Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Ufos? Aliens? Life out there? O_o Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is there life out there?
  Oro?
View Results

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:29 pm
Well i thought i might as well contribute something to this section smile

Do you believe that there is life out there in the universe? do you believe that everything is not as it might seem? what are your theorys? discuss smile

Myself personally *why i keep saying this i have no idea LOL* i believe that there is something more out there. I mean sure we have accounts of people seeing ufos flying in the sky, we also have loads of accounts of people being abducted. I cannot really add my view onto that piece of information though as im not too sure why they would want us to be abducted. I mean sure i suppose to find out our anatomy and such, but surely it is NOT that interesting.

Plus when we think about it we have so many planets and stars in the galaxy we would be silly not to think about the possibility of life elsewhere.

Quote:
"if there is a possibility for life, there will be life"

Plus if we think about how many planets are out there and how huge the galaxy is can we honestly say we believe that our planet is the only one which was granted life.

Hehe so discuss away there are my views wink

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:47 am
Our universe is just way too big for there not to be any other life form.... I just don't think "aliens" are what are potrayed in Hollywood.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:11 am
UFOs absolutely exist - unidentified flying objects could be space shuttle debris, rocks, whatever. Spaceships with little green men in them, though...eh. I think that there's a good possibility that life as we know it exists elsewhere; I think that life as we can imagine it exists elsewhere; and I have no problem with entertaining the thought of parallel worlds. I think, however, that because the universe is so huge, there's not a good chance of us being visited by other beings.  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:23 am
3nodding 3nodding 3nodding

Yea i agree hollywood has made them out to be so much more than they probably are and who those they might even be just like us, we dont know and probably never will to be honest. I don't believe though that there little green men... that seems a little TOO far fetched for me.  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:06 pm
My sister and me have always thought of the other life forms looking identical to actual humans... but you're probably right, I don't think in this life time that we will find another life form... the sun is just going to go boom!  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:47 am
i have reason to beleave that aliens are liveing amung us! i have proof! here is a picture os a alien a**l probing someone while they are assleap
http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/5857/newbitmapimage7dr.png

and i also beleave that these a**l probs are actually dormitorys for these aliens. you will understand in this pick
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/263/newbitmapimage34fl.png

so just remember... WE ARE NOT ALONE!  

Darthspanky

IMWanderling

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:28 am
eek I don't get it, Darth...

I believe there's other life out there. It would arrogant of us to think we're the only sentient beings in the Universe. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:30 am
Roffle, Darth. That's awful xd  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Darthspanky

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:41 am
i know.. but ive been waiting for the pristine time to use them picks .. and it just hit me like a ton of bricks when i saw this disscusion.

ok but seriousley.. i tihnk that ya.. there got to be other "lifeforms" not nessorarly humanoida but like... anything really... out there.. sense the univerce is huge. (not to mention if they found water on mars, then there has to be on other planets. and that is nessicory for life... and so is heat so all we need to do is find a planet that has water and a perfect distance from a heat sorce that i can support life...  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:46 am
Darthspanky
i know.. but ive been waiting for the pristine time to use them picks .. and it just hit me like a ton of bricks when i saw this disscusion.

ok but seriousley.. i tihnk that ya.. there got to be other "lifeforms" not nessorarly humanoida but like... anything really... out there.. sense the univerce is huge. (not to mention if they found water on mars, then there has to be on other planets. and that is nessicory for life... and so is heat so all we need to do is find a planet that has water and a perfect distance from a heat sorce that i can support life...
Actually, water and heat are necessary for life as we know it. Couldn't there theoretically be life systems that would thrive on cold temperatures and whatnot?  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Sakura-Kyoukan

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:07 pm
LIFE out there? yes.. INTELLEGENT LIFE>. god i hope not, I'm having a hard enough time catching up with my own race. blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:33 pm
Sheer_Immortal
Darthspanky

Actually, water and heat are necessary for life as we know it. Couldn't there theoretically be life systems that would thrive on cold temperatures and whatnot?
well to some point yes...but how far can that go untill its unhabitable.. i do not know.. i used to know but ... forgot it allredy  

Darthspanky

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:54 am
LOL

Darth that was just wrong im still giggling now at all your clothing also  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:20 am
life yes intelligent *looks at darth* doubtful lol eek ohh you mean aliens not darth lol eek

yes i think there is life out there and yes i think its intelligent  

o0o_m_i_k_e_y_o0o

Dapper Gaian

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Ombrophile

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:30 am
For me personally, since I don't buy into religion and tend to buy into science a lot more... extra terrestrial (Non earthen) life is a definate existance. Maybe not to our knowledge, or not in the way we would perceive life to be. But, the fact of the matter is, that life exists outside of our earth and outside of our solar system.

Perhaps there are planets in other solar systems with humanoid type creatures like us that a bit more advanced or a bit less advanced. The truth of the matter is we'll never know, but there has been enough things through the course of our history to make us wonder. Things people have seen with their own eyes and recorded, things that we may or may not be able to bring ourselves to believe in.

Nobody knows for sure if our redentation of the typical "alien" exists, nor do we really know the theories about Area 51. We can all speculate and believe or not believe that people have really encountered life that is not here from earth. When it all boils down to it, yes...

Life outside of earth exists. Even if it's only a tiny little one celled organism. Life finds a way, everything evolves. It's only a matter of time before our galaxies begin to realize one another and the possible and potential abilities. We've already started with being so close to finding ourselves almost able to explore out of our own solar system.

We've maybe found a tenth planet as well. We never know; the possibilities when it comes to this sort of thing are endless. But then, I myself believe fully in the existance of things that are not from earth and may be what we call "Aliens". I've seen a few things with my own eyes to make me a believer.

I don't call people liars whe they speak about UFO's and encounters.  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff