Reply Teepees
[IC] =Quiddie's Teepee= Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soquili

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Welcome to the home of Quiddie! and her soquili

Calamity's Stats
Strength - 100%
Courage - 100%
Speed - 100%
Intelligence - 100%
Luck - 100%
Stamina - 100%

Rainbow Reef's stats:
Strength - 64%
Courage - 69%
Speed - 69%
Intelligence - 67%
Luck - 67%
Stamina - 64%

Faust's stats:
Strength - 40%
Courage - 37%
Speed - 41%
Intelligence - 42%
Luck - 40%
Stamina - 37%

The Teepee
User Image
They all live in the forest smile

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:51 pm
Choteka

User Image

Tribe: Natuli. Neighboring the Kawani tribe. It's located by the forest and the mountains.

Physical: Extremely Tall (6'1"), with golden-hued eyes and a head of long, silvery-white hair that used to be black. She's slender and strong, with a stern countenance that made her look older than her years.

Bio: Daughter of the Natuli chief, she had a twin brother named Tuwa. They were very protective of one another. When they were fifteen, a terrible storm ravaged the plains, destroying all the Natuli tribe's crops. The chief bartered food for his people from a distant tribe, but at the expense of Choteka as a bride to the other tribe's chief. He was a pallid, perverse, and horrible man, and Choteka refused to go with him knowing what would be in store for her. Tuwa valiantly stood up for her honor and the right to remain with her people by challenging the chief to a duel. He died, but not before the chief surrendered his claim to Choteka. The depth and severity of Choteka's grief turned her hair completely gray before she turned eighteen. Even to this day, her somber, stoic state is an extension of the loss she still feels.she withdrew almost entirely from her tribe's society, building her teepee on the outskirts of the village.

Her Journal

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:53 pm
Calamity

(aka Cal)

User Image

Calamity is one of the first Kalona offspring in existence. He spent a great deal of time in his youth among "inferior" (read: non-kalona) soquili, and as such, does not hold the same level of contempt for them that most Kalona do.

As an adult, he is constantly berated and ostracized for his way of life. The kalona don't consider him a "true" member of their race, and this has caused a great deal of conflict between Calamity and the Kalona (especially Rotscheck), culminating in his brief travels away from his homeland.

Though he has returned, he is extremely tight-lipped about what went on in his travels, and how he came to be so horribly wounded upon his return. Something about the journey changed his character, though, and he is a more mature and stoic stallion now.

A brief glimpse into Cal's mind:

"I have struggled my entire life, to the detriment of my relationships with my own kind and the brink of my own sanity, to overcome the weaknesses I percieve in my race. The overwhelming xenophobia and blind pride that keeps them forever relagated to the realm of dark, secret monsters in lesser creatures' nightmares..."

He took a deep breath and stepped away from NightShade only far enough to keep his excited wings from flapping and inflicting any damage on his love. "...when they should be the openly acknowledged rulers of these lands and any others they deign to step their hooves upon!"

Had all this rhetoric come about just from his travels? No, he shook away briskly. These were the things he'd wanted and strived for, but never understood how to lend voice to. He only wondered in passing what Selene could possibly think of him at this point. A monster? No better than his race?

But this was, at long last, the very truth of Calamity. He was terribly proud of his kind. And he did consider himself one of them. And more than that, he'd taken upon himself the perilous task of bringing his kin to the forefront of soquili society, where they belonged. But they weren't coming willingly...Maeryn, Rotshreck, and their ilk were proof enough of that.

-- [PRP] "You do know -we- have son?"

Favorite color: Blood Red

Favorite Food:
Deer, elk, the souls of living creatures...and APPLES!

HIMSELF, his family (blood and adopted), hunting, witty repartee, killing humans (which is a bit of a hobby), and NightShade (the first mare Cal has ever considered himself to be in love with!)

Dislikes: Gossip (especially about himself), ANYONE criticizing his friends or family, Spring, humans, being disturbed while sleeping, eating, or hunting

Calamity's Family (orientation)

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Calamity's family ties are similar (as far as he knows) to most Kalona. He knew very little of his mother Rhiana beyond his exodus from the basket, and his father Atrocity he knows only from stories he's been told. Misery, his sister, has gone more the way of his mother in adulthood. As they've gotten older, Mis retreated from social life with other soquili. Cal fears he's beginning to see signs of his mother's own unstable mental condition in Misery's eyes -- that kind of wide-eyed, unformed, irrepressible wildness that makes Rhiana the fear-inspiring creature she is. He meets up with his family on occasion, but recently he's begun to notice that the longer he's lived among the "inferior" soquili, the more out-of-touch he's become from his Kalona roots.

Calamity's Adopted Family

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Very simply, as Cal stuggled to make a life for himself among the "lesser" soquili in the main herd, he formed attachments and bonds to individual soquili just like any living creature does. As such, these are among the most important soquili in his life along with his blood bonds. His firece protectiveness extends just as much, and with the same fervor to these four as with his parents, sister, and mate. Do not cross them, lest you call Calamity's wrath down upon yourself. They are under his protection, whether they realize it or want it at all.

Calamity's Family (procreation)

User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:55 pm
His Growth (And Photo Album)

Unfortunately, I don't have a basket pic.. crying

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:58 pm
His Relationships

User Image
The first soquili that he interacted with aside from his family, she tried to free him prematurely from his basket as a foal. Since then, they've basically grown up together. Below the constant barage of insults, Cal does really value Tehya as his closest friend. He might think more of her, but who can tell through the constant bickering?

User Image His darling "Bluebell", Calamity is probably most vexed by Khairi. He's known him since almost the moment he emerged from his basket. Khairi has always been unblinkingly level and cool against Cal's insults and threats, and it's created an odd mixture of disdain and respect for the blue soquili. When it all comes down to it though, Cal realizes he would always be in Khairi's corner, and hopes the sentiment is reciprocated.

User ImageHe doesn't quite know what to think of Rain yet. She's beautiful, enticing, and attractive to a fault. He's wary of her enthusiasm and growing affinity for him. If he's not careful, he might just accidently let her in a little too deep.

User Image
The only being on the planet Cal has ever apologized to, Calamity has a tremendous amount of respect for the blind war horse, and all he's accomplished. He's stong and silent, and Cal has already proven that his understanding and approval of Degewi is strong enough for Cal to go to fairly great lengths to assist/protect/stand by him.

User Image
After initial suspicions and trepidations about Remy upon his arrival, Cal has realized the dark stallion to be an ally. They share a common contempt for the stallion Vibrant Shades of Death, and LeBeau proved himself to Cal the night he fought (however briefly) the sparkling soquili. Since then, they've talked and come to a slightly uneasy understanding. Remy's strength and integrity make him worthy for Cal to consider a friend.

User Image
Wambli is a wind soquili, and as such Cal naturally respects her more than the regular soquili. He is fond of her bright coloring and her fierce independence, and was very excited to learn recently that she was pregnant from the unicorn Jewel. Even more than wind soquili, Cal considers alicorns to be almost of the same caliber as Kalona, and he looks forward to meeting Wambli's foals. He's already become attatched to the idea of them...who knows how he'll react when he finally meets them?

User Image
Vib is the brazen, disrespectful soquili that brought Calamity and Remy together as friends. His disparaging comments about a mare raised Remy's ire, and Vib's disrepect in general for Cal made him an instant enemy. Since the night of Remy's fight with Vib, Calamity hasn't seen so much as a technicolored hair from the stallion. But he knows gleefully that if they do meet again, and the glitterly excuse for a soquili hasn't changed his tune, Cal with certainly change it for him.

User Image
Rotschreck is the problem Cal has been fearful of facing for quite a while since reaching adulthood. His decision to live (somewhat) among the soquili has always been an uneasy one, and the more he comes into contact with other kalona, the more he's realized how soft-hearted he's become. Rotscheck really is (though he's loathe to admit it), the kind of kalona Calamity wants to be. His own confrontation with Rotschreck proved his own weaknesses, and Calamity's determined now to repair this inner weakness and become a true kalona once more.

User Image
Aruna is truly a special mare in Calamity's heart. Her sharp tongue is a match for his own, and despite her sometimes-odd behavior, Cal has admired her since he was a colt. Now that he's grown, though, he affections for Rue are strickly friendly, and her past romantic involvement with Rahu and current with Delano make this relationship unwaiveringly platonic. He watches out for her like a brother though, and had words with Rahu in order to make sure he was treating Aruna fairly. Even though he hates the name, he'll always be her "Shorty".

User Image
Selene is the first fluttercorn Calamity had ever heard of, and the most beautiful soquili Cal has ever seen, even as a foal. She charmed him immediately, and he became very protective of this little one. Both Rahu (who he is now on much better terms with) and he share "Mommy" duties, but Cal sees great promise in the filly's future. Her nature is almost kalona-esque, and unbeknownst to Cal, she will most likely grown up to be his ideal mate. But how can he reconcile fatherly instincts and genuine attraction?  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:01 pm
Calamity's Stuff

A gift from Harperking, and surprisingly enough Cal's favorite treat! ^^

Treats from the Birthday celebration (and hooray for more apples!)...and even though Calamity isn't a big fan of plushies, Choteka is!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:01 pm
Rainbow Reef

(aka Reefie)

User Image

Rainbow Reef is a water-loving stallion who feels almost more at home in the ocean than on dry land (since he's based off the LF seal of the same name).

For those who meet him, he may seem a little ditzy, but he's just a good natured surfer-boy that's just spent a bit too much time in the sun. Respectful and kind, he's the shyest of Q's herd. Reefie is all for making friends, but he can find it hard to relate to soquili that don't share his passion for water.

Favorite color:
Deep blue

Favorite food:
Seaweed, and fish (little known fact: he is one of the few non-kalona carnivorous soquili!)

Anything that reminds him of the ocean (i.e. Salt, sand, and the soquili Kimi and T'Cora)

Dislikes:
Mountains, Snow, high-strung soquili, Human adult males (but the women and children are cute)

Where you'll find him:
Down at the beach, playing with the two-legger children in the village, or snoring loudly in his tent!

Friends: Jeevita, Nalani, T'Cora, and Faust

Enemies: none!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:02 pm
Faust

User Image

Faust was found in his basket and adopted and raised by Selene and Calamity. (Yes, Selene did ALL the work, except for when Calamity would feed him bits of meat). Despite Selene's loving efforts, he has grown to resent his mother for having foals of her own. Consequently, his drive in life is to make his "father" proud and become the type of kalona-like stallion Cal expected him to be...

Favorite Color: Gold

Favorite Food: Meat, though he's actually NOT carnivorous. There are rumors that the flesh he was fed as a foal has made him a little touched in the head...

Likes: Nightfall, Calamity (hero-worship much?), apples, praise

Dislikes: Functional nuclear families, humans, anything that takes his parents' attention away from him.

NOTE: This kid's got ISSUES. Fair Warning.

Faust's Family

User ImageUser Image  

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:04 pm
Reserved 8/10  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:07 pm
Reserved 9/10  

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:09 pm
Reserved 10/10  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:25 pm
First Official RP! (Starts off a little wonky at first, but gets better)

Quiddie!
InfinitiesOfSoules

Tehya: *starts chewing on Calamity's basket*

*Calamity pauses his usual growling and snorting, surprised. He whinnies confusedly*

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya: *nickers* Calm down you. *resumes the chewing*
(Tehya likes baskets. They taste good They're just so cute and... innocent? >>; )

Meeki
((What can only be determined as a strange hissing sound comes from within Misery's basket.))

InfinitiesOfSoules
((Tehya: o-o? *flops over towards Misery* question question question *snuffles at them curiously* These are strange baskets...))

Quiddie!

Cal: *eye-twiitch* WHAT? Did you just tell me to calm down? WHO ARE YOU?

*completely flips out in his little wicker home*

Shariea
(( Kitara: *skips up to The growling baskets and sniffs at them* Basket liberation! *she nudges at them with her nose* be free! ))

Ronove

Khairi - *attempts to hiss back, succeeding in making a strange coughing noise* Hush, you.

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya: *uses her teeth to tug Calamity closer* I'm Tehya. Say it. Teh-ya. And stop flipping, you'll break something. *nuzzles the basket* So cute! *nudges at the top of the baskets, hoping for a peek inside*

Quiddie!

*Cal hears another something on the outside telling either him or his sister to be quiet. Hits berserker mode. +2 damage to the inside of his basket*

"No! Not going to say your name! And you can't make me!"

*sees a sliver of light*

"And get away from my lid! Leggo! MOM!"

Shariea
(( Kitara: *wrinkles her nose and snorts* Nooo, Be free *nudges the basket some more*

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya: *tries hissing* Urk! gonk Teh-ya. Say it! Teh-ya! Teh-ya! *starts hooving? gently and chewing on the basket*

Ronove

Khairi: *watches exchange and snickers*

Quiddie!
"Won't do it! Won't do it!"

Cal feezes, trying to make sense of the commotion outside. Hearing the chewing sound again, he tries to head-butt the part of the basket he thinks is being chewed upon.

Meeki
Rhiana swoops down from the air and lands behind her baskets, stomping and thrashing at the earthy ground below in an attempt to get Tehya away from her babies.

Shariea
(( Kitara: Eee! demon! *turns tail and runs away* dont worry baskets! You'll be free! ))

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya snorts in alarm and throws herself over the baskets, stretching out her body to try and protect as much of them as she can, not realizing this very mean-looking Soquili is their mother. "Go away, you big meanie!" she yelled, frantic. "Or I'll... I'll... do something! Something so mean, and so scary!" Her eyes were almost rolling in panic, but she couldn't let this mean horse stomp on the babies!

Quiddie!

Somehow recognizing his mother's proximity, Calamity neighed excitedly.

"Get her, momma! Get her off me now!"

He hopped and thrashed a bit within his basket, unable to hide his glee at the thought of Tehya being put in her place by his mum. "Get her get her get her!"

Meeki
Rhiana bared her fangs and growled out, "Perhaps I should just kill you here and now. I'm sure my babies wouldn't mind a little snack waiting for them when they were ready to come out of their baskets. Of course, torturing you sounds rather fun as well. You can choose. Cling to my baskets and suffer a fate worse than death, cower and grovel before me with your apologies and die a painless and quick death or," Rhiana paused briefly while lowering her head closer to Tehya, "You can run and if you're quick enough, live to see another day."

InfinitiesOfSoules

Tehya tossed her mane, scowling at the Kalona. "You don't scare me." she lied, knowing her entire body was shaking. "And you were going to step on your own babies? What kind of a mother are you, huh? If all mommies stink like that, I'm glad I don't have one." She snapped her teeth at the end of the older Soquili's nose. "And what were you doing, leaving your poor babies all alone. What if they'd had someone mean come over, huh? That's very bad!" her voice was firm, and she scowled at the Kalona.

Ronove

Khairi: *steps closer to the babies and flicks his tail* Calm down, Rhia.

*eyes Tehya* And I'd get going if I were you, kiddo.

Quiddie!

Not necessarily out of a sense of duty towards Tehya, Calamity interjected.

"Are you joking? Get out of here! Nobody was bothering us until you got here! Everyone else knows better...and you'd better get out of here as fast as possible. Momma isn't joking, and I don't want your guts to get all over me in here!"

Meeki
"You have got to be one of the most stupid creatures I have ever seen. I can promise you, my babies are just as mean as I am.. if not.. more so. I'd kill you right now for your insults but I think I'll let you live so that Misery and Calamity can tear you apart themselves once they are ready to leave their baskets. I am sure they are already daydreaming about the many ways they can cause you pain. Also, I am never too far from my babies but their independence is important to our race. If they need me.. I will come but until they call, they have EVERY right to deal with their situations on their own. Do not underestimate a Kalona, even in a basket!"

Rhiana lowered her horn and proceeded to pry Tehya off her baskets. Since Calamity was the one harassed by Tehya, he earned the right to cause this creature pain. It will give him something to look forward to when he was ready to face the world.

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya snorted. She hadn't been clinging to the basket, she'd been standing over them, so it was relatively easy for her to be lifted off them by the much older creature. "I only wanted to play with them! I want to play with them!" she whinnied, kicking and wailing. She scowled at the Kalona. "And you shouldn't underestimate me either." she told Rhiana, eyes blazing. "You'll see!

Quiddie!

Finally feeling accustomed to the soft ground beneath his hooves, Calamity walked slowly back to the group, where his basket once sat. Seething, he looked around amoung the assembled humans and soquili and snorted. "Where is the one called Tehya? I'm done having my mother do my dirty work for me."

His front hoof dug menacingly into the moist soil beneath him as he struggled with the unrelenting torrent of anger and violence battering his judgement. Something so young was never meant to feel this much rage already.

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya snorted, looking up as the foal emerged from his basket. "Oh! You're all big now!" she said, eyes bright. "Will you play with me?" her eyes were hopeful, but somehow she guessed that he wouldn't want to play with her. Which kind of made her sad. Tehya was lonely, and Citlalli was always out doing something. If even her human wouldn't play with her, she wondered... who would want to?

But this was a Kalona, and judging by what his mommy had said, Kalona didn't like to play games. How sad was a Kalona's life, if they didn't like to play games?

Quiddie!

He recognized the voice immediately. So this was Tehya...

He didn't know what he had been expecting, but she wasn't much bigger than he was. He tilted his head and assessed their differences. Her tail was hair, and she was significantly less pointy than he...and wingless!

His anger momentarily abated, he stepped closer, his eyes still narrowed dangerously. "Why do you look different than me?"

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya stepped closer to him as well. "Well, I guess that's because I'm not special, like you." she said simply. She admired his tail- it looked so unique! Stepping closer, she hesitantly nosed at him, sniffling around him. He looked different, but he smelled like a Soquili. "Your mommy said you're Kalona." she tossed her head, moving carefully. "Why do you look like you're angry? Did I really make you hate me that much? I just wanted to talk to somebody." she whispered. She eyed the other filly, but her attention came back to the colt.

Quiddie!

Cal eyed Tehya incredulously as she sniffed him. He stood up a little straighter and curled his lip into a little sneer as he spoke. "You're right...I am special. And you are not."

He whipped his tail around him and stepped away from the female lifting his chin proudly. "I am a kalona, like my parents and sister. We are powerful and unique, and do not take kindly to the likes of you."

"And," he added, his carefully cocky demeanor faltering with his age, "I am not angry...well...I am! I hate you because you wouldn't leave me alone..."

He couldn't help the tiny prickle at the back of his mind. Succumbing momentarily to it, he lowered his head and frustratedly kincked the dirt. "I don't hate you...not really. But I don't like you at all. So leave me alone!"

He reared up on his hind legs and spread out his wings as malevolently as he could manage.

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya knew it had been coming, but she couldn't stop the flash of hurt. But she tilted her head and looked at Calamity gently. "Of course. But it isn't power to be mean to everyone. It just makes people not like you." she said frankly. "I'm sorry I kept trying to play with you. I won't do it again." she murmured, and turned, starting to plod away dejectedly. Oh well, at least she'd gotten to talk to another Soquili... it was nice. And the Kalona momma had been really pretty. Maybe she'd be lucky and grow up to be so big and strong.

Quiddie!

"Good. Because you shouldn't." Cal clenched his jaw and nodded at her retreating form. He was sure his mother would be proud of him.

He snorted victoriously at the ground, as if celebrating his triumph over the small part of him that thought she was nice and rather pretty. Not as pretty as himself, mind you, but in a different way.

But he was better than that, and he was better than her. That's what his mother said and she was right. He folded his wings back to rest and looked around. With her gone, he had nothing to do...and he was still angry but had no one to vent it on.

Neighing loudly, he decided to take his frustrations out on a lone yellow flower blooming hopefully in a patch of grass. He trampled it vindictively, smiling for the first time since he'd emerged from his basket.

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:28 pm
Calamity's Wrath!

Quiddie!
Calamity stomped moodily through the clearing. He was bored, and even grumpier than usual, which was saying quite a lot. Every few steps or so, he'd rear back on his hind legs and give the mightiest neigh his little lungs could manage.

Silent Spy

Nashota saw the most bizarre figure of a Soquili she has ever seen. She picked up her cloth bag full of food and began to walk towards the Soquili. As she got closer, she was able to get a clearer view of the Soquili. It wasn't a normal Soquili, it was a Kalona.

~~~
((flashback))~~~
Nashota has only seen one Kalona in her life, the Kalona that attacked her mother and father. When the Kalona attacked her parents, Nashota's brother was able to rescue them, but it was too late. The injuries were too severe and Nashota's mother and father past away...and the Kalona was never seen again.
~~~
((end flashback))~~~

Nashota got a good look at the Kalona, hiding behind a rock. She prayed the Kalona Soquili did not notice her. Then, she did the only thing she could think of...

"Help!" she screamed as loud as she could, drawing the Kalona's attention. Her eyes widened and she turned to run away but tripped over her own feet and fell to the ground. She screamed again as she tried to stand up.

Quiddie!
Cal's attention was immediately drawn by the two-legger. His ears, pricked, and his eyes narrowed at the whisp of a human that had foolishly cried out. He turned towards her and galloped the short distance across the clearing, pumping his wings menacingly (but still futiley, since he was not skilled at using them yet).

Rather than attempt to communicate, he bared his teeth and whinnied loudly, crashing down his front hooves angrily next to her. He didn't approve of this human spying on him, especially if she lacked the ability to stand in his presence.

Silent Spy

Nashota laid down on her back as she screamed even louder. She felt the rush of adrenaline and kicked her foot into Calamaty's face. She then quickly stood up while the Soquili was distracted and hit the horse with her bag. She swung the bag around her, then quickly opened it up and searched for her dagger, but it was missing.

She then grabbed a rock and got ready to throw the rock, ready for battle.

Quiddie!

The human's foot laid open a small cut on Cal's jaw, and where he had been annoyed before, the kick along with the bag's hit had made him positively irate. He would kill this thing. That was an absolute certainty now.

He lowered his head and slowly approached, his green eyes glinting. Leave, he thought to himself. Turn and run...right now. Because unless someone else shows up, you'll be nothing more than an unpleasant smear in the clearing I'm going to build my teepee in, girl.

He watched the rock clenched unsteadily in the human's hand. It didn't matter whether she threw it or not in the long run. But it would probably be best for her not to anger him further.

Silent Spy

"HELP!" Nashota screamed one more time, as loud as she could.

"What's going on?" asked Wynono, Nashota's twin brother, rushing into the clearing after hearing his sister's cries.

"Nashota!" screamed Wynono, seeing his sister stand in front of a dangerous Kalona.

"Get away from her!" screamed Wynono, tries tackling the Kalona to the ground.

Quiddie!
Calamity froze in shock as he was knocked off-balance by a second human. In truth, he didn't quite understand why they were driving him to such extremes, but he had been told by his parents that humans were very irrational, stupid creatures.

Momma was right.

He recovered his leverage as his side hit the ground, rolling quickly to try and pin some part of the human between the dirt and his horned shoulder as he struggled to get back onto four legs.

Silent Spy

"Ahhh!" screamed Wynono as he felt Calamity's horns go through his chest.

"Help!" he cried, pinned down to the ground. He began to feel queezy from the injury. He felt that he was bleeding severely.

Wynono tried to push the Soquili off of him, but he couldn't. He had no energy left...

"Wynono!" screamed Nashota, tears rolling rapidly down her face. Nashota fell to her knees, crying.

Quiddie!

Cal marvelled momentarily at the damage inflicted by his shoulder. He watched a few crimson drops fall from the normally pink spikes.

Between the male squirming vainly below him, to the disjointed cries of his original assaulter, Calamity felt a strange notion in a deep part of his mind urging him to do the thing he now considered. But could a little colt like this really have it in him to commit such a deed?

A mask of calm resignation washed over his face. Child or not, he was who he was. Staring only at the sobbing girl before him, he reared up once more and drove down his hooves as hard as he could where he knew (from memory) the human's neck would be.

Silent Spy

Wynono was kicked straight in side of his neck, cracking it. Wynono fell to the ground, paralyzed. He blinked as his vision was distorted. He then closed his eyes...

"No!" screamed Nashota, rushing over to her brother's unconcious and bloody body. "Wynono!" she cried, tears flowing down her face more than ever.

"Go away!" she screamed at the Kalona. "GO AWAY!"

She hugged her brother's body, demanding to be left alone.

samus x
Dyami had watched the horrable seen from the edge of the clearing. though he distrusted two-leggers, he would never had done what the colt had done. giving a snort, he was not going to allow this colt to continue his rampage. running over , he stood between the colt and the two-legged girl with a glare.

Quiddie!
Separated suddenly from his second assailant, Cal backed up suddenly and whinnied at the large stallion now blocking his path. "Move!" he cried, prowling in place as he watched the girl sitting there beside the broken human as if she were just waiting for him to come and finish the job.

"I said move, you! I'm...not...DONE...YET!" He stamped the ground anxiously and looked the adult dead in the eye.

Silent Spy
Nashota let out a small whimper as the Kalona stomped its foot.

She looked up at the Soquili standing between them, still crying. She realized, however, that the second Soquili was trying to protect her.

samus x
Dyami snorted and stood his ground. he was not about to let a colt push him around. " oh i think your done, boy." glaring at the colt, he knew what he was and did not care. still, he was no going to let the colt continue to attack the two-leggers.

Quiddie!
"What?" Cal snorted and ceased his stamping about. "Do you know who I am? What I am?"

Stepping closer to the older Soquili, he faltered momentarily as he realized the tremendous difference in size between the two. He tried to hide his sudden lack of machismo in his voice. "And who the hell do you think you are to stand in my way? She's mine, and I'm not through with her yet."

He noticed out of the corner of his eye that the female had stopped whimpering. He crouched below Dyami and neighed very loudly at her to remind her that he was still a threat and would deal with her accordingly after this unfortunate interruption.

samus x
Dyami took a step forwar at the colt. " oh i know what you are. and i care very little about who you are. i suggest you stop now before im forced to take action." giving a stomp of his hoof and a snort, he hoped to keep the colts attention til the two-legger left. "you should know where your out matched little boy."

Silent Spy
Nashota let out a high pitched shriek as she stood up and ran for her life, leaving her brother's body behind her. She then turned back to retrieve it, but decided it was best not to and that she will have to come back later.

*I need to get to the tribe and alert others,* thought Nashota. *We need to save Wynono.*

She then thought about it for longer.

*No, I can't put them at risk to,* she thought. Nashota continued to run and hide behind a nearby tree, so that the other Soquilis wouldn't be able to see her.

*I must wait here until nightfall, or until the other Soquilis leave,* she thought. *Then I will return to my brother.*

Quiddie!

Cal's attentions were refocused immediately by Dyami's hoof. As he spoke, Calamity absently noticed the female scampering off, leaving the body behind.

"Filthy humans...don't even have the decency to drag off their own. She's going to leave that boy for dead, and you want to protect her?"

He tried to puff out his chest as best he could. "I may be outmatched for now, but you'll see. When I'm all grown up I'll be back for you too!"

With his last childish word, he hopped in place and sneered, sticking out his tongue.

samus x

Dyami glared and bared his teeth at the colt. " i may hate humans too but i wont attack them." he snorted and stomped a hoof again. " evven if you grow up, i know for sure i could take you. i am with a herd who would help me in if needed. so if you try to come after me later one, your as good as beaten boy." now aggrevated with this colt, it was the only time he truely had been mad.

Quiddie!

Vindictively happy in his successfully getting the adult's hackles up, the little colt nickered condescendingly. "Yeah, we'll see about that, human-lover."

He snorted and turned his back on Dyami, refolding his wings against his back several times to make sure the soquili noticed how special he was for having wings at all.

samus x
Dyami was more than mad now at being called a human lover. " your dead wrong little boy. i dont like them but i wont let something like you kill them." he pawed the ground in anger, as the colt dared to turn his back on him.oh how he wanted to teach that colt a lesson, but refrained from doing anything.

Quiddie!

Cal waiting for what he was sure would be coming from Dyami, but nothing came. Just a few frustrated words. He was nothing if not disappointed. Refusing to deign even to look over his shoulder at the soquili, Calamity sighed and tossed his mane. "You only wish you had the guts to do it at all, you cowardly old man. But it's alright, I'll be the one to protect us from those unworthy beasts...and from the likes of you, their 'protector'. Hah."

He rolled his eyes, bored with the stallion. His eagerness to inflict pain on the woman temporarily faded, he trotted happily off to find something else to amsue him, as if the gruesome deed had never occured.

samus x
Dyami snorted. " thats what you think little boy." he spat those words out and watched the colt leave. knowing if he met that colt again, he would definatly teach him a lesson.

Silent Spy
Nashota stayed quite for a whole three hours. The sky had become dark and filled with tiny stars. She then finally stood up and leaned against the bark of the tree very quietly. She peered her head around the tree to see if the Soquili was still there.

Realizing that the clearing was now empty, Nashota rushed over to her brother's limp body, lying in the middle of the ground.

She clinged onto his cold body and looked into his eyes. There was no life nor glare in his eyes. He was dead.

"No!" she cried, holding her brother tightly. "No!"

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:33 pm
Calamity Meets His Match

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki
She decided that her obsession with Wind Soquili also bordered on a slight fascination with the Kalona Soquili. They, too, had wings (not as majestic as the Wind), but they could fly. Something that Aruna longed for, more than for a mate. She wished to have wings so dearly, often times she ran hard and long just to see if she could sprout wings and soar the skies like the Wind and the Kalona.

She felt all right with the Kalona (having met one as a child and grew up with him) but afterwards, she had not seen Wyvern in a long time, therefore pushed the Kalonas to the back of her mind. Now that she was alone with nothing else to think of, the Kalona Soquili came unbidden into her thoughts. Her mind was a whirl of raging thoughts, bouncing back and forth as she thought long and hard on the Kalona.

Would she ever meet one again? She had only ever met one Kalona (she was quite happy to know several Wind, in fact) and would love to know more about the Kalona. In their own way, they, too, were majestic and stunning. She, sometimes, awed them, but never feared. No. She was never taught to fear, she fear she did not. She smirked. That was quite an excellent gain from her father, indeed...

Quiddie!
Calamity was the unnervingly-cold, blindingly-vicious little colt his mother raised him to be thusfar, and he was nothing if not proud of those traits. Freed from his basket for only a few days, he'd already managed to have several confrontations with other soquili (both kids and adults). Not to mention the fond recollection of his dispatching of a particularly troublesome human. These events had served to steel his nerves, and with each passing day Calamity found less and less to fear in the world.

On one of his many journeys through the lands occupied by the soquili, Calamity decided to try and seek out another Kalona other than his family. After a few unlucky hours of finding any other soul (let alone a Kalona), he stumbled across a pretty earth-colored soquili that seemed to be caught up in her own thoughts.

Masking his relief at simply finding another soquili, Cal stomped obnoxiously across the clearing to make her notice him approaching.

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki
Aruna twitched her ears in irritation when the young colt starting stomping his hooves. She had noticed him earlier when his scent hit her nose, but she hadn't yet turned to see him. She turned now to show him that she acknowledged him, and narrowed her eyes questioningly at him. He was actually one of the prettier Kalona she'd seen (and that was saying something, considering Wyvern was nearly pitch black!) and he looked to be a true Kalona...

"Yes?" she asked, her tone coming out slightly impatiently. Schooling her facial expression, she steeled her nerves for an oncoming verbal--maybe physical--fight. "What do you want, colt of the Kalona Soquili? Come to hamper me with vicious words?" She mentally tried to reign in her excitement. A Kalona! She hadn't exactly thought to ever meet another one, but she most definitely was surprised to see that her thoughts seemed to have brought one to her. Now, if she could just gather her wits... She hadn't had a good verbal fight in a while (not since... that night...) and she hoped this Kalona was as good as Wyvern in verbal fights.

Quiddie!
Calamity was temporarily blindsided by the mare's words. He cocked his head to the side and blinked, wondering how on earth she knew enough about him to be on the defensive. He opened his mouth, hesitated, and shut it again. Had he actually been thunderstruck out of the gate? No. No freaking way.

"Who said I was even looking for you?" He glanced around him at all the empty, soquili-less space that hindered his argument. He wrinkled his nose and stuck up his chin anyhow. "Why are you by yourself anyway, you old nag? Senile and lost?"

It was a bit oddly harsh, even for him. But Cal didn't take well to being put in his place so thoroughly, and so quickly as well. Reveling in the cheap shot he made, the little colts' confidence bloomed once more.

He trotted nochalantly over to the mare and circled her appraisingly. She was plain enough, but the keen sharpness of her eyes were undeniable, and he made a mental note to avoid them when possible. She was clever, moreso than quite a few of the other soquili he'd encountered so far. And as much as that intrigued him and drew him toward her, his pride was reminding him that it would be his responsibility first to make sure she understood that he was better than her.

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki
For the first time in a while, Aruna smiled. "Forgive me for being so rude. I suppose I'm a little surprised to see one so great as you even acknowledge my presence." Okay, so she was being sugary with him, but that was fine. In a way, this young colt actually seemed--dare she say it?--kinder than Wyvern had been.

"I never said you were looking for me, by the way. Senile? Lost? Old nag? Quite a description. Should I add more? Stupid? Idiotic? Plain? I've heard it all, little colt of the Kalona, because you're not the first. Be happy to be the second I've met, however, because I've been... shall I say... dying?... to meet another of your kind."

She could tell he had been slightly stunned when she had first spoken with him. She smirked mentally. Perfect. Now, to add a bit more fuel to the fire. "Oh, yes, I forgot, O my superior being, that I'm not one to bow down so quickly to those who I--I will admit, are quite more majestic--than I."

She had to put it down to the colt though; he knew what he was doing, and she knew he'd grow to be a handsome--albeit, rude, harsh, possibly evil--Kalona stallion. Of course, that only depended on whether the young cold actually met her tastes. So far, he seemed to be making it. Maybe. Aruna found herself wondering why she enjoyed the company of so many smart-mouth Soquilis.

Probably... because she loved to argue. Heh. She was such... a loser. Oh well.

Quiddie!
This wasn't going anywhere near how he'd intented it to be. Perhaps it was because he wasn't the first of his kind she'd known, but her witty double speak was having more than it's intended effect on the little colt; he was at his wit's end trying to come up with some sort of retort and keeping himself from bursting into frustrated tears. She a horrible, horrible old goat, and he hated her through and through.

His brow was knitted tight enough to cause a headache in anyone that simply saw him, he could not think to say anything at all. In her delicate interplay between saccharined compliment and insult, she had dismantled the only means of verbal assault he'd known. With her, he would have to try harder.

He stepped back and clenched his jaw. "So it seems the only thing left for me to ask is why you seem so obssessed with my kind? Other than our obvious looks...there's got to be a reason. Is it that a plain and wholly unattractive mule like yourself wishes to be special and unique? Because I certainly couldn't pick you out of a crowd...what is your name?"

He flicked his tail hopefully. He was genuinely curious who this soquili could be. He'd be sure to ask his mother the moment he got home. Especially if she knew others like him too!

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki
Aruna's eyes softened slightly at the sight of the colt furrowing his brow to try and come up with a retort. "I'm sorry," she said sincerely, "I see I may have been too harsh. Or shall I show you a lesson all Kalona need to know?" She hoped that with the way she spoke with him, he most definitely would be an awesome Kalona.

"An old, plain, unattractive mule as I am? Yes, I wish to be special and unique as you are. To fly and be free, to be able to express things as you do." She probably sounded like a fool to the poor dear. But that was fine; she didn't mind at all. "I'm Aruna, colt of the proud Kalona. Your name, I'm sure, will be magnificent...

"I do hope to see you when you become an adult." She smiled at him--a genuine smile--and her golden eyes sharpened. "For then, I would love to have a good arguement with you." She hoped this colt didn't belong to whom she figured he might belong to. She had heard rumors of two Kalona mating, and those two had been heard of to be some of the most vicious of their kind...

Quiddie!
Absolutely infuriating. Now she was being genuinely nice to him? She pitied him. Poor little colt, too stupid to even speak to like a normal soquili. It only served to harden his heart against her even further. He lowered his head, his dour mood darkening further. "My name is Calamity, son of Atrocity and Rhiana and brother to Misery. And if you value your own life, mare, never try to cajole me again."

Every muscle in his back and neck tensed up, and his wings arched gracefully off his shoulders. "You're clever, I'll give you that. But give me time and I'll glady until and quiet that sharp and limber tongue of yours."

He dared to look into her fluid golden gaze. It was now a mixture of several elements: some he could identify, and others he would not understand until he was much farther along in age. "Why do you seek a fight, Aruna?"

He realized privately that this was the first time he'd ever addressed another soquili by name.

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki
Aruna's genuine smile turned cold, before melting into a smirk. "Ah. You truly fit your father and mother, even as I do not know them. I've merely heard rumors. And... I do not value my life." She figured Calamity was riled up quite a bit now. How nice. "If you think I pity you, I do not. You're intelligent enough.

"More so, actually, than most I've met." She fell silent a moment, and then spoke again. "I seek a fight? I suppose I do. Maybe I just wish to die by someone majestic..." she hinted slightly, but in truth, she wanted someone who she could take comfort in, even if they yelled at her. Rahu... Rahu, she thought with an angry mental snarl, did not deserve her in the least.

Actually, this was the first time another male had actually been downright honest with her. Calamity could see right through her, just like she could with him. How... odd. She stared at him a bit longer, narrowing her eyes thoughtfully. Yes... he'd be magnificent and handsome as an adult. She herself wasn't that old, either... She shook her head. What was she thinking? She truly was getting senile... but not old. Never old.

Quiddie!
"Is it my turn to say something heartfelt and hopeful? There's plenty to live for? You have to look to see the beauty of life...blah blah blah? Well it's not going to happen, I assure you."

He spoke frankly and sternly at the older soquili, as though they were both of the same age and standing. "If you don't see the value in your own life, why would you expect anyone else to?"

He snorted and kicked idly at the ground. "Despair doesn't suit you, mare."

That's it, that was as close to passing for a compliment as he would allow himself today or any other day. He shut down mentally, closing himself off to being anything more than the rude little child he'd entered the clearing as. "Silly ninny of a mare...wants to jump off a cliff for crying out loud."

He narrowed his eyes and flapped his wings mockingly. "Shame you wouldn't have a pair of these once you came to your senses halfway down the cliff!"

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki
She smirked. "Too bad there isn't a cliff anywhere near here. Are you an idiot? Of course I value my life! Otherwise, I wouldn't get to meet such a beautiful creature as you are. If I cannot see my obsessions, then I have no life, in my own way." She had to silently congradulate the young colt. He was learning to compliment with hidden insult. Good. "Ninny? Strange. I've yet to have been called that. Why, thank you!" A small bit of sarcasm, but that was okay.

"Ah, yes..." her eyes sparkled and glittered slightly at the sight of his wings. "Quite a shame, indeed. If only I had wings... I most like could soar and rule the skies..." Some sarcasm there, as well. "But do you expect me to be such a fool to actually try such a deed? Perhaps, should I get desperate enough. Maybe I might just sprout wings." She laughed then, a cold laugh, a laugh that could better match one of his kind. Her gold eyes were stone cold as she stared at the sky.

Quiddie!
"You are absolutely stark-raving mad, d'you know that? I hear what they say about my mother. They say she's insane. But clearly they haven't met you. What are you blathering about?"

He knew she was trying to have some sort of deep, thoughtful moment, but he had no interest in it, and it made her sound touched in the head.

"Why are you obessed with my kind, anyway? Or was it just the one, and now you're trying to project him onto me?" It was something atartlingly adept for him to say, and personal to the point of near-sincerity. He had to fix it.

"Did he dump you or something? Because I would completely understand why he did."

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki
"You're quite perceptive for a little one." She glowered at him. "The stallion I talk of has moved on, as well as I. We both happen to hate each other." She spat out the words heatedly, eyes glowing with hatred at the mention of the stallion she was thinking of.

"I'm obsessed with your kind merely because your kind can fly free." It was true. If the winged ones ever so wished, they could fly away and never return. "I'm not crazy, by the way. I just happen to have strange thoughts."

Okay, she was joking again, but she wasn't crazy at all. This Kalona colt was quite amusing, to say the least. "Touche, young Calamity. You're really quite remarkable."

Quiddie!
"Enough of your compliments, mare. I get it. You're bizarre, and I'm remarkable. There is very little in the way of discoveries being made today. I already knew I was unique and gifted...and I work on the assumption that pretty much everyone else I meet is crazy or completely unworthy of my attention. You happen to fit the bill of the former. Be pleased. If nothing else I find you interesting."

Cal began to pace in place anxiously. He was still a foal, and had far outreached the attention span held by children of his age. He sighed and shook his mane. "But not anymore...right now at least. I'm going to go, but I don't think this is the last time we'll meet. Not by a long shot. I'll keep my eye on the cliffs, in case you change your mind, you silly mare. Goddbye."

He preened his wings and allowed a small tic to pull a muscle in the side of his jaw just enough to give Aruna the ghost of a smile. He nodded and without waiting for another word trotted off in the opposite direction. He didn't quite know what to think of her. He'd reserve judgement of the slightly different mare for another meeting, a first for the normally rash Kalona.

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki
Aruna watched as he trotted away, obviously hoping he appeared dignified. Well, until he was a full-grown stallion, he merely looked like a child stalking off to sulk. At least in her eyes. "Farewell, then, young Calamity. Until we meet again."

And... was the a smile she saw? Well, it sort of was. Kalona didn't smile, they smirked. But whatever. "I'm glad I meet your idea of worthlessness," she muttered sarcastically under her breath. "Silly? Will he always call me that? Tch."

She ambled away from the cliffs, for surely, it was late, and she had to return to her human's home where she stayed. Her father would worry. For a Kalona, Calamity was quite different. In a way, she had to put him above the other Kalonas... Hmph. He got a real compliment from her.

She'd never tell him that. She hoped.

((Here ends the RP! heart ))

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:50 pm
Calamity Relaxes With Friends(?)

Quiddie!
It was a dreadfully quiet day in the clearing the soquilis normally congregated. Calamity, lacking for any other sort of entertainment, spent long minutes lying lazily in the grass, snapping his teeth at nothing in particular and making odd and gruesome faces at the bugs and grass.
Chamain
Taking another step, she saw nothing in her path. Neither did she enjoy it. Awnae wanted to bother something. Seeing that there was something else laying in the grass, the mare crepted over to it. I wonder what it may be... Slowly hiding behind it, she saw that it was a soquili. But a young one. Oh... Standing there, she just looked down at it.
InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya trotted out of the teepee she and Citlalli shared, shaking herself and sipping at the river nearby. Uggg, she was feeling so... lethargic. What should she do? Maybe... go on an adventure! But for that, she'd have to have the proper supplies. Citlalli always said that one needed to be properly equipped to go on a hunt.

The filly stuck her head back in the tent, and dragged out one of the Lakota woman's blankets, laying it flat on the grass. Chomping up some long blades of grass, she laid it in the blanket, as well as one of the warrior woman's bows. She didn't exactly know what it was for, but Citlalli called it important. What else did she take?

After a few minutes raiding the teepee for things Citlalli deemed important (most of which would be useless to a Soquili), Tehya folded in each of the four cormers of the blanket one at a time as she had seen her human do, and picked it up by the middle, trotting off.

As she wandered through one of the clearings, probably an hour into her adventure, she noted a familiar looking Soquili colt making faces at the grass. "I'm sure it feels such unimaginable fear, the grass. They don't know what to do with such a terror. Look, it's running away! You might want to catch it." her voice was dry.
Chamain
Head popped up, she heard a foal talking. Couldn't really tell if it was a filly or a colt. Taking steps towards the sound, she could see 2 young soquilis in the field. Hmph... Standing there, she watched them closely. Seeing that there were a filly and colt in front of her.
Ronove
The humming of insects combined with the heat of the sun on his flanks effectively put Khairi into a doze. It was so warm out... shaking his head, he tried (and failed) to wake himself up. With a sigh he stepped into the shade of the forest and began walking towards the clearing he'd met other Soquili in. Maybe some company would serve to liven up the day.

He trotted out of the shadows and stretched in the afternoon sun light, studying the area around him. Movement in the tall grass caught his eye and he focused on a particularily tall clump close to the shade of a single oak. A second soquili, the filly he'd met a few days ago, was also attracted to the movement. Although, by her attittude, she wasn't particularly thrilled with her findings. Khairi recognized the colt in the grass as the impudent (though entertaining) youngster he'd seen earlier.

Another mare stood at the edge of the clearning, one he hadn't seen before. While keeping an eye on the two foals he walked over to the adult, bowing his head in greeting as he stopped next to her.

"Nice day." He said softly. Not much of a greeting, but it would do.
Tamiko-chan
Maeve blinked. The sun was too bright, she thought, and attempted to shut it out by closing her eyelids. The sunlight, though, persisted even through those and so she found herself shaking out her mane and messing around with her jaw. She had slept uncomfortably, and now she was sore.

Folding her ears back in an irritated way, the filly looked around herself. The teepee she shared with the two-legger wasn't too far off. She didn't remember doing so, but she figured that she must have come back here before napping. It was a smart move, she thought, for the human was always able to keep her safe and protected, comfortable. But of course she couldn't stay here forever. Her curious nature kicked in immediately after she had awaken, and within the next few moments she was trotting out over the lands, going wherever the wind went.

Eventually she slowed, her bright eyes spotting what looked like a gathering of sorts. Four Soquili, she counted. Ears pricked forward, alert.

For once, Mae stayed silent. There was one with wings, and that upset her. Never before had she seen such things attached to a horse, and right now she wasn't at all sure whether she could stand looking at it. They were ghastly to her, looking as if they hurt sticking out from the other's body like that...

The filly snorted, not at all sure what to think of it.

Quiddie!
"You again. Honestly." He rolled his eyes and stood slowly, adjusting his slightly sore jaw and snapping it shut with a snort. He sighed lazily as he hesettled the wings on his back.

"You know, I might even consider that an impressive comment were it not for the bundle hanging stupidly from your mouth."

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya scowled and moved so that she was standing, bundle over the colt's head, before dropping it. "That bundle is supplies for my adventure." she said importantly. "I have food, and the strange stick my human carries, and all sorts of stuff. I even brought a spare set of clothes." triumphantly she pulled out Citlalli's favorite pair of buckskin breeches. "Though I don't know why they are important for an adventure."

She pawed at the grass before settling down, staring at the Kalona.

Ronove
Khairi twitched his tail, swatting away a pesky horsefly, and watched the foals in the meadow. It had been over a week since he'd last seen Death and he was begining to wonder if she had forgotten him. Khairi didn't think so, but he missed her... and he didn't really get close to others that easily. An insect hummed close to his ear and he stifled a yawn. Even in the shade at the edge of the forest the heat was overpowering...

No! The blue stallion shook his head and stomped a hoof in an effort to wake up. He'd learned the hard way that succumbing to sleep could be a bad idea; even deadly, although he doubted it would lead to that here. With a snort he stepped out of the shade and approached the two foals.

"Quite a bundle you've got there, Tehya." Khairi grinned at the young filly. "Planning a trip, lass?"

Quiddie!

Thankfully, the bundle wasn't terribly heavy. But still, her little act of defiance angered him.

"Are you naive or just retarded?" Cal stamped angrily and shook his mane before snatching the breeches from her.

"Teyha (he didn't realize he'd used her name), you don't wear clothes. You don't need them! Humans use them because they can't control their excrement and need these things to catch all their waste for them! Don't know anything?"

He then remembered he was holding the pants in his mouth. He dropped them immediately and began spitting and gagging all over the clearing.

In the middle of a fake-vomit, he noticed the smooth, thoroughly aggravating voice of the sky-colored pony he'd met before. "You? What are YOU doing here?"

He pouted his lower lip slightly and knotted his eyebrows, furious that he was taking her attention away. "Don't you have someone your own age to bother? Or are you just a ***** class="clear">

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya watched the Kalona with a light much akin to amusement in her eyes. "But we don't exactly bother to catch our own excrement." she pointed out. "I think it's rather polite of them."

She snorted a laugh when the Kalona realized he'd been holding the pants in his mouth. As he pranced around the clearing, gagging and spitting, she carefully retrieved the pants, setting them back on the bundle.

Khairi's voice made her spin around. "Mr. Bluebell!" she exclaimed, and pranced over, nudging the larger stallion affectionately.

Ronove
Khairi grinned as Tehya greeted him, although he winced inwardly as she used her nickname for him. Cal would have a field day. Laughing despite himself, he turned to face the Kalona who, having finished his dance around the field, was now pouting at both of them.

"***** or no, I won't bother you, lad." Khairi winked. "You're promised to Rahu, remember? As for this young lady," He looked down at Tehya, "we're just friends."

Cal's comment stung him deeper than he'd like, though. No Soquili his age? He knew some, but the only one he really cared about hadn't been around in a long time. Well, long for him anyways. The blue stallion hid his feelings behind a warm grin.

"Where are you off to with all this, Tehya?" He asked brightly.

Quiddie!
Calamity scowled harder at the Rahu comment. "This coming from someone that goes by the name BLUEBELL? That's rich."

Cal's lip twitched at Tehya cozying up to Bluebell. "Honestly, you two should get a room or something."

He neighed peevishly and mocked the pair, batting his eyes and wickering coquettishly like Tehya, and alternately puffing out his chest and wagging his eyebrows mocking Kairi.

"And she's off to join the tribe of humans...with her smelly britches and all!"

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya stared at Calamity. "Is Rahu your friend?" She asked, scuffing a hoof. She looked at Calamity, big eyes filled with tears. "YOU CHEATER!" she wailed. She turned, burying her face against Khairi's side, giggling. Luckily, it looked like sobs. "I was going on an adventure." she sobbed dramatically, "but now I think I will have to fall into the depths of despair."

She put on her best crocodile tears ans stared at Calamity, eyes watery. "You'd rather be friends with someone named Rahu than me."

Ronove
For a moment Khairi was alarmed, believing that Tehya was really upset. But when she turned to him he caught the sound of giggling and was hard pressed not to smile himself. The blue stallion turned to Calamity and looked him over with raised eyebrows.

"Look what you've done, kiddo." He nuzzled Tehya in a mock attempt to make her feel better. "And as for our friendship..." Khairi's expression grew grimmer. "It probably isn't something you'd understand. I've noticed your parents aren't around much, and you don't ever see your sibling, so you wouldn't recognize a family bond when you see one."

The response was a little harsh and he knew it. The blue stallion winced inwardly but kept a serious face while he continued. "My name is Khairi, actually, boyo. Not Bluebell, but Tehya has permission to call me that." He paused for a moment, then grinned. "And, before you can take it upon yourself to call me that, I give you permission too."

((BTW, I know Khairi isn't related to Tehya, it's more of a adoptive family thing. Ya know? Big brother kinda. Yes. *stops talking*))

Quiddie!
"What do you mean, permission? Do you actually like being called Bluebell? That's it. I think I should be more worried about your advances that she should. And honestly, you horrid crybaby, he's not my friend."

He was confused as to whether or not he was trying to insult Tehya or make her feel better. No, he was just clarifying the facts. That's all. "And Khairi-fairy, just because you don't understand the dynamic of my family, you absolutely haven't the right to judge us!"

"My mother and father...they...they love me very much. Even if they don't show it the way other mums and dads do." He ears began to droop and his demeanor deflated.

"And Misery, well...it's really hard. Mum had been pushing her to follow in her footsteps, so she can't play with me all that often." His little colt voice cracked, and he tried to play it off as if he were clearing his throat.

"But just because we're different..." his voice registered barely over a breathy whisper, and he dropped his hind legs down to sit, his gaze downcast and solemn for the first time ever, "...it doesn't make us worse than you. It doesn't."

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya trotted over to the colt, and tugged on his ear. "Did either of us say it made you worse than us?" The filly was truly confused. "I think you're still very lucky." Tehya admitted. "You know who your mommy and daddy are. Mine... Well, I don't know what happened with them. And I don't have many people to play with. That's why I was going on my adventure. I wanted to get out there, and find my family. That's why I had all the supplies Citlalli said was important.

Really, what do I know about the real world though." The filly laughed at herself. "I didn't even know Soquili couldn't wear pants."

Ronove
The kalona colt's comments made the young stallion flush in shame. He'd known his words were harsh, and he'd made them sharp to hurt the boy. And that's just what he is, a boy. Khairi scolded himself. And he certainly shouldn't suffer because of his parent's skills... or lack there of. The blue stallion hesitated for a moment, the approached the downtrodden colt.

"Listen, lad, Tehya's right. We didn't say you're different." He sighed; he was never good at apologies, much less making others feel better. Things always came out wrong. "I don't really remember much of my parents, just brief flashes." Khairi wanted to comfort the kid, but he knew it would be taken the wrong way so he stayed back and let Tehya do it.

"I'm sure your parents love you. I know your mother was certainly protective of you when you were in your basket." The ghost of a smile passed across Khairi's muzzle at the thought.

Quiddie!
The little Kalona gave a slow, shuddered breath and nodded. "And that..."

He took a deep breath and lifted his head to reveal, tearless, gleaming green eyes. "...that is how you fake despair!"

The colt burst into a fit of vicious laughter that brough actual tears of mirth to his horrible emerald eyes. "Too good....it was too good!"

He rolled over and sprawled out on the grass and continued his cackling. "You should have seen your faces....it was too much!"

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya glared at the colt, leaping at him, stomping at him with her hooves and biting at him. "That wasn't nice!" She grumbled, and pulled back, quite ready to drop on him. Bellyflop! And so she did. She just hoped she landed right on his plump little belly!

Ronove
Fake... Khairi was taken aback, but couldn't help but wonder if some of those statements the colt had voiced were said out of true feeling. Still, the young stallion felt better having apologized, even if it was to a impudent colt like Cal. Khairi took a deep breath and then shrugged.

"That sounded pretty sincere to me, lad." Khairi pretended to bend in for a closer look at Cal's face. "And your cheeks look a little wet." The stallion took a step back and regarded the young colt solomnly for a moment. Tehya quickly runied the illusion, however, with her antics. He snickered as the young filly completed her belly flop.

Quiddie!
Calamity's victory sprawl was cut short as something knocked all his breath out of him at once. In the flash of an instant before he knew he should be furious, he laughed inwardly at the sight of Tehya hovering over him.

A mix of breathlessness and residual laughter betrayed the hostility he meant to convey with his words. "Getoffa me, you mule! You probably weigh as much as Bluebell over there!"

He squirmed from beneath her and stood, quickly trying to regain his composure before blowing a huge raspberry at her. "You could have warned me, Blue-boy!"

InfinitiesOfSoules
"A mule, am I?" Tehya's voice was laced with amusement. "Better than a gelding." her head snaked out, and she purposely missed biting his ear. She let the colt wiggle out from under her, grumbling at his comment on her weight. "What kind of a gentleman are you? You don't comment on a woman's weight." she informed him, tosseing her head and shaking out her tail.

And oh dear. A raspberry. Should she be frightened of the horrible-scary Kalona with the frightening power to... to spit, with just his tongue!

Neh. Instead, she ignored him, gathering up more grass and putting it on the blanket.

Chamain
Showing her self to all of them, she looked at each and every one of the soquilis there. Smiling, Awnae was happy to finally see a kalona. But a young one. How she reconised it was a kalona was because of how her father explained to her when she was little. They look absolutely amazing... Knowing that the kalonas have a bad temper too, she didn't want to have a fight this day, so she decided to not stare. Incase it might annoy it.

Ronove
"Warned you?" Khairi grinned. "After that prank you pulled? I think not." He watched Tehya camly gather grass for her adventure and was impressed with her maturity. She would be an adult soon, he could tell.

The nearly inaudible sound of grass under hoof behind him made the blue stallion turn. A mare stood silently at the edge of the clearing and watched them. Khairi nickered to her.

"You can come over." He laughed softly. "Most of us don't bite."

Chamain
Raising an eyebrow, she walked over to stand beside the blue stallion, who invited her over. "Most of you? I suppose that means some of you might." Looking at each and everyone of them again. "What might you be talking about here?" Smiling at the whole group, she shook her head and spoked clearly. "Oh sorry, I almost forgot. My name is Awnaety, although you can call me Awnae for short." Nodding at them. Awnae wasn't sure all of them would tell her their name, but it would work either way.

Quiddie!
"You know, the great thing about grass is that it grows just about everywhere...and yet you're putting it into...your...you know what? I don't even care. You're ridiculous, and heavy, and I just don't care."

Readjusting his mane and wings, he looked casually up at the newest soquili to join their ranks. She was just another regular pony. "I'll not be calling you anything, actually," he added sharply to Awnae with a smirk.

"Oh Bluebell, you've gone and found yourself a playmate. How precious. But you're wasting your time, mare. This sky-colored pony over here only likes the young, goofy ones like blanket-girl right here."

He sighed and lifted his chin arrogantly.

Chamain
At that very moment, Awnae finally understood why not many likes kalonas. She decided to maybe today she might have a fight. "Call me anything you want..." Looking down at him, with a bored looked. "Young? If you think I'm old, maybe get your eyes checked." Smirking back at him. If he does, than maybe he really should get his eyes checked. After all, Awnae had just become a mare after all those months. He isn't the only one who has attitude...

Ronove
Khairi rolled his eyes. Tehya might be mature, but Cal was far from it. He regarded the young colt calmly, a smile ghosting across his features.

"Goofy ones are better than immature, childish little colts like you." Khairi snorted. "And don't be jealous. You can find yourself an older mare, or stallion, perhaps, and have fun with them. After all, you have so many admirers." The young stallion's smile broadened and he winked at Cal before turning to Awnae. He bowed his head slightly in a more formal greeting.

"It's nice to meet you, Awnae. I'm Khairi." He motioned to Tehya, who seemed to be unable to answer due to a mouthful of grass. "And that's Tehya. Despite what Rosebud --" Khairi nodded to Cal "-- says, we are just friends." Leaning in close to the mare, he whispered loudly, "He's jealous because he has a crush on her."

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya trotted over to the mare, ignoring Calamity's comments. Citlalli always said you had to have plenty of food, just in case. And besides, maybe she wanted to go to the mountains, huh? "Hello." she nickered, and offered her nose up to the older mare in greeting. "I am Tehya. Please, ignore Rosebud." she said, and giggled at the name.

She pranced around Awanae, looking at her as Khairi spoke to the mare. His lost comment made her stop in her tracks. "Eeeewwwwwwwwww." she eyed Calamity for a second, dodging behing Awanae. "And I flopped on hiiiim."

Chamain
Giggling at the stuff others said. She smiled and was happy to find that they weren't like Calamity. "Nice to meet you Khairi and Tehya." Nodding at Tehya she said, "Don't worry, I will ignore every bad name he calls others." Turning to Khairi's ear, she swhispered back. "Most likely, I mean....rosebud....it sounds like a compliment. It sounds like he is saying a young beautiful rose ready to bloom. Tehya is young and still not full grown yet." Finally done whispering, she smiled at Tehya.

Quiddie!
"Number one," he turned towards Awnae and shot her withering glance, "I actually could give a damn less how old you are. My eyes are fine. I just choose not to waste my vision on subjects that hold little or no interest to me."

He whinnied at Tehya and rolled his eyes. "Don't call me Rosebud. And remember that you jumped on me, filly. I had noting to do with your bizarre display of sexual frustration. You're better off pursuing the blue one. His standards are lower."

"And finally, Khairi, who are you trying to convince about you and Tehya being 'just friends'? Us, or yourself? But don't let me stop you, please. And save the terms of endearment for your little girlfriend, okay?"

Ronove
"Alright, kiddo." Khairi raised an eyebrow and regarded the young kalona with disdain. "Firstly, I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm simply stating a fact. You're the only one I'd need to convince, but since you're not worth the effort I'm not going to waste my time."

He twitched his tail at a fly and flicked his ears back. The heat had been nice at first, but now it was burning into him. "Second, Rosebud, if you're so high and mighty why do you bother hanging out with the like of us 'lesser creatures?' Why don't you make friends with someone who appreciates your... differences?" The young stallion rolled his eyes and grinned. "You see, the problem lies in the fact that there isn't anyone who thinks you're a higher being." He tossed his mane. "Besides your dear mummy and daddy, but I do hope you don't count them."

"Last of all, If my standards are too low, then yours are much too high. I'm afraid that you've doomed yourself to a world of mediocrity, boy."

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya hopped forward, still-legged. "Leave Mister Bluebell and Awa alone!" she snorted, and debated trying to get a hold of one of those pointy little wings. "They haven't done anything mean to you. Yet." the last was said in a tone that suggested they ought to. "And what do you mean sexual frustration?" her nose scrunched up and she gagged. "That sounds like a really nasty type of grass."

She leaned in towards Awanae. "And why would I want to chase Bluebell? His legs are longer, and he'd outrun me really fast. And what do his standards have to do with his speed? Kalonas are such strange creatures, aren't they?"

Chamain
Raising an eyebrow she looked at the kalona. "Oh dear, he really needs to get his eyes checked, now he thinks a filly and a full grown stallion could be." Smirking at the him. "You really sure those eyes of yours work fine? Plus, you one day will be just as old as I am. I'm glad you have no interest in me, or I would be gagging."

Turning her head to Tehya, she bent down and said, "Yes they are, but this one is stupid too." Winking at the filly, she lifted her self up again and looked at Calamity once more. "Who do you think you are? So what if you're a kalona, doesn't mean you're higher than us, you have hideous things sticking out of your wings and your little head." Laying down in the grass as she was done speaking.

(( @Quiddie // I love how Calamity looks and all. Don't worry, it is just Awnae. xd sweatdrop

Edit // I didn't see that Tehya is full grown. So currently she is still a filly in my post... sweatdrop xp ))

InfinitiesOfSoules
((That's fine. I'm rping Tehya as a filly, since the rp started before she grew.))

Tehya nodded vigorously at the older mare's words. Until she started calling Calamity ugly. At that, the filly's eyes widened, and she pranced nervously in place. "They aren't hideous!" she protested. "They're just..." she looked at Calamity, admiring the spiky protrusions. "Different."

She looked up at Khairi, seeking assistance. "Cala isn't ugly, right mister Bluebell?"

Chamain
Raising an eyebrow at the little filly, she looked at her curiously. "Well, if you say so. He is different.....better?" Awnae wasn't saying being different was a bad thing, because she knew everyone was. Although, she didn't want to disagree with a filly right now. "Bluebell?" Looking at Khairi, she giggled. "That is an interesting name for a stallion. I get why they call you that." Nodding at him, seeing his colors were sky blue.

Quiddie!
Calamity was completely taken aback by Tehya suddenly rising to...defend him? He coughed and sputtered, feeling oddly pressed to now jump in on Bluebell's behalf.

"His name," he spat at the mare he disliked more and more the longer she remained in a ten-yard radius of him, "is Khairi. You will use it."

What? He felt only slightly wrong at somewhat sticking up for the sky-colored, snooty pony that added unnecessary aggravation to his day. He stamped angrily at the ground and whinnied loudly at Awnae.

"And Tehya," he added coldly, if not a little tenderly, "I don't need the likes of you sticking up for me. I fight my own battles quite well, thank you."

And with that, he managed to thank the almost-mare without actually having to show her any kindness.

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya sniffed. "I wasn't fighting your battle. Because everyone knows that a big bad kalona like you is truly terrifying." her voice was bland. "I just thought I'd say my opinion." she tossed her mane, watching the colt with bland pink eyes.

Oddly, Calamity's snarkiness calmed her. Interesting effect, she mused. Oh well.

Chamain
"I don't think anyone will stand up for you, kalona." She wanted to laugh that Calamity thought Tehya was standing up for him. "And yes, I will use the name Khairi for Bluebell over here. Since I don't know your name, I might as well give you one, it shall be...Ugly." Spitting back at Calamity. Turning to Tehya. "Don't give me your opion if you think he is ugly or not, I will still call him Ugly." Speaking softly towards the filly. Now Awnae will always see Kalonas differently, before she always admired them, but not anymore.

Ronove
Khairi looked at Tehya for a moment before responding. "No, I don't think he's ugly, lass. But he is different. And he looks like he'd be able to defend himself fairly well." The blue stallion snorted. "I mean, look at all those spikes." I feel bad for anyone who tries to get close to him too...

"Ah, the name." Khairi didn't look at Awnae as he spoke. "I met this little filly a little while ago, and she gave me the nickname. I didn't expect it to spread like it--"

He was interrupted by Cal's efforts to... stand up for him. Khairi felt his anger at the colt evaporating into a mild irritation. He stamped a hoof and shook his mane in an effort to disguse the fact he was smiling. Awnae, though, apparently wasn't amused in the least. Khairi was a little suprised at her.

"That's kinda... harsh." He commented mildly, flicking an ear at the mare. "And if you wanted his name, I could have given it to you." He eyed the little colt, then sighed. "It's Cal."

Whether or not the colt appreciated the defense, Khairi felt better repaying the... kindness, accidental or not.

Chamain
Rolling her eyes at Khairi knowing that he only helped the kalona was that he helped Khairi. Looks like the kalona got the other 2 to be on his side... "Well, well...Cal...doesn't sound like the whole entire name, although it would work. Better than Ugly..." Winking at the kalona. "Harsh? Like I would care..." Walking off to stand beside a tree. "No one told me the name in time before I gave a nickname for him.." Nodding a bit.

Quiddie!
Though he was still a colt, Cal knew he was on the cusp of adulthood, and cherished the cutting outburst he spit towards the disrespectful stranger of a mare that had made the misfortune of crossing his path.

"My name, since you are apt to assigning nicknames in lieu of their given counterparts, is Calamity. Not Cal to you, and certainly not Ugly. If you have made the mistake of trying to offend me with your feeble insults, allow me the opportunity to show you how to do it properly, mare."

He puffed himself up as large as he could, spreading his wings out fully and displaying the ample supply of spikes and horns dotting his white frame. "My youth gives you liscence to think you may say to me what you wish, and perhaps your erroneous assumptions about gender as well. But know, and never forget, that I am a Kalona. I do not now, nor will I ever see you or your ilk as more than the wretched serfs scraping and wallowing in the wake of far greater beings. Beings you may wish to address with greater respect from this instant forward."

"Awnae, The absolute truth of the matter is that I require no one to stand up for me. But even in this tender youth of mine, you have much to fear in me. I am my parents' child, and my fury seldom goes unslaked."

He stepped towards the tree Awnae stood beside, and with a twist and drive of his mighty tail, displayed strength that did not look to be possessable by a mere foal. But he was no mere foal, and this plain, foolish mare would have to be reminded of just that. When the dangerous end of his tail made contact with the trunk, a large, ugly slash marred. Bark and tree flesh stripped away for a foot's length into a tree old enough to withstanding the ravages of nature over time. Pale, fragrant sap bled into the gash, and Cal smirked dangerously at the mare.

"You will address me with respect from this moment forward, as you will do to my friends here. And if I hear otherwise, know that I will hunt you down and kill you. This is not an empty threat."

His green eyes flashed in a way that mirrored his mother. They had only done so one other time in his life, and that was before he ended the life of the two-legger that attacked him weeks ago. He felt an uncomfortable, roiling heat rising within him, making him bold. He dared her silently to continue her offense. He would gladly make good on his promises.

Chamain
"Respect you?! Ha! Make me Cal..." Turning her body, she snorted and stomped her hoofs. "I do not care if I can't offend you. No point for me to waste my words on a thing like you." Looking down at the spiked soquili. Not scared at all of what he did to the tree. "I'd rather die than listen to you! Kill me if you wish. It will be the last thing you ever do." Rolling her eyes at him, she then breathed hardly through her nose.

"Friends?" She looked at Khairi and Tehya. If they were his friends, she definetly did not want to stay now. Awnae wasn't scared or anything, just confused why these two would ever be friends with such a thing, that think it can control another's actions by a few words and a useless wack at a tree. They're too nice.... Rolling her eyes she started to walk off, but before she fully disappeared she turned her head and said. "Watch it...don't try and amuse me..." Then snorting, she trotted off, ignoring every word he was going to say next. None of them took affect on her. He thinks he can hurt me...hmph...in his dreams... It would probably be the last time she ever talk to a kalona like Calamity.

Quiddie!
"You think far too highly of yourself. Your bizarre death-wish regardless, I know even the likes of Tehya could take you down without much strain. And don't worry, I know you're listening."

He laughed arrogantly at her retreating form before shaking out his little limbs and turning to Khairi and Tehya. "This is why I hate normal soquili. They all seem to think they're special, or strong, or anything more than potential prey for a Kalona in a foul mood."

He snarled and tossed his mane imperially, aware but unrepentant about the insult he'd just lobbed at the two he had called 'friends' only moments earlier. "There MUST be something more interesting around, and I'm going to go find it. Good luck with your little adventure, filly. Why don't you take Bluebell with you so I can have some peace and quiet?"

Despite his annoyed expression, there was a glint of playfulness in his eyes. "Strike that, I'll leave."

Without another word, he turned and stalked moodily out of the clearing.

Teepees

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff