Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Crocodile Hunter Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tortoise-Child

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:01 am
OMG...my dad just told me the crocodile hunter got stung by a stingray in the chest and died! cry Poor Mascot!

So, let's pay our respects to him.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:18 pm
The discussion for this topic will be on Steve Irwin's life, death, and all that transpired between the both.

He was one of my heroes, and will be missed dearly.  

Cornelius loh Quatious

[Tiger.Kisa]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:36 pm
*sniffle*
I miss Him!
crying  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:02 pm
"Ashes to Ashes,
dust to dust,
living is optional,
dying's a must"-me

heart domokun heart r.i.p. , croc-man heart domokun heart  

weats

3,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

MagicianXTwo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:53 pm
crying Rest in peace Steve crying (bows head in respect)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:12 am
you know what? i am sad he died but he had it coming. i read an article about him that said he was filming the show the most dangerous reefs. the most dangerous reefs. ya know? i think he had it coming to him when i first watched his show when i was a kid.getting bitten by snakes, wrestling crocodiles.....(and he was taking the animals out of their enviorment. my biology teacher said this) 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  

RubberDuckie5792

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:58 pm
Well, I dunno if anybody really "has it coming," but he did have a dangerous occupation, and understood the risks well. Heck, he even said that if he ever died on camera he wanted it to be broadcast to the world (which he did, and it will be).

Still, stingray-related deaths are incredibly rare, his being only the third or so in the history of Australia, and like seventh in the entire world.

As for taking animals out of their environment, all zoos do that. I'm not going to get into my opinions on zoological societies, but it's not like it was some terrible vice for him.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:26 pm
Let's see, Crazy man wrestled his first croc when he was 7. And he still was wrestling them this year. Irwin may be a little nuts but he knew what he was doing. He could tell from a mile away if that snake was poisnous or not and if it was pissed, excuse the language. He said that if he got bit by _________ snake he could die of it's venom since there was no medics, just a first-aid kit. And he has been biten by at least 60 snakes and at least half of them were some of the world's most poisonous snakes. This guy lead the life of a good and happy man. Heck I envy him since he was able to do this without much fear.  

gamer014

FallenAngel_Dakune

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:24 pm
RubberDuckie5792
you know what? i am sad he died but he had it coming. i read an article about him that said he was filming the show the most dangerous reefs. the most dangerous reefs. ya know? i think he had it coming to him when i first watched his show when i was a kid.getting bitten by snakes, wrestling crocodiles.....(and he was taking the animals out of their enviorment. my biology teacher said this) 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding

He understood the risks and he enjoyed working with animals. So I think saying he had it coming is maybe taking it a tad bit too far.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:41 pm
am i the only person who really doesnt care about steeve irwin im shure its sad when people die but what makes one life worth more then anouther?  

idiotic randomness

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:47 pm
It's human nature to place more value on the lives of those you liked and knew than others. For instance, if a family member died, I would feel much worse than if someone I didn't know died. Simple, right?

The reason so many people place much more value on Steve's life is because as far as anyone knew, he was a good person who did more for the cause of wildlife preservation than anyone can really know, thanks to the reach of his show and public messages. If you didn't know who he was, or didn't appreciate his cause, you're more than welcome to not care about him or his death more than anyone else's.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:54 pm
RubberDuckie5792
True.
But still.. he was an awesome person.
It is really a loss now that he's gone.

[[ Nikki ]]

ToasterStruddle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:33 pm
I feel sorry for his wife and children crying  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:09 pm
I am surprised that Steve Irwin passed on. This is the third time for my birthday that someone that I know just died.  

Sugihide

iSaichi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:22 pm
crying come back Steve!!!  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items