Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)
A question of anime... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spread of anime good or bad?
  Good! Now gimme gold! O.O
  Bad! Now gimme the gold! >_o
View Results

Knight Skyy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:07 pm
Should anime be spread out even more through the US, or should it be hindered in its tracks? I mean, is it a good or bad influence upon today's youth, what do you all think?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:09 pm
It could be a good thing. It'd let people get to know the Japanese culture more. Also, us anime otakus can enjoy more anime...and cringe at the dubbed~ness of it all... >.o  

JadedLies

mmli94

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:40 pm
i think it should be spread  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:18 pm
whats so wrong with anime? I mean some anime teaches you stuff more than tv does, so I think it should be spread.  

arcticwolf_blue

Dangerous Werewolf

14,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

x[^ A y a m e ^]x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

yesh I agree. It should be spread.
Watching Anime teaches me how to draw girls and guys good
xD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:56 pm
it should be spread.......

maybe that way these hollywood people can stop messing with the good anime, cuz we know what usually happens when the us gets their hands on anime and airs it on public television.......  

moonfaeriesakura

Erica Court

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:53 pm
Good: Dubbing isn't all that bad (despite what people say) because it allows anime to get to a larger audience on T.V., and you don't have to concentrate on the subtitles and the action at the same time. Besides, I don't think that most shows have bad dubbing at all. Manga is a great choice if you're bored on a plane or car trip. Also, cute anime toys make great gifts even if the recipient doesn't know who the character is.

Bad: Because it has to be shipped from Japan, it's expensive, it's on too late, very little kids having hissyfits in the toy-store over some Beyblade toy, screaming so loud it pierces your ears halfway across the store. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:24 am
it all depends on where it made. japanese anime always good. always needs to be spread. american anime on the other hand isnt alweasys that good.  

serrifph21

Pacifica-Medina

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:31 am
Anime is good. First of all, it's TV. From Japan. How is that imposing on the youth of today? If anything, it's a good thing in showing American media shouldn't be the only thing clogging international television in other countries. xD

Secondly, the plots are much more developed; far beyond the butt/booger/fart jokes you see in shows on Cartoon Network. There's a subtance and there's a plot, which makes more kids think about things rather than just using TV for poops and giggles.

And thirdly, the culture of Japan is very different from American (or where ever you are) culture. It shows kids things about the world, and in the case of little kids growing up watching subtitles, it teaches you a new language. xD (Yes I know little kids couldn't read them. But science proves that kids can differenciate between two different languages if they learn them growing up.)

((Sorry! I think I just bumped this... I didn't realize just because it wa son teh front page didn't mean it was new... crying ))  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:00 am
Anime is good because it introduces America and other countries a view of a special culture that is very different from their own. :3  

Fushigi na Kitsune

gumbyscout

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:24 pm
I think anime should be spread through the US, unless it is the kiddy crap like Beyblade, Poke'mon, Digimon, Di-Gi-OH(or however you spell it), etc etc. More serious anime should be spread around, because this kiddy stuff makes anime look bad.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:24 pm
Real anime should be spread... anime teaches so much, y'know? Plus the fact that you learn about the japanese culture and such... yeesh, all sort of good stuff!  

Salazar-Izlandi

sayadatsukakamu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:39 pm
anime is good... keep on going  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:32 pm
i think everyone has he same reason for anime being good... not that i can come up with anything different lol

yes, it is good for learning about their culture, you learn the language and (with some anime's) what it's like over there.  

Beitrix

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Fetal Fetish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:11 pm
It should be spread more! People here need to be aware of more ideas and cultures. Besides, I've noticed that people who like anime are less racist too.  
JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games