Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Missile or plane? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gama100

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:16 pm
This video is a video my mother showed me not too long ago that a friend of hers showed her. Now we've heard of the government trying to cover things up. The pentagon was believed to be hit by a plane, no? Well this video says otherwise. I'm not saying I belive the video or not, but I will admit it has pretty good eveidence. well here it is (by the way make sure you read fast):

Missile or Plane?  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:40 pm
It's a well put together video, I'll give it that.

But to be honest, I find conspiracy theorists only good for passing amusement. I suppose there might be some truth to their claims, but there are many, many people that are willing to say anything to stir people up. Anybody remember the "Loose Change" movie going around? I'm pretty sure this is just riding the coat-tails of the hype generated by that.

I'll believe it when they actually have something to bring to the table, not just conjecture and implications.  

Cornelius loh Quatious

gama100

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:49 pm
Like I said I'm not sure wether or not i believe it, but you do have to admit it makes a good point. Did that huge plane just desinergrate(sp?) and disappear? I could understand why they'd hide it from us though. hmm I'm just not exactly sure on it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:54 pm
Planes don't disappear. It's possible that the plane exploded into a million tiny pieces and left the traces behind as is due to numerous factors that the movie failed to bring up. Many physical scientists and experts have testified that a plane did indeed crash at the Pentagon, but who's to say that they aren't being directed by the government? On the other hand, who's to say that the movie's sources are real or credible?

Due to the subjective nature of humans in general, this is yet another event (like the JFK assassination) that will go contested for decades, if not longer.

The part that disturbs me the most, however, is that if indeed the plane did not crash into the Pentagon, what happened to it? Where are the records of the plane's travel after leaving the airport? What happened to the people on it? There are a lot of factors to take into account, none of which I find particularly appealing.  

Cornelius loh Quatious

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:22 pm
Meh, just weak and using the same weak conspiracy theory around the subject. I stopped when it started talking about there being no skid marks on the ground... hello?!?!?! It wasn't aimed at the ground, it wasn't falling out of hte sky, it was aimed at the pentagon!

Also, at least on my display, the pictures are terrible for showing us the points it's trying to make and they simply move too fast. And it simply isn't convincing if it doesn't show multiple pictures from multiple angles.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:26 am
Easy: http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.htm

That whole flash presentation smacks of propaganda if you ask me. The hip music, the witty sarcasm. It seems designed to make the viewer feel rather than think.

There were eyewitnesses that saw the plane.
A missile wouldn't have snapped those light poles on it's approach.
Too many people were involved and keeping it a secret wouldn't be possible.
The pentagon is largely constructed from concrete, wood, and steel, yet there was a huge pile of aluminum debris collected during the clean up.
Steel wheels from the landing gear where found.
Luggage was found.  

Strideo
Crew

KaguraOfTheWind

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:43 pm
Strideo
The pentagon is largely constructed from concrete, wood, and steel, yet there was a huge pile of aluminum debris collected during the clean up.
Luggage was found.

Mass hallucination caused by drugs in the water system. Effects were enough that the were told it was a plane so the believe they saw it.
The poles where doctored with small shaped charges.
Wheels were planted.
Missle hit the recycling centre and coat check.  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:08 pm
KaguraOfTheWind
Strideo
Luggage was found.

Mass hallucination caused by drugs in the water system. Effects were enough that the were told it was a plane so the believe they saw it.
The poles where doctored with small shaped charges.
Wheels were planted.
Missle hit the recycling centre and coat check.

Don't forget the part where it wasn't a truck bomb parked outside the complex that caused the damage. The stuff on the outside was just the hole people dug to get the truck into the third ring. Then it turned out the truck which was a fertilizer bomb used home-made fertilizer collected from a local farmer's animals' ... feces... and it just made such a super sticky mess that smelled so bad that rebuilders said "screw it!" and started that entire area from scratch (hence why it looks like an airplane crashed and went three rings into the building.)

Also, as for why the airplane and all the people on it disappeared... well... erm... I ate 'em. Yeah, sorry about not mentioning it earlier. (Is it that hard to believe? I mean, I think I just had some marshmallows for dinner... seriously, half a bag of marshmallows with two glasses of milk... I'm not hungry anymore...)

I still don't know where the hypno-toad fits into all this.  

Nadian
Crew

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:26 pm
In the end, it's all hearsay, isn't it?

Unless you can absolutely prove that the water was drugged, or that the wheels were planted, or that a plane was indeed at the crash site, we have nothing to go on.

What we know for sure: damage at Pentagon. That's it.

Anything else is either what's been told to us by the government, or told to us by people against the government. Even if somehow we got a visually or audially recorded interview with an eye-witness, or a group of scientists published a study explaining the fruits of their research and inveestigation, the other side would immediately denounce it as a biased source or fabrication.

Basically, the only way to figure out what happened would be eiher getting an objective group of scientists and investigators (foreigners, perhaps?) to examine the site and come up with their own conclusion separate from the federal governments, or to somehow get the confiscated footage leaked to the public.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:48 pm
wow, pretty interesting responces. i likes. I still am not sure what to believe. I wanted to hear what other people thought and alot of you have brought up interesting points.  

gama100

Malekhi

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:57 pm
whats done is done.

the way i see it, bush couldnt care less about the american people, he is just pissing in his own pocket, and dragging other democracies down with him  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:27 am
Malekhi
whats done is done.

the way i see it, bush couldnt care less about the american people, he is just pissing in his own pocket, and dragging other democracies down with him
I don't see how your comment is relevant to the subjuct at hand. stare We were discussing wether or not we believe this conspiracy theory about what happened at the pentagon on 9/11.
Maybe you could make another topic and explain to us how Bush is "dragging other democracies down". wink I'd love to hear what you have to say about it.  

Strideo
Crew

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:24 am
I believe she's referring to reaction of the administration to the event itself, and that it was not a conspiracy so much as just the incompetence of the government.

At least, that's what I think was said. Still, by all means, start another thread on the subject of the current President, I'm sure it'll be a lively one, at least until one side or the other gives up and doesn't want to play anymore.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:15 am
does it really matter??? i mean plane or bomb it caused damge didnt it? well but i did come here to discuss it so *sighs* okay...
It could have been a plane because in the video they said something like 6400 gallons of fuel?! or something like that i mean thats enough to cause a explosion from a missile. and missiles are programmed to explode on impact so if it hit the first wall it would have blown up and if uve ever seen a missile blow that close to the ground it will and does create craters so it could be both or none who knows it really is irrelevent i mean something blew up in the pentagon do u really need to know anymore?  

phsycoticsniper

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:59 pm
It's relevant because it matters whether the government is lying to us or not. If they say it was a plane, but it was actually a missile, why would they tell us otherwise? It would mean that there's something they don't want us to know, either that other nations are able to strike us with missiles from their position, or that the government hit itself with a missile, either on accident or with purpose.

The point is, we as the American people have the right to know what our government is up to, especially if it concerns our safety.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff