Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
So I heard a wildfire destroyed a city in my state

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anaya the Bee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:35 am
So yeah I heard in my state a city that’s really close proximity to my own city was almost burned to the ground. Two fires started around the forest city of ruidoso and on the Mescalero reservation.1400 structures burned. It’s scary. I’m soo glad that our city doesn’t have to be worried about being burned. Ruidoso is a forest mountain town and I heard that it was arson happening with the fire. That’s why it was soo bad. I heard the village of alto north of ruidoso was completely burned down. This is why we can’t have nice things. Whoever started the fire killed 2 people  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:27 pm
Most wildfires are started by people not having common sense unfortunately.

The two major recent ones around here - one of which my parents had to temporarily evacuate for - were started because people were playing with fireworks when they weren't supposed to, and everything was extremely dry because of the high heat.

The first fire, started by a teenager during a burn ban, merged with another nearby smaller fire, burning 50,000 acres by the end. Over 150 people had to be rescued from the trails because they got trapped due to the fast-spreading flames. It even jumped the river and started smaller fires in our state. Thankfully no lives were lost but four buildings were destroyed and the trails in the area had to be repaired to ensure safety.

The most recent one burned 2000 acres. Due to where it was located, there wasn't much population, so no lives or buildings were lost. Still pretty scary because of how quickly it grew when the winds came through and how close it was to areas that could have been affected if it grew any more (which were more populated).  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Anaya the Bee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:15 am
Prof. Moonie

The two major recent ones around here - one of which my parents had to temporarily evacuate for - were started because people were playing with fireworks when they weren't supposed to, and everything was extremely dry because of the high heat.

The first fire, started by a teenager during a burn ban, merged with another nearby smaller fire, burning 50,000 acres by the end. Over 150 people had to be rescued from the trails because they got trapped due to the fast-spreading flames. It even jumped the river and started smaller fires in our state. Thankfully no lives were lost but four buildings were destroyed and the trails in the area had to be repaired to ensure safety.

The most recent one burned 2000 acres. Due to where it was located, there wasn't much population, so no lives or buildings were lost. Still pretty scary because of how quickly it grew when the winds came through and how close it was to areas that could have been affected if it grew any more (which were more populated).
well this destroyed over 1400 structures  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:40 am
Anaya the Bee
Prof. Moonie

well this destroyed over 1400 structures

Well, yeah, an entire town got affected. I would expect structure count would be high.

((Also, it might just be how I read it but... the tone I picked up in that one statement made it seem like you thought I was making it a competition of who had the worst fire. I was in no way trying to "one up" you with the fires I shared about. I was just sharing details of recent major fires in my area that happened to be started by humans. I was empathizing I know how it feels to have fires take place so close to home and be relieved they got contained before it became a serious threat on a personal level.))  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Anaya the Bee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:27 pm
We drove through it and it seemed ok. The fire didn’t hit the main town. But it burned a lot of homes. It seems to be getting back to normal again.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games