Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
on the topic of why . . . Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I <3 polls
  yar, I like me the polls as well.
View Results

LonLonmilk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:55 pm
why do I keep getting randomly invited to guilds? and by people I've never talked to before it creeps me out. and it kind of makes me think that I'm being stalked by people who run guilds. why me?!! am I the only one plagued by strange people asking me to join their guild!? DDD:  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:10 pm
I dunno. We like random invites here, it's what we do. I doubt you're being stalked. Sometimes, people ask that their friends be invited. Maybe somebody saw you on another guild's memberlist or something. It's pretty much impossible to find out.  

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

KaguraOfTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:54 pm
It could also be that many have both come across and been impressed by your posts. From that they think they'd like you in their guild. Of course others just want the biggest guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:27 pm
Haha, I think it's because your inteligent and literate, traits that are seldomly found on the Net anymore. Don't worry, though, I'm also being stalked. It's sad, but it somehow makes me feel a little better about myself, haha.  

Bob. I am.

P34ch35

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:30 am
Dunno, I got a random invite as well. Not that I see that as a bad thing, I've had a few others, I've turned down 1 of them because they were jsut looking for more members.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:55 am
Like others said. We like random invites, but we search people who impressed us in some way. We like to have lots of friendly people around to talk to smile  

Wiedziemka

Your Dad! xD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:10 pm
They want to seem popular by having more people in their guild?

Thus inviting total strangers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:16 pm
They saw your name somewhere and sent out an invitation quite simple..  

Awaterybeginning

Shomu 1025

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:16 pm
i get random invites all the time... i don't know why either...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:11 am
Yeah. Pretty much everyone who seems to be literate have lots of guild invites. I'm currently a member in 11 different guilds. I've been forever trying to find the reason why these people I have never even heard of invite me. None of my friends seem to be in these guilds. Can't be an invite upon a friend's request. I don't post often in forums or threads. So how'd they get my username? But from many failed attempts at finding out, I've just come to accept the fact that it's random and a miracle. xD  

Angel_Fantasy

Beloved Prophet

6,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Martian Princess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:51 pm
I get them a lot too. From PMing with the strangers who sent the invites, I've discovered that people don't just find names on forums, they'll also invite random people whose username they see in the marketplace. That's how I got invited here, actually!

People just do it because the more people in their guild, the higher up in the registry their guild is displayed.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:54 pm
I'm usually invited for my literate skills or that I like something and argue in favor of it. Though I'm being stalked by some I can swear it.  

gamer014

blue_lutra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:21 pm
eek then i'm not the only one?! yay!

i was randomly invited here, and only one person on my friends list is in here (i have yet to see him). then again, another friend was invited to a guild i'm in, and he didn't know i was in it.

all of this confuses me. oh well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:17 pm
yeah, but being randomly invited made me feel special. like i won some sort of secret lottery. it was awesome  

dianersj

Kazuma San

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:59 pm
why? it is the ONLY question that will be suitable for anyways answer or Question  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff