Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
[RP] Harmonia's Peacemakers - *Takes Defibrilator* CLEAR! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:55 pm
The next cottage Tsuki searched was still intact. In fact it seemed that it wasn't harmed at all. Upon entry, the furniture still stood and the cupboard doors were not smashed like the others. On the bed laid what looked like a boy with short and spiked blond hair, wearing robes and a beret of the same navy blue colour of Harmonia. On his right wrist, which was visible to Tsuki was a rune in the shape of a blue moon, twinkling, a dark subtle aura around the symbol. He squirmed slightly and made some pained grunts on the bed, beads of sweat on his face.

A lone female mage slumped at the table, dead. Her neck punctured with fangs, and a Blinking rune, a rune of teleportation, attached to her right hand.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:28 pm
She quickly ran to his side to look him over and check his condition. She took note of the rune in her mind, but put his well-being first. She used her sleeve to dab a bit of sweat from his face and eyes, then ran to the door and called out as loud as she could, "Guys! Get over here, quick! I found a survivor!"

With that done, she ran back to his side and placed her hand on his forhead to check his temperature, then grabbing his wrist to check his pulse, examining the rune while she did so. She felt it would seem strange, but she knew she should probably check is body for any abnormalities or injuries, so she pulled the cloth from his torso, leaving his lower clothing on for obvious reasons.

"Can I get some cold water, by chance?" she called, hoping that one of them was approaching and could hear her, or even better actually did have some cold water. She ripped up some of the sheets and used it to wipe off some of the sweat.  

blue_green

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:37 pm
No sooner than Tsuki muttered those words, the boy began to glow and a circle, very similar to the circle that appeared when they were teleported to the village, appeared around him. The boy yelled and squirmed in the bed, the glowing becoming more intense. The boy disappeared from Tsuki's sight with a blinding flash; by the time the light had dissipated the boy was gone.

The upper robe that Tsuki managed to remove, however, remained. It matched the colours of their own battle dresses, and the shoulders had markings of the Harmonian insignia.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:53 pm
Mauser was only just packing the things into the napsack when he heard Gaiathi, and then later Tsuki calling. He finished up, and then popped out of the house to see an excited Tsuki run back into the only mostly-intact house in the area. Collectedly, he walked over, and poked his head in the door to see... a dead person slumped against the table, and Tsuki further back in the room holding the Harmonian garment.

He stepped over to examine the woman at the table, picking up her hand to look at the rune. "You said there was a survivor? She looks pretty dead to me..."  

WiskersThCatfish

blue_green

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:55 pm
She had flinched back when the circle formed, her eyes wide with shock. She turned to the fallen mage, thinking that her rune had still taken effect even though she had died, seeing as it had been blinking when she walked in. "What the ****?" she mumbled to herself in shock. She picked up his top, examining it. "Well, at least this is proof that he was really here and I'm not crazy." She walked to the door to see if her teammates were comming to see what she was shouting about.

((Gah! Edited because Mauser posted before me.))

Tsuki walked over and showed him the jacket. "There was a boy here. He seemed ill and I tried to help him, but then he suddenly dissapeared. It looked like a teleportation spell, like the one that sent us here." She decided to save the detail about his rune for a bit later, not giving all the details at once. "He was definately first class."

With a glance at her dead body, a bit of remorse showing, though not much, she suggested, "Do you think she did it? Is it possible for mages to cast a spell that takes effect even if they die before it's complete?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:14 pm
"Hmm..." Mauser held the dead woman's hand in one hand, stroking his chin with the other. "I'm not sure. It could have been a fluke, or she could have died directly in between casting the spell, and when you came in... could be a million things. The boy didn't have any runes? Maybe he cast the spell..."  

WiskersThCatfish

blue_green

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:30 pm
She blushed deeply. "Um, actually... I was thinking of taking it from him so I could look at it, but I was so concerned with his well-being I didn't do it right away, but... He had a rune just like the one we were shown in our breifing... and the one that Sierra tried to use that sorta dissapeared." She blushed furiously, her nails digging into her palm as she clenched her fists in frustration at herself. "I'm sorry. I should've thought to do something about it right away."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:32 pm
(( Just a quick note: Runes can't be normally removed by any normal person. Rather, they're sort of embedded and stuck into whatever body part or weapon they're put on. Runemasters and blacksmiths can embed and remove runes from living things and weapons respectively. ))  

Sentama Lin

blue_green

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:37 pm
Sentama Lin
(( Just a quick note: Runes can't be normally removed by any normal person. Rather, they're sort of embedded and stuck into whatever body part or weapon they're put on. Runemasters and blacksmiths can embed and remove runes from living things and weapons respectively. ))
((Ah, I kinda figured, but... like... I'm sorry. I wasn't really thinking about that at the time...))  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:38 pm
"Odd..." Mauser spaced out looking at the rune on the lady's hand. "It's not a big deal, I'm sure. We could potentially die chasing that rune. I think our goal right now is to return to the capitol and report. We'll file in that you saw the rune appear on another person. By the look of that shirt, it was one of ours. That should give our superiors something to go on. Fold that up and bring it." He scratched at the Blink rune. "Do you know anything about rune grafting? Pretty complicated stuff, I know."  

WiskersThCatfish

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:47 am
Hearing Tsuki's call and seeing Mauser enter the building that Tsuki was apparently in, Gaiathi changed direction and entered Tsuki's selected building. Spotting them by a bed, Gaiathi made her way over. "What's going on?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:34 pm
"There was apparently a survivor in here. We think that that moon rune may have switched hosts when Sierra died. Also he apparently blinked out of here before Tsuki could find aout anything about him. The problem there is that the only Blinking rune is on this dead woman." He held up the woman's arm so Gaiathi could view the still glowing rune. "If we can find a way to apply this rune to one of us, we can eliminate all travel time.  

WiskersThCatfish

Xanatos Forever

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:51 pm
Julius entered the bunker, trying to ignore the scratch marks embedded in the floor. We didn't find her body, he told himself, which means she might still be alive. With that semblance of reassurance, he searched through the various contents of the bunker, gathering up the preserved items and home-made first aid kits and stuffing them into one of the four sleeping bags he would be taking.

He opened the casket of water and winced as he saw that it had been contaminated somehow, and was no more than a festering swamp. "Good thing I know where the rivers are," he said to himself, closing the barrel back up tightly before setting it on its side and rolling it towards the entrance. With a few strained heaves, he managed to get the weighted casket back onto the surface, where he then drained it of its contents.

He set the barrel upside down to help empty the slimy residue, and went back into the bunker, moments before Tsuki's cry. "Well, Shelly," he said to the melancholy cellar, "at least your idea didn't go to waste." He scooped up the sleeping bag with the supplies, stuffed it within another bag, then stuffed that bag into a third before stuffing it all into a fourth bag.

Hefting the bag over his shoulder, he took one last look around to see if he had missed anything important, then stepped out into the fading light, righting the barrel, taking the debris of towels and sheets to dry, and stuffing the bags into the barrel, closing it back up. "There, nice and tidy," he said, a semblance of a smile forming on his lips as he set the barrel on its side and proceeded to roll it away from the ruins.

"Now then, where'd everybody go...?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:45 pm
Gaiathi frowned lost in momentary thought. "I'm not as worried about traveling as I am about the Moon Rune. I don't relish the thought that this could all happen again. I wonder where the new host went."  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

blue_green

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:13 pm
"He looked so innocent..." she thought allowed to herself, then threw out her idea with a look of fearful worry, "Do you think that the Moon Rune can posess people!? Like, it's not the person that was Sierra, but the Rune!" She then thought of Julius being so worried about his friend and covered her mouth, hoping he wasn't walking in just when she said that. With a shake of her head, she quelled her imagination that was going through many unlikely scenarioes.  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff