Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:12 pm
DON'T LOOK AT ME I'M WEAK AND PLOTTING < <;;;;
User Image

Hyenas in The Lion King (and its remake) are rather sadly vilified despite their very important role and function in the 'Circle of Life' as cleaners of the Serengeti as well as being capable hunters with an interesting social hierarchy.

Soooooooo...I can't lie this is essentially just a 'royal pride' template, only the lions are now hyenas roughly following the same hierarchy of actual hyenas with females being the 'top dog'.

Enjoy!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:13 pm
(Something approximating beliefs/story/etc will go here)

History of the Clan

Many generations ago, during a great drought, a shambling group of young Hyena wandered through Africa looking for a place for themselves. As they wandered, they garnered more and more Hyena, their roaming band of thirsty and near starved animals growing larger with each passing day. As their hunger grew, as did their tempers flare - affected the leadership of the band day by day. The arguments grew so heated, it wasn't uncommon for one or more of the Hyena to end up with bites or bruises for their troubles.

One day, during a particularly nasty argument; some of the pups slinked away to try and find some peace from the quarreling older animals and in the midst of their play found a peaceful valley with a large river running through it and grassland with mixed herds as far as the eye could see. They tried to tell the argumentative older Hyena, but they wouldn't listen - until one of the pups started snapping and biting at the heels of their elders. In the confusion and simpering, they were eventually herded to the plentiful valley.

The group immediately set upon the herds, chasing and biting and feeding till there was nothing much left but bones as the rest of the animals ran away. The angry pup chastised her elders for being so greedy and in the night took the other pups and rounded up the bones of the animals.

"Till the herds return, we will chew on these bones day by day and eat of the marrow by measure so that every Hyena will have their fill."

And every day they chewed and had a small measure of the marrows within the bones and every time one tried to have more than their share, the pup would snap and bite and chastise them greatly for their greed. But after a time and with patience, the herds returned to the valley.

The same pup that snapped and bite, eventually grew into a wise Hyena, making sure that they only took what was needed and never anything more. One by one, the other Hyena agree'd to make this wise young female their first Queen.

Queen Viboko. Who ruled her clan fairly.

And since her reign, her bloodline has ruled on the throne of the Viboko Clan.

Beliefs/Religion

The Hyenas of the Viboko understand their place in the Circle of Life, they clean up after the sloppier eaters and after the dead so that no diseased flesh can ruin the surrounding areas. Like the noble Pridelanders they believe that everything must have a balance, take no more than you need and in the end you will give back to the ground with your bones and flesh.

Culture

The Viboko are like any clan of actual Hyena. The females are usually higher ranking than the males, with the Queen on top of everything to make the rules and enact the law.

However unlike their real-life counterparts, the Viboko do not mistreat their males and there are high ranks that males can achieve; i.e - Royal Consort, Knight, Guard, etc. At the end of the day, the males are a valuable part of the clan just as the females.

Blood lineage to the crown is very important to the Viboko, a long line of Queens have held the throne for generations and only the most dire circumstances would cause for someone else to take the mantle.

Marriage/Betrothal

Marriage is usually performed by the Queen or the previous Queen for two members of the clan - but it's not a necessary thing within the clan itself. Just a nice ceremony for Hyena that would like to be bonded eternally.

The only truly official wedding that ever happens come rain or shine, is the marriage of the Queen and whoever her intended happens to be and it's a HUGE show for the clan. It's not uncommon for a pup to be chosen for the heir at birth to be their intended, but if things don't work out past adolescence, the heir is usually allowed to pick their own betrothed.

Not being married doesn't affect breeding in any way.

Breeding/Flings

Breeding is by the numbers, if two females would like a pup - go see a male, or grab a fling from outside the clan. Polyamorous groups are normal to see.

Pups from a rogue father aren't looked down upon, neither are flings in general. As long as something insidious wasn't perpetrated or the mother in question didn't commit obvious adultery then flings are more than fine.

Death/Funerals

Death is always a loss to the clan, the grief felt is dependent on how tragic the death and how close the family were to the dearly departed.
But all Viboko understand that at the end of the day, even if they've parted - the earth will reclaim the body and give back what was taken in life to fuel the next generation of land for the herds.

There are few funerary rites other than sharing last thoughts and words and maybe leaving some flowers or well loved items from the departed at the gravesite.

Banishing/Crime

Crime and Punishment can range from a slap on the wrist to outright banishment depending on the severity of the crime.

Crimes such as adultery between a married couple or theft are usually settled with a council from the Queen and Royal Lady/Lord with an audience between the accused and the accuser.

Murder is dealt with by straight of banishment and possibly even execution by order of the Queen.

Fights, arguments and smaller things are often sorted out by the Guards and the Knights.

Laws and Punishments

Celebrations

Royal Weddings:

First Hunts:

The Bone Fast:

Out of Character Clan Stuff

Multispecies?

Nah, for now it's hyenas only, but that doesn't mean they can't be friendly to those types of creatures on the borders if they're civil in return.

Plus there's always a dubiousness about lions given the natural historic rivalry between lions and hyena, but if they're friendly enough they won't be bothered.

Desired Colors:

There is no limit, COME ONE, COME ALL! NATURALS, RAINBOWS, TECHNICOLORED DREAMCOATS, WE WANT EM!

Familiars
Snakes, Avians (vultures, ravens, hawks etc), Ratels, Servals, Maned Wolves and Jackals are all acceptable familiars for the Viboko. Prey animal style creatures probably aren't as comfortable to have around.

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:14 pm
Viboko Ranks

Queen - Ruler of the Clan, always female. All decisions for the clan are final when she says so and most hunts take part with her at the helm. All Queens are descendants from the first Queen of the Viboko Clan and it's tradition for one of the royal bloodline to inherit it.

Royal Lady - Always female. Wife and/or Second in Command of the current Queen. Sometimes picked at birth to be the heir's future spouse or someone the heir has bonded with.

Royal Consort - Always male in the case the Queen takes a wife, produces heir/pups for the Queen. Either hand picked by the Queen herself, picked for the heir at birth like their spouse, or a male tries his luck and flirting and offering his services. The highest ranking male in the clan.

Heir - Future Queen. If an heir has committed a crime or cannot fulfill her duties as the future Queen, often her status will be turned over to the second eldest sister.

Lady - Adult Daughters or Sisters of the Queen that didn't become the heir, they can always choose other ranks if they do not wish to be ladies. They also act as the council for the current and future Queen.

Knight - Adult Sons or Brothers the Queen or a well trusted male, Guard Commanders and one of the few high ranking males that can command others barring the Queen herself and her spouse.

Guards - Unisex, Protectors of the Clan. (Guards can be promoted to Knight through RP)

Hunter/ess - Unisex, Providers of the Clan.

Mender - Unisex, Healers of the Clan.

Teacher - Unisex, Teachers of the Clan's Youth.

Nanny - Unisex, Babysitters of the Clan's Youth. (Nannies can be promoted to Teacher or Mender through RP)

Civillian - Unisex, Members of the Clan without a role. (Default Rank)

Prince/ss - Children of the Queen, this title persists through adolescence until they are adults and become Ladies or Knights.

Youth - Pups of the Clan.

Viboko Familiar Ranks

Messenger - Used for taking messages from or to the clan over long distances, usually resigned to avians or particularly speedy familiars.

Scout - Usually attending the hunters; They keep track of prey that's on the move or even if there might be an attack.

Watcher - Usually attending the guards and knights, they're the eyes in the back of their heads and help protect the clan.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 pm
Joining forms and current memberlist will go heeeeeere~

Joining Form

[size=16][b]I am loyal to the Viboko![/b][/size]
[size=11][b]Username:[/b]
[b]SoA's Name:[/b]
[url=UNCERT][img]CERT[/img][/url]
[b]Desired Rank:[/b]
[b]Brief History:[/b] As a newcomer OR as an original clan member.[/size]

Member List

Queen - 0/1 (Will be Customed)

Royal Lady - 0/1

Royal Consort - 0/1

Heir - 0/1 (Will be Customed)

Lady - 0/Unlimited

Knight - 1/Unlimited
Dromio - Sherpuff

Guards - 0/Unlimited

Hunter/ess - 1/Unlimited
Kunohun - Fairy Snails
Cirro - Lightning Shadow X
Mafuta - Lightning Shadow X

Mender - 0/Unlimited

Teacher - 0/Unlimited

Nanny - 0/Unlimited
Pipi'Miwa - Lightning Shadow X

Civillian - 0/Unlimited
Iliyooza - Lightning Shadow X

Prince/ss - 0/Unilited

Youth - 0/Unlimited

Familiar Member List

Messengers - 0/Unlimited

Scouts - 0/Unlimited

Watchers - 0/Unlimited

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:20 pm
And finally this for good measure.

[size=9]
[b]Pack/Pride Name:[/b] Viboko
[b]Current IC Owner(s):[/b] (owners with a king/queen member)
[b]Current OOC Owner(s):[/b] (owners with a regular ranked member)
[b]Default ranks:[/b] Civillian
[b]Current Pride/Pack Members, and Rankings of Each:[/b]
[b]Links to at least five [i]current[/i] RPs: (These RPs must have been done in the last month. At least one must have included the current ruler.)
[b]Brief Description of your Pride/Pack: [/b] (Do not exceed 175 words, it has to fit in our layout!)
[b]Familiar Rules:[/b] Does you Pride/Pack allow familiars? If so, which ones? Are there any specific rank restrictions or is bonding to a regular member necessary? Be as specific as you want!
[b]Cert Background Large Image:[/b] [url=https://i.imgur.com/mDw9lkl.png]Link[/url]
[b]Pride Symbol for Cert:[/b] Transparent PNG, please, and not already on a cert!circle. Please keep it square-like in shape, not rectangular.
[b]Any Extra Information:[/b] If you want to include a place for alternate names or clans, please say so here - we will not allow you to change the cert afterward.
[b]Pride/Pack History:[/b]
[/size]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:09 pm
Aite, free to post now. < <  

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:26 am
I am loyal to the Viboko!
Username: Fairy Snails
Hyena's Name: Kunohun
User Image
Desired Rank: Hunter
Brief History: New to the clan. His previous pride disbanded and he's been searching for a new home.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:50 am
Fairy Snails
Username: Fairy Snails
Hyena's Name: Kunohun
User Image
Desired Rank: Hunter
Brief History: New to the clan. His previous pride disbanded and he's been searching for a new home.

Accepted <3  

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:38 pm
Added the rank:

Nanny  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:47 pm
Username: Sherpuff
Hyena's Name: Dromio
User Image
Desired Rank: Would be interested in Royal Consort, but I totally get if that's not an option right now. He could make an excellent Knight or Guard.
Brief History: Would love him to be an original member, if possible? He's a blank slate for me, but I see him as steady and stoic, a little too serious, and very reliable and devoted.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:50 pm
Sherpuff
Username: Sherpuff
Hyena's Name: Dromio
User Image
Desired Rank: Would be interested in Royal Consort, but I totally get if that's not an option right now. He could make an excellent Knight or Guard.
Brief History: Would love him to be an original member, if possible? He's a blank slate for me, but I see him as steady and stoic, a little too serious, and very reliable and devoted.

Until I've sorted a Queen the Royal Consort is a gray area for now, BUT he'll make a lovely Knight <3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:52 pm
Absolutely understandable! Yay, thank you!!

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:16 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:59 pm
A few updates and ranks expanded on.  

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:32 pm
Viboko has a background! BEHOLD OUR GLORIOUS LAND!  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff