Reply "TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum
Suikoden Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maiden of Night

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:49 pm
The Suikoden series owns all other video games (of course, this only MY opinion). Check them out if you have never heard of it. Konami are the creators. It's really hard to say what Suikoden is because the story and characters have so many layers. And the art is beautiful. Well?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:59 pm
Maiden of Night
The Suikoden series owns all other video games. Check them out if you have never heard of it. Konami are the creators. It's really hard to say what Suikoden is because the story and characters have so many layers. And the art is beautiful. Well?

Suikoden revolves around the anient tale of the 108 stars of destiny. I have played 1-3, but I haven't had the 160 hours to play the other 2. It's my favorite non-Final Fantasy rpg series besides Shadow Hearts.  

Pulga

Maiden of Night

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:08 am
Pulga
Maiden of Night
The Suikoden series owns all other video games. Check them out if you have never heard of it. Konami are the creators. It's really hard to say what Suikoden is because the story and characters have so many layers. And the art is beautiful. Well?

Suikoden revolves around the anient tale of the 108 stars of destiny. I have played 1-3, but I haven't had the 160 hours to play the other 2. It's my favorite non-Final Fantasy rpg series besides Shadow Hearts.

Sure, it revolves around the 108 Stars of Destiny, but it also has to with the deeper layer of the 27 True Runes. The fourth game is rather short, so you would have no time in finishing it. The fifth game is the longest Suikoden game ever and it really goes in-depth so I suggest more time for that one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:33 am
Suikoden II is the best RPG of all time!!!! whee  

Strideo
Crew

Maiden of Night

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:49 am
It is!! Here's a review I read about Suikoden II before.

le geek
::RATING::
Graphics: 4
Sound: 4
Control: 5
Depth: 5
Overall: 5

Suikoden II is a great RPG that expands on the original in every way. Unlike many console RPGs, Suikoden II is set in the same "world" and many characters return from the first game. The story is richer, deeper and longer and makes up for the games slight flaws, translation errors, and the fact that Suikoden II is similar to the first game in many ways.

Once again, you are a boy who through circumstance is thrust into a grand conflict and eventually must recruit the 108 stars of destiny. And once again, there are multiple endings; you'll probably want to play the game twice. Like the first Suikoden, there are three modes of combat: Six member monster battle, one-on-one duel, and large scale battles. The large battles have been revamped from the former rock-paper-scissors affair to more strategic, unit based fighting.

The sections you can expand in your castle have increased, as have the number of playable mini games. Besides acquiring item shops, antiques and old book gathering, the bath house and games of chance you also get a restaurant that can make recipes for different food to replenish your party's health. Depending on what plants, livestock and spices you have acquired, you can make more recipes. But that's just the beginning! If you check in with your chef often, you will play an "Iron Chef" style mini game! Other nice touches are the new trading posts in different towns and the ability to recruit the here from the first game.

Graphics and sound are very good for the 2.5D style of the game. The graphics are pretty impressive, especially the spells during battle. The characters are well designed, but some of the monsters look a little more cartoonish compared to the first game. The orchestration of music is again excellent and there is more of it. However, the audio is no longer yellow book and has a slight MIDI sound to it, losing the luster of some of Suikoden's beautiful music.

The game is also decently long, so those of you disappointed by the first Suikoden's 24 hour play time have nothing to fear. And the story is excellent! This time the story concentrates on two childhood friends and the choices they make as they become adults. Not many videogame plots would make a good novel, but add one to the list.

In short, Suikoden II is a great RPG if you prefer story and game play over realistic graphics. I recommend playing the original Suikoden first, since it is easier to find, but if you see Suikoden II for a good price by all means pick it up!

-Ben Langberg

I looked up on Amazon recently to see the cost of Suikoden II there. It was ranging around $124. It is extremely rare now, and I assume it can only be purchased online. I just hope my game doesn't die on me soon. I love the soundtrack of the game. Miki Higashino does an awesome job. Suikoden V is the next best one in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:35 pm
Yeah, I was shocked when I saw a copy of Suikoden II with it's original jewel case and user manual was going for $150 a while back! I had to run to my stash of PS1 games to pull out my copy of Suikoden II and make sure it was safe since I found out what it would cost to replace it! xp Then of course I had to play it again. xd

I have Suikoden V but I haven't played it yet. I'm looking foreward to it because I've heard good things about it. 3nodding  

Strideo
Crew

Maiden of Night

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:13 pm
Strideo
Yeah, I was shocked when I saw a copy of Suikoden II with it's original jewel case and user manual was going for $150 a while back! I had to run to my stash of PS1 games to pull out my copy of Suikoden II and make sure it was safe since I found out what it would cost to replace it! xp Then of course I had to play it again. xd

I have Suikoden V but I haven't played it yet. I'm looking foreward to it because I've heard good things about it. 3nodding

Suikoden V is a really good game to play. It hurts your head in the very beginning because it goes pretty slow, but after some really major events, it picks up. I heard the person who did Suikoden's art also did Suikoden V's art. The skill system is back from III as well as the six party system. (Yeah!)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:21 pm
Maiden of Night
Strideo

Suikoden V is a really good game to play. It hurts your head in the very beginning because it goes pretty slow, but after some really major events, it picks up. I heard the person who did Suikoden's art also did Suikoden V's art. The skill system is back from III as well as the six party system. (Yeah!)
Whoo Hoo! I have to admit that I found Suikoden IV to be dissapointing so I'm glad to hear the series is back on track. biggrin  

Strideo
Crew

Maiden of Night

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:39 pm
Strideo
Maiden of Night
Strideo

Whoo Hoo! I have to admit that I found Suikoden IV to be dissapointing so I'm glad to hear the series is back on track. biggrin

I liked Suikoden IV, but it was really different to the other games. The graphics just seemed so much more darker and depressing and the music didn't help it much. And because of the four party system, your choice was quite limited with characters and runes...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:23 pm
Maiden of Night
Strideo
Maiden of Night
Strideo

I liked Suikoden IV, but it was really different to the other games. The graphics just seemed so much more darker and depressing and the music didn't help it much. And because of the four party system, your choice was quite limited with characters and runes...
I thought it was an okay game. Just not as good as the others. Some of the story telling sequences were badly put together though. Not that the plot was bad, but the way it worked was bad like this: They show someone standing on a boat and he sees another ship and says "The enemy!" then the screen goes black for a second while it loads the next part and then it comes up and another group are standing there and they say "Fire the rune cannons!" and then the screen goes black for a second while it loads and so on and so forth. It just feels a little choppy. confused  

Strideo
Crew

Maiden of Night

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:00 pm
True. The loading times for the fourth game were pretty long, but the ones for the fifth game are longer. The fourth game was okay, but it was too short for my tastes.

Another thing was that since it took place so many years before Suikoden, it really didn't have much of a tie to the other games unlike Suikoden V. Okay, sure Viki, Jeane, and Ted are in it (and another Silverburg), but that's not enough. In Suikoden V, I felt it had more of a connection to the other games because it explained how Georg killed the Queen of Falena and went to Dunan. It also explains a little more about the Sindar (extremely important in the fifth game), Killey and Lorelai's past, and Jeane and Viki.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:17 pm
I never palyed any of these games should i get one of them?  

Shalalaka

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:06 pm
Nikuro
Yes! I don't really recomend Suikoden IV though unless you really like the others.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:09 pm
Nikuro

From the words of someone who has played Suikdoen since the very beginning, YES. Although, you are going to have to do a lot of searching to find the first two games since they date back all the way to 1995 and 1998. They are very rare and expensive if you get them offline.

Maiden of Night

locke317

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:05 pm
I have only played Suikdoen Tactics. sweatdrop I want the onther games, but I don't have the money to buy them, or the time to play them.  
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff