Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:55 am
User Image
Backlog: During the Sky Ceremony, after Gadane's loss against Chapa but before the end of the tournament.

Knocked down and pinned by a much young lion was not how Gadane had expected his attempt in the Sky Ceremony to go. It was some consolation that his opponent was moving on through the tournament, he wasn't the only one to lose to a brightly colored, scruffy maned boy.. but he had been hoping to make an impression. And he had completely failed at that, or worse, had made the wrong kind of impression by losing so handily.

It wasn't entirely unexpected but it was disappointing. He'd had a different vision for his day, even if he had known from the start that it was a stretch. Stumbling over the first step was not part of the plan, so he had given up entirely and made a point of not seeking anybody out as he loitered around the sidelines of the tournament, watching.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dohi had been watching Gadane in the tournament. To be honest, part of her thought it was rather charming that he had lost. Her own family did a decent job, once in a blue moon, in the tournament, and she didn't know if she could handle feeling some level of jealousy if Gadane had won. More eyes would have been on him, and she would have felt a bit out of place and uncomfortable to attempt to divert those eyes away from him.

She liked Gadane, but she also liked the slow, friendly way that they learned about each other.

She had a few flowers hanging from her pouch, shifting with the slight breeze that tickled her fur. The noise around them was full of cheers for the contestants still in the tournament, perhaps with a dash of teasing and muffled disappointment in those who had already lost. Her light green eyes skimmed around for her father, but his distinct yellow with the tattoo'd wings was absent. Perfect. She picked herself up, letting her paws flow naturally to be next to Gadane.

"Sorry a kid beat you up," she teased with a smirk as she sat down next to him.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:29 pm
Gadane heard the pawsteps heading his way and he inched over a bit instinctively to make room (even though there was plenty of room around him).. and then he was startled to realize it was Dohi who had taken a seat there. And she said the exact thing that showed she saw exactly what he didn't want her to see or comment on. Exactly.

And now he just had to be cool about it.

"Yeah," he said, smiling sheepishly, "I- uh- went easy on him?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:54 am
The alu'nadi laughed warmly at Gadane's remark. She felt that there was more than what he was saying, but she knew that he was kind, almost painfully so. As much as he wanted to win, she felt like part of him wanted to help others succeed before himself.

It was why she had come to trust him so much. More than she would want to admit out loud.

"I'm sure you gave him quite the confidence boost," she teased, stealing a glance towards the shy silver and white male. "That is not a bad thing for one so young."

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:09 am
He was grateful (and a little surprised) that she went along with his narrative that he had gone easy on his opponent. His smile lost the sheepishness and he exchanged a look with Dohi.

"Who knows, maybe he'll win," he said, glancing back out at the matches currently underway, "He was from your clan, right? When was the last time the Birds had a champion?"

Gadane wasn't that great at keeping track of these things but he did know the champions from his own clan. One was from before he was born but the other was the defending champion! Of course.. Amaris hadn't entered this time, but she was recently married so maybe that was a factor.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:24 am
"Umm, just the year before last, actually," Dohi nodded. "Though, he was an outsider originally, so I'm sure he has more experience than some of the others in my clan. I gotta say, my family has never made much of an impression in the tournament, even if you consider how large the family has grown."

She paused, unsure of what else to say. She was suddenly feeling very conscious of herself in the moment, and tried to slow her heartbeats with one deep inhale, then exhale.

"This isn't the same thing as the trophy, but would you like one of these flowers I've found?" she had a few in her pouch, and would rather he pick one he liked than just take whichever one she picked for her. Still, she would wait to see what he decided on.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:09 pm
"Oh."

He probably should have known that.. but Gadane could barely picture the champion that Amaris had displaced. He could only really picture Amaris because she was from his own clan and it was hard not to notice the champion when they had the trophy. Too bad he wouldn't be bringing it home for another year himself but maybe Manipi could pull it off.. maybe..

"Huh?" he looked over when she suddenly offered him a flower, and then she smiled, "Sure! Thank you."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:14 pm
"You're going to make me pick one, huh?" Dohi sighed dramatically, her eyes moving around Dohi's form and back to her flowers. She had a purple one, a white one, an orange one, and a yellow one. She rather liked the white one, but it would have literally disappeared in his mane. Pure white, much like how her father described the old lore of cloud children. Blessings that were not so rare anymore, and yet she still found the idea rather charming. An old piece of their culture that felt more like legend now.

Purple didn't suit him; it would have stuck out in such a manner that Dohi assumed others may think it was merely an accident that he had the flower. Yellow.... could work, but the orange flattered his eyes. They weren't the same colour as the flower, but it drew out their intensity.

"This one," she said, handing him the orange flower.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:23 pm
"I'd like that, yes."

Gadane grinned. He recognized this as an opportunity to flirt, she was being nice and everybody else was distracted so it wasn't like they had an audience to make things awkward.. but the truth was he could make it awkward all on his own. He wasn't enough of a chatterbox in normal circumstances to know how to handle this chance, but realizing he wanted to flirt was a big deal, too.

"Thank you," he said.

And realized he was repeating himself. That was definitely not smooth.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:30 pm
Dohi only smirked at his echoing of thanks. He was far too kind, and she liked that about him. "Alright, let me pin it just near the base of your earring. That way you can wear it as your own sort of trophy."

She didn't want to give him to the opportunity to turn down her actions, and so she immediately pulled the orange flower back away from Gadane and ruffling her paws around his ear and mane. Part of her was hoping he'd get even more flustered, and she felt herself grinning foolishly as she maneuvered the stem to sit just below the metal part of his earring.

"There!" she said, backing up to look at her handiwork. "Hmm... looks good," she added on, doing her best to keep a serious face (and yet, failing at it).

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:09 pm
Somehow, Gadane managed to stop himself from saying thank you again but that led to him being silent. What wasn't quiet, though, was his tail swishing over the ground behind him, giving away that he wasn't quite as calm as he seemed. And he couldn't seem to get that under control (and he was starting to doubt his face was as neutral as he hoped, too).

"I was hoping to do better," he said, "I was trying to impress you."

Definitely had a dopey smile on his face now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:17 pm
Dohi ended up hiding a chuckle behind a forepaw. She glanced at her pouch, tucking in the remaining flowers more securely in her pouch before facing Gadane. Finally, he started to be more openly honest about his loss.

"You did well enough," she replied, lowering her paw to reveal her smile. "Besides, you impressed me a long time ago, Gadane. Even if we cannot see each other often, you've been my rock when my family began to fracture." Not having Yinehi around had been hard, extremely hard and she had done her best to swallow her sorry and not yell at her father for seemingly being the catalyst that drove her away. It wasn't true, no completely, but she still felt that there was a fear tied to his strict ways that had driven Yinehi away.

Now, with Makal gone, she had faltered in her role as alu'nadi. Gadane had been there to listen, to help her put things into better perspective, and just be... happier. It seemed like he was starting to understand her own feelings, or so she told herself.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:37 pm
The rush from his own confession faded fast when she made Dohi made her own, he felt mix of sadness and pleasure at knowing that she thought so highly of him even though they were necessarily far apart most of the time.

"I'm glad," he said, smiling, "It's too bad you have to lean on someone so far away."

He couldn't call his own family or situation hard to deal with, he was finally admitting to himself how much he liked Dohi but he hadn't really considered what his friendship meant to her. She was in a completely different situation, she wasn't just the wanidatsi's daughter but she was her clan's alu'nadi and her family was large and prominent so a few of them leaving was a big deal..

"But, if it helps.. I'm glad."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:36 pm
He made the perfect opening, and Dohi couldn't waste it. Not when it seemed apparent that he may be open to her confession, and wish. She felt her heart stutter for a moment, and yet again she let herself take one slow breath to calm her nerves. She had done a lot as an alu'nadi; help birth cubs, tattoo her clan as they grew with their stories, and lead them as best she could when they were worried or concerned. This was one of the rare times that she could do something for herself, as Dohi, and not as the alu'nadi.

"You don't... always have to be so far away," she replied quietly. She wanted to sound more confident, more strong, but it was hard to kick away all the doubts that nipped at her mind. "If you... wouldn't mind that."

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:53 pm
"Wow, I'm better at flirting than I thought," he said, perking up and trying to add some levity to the situation after they fumbled around before arriving at the same conclusion. Her suggestion assured him they were thinking the same things and her quiet uncertainty made him want to be louder about it. The chance he would put his foot in his mouth remained but he'd have to really mess up for complete rejection to still be on the table.

The a realization hit him.

"We're too late for the Rain Ceremony," he said, glancing up and shaking his head to make his newly attached flower shake with his feather, "And I don't have anything to give you.."

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff