Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Li Cabin Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:26 pm
Li Cabin

User Image
(Without so many trees)

This is the home of Verine, Elmond and Sonora Li, located outside of Winchester, England.

The home is a large cabin-structure at the right and end of Martins Fields. To the south, Verine’s personal garden is set between the cabin and the house next door. There are a few strange plants with magical properties, but there are slight concealment charms that make them look like normal flowers. Tall trees around the area offer small semblance of privacy. To the north the windows overlook fields of sheep and farmland. Like modern muggle houses, it is primarily powered by electricity, although it is linked to the Floo Network.

Verine and Elmond occupy the master bedroom below street level. Sona’s room is in the loft, behind the bookcases. August currently occupies the guest room connected to the main floor.

Muggle Address: 274 Martins Fields, Winchester, SO21 2
Muggle phones exist
Muggle post arrives down the street

Floo Adress: "Adverb Cabin"
Apparation should be to the backyard. There are muggles about.
Owls welcome

Floor layout

User Image

User ImagexUser ImagexUser Image
Living Space (and upstairs loft), kitchen, desk area,

User ImagexUser ImagexUser Image
bathroom, guest room, back porch

User Imagex User Image
Below street level: Master bedroom (without the window), In the loft: Sona’s room

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:29 pm
Residents:

VERINE WINCHESTER: Home / Potioneer Office / Compton End Gardens
ELMOND LI: Home / Hotel / South Downs Park
SONORA LI: Home / Hogwarts / out exploring

AUGUST LI: Here / Hogwarts / Scarborough

WHISPER : Sleeping / Eating / Chirping
CHARLIE ACE: Sleeping / Eating / Squawking AT YOU  

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:31 pm
User Image

• Whisper, a very old parakeet, perches primarily along the kitchen counter, twittering occasionally; she’ll fly over to the piano if anyone starts playing it.
  • Charlie Ace Squawk, an obnoxious monk parrot that responds to the name Squawk by asking for crackers: “Squawk wanna cracker? Squawk wanna cracker?” If given a cracker, he replies “Hello friend!” “Friend wanna cracker? Hello friend!”. Will actually give the cracker back, but will also ask for another immediately.
  • Languages spoken include English, Mandarin Chinese, and the occasional bit in random other languages.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:40 pm
AUGUST LIxxx || xxx♪♫ SONORA LI

second year Slytherinxx||xxthird year Ravenclaw

Daily Dragon writer, Language clubxx||xxMusic Club, Quidditch reserve seeker, Dueling club

setting Home, Early August 2043
with each other, Verine, birds

This summer, at least, Sonora had actually written letters to her friends. And now, Jonah and Vespera were coming over for a weeklong sleepover! It was sure to be an exciting week: Tomorrow her mom was going to take them to her office briefly and then they’d stock up for the upcoming year at Diagon Alley. They’d have a few hours to read ahead for school every day, but her dad would be taking them on a hike one day, and Granda and Grandma were going to be over another day to fold dumplings for dinner together.

[“Can you not pace back and forth?”] August noted from the couch, his nose buried in his notes from last year. He’d been back for exactly two nights and was already in full-on studying mode all day, grumbling about how he had lost a lot of time being entirely disconnected from the wizarding world for the first half of summer. He’d taken her History of Magic textbook and was already adding his own notes to the margins. [”If you’re insisting I play with you all later then I need at least finish reviewing last year’s stuff.”]

”Sona, come help me put lunch on the table,” Verine called, sensing her nephew’s meaning even if she only understood part of the words. ”Tan can watch the fireplace himself,” she added when August popped his head up, thinking she actually wanted help in the kitchen.

Sona hurried over, but still glanced up every so often between making sandwiches, watching for fireplace to flare green and her friends to step through. The cabin was cleaned up neatly enough, and there was only a couch and beanbag blocking the back between the dining table and fireplace. The moment they came, she’d be over to welcome them, offer them lunch, introduce her mom, pester them about how the summer had been--especially Jonah. She’d been worried about how he was taking the divorce and just hoping this week would be a reprieve if not something fun? Maybe not a topic for lunch. Maybe she ought not bring it up at all--he’d say something if he wanted to.

In any case, Sonora would be running over to greet them as soon as they got there, and even August would set his notes aside to greet them politely and properly--that is, unless Charlie Ace Squawk, resident parrot, didn’t reach them first.

August's status Just let me get through one more page...
Sonora's status friends are coming!

Trickblues

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:49 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageThird Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." ▬▬

Vespera was throughly excited, she was going to spend the week with Sona AND Jonah, and unfortunately August. She had enough of August during the school year, sharing a common room with him and what not, but alas that could not be avoided. Vespera hadn't seen her friends for the entire summer and when she received a note with Sona's floo address, Vespera bounced with excitement. She had heard about Jonah's parents being divorced, from Rion, but she hadn't gotten to talk to Jonah about it. She hoped that he was doing alright. He had to be okay, if he wasn't, then how would she ever finally tell him how she felt. She wanted him to know, even if he was gay.

Vespera arrived out of the floo into the Li Cabin, and fell hitting her face on the floor ever so gracefully. She stood up and brushed herself off, and saw August. "Aw, little Auggie. Re-reading last year's lessons, or getting ahead on this year? You're such a dork. Maybe you should have been in Ravenclaw, I could use a third slave." She grinned, and looked around, seeing Sona in the kitchen. "SONORA!!!" she squealed, running to her friend and hugging her. "I've missed you so much! It's so boring with just me and Mum! I need my wizarding friends to keep me company and from dying of boredom." She made this comment, only realizing afterwards she had said it. Good thin Jonah wasn't here yet,if he was BOY would he tell her off for not getting in touch with her old muggle friends.

▬▬ "Even if that walk happens at three in the morning with your best friends." ▬▬

Where: Li Cabin!
With Whom: Adda! and the Dork of a cousin
Thinking about: My friends! And at a decent time of day!
Vespera Description: Short 4'5", blond hair, green eyes and obvious loss of tan from previous years.
Wearing: dark blue shirt, tan shorts
OOC:

addaellis

trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:34 pm
User Image
User Image
Make my way through the motions, I try to ignore it
But home's looking farther the closer I get
Don't know why I can't see the end, is it over yet?
A short leash and a short fuse don't match
They tell me it ain't that bad
Now don't you overreact
So I just hold my breath, don't know why
I can't see the sun when young should be fun (fun)

JONAH CASTOR LANE
Half-BloodRavenclawThird Year BeaterThirteen Years OldThe Daily Dragon

» Summer 2044 » Adverb Cabin » With: Sona, August, Vespera, Verine
» Wearing: Striped Shirt, Jeans, Brown Shoes, Beanie [x] » Status: Glad to get away for a while

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Jonah had been ecstatic when Sonora had invited him over through her letter. He missed his friends, absolutely, but he’d be lying if he wasn’t even more excited about the prospect of ditching unpacking at the new-but-not-really house. A week with friends before school was plenty of time to procrastinate, and then they’d be back to Hogwarts, and maybe he could just avoid unpacking altogether to make his message to Mum perfectly clear that he certainly did not want to, nor had any intention, of spending any amount of time in Godric’s Hollow, ever.

A good few minutes after Vespera arrived Jonah floo in behind her, his own landing much less clumsy as he crouched to pass through the fireplace. “Mornin’." He greeted as he moved to take a sip from his thermos, only to pause, puzzled to find it was missing. With a small huff he stepped back, shoving his hand back into the fireplace to catch his thermos just in time as it finally caught up to the rest of him. He knew he was a tad late, but even his coffee was lagging behind? How silly.

The sounds of hastened footsteps caught his attention and Jonah made a point to set his coffee aside to the nearest surface available, turning back just in time to catch Sonora in a death-grip hug, lifting her just off her feet to spin her a couple times with a laugh. Sonoraaa!! Ugh, I missed you so much!” He sat her back down and with a smirk he waved his hand over their heads, motioning to compare their heights. “Hey, would you look at that? I’m finally catching up with you.” Sure, there had never been more than two inches between them since he’d met her, but it was nice to finally have reached the same height over their weeks apart. He couldn’t help but hope that this time next year he’d finally get his growth spurt and pass Sonora right up once and for all.

It was then that he noticed August with his nose buried in a book. ‘Did Sona mention August being here…?’ Not that it was an issue, Jonah actually quite liked working with him in the newspaper, but he couldn’t really recall if she had brought it up before, come to think of it. Clearly he seemed like he was busy, so Jonah chose to greet him with an apologetic smile and wave, not wanting to disturb him further. He caught sight of Vespera and perked up, clearly reminded of something as he reached into his back pocket. “Hey Ves, I have something for you!” He waved the plain red envelope in his hand signaling for her to come get it, and would pull her into a one-armed embrace once she took the bait. “Tell Rion to stop making me his postman though, okay?” He rolled his eyes when he handed the letter over. “He just chucked it at me when I was leaving all, ‘Get this to Veronica!’ and yeah, I know, don’t even get me started on the name.” Explaining that his brother had decided to tease him over recent weeks by nicknaming him and his two best friends after some old comic book character with two girlfriends—or was it wives? Who even cares?—wasn’t exactly something he wanted to deal with so early in the day.

Rion's Letter

Ves,

Bet you can't guess who didn't have to go to London after all. I'll give you a hint: THIS BOOOYYYYYY!! On a trail basis.
Anyway, heard Jonah was going to see you, so I got Mum to tell me our floo address. Just swing by the old "J.P.C. Apothecary" anytime you feel like pestering your fellow brats.

Stop moving my furniture though. I nearly broke my leg last time.
Seriously, stay out of my room.

--Rion

═════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Let me know if I need to edit anything >3>
Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

And I guess the bad can get better
Gotta be wrong before it's right
Every happy phrase engraved in my mind
And I've always been a go-getter
There's truth in every word I write
But still the growing pains, growing pains
They're keeping me up at night

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:39 pm

Daily Dragon writer, Language clubxx||xxMusic Club, Quidditch reserve seeker, Dueling club

with Verine, Vespera and Jonah

“VES!” Sonora rushed over for a hug. ”Well, you know where we're holed up now and you're always free to come study with us,” she teased in return.

“Yes, yes, everyone knows I spent more time in the library than the common room,” August sighed as he packed his notes away. He was about to launch into how he’d asked the troll-hat to put him in Ravenclaw when he actually caught the last bit of Vespera’s jibing.

Sonora herself burst into giggles when Jonah appeared and swung her around, only to comment on their height finally catching up. ”At this rate, next year you’ll be taller than me, even without your hair,” she poked the extra bit of height from his hair. She stood on her tiptoes. ”I think I’m still taller with my concert heels. But that’s not everyday footwear.”

Now, August had never felt particularly tall, especially with Vinny in the same house, but he stepped close enough to Vespera to lord all four inches he had over her. In a low but clear voice so no one else would hear, he informed her coldly:“A third friend. Say what you mean, Salazar.”Anyone else and he probably would have kept them there for longer lecture or a more overt threat, but a year of light-hearted pokes had taught him that Vespera, while well-meaning, didn’t always think through everything she said, particularly around friends who she knew wouldn't mind. With an extra-tight squeeze on her hand to make sure she knew he was serious, August stepped aside. “Hullo, Jonah,” August remarked, all pleasant and professional smiles again. “Don't know if Sona mentioned, but I'll be crashing this little party.”

Not expecting anyone else out of the fireplace, August leaned against the mantle as Sonora quickly pointed in the direction of the birds--Charlie Ace was already taking an interest in nibbling on Vespera’s hair-- bathroom, stairs, and his own room--which he was resigned to sharing with Jonah. No matter, that would be plenty of time to bother him about writing.

”Oh! And this is my mom!” Watching from the side, Verine flashed the kids a wide smile. Vespera’s entrance was….not exactly what she expected of the “mischievous, creative” student her daughter described. But Verine was here to observe first. If there was a problem, it wouldn’t be too late to confront it tonight or even tomorrow when she understood the usual of these kids better.

As they ate, Sonora suggested things for the rest of that afternoon. ”We could play a game, or I could show you the rest of the town?”

August's status LISTEN HERE SALAZAR.
Sonora's status ssqueeeee!!!

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:51 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageThird Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." ▬▬

Vepera looked at the height of Jonah and Sona, and August. She was shrinking or they were growing too fast. Vespera giggled when Jonah gave her Rion's letter, "You make such a nice postman Jonah, it could be your official career path." She hugged him and then took the letter. She burst out laughing when she saw Rion had tripped over her furniture arrangement. "Hey Jonah, guess who can visit you at anytime I want to pester you. ME! Because Rion just gave me your floo address." She began thinking about another late night excursion that could happen, but... maybe she would give warning this time. To everyone except Rion.

When August came over to her and spoke coldly to her, looming over her by a few inches she smiled at his words, "Huh... friends? Yeah, you're right. A third friend. I need someone to keep me company in the common room." She nudged him playfully she had supposed she wouldn't have said anything like that to him if he wasn't already her friend. Who would have thought she would befriend Sona's kid cousin. When Sona introduced her mom Vespera went over to her and held out her hand, "Vespera Salazar, nice to meet you Mrs. Li." She wanted to make a decent impression on Sona's mother, if she didn't... well her mom would probably never allow Vespera to be around her child again. After eating, a great meal that did not include bananas, and being nibbled on by a precious Charlie Ace, Vespera had to convince herself not to steal Sona's bird, Sona asked what they wanted to do. "I mean, I'm cool with whatever you want to do Sona. It's just great to be with actual humans. As opposed to fake humans."

▬▬ "Even if that walk happens at three in the morning with your best friends." ▬▬

Where: Li Cabin!
With Whom: Sona, August, Jonah
Thinking about: Letters, and friends?
Vespera Description: Short 4'5", blond hair, green eyes and obvious loss of tan from previous years.
Wearing: dark blue shirt, tan shorts

addaellis

trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:00 pm
User ImageUser Image

Rhea Allison Lane + JONAH CASTOR LANE

Halfblood | Ten Years Old

» Summer 2044 » Adverb Cabin » With: August, Vespera, Sonora, Verine
» Rhea's Status:
"Get in, get out, get back to Brook." » Jonah's Status: Portfolio!!!

Jonah rolled his eyes, the smirk on his lips betraying his annoyance at his brother’s letter. “What, did he think I wasn’t going to give it to you anyway?” Although this time, he had planned if she decided to sneak into his house in the dead of night, he would just have to return the favor… With some pots. And pans. And some loud noises.

He’d arched an eyebrow at August and Vespera’s conversation. It seemed a little intense, but… Friendly? They were talking about being friends, anyway. That’s good, right? He shrugged it off and instead paid attention to where everything was and gave a friendly wave to Verine, who he’d recalled briefly from the station last year. “Hi again, Mrs. Li.”

Jonah was mostly quiet as they ate, more interested in hearing about his friends’ summers and ideas for the week, only really chiming in once Sonora offered up options of what to do. “What kind of game?” He asked, only to turn to Vespera in confusion. “Wha… fake humans? Have you been playing those otome games all Summer or something?” That was the only thing that could possibly make sense to him. After all, Rhea had been hooked on those things the entire time he’d been home thus far.

A sound back in the living area alerted Jonah, who had tilted his head back against his chair to see none other than his little sister coming out of the fireplace from floo. “Rhea?”

Rhea was beyond uncomfortable with the situation. Sure, she’d met Jonah’s friends plenty before, but she was still the kid sister. More-so, she certainly hadn’t been invited. She gave a small smile and a shy wave, sticking close to the fireplace where she could make an easy escape if need be. “Um… Hi! Sorry to interrupt.”

“What’re you doing here?” Jonah asked, hopping out of his chair to greet his sister. He spotted the bag in her hand and arched an eyebrow. “…What’s up?”

The younger Lane appeared to ease up at the proximity of her brother, rolling her eyes at his question. “Brook found this in one of my boxes. I heard you complaining you couldn’t find it earlier.” Pulling a blue leather book from the bag, she handed the item to Jonah and stuck out her tongue playfully. “Be more careful with your things!”

“Yeah, yeah,” Jonah dismissed, but found himself hugging the book close, relieved to have his prized possession back in his hands.

Rhea passed the bag and the rest of its contents to him. “Mum said to give these to Sona and Miss Verine, too. They’re pumpkin pasties!”

OOC:
Sorry for the super lame post somehow this managed to be one of the hardest posts of my liFE orz
Addaellis
Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:09 am

with Verine, Vespera. Jonah and Rhea

Not what I meant, August thought when Vespera mistook his light warning for an offering of friendship. But she was off catching up and everyone was off catching up excitedly. Well, the warning was made. If he heard something of the sort again, Salazar would get a more clear and stern talking to. Maybe he'd tell Sona to talk to her friend about it.But I obviously need to work on my scowling. She didn't seem wary at all.

"We could probably play tag outside? Or hide and seek?” Sonora murmured, turning to her mum for confirmation that nowhere would be off-limits. "Fake humans? Like book characters? What's an otome?" she blinked.

Before she could get an answer though, the fire flared up again and the three hosts looked to the fireplace in surprise. Verine stood up, figuring it was Jonah or Vespera's mother checking in, but smiled, welcoming Rhea with an easy smile. "Thank you, Rhea! I was joking about needing more samples, but I can't say they won't be delicious." she said with a twinkle in her eye.

"Mummy, I'm telling you it's the added apples, not the recipe," Sona said with a giggle, re-enacting an often-made comment at home.

"Nonsense," Verine dismissed with a carefree wave. "I'm thinking maybe if I added some cinnamon it'd help tie everything together?"

Meanwhile, August turned around to greet Rhea as Sona and his aunt joked. "Thank you again for the cookies last winter," he said politely. He'd sent a formal thank-you card, but was still excessively confused why he had gotten a present when they'd barely knew each other. Not to say she hadn't made a... unique impression? He had to conclude that Rhea was simply a sweet princess to be concerned about some peasant boy she met one time at a train station.

Jokes aside, Verine offered Rhea a seat at the dining table. "Would you like to join us for lunch, Rhea? It sounds like they were about to start a game too."

August's status OH it's the Mermaid princess, heh.
Sonora's status Happy the house is so lively
Verine's status The more the merrier~

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trickblues

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

❃Vespera❃Salazar❃ & ♖ Brook ♖ Knapp ♖

Vespera shrugged, "I mean, you probably wouldn't have. Too afraid I'd come rearrange your furniture. Or take your book." Vespera laughed with Jonah's fake humans comment, deciding just not to answer. He didn't need to know she didn't see anyone this summer. That was when the adorable Rhea came in the floo. She smiled, Rhea was just so precious, and sweet for bringing Jonah's book to him, and pumpkin pastries. She was sitting there minding her own business while the others chatte. It was only the polite thing to do.

That was when the floo lit up again, and another girl came barreling through the fireplace. "RHEA! YOU LEFT WITHOUT ME. You said you were going to go give that thing to your brother and that a cute boy was probably going to be there. I thought I asked not to be left behind!" Then Brook realized she was not in a room wih just Rhea, everyone was there. "Rhea, you didn't say there would be so many people. Why didn't you warn me?" She looked at the table and saw the sandwiches. Her eyes opened wide, "Are those... sandwiches..." she looked at Mrs. Li, "Mam'm can I please please please have one? They look so wonderful and filling and I feel like I haven't eaten in weeks." Brook looked at the table, and nodded in appreciation that August was indeed a cute boy. Rhea had called it right when she claimed dibs on marrying him.

Vespera giggled at the child, she could only assume it was one of Rhea's friends, she was the one who had found Jonah's book. The child looked like she was being well taken care of, but the way she was talking made it seem like the poor girl hadn't eaten in days. Something looked familiar of the girl, her eyes maybe ? like she had seen them before, but on a different body?

╔══════════════╗
Where: Li Cabin
With Whom: All the people

OOC:
╚══════════════╝

addaellis

Trickblues

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:58 pm
User ImageUser Image

Rhea Allison Lane + JONAH CASTOR LANE

Halfblood | Ten Years Old

» Summer 2044 » Adverb Cabin » With: August, Vespera, Sonora, Verine
» Rhea's Status:
"STOP TALKING ABOUT THE BOY" » Jonah's Status: Amused by kids

“Aww, how cute! You think you scare me~” Jonah teased with a grin, heading back over to the table and thumping Ves over the head with his portfolio lightly. “Think again, Starlight. As a journalist, I fear nothing.”

Rhea giggled at Sonora and Verine’s joking, although she didn’t quite get it. Who put apples in pumpkin pasties? Culinary geniuses, probably. She should take notes. “I’m not sure about apples… But that sounds nice!”

August spoke up and Rhea instantly flushed as her eyes fell on him. Sure, the boys at school had been nothing but bothersome as far as Rhea was concerned, but that didn’t mean the young lady was above childish crushes. August was cute, and very polite. ‘Such a gentleman…’ She sighed inwardly before greeting him with a bright smile, practically glowing that he’d actually remembered her gift she’d sent along from the year before. When she’d heard he’d stayed behind at school, she just had to! Everyone deserves a little Christmas cheer. “Oh, you’re welcome! I’m glad you liked them. If you’re at school again this year, I’ll send you some more, okay?”

She’d been invited to stay, and it sounded delightful, but alas there were things to be done at home. Not to mention she had company waiting on her. “Thanks, but I should probably get back. I just came to these off for Mum and to get Jonah his book before he fainted.” Rhea smirked as Jonah rolled his eyes at her. “Besides, I have a friend I should get back to—oh! The ballerina nearly jumped out of her skin when the floo went off behind her, whipping around to Brook with wide eyes. “Brook! I said I’d just be a minute—SHH!!! She’d covered her friend’s mouth with her hand, her cheeks feeling heated when she’d mentioned Rhea’s hopes that August would have been here. Of course, Brook had gotten away just as quick as she’d done it and kept talking. She sighed, but the fond smile was still hanging by a thread. ‘Well, so long as she doesn’t mention it again, it should be fine…’ “I didn’t warn you because I said I’d be right back, Silly.”

Jonah smirked at Brook’s begging for food, shaking his head at the younger girl. “Didn’t you just have like, five pumpkin pasties before I left?”

OOC:
Sorry for the super lame post somehow this managed to be one of the hardest posts of my liFE orz
Addaellis
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:14 pm
AUGUST LIxxx ||xxx♪♫ SONORA LI

Daily Dragon writer, Language club, Quidditch announcerxx||xxMusic Club, Quidditch reserve seeker, Dueling club

setting SETTING
with CHARACTERS

Sonora watched the teasing between Jonah and Vespera with a small giggle. She still didn’t know what exactly happened during Vespera's surprise 3am visit last year, but she was happy her friends seemed to be having fun joking about it...unless there was another visit she didn't hear about? Next time there was a 3am adventure she’d love to join. Well, maybe. Honestly, she’d probably be off in Dreamland at 3am.

“Thank you, that’s very kind of you,” August replied, a little confused when Princess Rhea promised yet another cookie package if he stayed at school—not that he minded. The empty castle was quite serene. And if there was another batch of adorable cookies—no, he didn’t want to trouble the mermaid princess. If his mother didn’t have plans for him to go home to Taiwan, then maybe he’d ask Aunt Verine to stay over the winter. Or even go to his grandparents’.

Then there was another child—damnit, Sona had only said it would be Vespera and Jonah—who came in chattering about a cute boy or whatever. Well there were only two boys here and Jonah was literally Princess Rhea’s—oh. His face carefully unchanged, August settled for a polite smile. Hopefully he wasn’t a distraction for Rhea and the “cute boy” comment had been a misunderstanding. Maybe they had expected one of the handsome Hepburn twins that was also a friend of Sonora’s? In any case, the little princess clearly didn’t want to discuss any of it, and August himself would be off at Hogwarts again and couldn’t do anything about it. This wasn’t in his jurisdiction. He cleared his throat a little and turned to the new girl. “Hello. You must be a friend of Miss Lane’s?”.

Verine was very surprised when yet another child—this time unfamiliar— showed up...and almost immediately asked for food. “Oh...sure? Sure!” she was a little confused, but she couldn’t very well deny a hungry child, could she? She headed back to the kitchen to make more just in case, relaxing with a light chuckle when she heard Jonah comment on the newcomer having just eaten. “Let me get you a glass of water as well. What’s your name, honey? Are you joining us for lunch and a game?”

August's status What is the cute?
Sonora's status If I learned to stay up, I could have 3am adventures too!
Verine's status This strange, adorable, hungry child. Gotta ask Della about her later!

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:40 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
fifth year || Slytherin prefect || muggleborn
Daily Dragon managing editor || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

“Hey, Rhim and I were thinking ice cream for dessert. Any preferences?”

August looked up from where he was trying to diagram out the theory behind a switching spell when his Uncle Elmond spoke up. His own mother, Rhimjhim, already had her jacket and purse and was flipping through his arithmancy textbook. Her face was polite and deliberately hard to read, more so than August’s own usual face.

“Eion, you’re staying for dinner right?” August replied. ”I’ve no preference, but if there’s pumpkin juice?” he added, remembering how Sona had commented they were out of pumpkin juice that morning before she left.

A few minutes after the adults had taken their preferences and headed out, August set his pencil down anyways. They’d mostly been catching up and making dumplings outside on the deck to give the boys quiet to study, but August always felt like whenever his mother was here, she was keeping a close eye on his every move. He would’ve been studying anyways, but he always felt like the stakes were so much higher when she was there.t Well, hopefully she had been impressed by Eion and his being at the books all afternoon.

This late in the summer August had obviously had all his pre-reading done and was reviewing spell theory in preparation for OWLs. He had found and brought out his notes from first and second year for Eion to examine at his leisure, and happily paused every so often if Eion had a question. Earlier in the summer he had tried thinking of ways to help Eion’s notetaking, but thus far all he’d been able to recommend was reading ahead so there were fewer notes to take during class.

“I’m about ready to take a break,” the older boy said, polishing off his glasses.“How’re you doing?”

setting At the table, Summer 2047 || [colo=tan]with Eion, formerly Elmond and Rhimjhim
wearing Sweater and pants + glasses || status studying and tutoring and stuff

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where dead man called out
For his love to flee.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree (yr 4)

"The Hanging Tree" by James Newton Howard, cover by Peter Hollens

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Auggie's Family Cabin
xxx✮ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Auggie-Augs
xxxx✫ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Studying
xxxxx✩ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This eyeball doesn't sit right...

Eion had been spending a lot of time over at Auggie's house, allowing the older boy to help him with his studying and notes. Earlier that summer they'd gone to Ferdie's wedding, which was kinda boring, but then Eme and Sena spent extra attention on him, which was cool. They even went to a new doctor and discovered Eion had dyslexia. It was something he hadn't heard of, but it made a lot of sense. That, paired with his poor vision, apparently made the perfect storm for his terrible writing. But he was working on it.

He looked up when someone mentioned ice cream preferences, but Eion didn't know if he was supposed to be included on the decision. Luckily, Auggie seemed to know what to say, asking if Eion was going to join them for dinner. "Oh, I don't mind, sure. Eme and Sena are on a date thing tonight, so it'd just be me and the grandparents." He sent a grin toward the older boy, then rubbed at his eyes. He was tired, but he had to keep trudging on. He was determined to at least finish this chapter of History, even though it was the most tedious class.

He asked a few odd questions when they arose, writing his slightly-less-sloppy notes as he went. His handwriting was getting better, although not by much. Eme seemed happy about it, but Eion had overheard them all talking about how he still had a long way to go. Eion ran a hand through his messy hair, frowning at his book. After he flipped the page, Auggie spoke up, this time offering a break. The younger boy looked up, nodding. "Yes please. This history nonsense is driving me insane!" He grinned, but his momentary excitement turned into a hearty yawn.

When he finished, he frowned, feeling a twinge of pain in his eye. "Aw heck, it moved again." He used his fingers to adjust the glass eye he had, this one an deep red color. Once it was back in place, he sighed softly, adjusting his glasses to make them sit right again.

addaellis

Mʏ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴡɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀᴡ Hᴀʟᴇʏ's ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴛ, sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ. Sʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴠᴇᴅ, sᴀɪᴅ, "Wʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ"
          Eᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴇᴅ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴀᴛᴏsᴘʜᴇʀᴇ
          Tᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴛʜᴇʀ, I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ
          Tᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴇ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ, I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ
          I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀɴɢʀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀʏɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ɪs ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ
          Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ, I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ
          Tʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ sᴏ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ, ɪᴛ's ᴏɴʟʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces