woman in question. "Called that one right off, and I'm owed some marks for bein' right." Yesterday, marks or no, she'd not been thrilled to have to come and collect Akaris from the Weyr, and less thrilled still when they'd still been around for Vimiath to Rise...but all things considered, it hadn't turned out so bad. Trouble now was going to be getting Ive to leave. Clingy b*****d, he wasn't going to let that white go if he could help it. And could she blame him? As she'd said herself, friendly dragons were few and far between in Bitra.

"Right awful night for a Flight," she agreed. "Seems daft to me, risk getting yourself and your boys fried. Would it've killed 'er to wait a few hours?"

"Takes a special level of kindness I know I haven't got. If we suss out who's it is, we should send a 'thank you.' What you get for that occasion, though, I haven't got the faintest." It was delightfully awkward, and Fi'o was shamelessly amused. "Mayhap we should get to stealin' breakfast so they can get someone in to clean." Not that they had made a mess, per se, but she'd sure as shaff be wanting new linens if a couple strangers had been tumbling around in her bed.

Ivanhoth 'hugged' the white closer with his wing, making with a plaintive sound and puppy-dog eyes. We can be very small, and very good!

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:05 pm
"Wonder if that kind of thing has an effect on the babies. High Reaches had a relatively calm hatching not too long back. Couple of the hatchlings fought, but besides that...." there had only been maiming of candidates that as far as Norna was concerned, were absolutely daft to not get out of the way. She knew perfectly well about getting out of the way. She'd left her candidacy the way she was for those very reasons. "Probably for the better, then. Just get a really nice picture of me next time someone considers it. Stood a few times and got chewed on for it." Norna pointedly wiggled the fingers she still had on her non-dominant hand then grinned her slightly-toothless grin again.

"I dunno. Send 'em something nice?" What was considered nice? She had weather pattern guides and that was about it. "What do people like, anyways? Like, do I just..." Norna looked around the weyr with a shrug. "Guess based on what they keep in here? I have some paper, we could write a thank you note and maybe a 'sorry we took over your bed'?"

She'd have to pull such things out of Cheruth's pouches, however, and the white was very content where she was, thank you very much. The two dragons were likely going to keep making pleading eyes for some time if Norna didn't speak up, at least. "We could always just go visit in Bitra, Cheruth dear." she suggested to the white. It clearly wasn't what she wanted. b-b-But w-w-we're already h-h-here!!

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:50 am
"Did they? A hatchling fight's not so bad, couple of Ive's clutchmates got into it pretty good, smacked into some poor sod probably still has trouble walking." If Fi'o didn't sound very sympathetic, well, it was a long time ago, and the candidate in question had stood gaping instead of hauling a** like everyone with any sense. Norna, at least, didn't seem torn up by the incident that had lost her those fingers, if the grin was any indication. "I only stood the once," she indicated her brown with a jerk of her head, "Got held back from the one before his."

She stretched again, a reluctant prelude to moving from the very comfortable bed that was very much not theirs. "Something alcoholic, maybe?" she puzzled, casting a cursory glance around the room, then added with an amused huff, "New bedclothes?"

"Y'could." The woman nodded to the possibility of visits, although Ivanhoth was unconvinced.

Visits are good, but here is better! he agreed with his pale companion. I don't think Cheruth would like Bitra.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces