Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Snowboarding to buyer geared or not

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snowboarding to buyer geared
  Yes
  No
View Results

gizmoguy318

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:11 am
The snowboard culture has been growing more and more mellow over the past couple years. Advertisers have decieded that snowboards will not sell to kids or young adults. So the advertising has become more geared to adults and parents. You dont see snowboarders doing crazy stuff like they used to. Thats because it gives the sport a bad reputation. Then parents would be less likely to buy a snowboard in fear of what their child may grow into. Do you think this is right. Changing the sport not for the athletes but for the buyers! ninja ninja ninja idea idea idea  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:45 am
No one actively changes a sport, sports evolve on their own as the current culture grows and matures. If nobody new is taking it up, then the culture will age with the last generation that started.

If parents are the ones snowboarding, don't you think they'd be much more willing to teach it and share it with their kids, if only to teach them how to be safe while doing it?

Your argument make quite a few assumptions; just because YOU believe that you've observed something does not make it true. Do your research, talk to people that have been boarding and have been watching the boarder culture evolve and change. I have many friends in the young adult age group (15-25) that snowboard regularly, and while they don't do anything crazy, it may be because they don't want to get hurt, rather than they were never influenced to try it.  

Cornelius loh Quatious

Nightingale_3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:53 am
I can`t make any comment on whether or not I think the companies are gearing advertising to parents because I haven`t seen enough advertisements of snowboards. It would make sense to target adults though because of the fact that these will be the people buying the product. Young kids don`t have the income and so will not buy something that expensive. It only makes sense to make advertisements targeting the people who will make the decision to buy the product.

As for changing the sport that`s rediculous. How can advertising change a sport.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games