Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
what gives you hope... mottos and subjects that inspire hope Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

le-half-blood-princess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:20 pm
i always think that 'you can only do your best' and 'everything happens for a reason' are good philosophies to live by. i'm not particularly religious, i'm Catholic, but i don't agree with many things in Catholicism. I DO believe in God, and i guess i find hope in the sense that there is a greater being above us all, a greater good. i try to stay optimistic at low times, and i think that you can get hope by looking at the glass half full... my life isn't that bad, and there are people in this world who have bigger problems than i do, who are worse off than i am. the fact that i live in ireland, a developed country and have oppurtunities in life gives me hope. what about all of you? where do you find hope in life? wb  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:47 pm
"The best part of falling is getting back up again." -David Belle, one of the inventors of le parkour.

It's one of my core values, that one should never give up, never stop trying. I'm a stubborn fool, but that's me. I believe in fighting for what you believe in, to the bitter end. I've adopted parkour as one of my life philosophies, that there is always a way around an obstacle, even if you have to do it in an unconventional manner. Being stubborn with your goals isn't the same as being stubborn with your methods. If one way doesn't work, try another. There are many paths to the same destination.

That is my motivation.  

Cornelius loh Quatious

le-half-blood-princess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:32 am
that's a really good philosophy to live by... very deep! striving on till the end, i think that's a really good motto to try and live by...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:08 pm
Some of mine are " What ever happens, happens," and "What does not kill you only makes you stronger!"

I'm Catholic too. I think some of the rules that they have at my church is stupid.  

Athena_Samn

sewing-life alchemist

Aged Codger

4,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:36 am
gaia's life issues give me hope i go there and i think damn im not doing so bad after all and plus its just fun to see that they cant deal with their problems  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:37 pm
My motto is "Who's John Galt?" Most of you don't know what it's from. If you do, than you know how deep it really goes in life and society.  

ferret321

locke317

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The poem gives me hope, but it is the picture in general, for some reason, that makes me very hopeful for the world as a whole  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:03 am
Something that always gives me hope is when my lover says they love me.
It makes me let go of my self-pity or my self-depreciation or my insecurity and see that other viewpoint and love it back.
And when I'm loving someone else and focusing my energies and abilities and my love back outwards, I have hope, faith, and trust.
I know not all of us have lovers but we need to know that someone loves us. And no matter who you are don't think that someone doesn't love you because there is someone, no matter how low or un-loveable you feel.

Ugh, I sound so sentimental xp  

Claire-Aurore

laundromat passion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:28 am
My favorite:
'Dance like nobody's looking, sing like nobody's listening, and live like there's no tomorrow."

Which makes me a very happy person. That quote brings my spirits up most of the time. I'm the type of person who likes to live life in the moment, making me kind of lazy. I need a new motto for academic reasons. neutral

Does anyone have one for me?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:40 am
"Our very business in life is not to get ahead of others... but to get ahead of ourselves."
by Thomas L. Monson

it lets me know that we shouldnt be thrive to be better than others but to see how far our limits can actually take us and if we can break those limits  

phsycoticsniper

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

torrinne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:13 am
I don't really have any words of wisdom, I'm just generally a hopeful person. I guess it's the little things in life that keep me happy and hopeful and generally alive. Flowers, mostly. Plants. Just little things that remind me that not everything is bad.

xd I sound like a bad hallmark greeting card....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:57 pm
The thing that gives me the most hope is when I'm dead at least I won't have to worry about dying ever again. Another thing that gives me hope is that a day in life makes me that much stronger and more well-prepared for the rest of my life. Unfortunately I don't mean stronger physically because I sit at my computer all day. But i have some odd abilities that I can use to make me stronger mentally. And when I die those same abilities will help make me more powerful as I wander the earth as a random soul.
I do not believe in God personally because I have no evidence of his existence.  

ampedVAMP

Lady_of_Winter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:54 pm
le-half-blood-princess
i always think that 'you can only do your best' and 'everything happens for a reason' are good philosophies to live by. i'm not particularly religious, i'm Catholic, but i don't agree with many things in Catholicism. I DO believe in God, and i guess i find hope in the sense that there is a greater being above us all, a greater good. i try to stay optimistic at low times, and i think that you can get hope by looking at the glass half full... my life isn't that bad, and there are people in this world who have bigger problems than i do, who are worse off than i am. the fact that i live in ireland, a developed country and have oppurtunities in life gives me hope. what about all of you? where do you find hope in life? wb

well i belive in god but i don't like going to church i like my pe teacher think church is like a talk fest i a lot of cases.i would think that hope could i fact be in songs pomes and every thing around us for a idea what i think ill tell you about my freind he was a nice guy he belived in god and he didn't care about looks poularity and race he cared about people and he gave me hope and he i think was a angel i only could knew him a few months but he brought hope and ideas to me he came in the middle of the school year and i lnew my dad was not going to be happy with me when he found out he was born in japan,you know i hope he has a nice life ...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:28 pm
"Give every day your best and end it smiling no matter what."

I had forgot who had said that, but that's something I've lived by for a while. The future is uncertain so we have to give our best every day. Smiling brings hope to others. The smiles of people bring hope to me as well as the will to live.

Maiden of Night

predatorywasps

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:32 pm
"everyone pretend to be normal"

don't know why it would help, but it makes me feel better
lets you know your not the only one having problems  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers