Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
A step in Gay Rights Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gay Marriage
  Yea
  Nay
View Results

churrlo

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Bluegrass you made me rofl xd Way to take everything discussed and just be like ******** YOU ALL D:<

In addition to your thing about the "omg that's gay" and stuff... I remember before that people would be like "That's so jewish!" "Omg, you're so jewish!" and then somehow jew got replaced with the word gay. LOL. Yeah D:  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:57 pm
EggaxSponge
Um, I don't want to put a damper on your happiness, bgc, but people with Down Syndrome are not fertile. sad

yes they are ^_^ they just have a reduced fertility rate (http://www.downs-syndrome.org.uk/DSA_Faqs.aspx#faq31)  

Iconised Ghost

churrlo

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:02 pm
I know people with down syndrome who got married and had kids >_< Forgot to mention that =o  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:12 pm
EggaxSponge
Um, I don't want to put a damper on your happiness, bgc, but people with Down Syndrome are not fertile. sad

adoption
Retardation (yes, downs is different.)
autism

. . .

Um... general mental connections different from what is allowed to function normally in society, may include being too trusting or too friendly. stare

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:21 pm
Metalic_Noodles
EggaxSponge

adoption
autism

. . .

Um... general mental connections different from what is allowed to function normally in society, may include being too trusting or too friendly. stare

~Metalic_Noodles

what does any of that have to do with people being infertile? People who are mentally retarded, adopt, and have autism can still be fertile  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:24 am
lol@churrlo, as long as you didn't have a beverage/nose incident because of it, i'm glad i made you laugh. 3nodding

and @ soul: you don't need a defense, sug, cause you're not under attack. heart

EggaxSponge

dude they totally are.

but even if you prefer to not use them, people with severe autism are, so are people w/all sorts of other mental issues ((note i did not say illness cause i don't think autism should count as a mental illness or defect. 3nodding )).  

WastelandMama
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:45 pm
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles
EggaxSponge

adoption
autism

. . .

~Metalic_Noodles

what does any of that have to do with people being infertile? People who are mentally retarded, adopt, and have autism can still be fertile

I was listing ways that infertility would be insignificant, even if they were infertile.

Autism=/=down syndrome
so even if one did tend to also have infertility attached to it, it wouldn't being to explain why they shouldn't be allowed to care for children if they are capable and so wish.

I'm disappointed in you guys. sad No one brought up that maybe it is the people without autism, or the people with down syndrome, that have the fault in that category.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:26 pm
gay people should get what they want it doesnt hurt anyone.  

Cody993

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:02 am
Metalic_Noodles
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles
EggaxSponge

adoption
autism

. . .

~Metalic_Noodles

I was listing ways that infertility would be insignificant, even if they were infertile.

Autism=/=down syndrome
so even if one did tend to also have infertility attached to it, it wouldn't being to explain why they shouldn't be allowed to care for children if they are capable and so wish.

I'm disappointed in you guys. sad No one brought up that maybe it is the people without autism, or the people with down syndrome, that have the fault in that category.

~Metalic_Noodles

the thread is already way off topic
But while it is interesting to entertain the idea that people without autism are the ones that have the fault, autistic people are the ones who have to live in a non autistic world and not vice versa, so i would say that the functioning problems are mostly theirs, not ours. Im not saying thats the way it should be, it just is (at the moment anyway). I would probably say that people without downs syndrome or autism are "faulty" in the way they sometimes treat those people, but thats about as far as i would take it  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:07 am
Umm... off topic much? D:  

churrlo

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:39 pm

Well, people with disabilities often get a free ride. They choose if they work or not. Don't have to worry about bills, get servants, a nicer house than their servants, and if they don't like something with minimal effort they can get it changed.

Some are even allowed to vote. (They all should be able to, but some of their 'servants' are buttholes.)

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:59 pm
Metalic_Noodles

Well, people with disabilities often get a free ride. They choose if they work or not. Don't have to worry about bills, get servants, a nicer house than their servants, and if they don't like something with minimal effort they can get it changed.

Some are even allowed to vote. (They all should be able to, but some of their 'servants' are buttholes.)

~Metalic_Noodles

omg, this comment is full of fail and ignorance.

some "even get to vote"?!?!? wtf kind of statement is that???

and they "get a free ride"?? yes, curse all those lucky mentally disabled people! if only my iq were 100 points lower, i, too, could have a free ride!

rolleyes

jesus christ, idk how to even properly respond to this. the distaste and aggravation...swear to god if i had high blood pressure, THIS would've been the comment that killed me.

confused  

WastelandMama
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:31 pm
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

I cant believe you said that. A free ride? Choose if they work or not? Often people wont employ disabled people. And when they do, the hassle it is to get services and help that they need in the work place is enormous. They dont CHOOSE not to work, people like you make it impossible for them by expected nothing of them. Get something with minimal effort? IT TOOK MORE THAN SIX MONTHS JUST TO GET A ******** TEXT BOOK AT UNI FOR A BLIND PERSON. Servants? I have no idea what you are talking about. A hell of a lot of disabled people just struggle along by themselves, usually because there is no suitable help available.

Dont have to worry about bills?? If they cant work of course they have to. Unless you think they can survive on the benefit they get from the government. Dont make me laugh, they could maybe live on that, but definately not comfortably. And they deserve more, if only because of the various operations and home help they may need

The free ride idea is ridiculous. You know the disabled parking spaces? THEY PAY FOR THEM. From what i have seen from four years working with them, everything they get they have to fight for.

I am so angry i can barely type. Honestly, if you said that to me in real life, i really would have slapped you so hard  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:54 pm
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

I cant believe you said that. A free ride? Choose if they work or not? Often people wont employ disabled people. And when they do, the hassle it is to get services and help that they need in the work place is enormous. They dont CHOOSE not to work, people like you make it impossible for them by expected nothing of them. Get something with minimal effort? IT TOOK MORE THAN SIX MONTHS JUST TO GET A ******** TEXT BOOK AT UNI FOR A BLIND PERSON. Servants? I have no idea what you are talking about. A hell of a lot of disabled people just struggle along by themselves, usually because there is no suitable help available.

Dont have to worry about bills?? If they cant work of course they have to. Unless you think they can survive on the benefit they get from the government. Dont make me laugh, they could maybe live on that, but definately not comfortably. And they deserve more, if only because of the various operations and home help they may need

The free ride idea is ridiculous. You know the disabled parking spaces? THEY PAY FOR THEM. From what i have seen from four years working with them, everything they get they have to fight for.

I am so angry i can barely type. Honestly, if you said that to me in real life, i really would have slapped you so hard

yes! thank you!!!

ghost, i officially love you. seriously. can i have your babies? heart

even though i went offline, baked some chess bars, calmed down, then came back and re-read that and it STILL MAKES ME MAD!

wtf? "some even get to vote"...that just ASTOUNDS ME. confused  

WastelandMama
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:13 pm
bluegrass cat

omg, this comment is full of fail and ignorance.

some "even get to vote"?!?!? wtf kind of statement is that???

and they "get a free ride"?? yes, curse all those lucky mentally disabled people! if only my iq were 100 points lower, i, too, could have a free ride!

rolleyes

jesus christ, idk how to even properly respond to this. the distaste and aggravation...swear to god if i had high blood pressure, THIS would've been the comment that killed me.

confused

Legally, anyone, even retarded or down syndrome-affected people over 18 are legally allowed to vote. It's just that some residential providers are lazy, greedy a** holes and simply don't allow it but not offering the client the staff or transportation to go vote. If it's important to the person, soon after the problem gets fixed, even if it means switching residential providers or calling the state on their a**.

Iconised Ghost

Actually more and more employers are opening up to disabled people. Walmart is a big one. There are also factories and workshops that employ them, some facilities cater to their needs, offering staff of their own and work with the person's team.
Actually, I know a guy that only does cash jobs, so it looks like he's not working, but he still does. He chooses to work without the state lowering it's funds, pretty slick trick, and a choice he made.

Blind? Oh, my bad. I was referring mostly to retardation, autism and down syndrome in my post. In this post too. I do know what I'm talking about, at least to an extent. There are some pieces I don't quite get, and words and terms I should know but don't.

Um... In the USA the federal and state governments pay for everything, but encourage them to work if they can so that the state can decrease funding to the person. Working barely increases their spending allowance, which is one of the few things that sucks. Hence, the state pays the bills, the salaries of the staff, the behavial consultants, the case managers, the guardians(if state appointed), the residential providers get paid, and in turn pay the bills for the indivisuals, and many other people.

I'm not refering to disability checks, I'm talking about medicare (or medicaid, forget which is disabilities and which is old people). It pays the residential provider, who supplies the staff, who care for, transport and do whatever.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff