Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Acting Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The finer arts.
  I go to plays quite a bit.
  I like to act.
  Pass the mustard.
  What the hell are the finer arts?
View Results

[Kanti]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:39 am
I'm in two plays right and have to leave shortly for play practice. I was wondering: Does anyone go to plays often, do you like to be in them or do you just not care. I love them, go to them quite a bit and try and get in as many as I can. Opinions on the finer arts?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:01 am
I have to admit, it's been a while since I've attended a play. I have been to a symhpony orchestra fairly recently. That was because some one gave me tickets to the Dear Freinds concert, but thats not exactly classical music though, but I wore a tie anyways just because I was going to the concert hall and my fiance wore a nice dress and then we walked to a nice resturant afterwards . . . I'm babbling now. sweatdrop  

Strideo
Crew

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:40 am
I attend stage performances on campus when I can, but I usually won't/can't due to money reasons. sad

I do, however, perform in a theater group, http://theatrerice.com where I do both scripted work and a little improv. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:42 pm
for me, I've been in three opras, 14 musicals and 45 plays, so yes, I love the fine arts. they are my life. well, that and physics...  

ferret321

bloodlust_angelkel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:10 pm
I used to love acting now it's kind of annoying to be in plays. I think I got over the acting bug as I grew up but I still love going on a stage to sing heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:25 am
I love to act, I participated in a lot of plays when i was younger and watch as many as I can, whenever i can...  

Trash Monroe Melany

torrinne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:16 pm
I love to watch shows, but I'm not much of an actress. I'm more into the music myself, so if I'm onstage in a show it's usually in the chorus. We don't get many good shows in my area, though, it's mostly limited to bad community theatre. And the odd bit of good community theatre. But not often.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:53 am
I caught the theatre bug. I currently do about two plays a year. My favourites will always be musicals however. My favourite movies are always those based on plays and my favourite class was Drama until about Grade 11. I am currently performing a play but during the summer our Performance Hall seems to mostly bring in Music, musicians etc. Not that I have anything wrong with that. I love the theatre and I love being on stage and now and then being on the Improv team. lol cause you never know what's going to happen.  

rockyrogue

Twilight of Song

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:42 pm
I love acting! I think it's fun to push aside everything that I am (except for the actor bit) and pretend to be a whole different character. I love musicals, too, but I'm not the best singer so I rarely get the good roles. The only thing I don't like about theatre is that I can't watch myself perform. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:21 pm
Scotty_The_Bartender
I'm in two plays right and have to leave shortly for play practice. I was wondering: Does anyone go to plays often, do you like to be in them or do you just not care. I love them, go to them quite a bit and try and get in as many as I can. Opinions on the finer arts?

I love to be in play & stuff. I LOVE Improv and all that too. It`s my favorite part of acting. I`m going to college for film & animation. Oh &.. you`re super cool for being in plays!  

Katsuki Hyabusa

Katsuki Hyabusa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:23 pm
Twilight of Song
I love acting! I think it's fun to push aside everything that I am (except for the actor bit) and pretend to be a whole different character. I love musicals, too, but I'm not the best singer so I rarely get the good roles. The only thing I don't like about theatre is that I can't watch myself perform. whee

AH! Musicals are the best. I love Rent & Chicago & all these other musicals. Like West Side Story. Ah! This thread is definately for me!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:24 pm
From what I'm told, I portrayed a good death of Julius Caesar. Other than that one moment, I tend to suck at acting in plays. I'd rather watch them, honestly.

If there were any plays I'd like to see at this very moment, it would be Macbeth, because it's awesome, or Othello, because I've never seen it before.  

Hawk_McKrakken

Awaterybeginning

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:14 pm
I go to plays often for Theatre Class and I would enjoy going to them more often if I didn't have to write a critic for them. But going to the theatre is fun I just wish sometimes it wasn't as expensive as it is  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:42 pm
I love acting! I jump at any chance I get. Sadly, I live in a culture-less wasteland known as small-town Arkansas so I don't get many chances. One of the most popular works of cinema down here is the all time classic "Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector"  

Ambitious Outsider

8,850 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200

Angel_Fantasy

Beloved Prophet

6,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:21 pm
I love acting. I've been in a musical before. But that was years ago. There was a play last school year. But it was my first year in highschool [highschool starts at grade ten here.] so it was hectic and I didn't try out. Next year, it will be Shakespeare's "A Midnight Summer's Dream." That paly's really long and the parts are really big. I'll try out nonetheless. But if I actually make it, I hope it's a fairly short part. xP;;

Oh, and I so wanted to watch Phantom of the Opera, but it was sold out months before it started. D:

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff