Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:15 am
Joyful Musing

Giving her shaman friend a day to rest Ayita wandered back
to the herd and her mate. It had been a few days since she had seen him and she missed the handsome silver stallion. Besides she couldn't wait to tell him of her first riding experince and perhaps to compare it with his.

He enjoyed such a closeness with the young woman who he had befriended that it gave Ayita something to work for in her own relationship with Foalen. Now at least she had taken one step further towards that goal. In good cheer the painted mare trotted past the village and the two leggers going about their business as she headed towards the land where the herd grazed. As she passed one of the village children looked up at her with wide round eyes. She wickered a welcome and reaching up her long neck into a near by bush plucked a peice of fruit of a branch and dropped it into the surprised child's hands.

The little boy cradled his prize giggling his delight as Ayita gave him a bob of her head before trotting away through the village. It wasn't long before the sentries of the herd came into view and slowing her pace she called out to her family.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:24 am
Practice Makes perfect

Foalen
As they passed beneath the shrouding canopy of the woodland all around them Foalen fixed his gaze at the back of Ayita's head in an attempt to keep himself from dwelling on his discomfort.

He counted it a great honor to be given the privilage of riding upon a soquili's back and was doing all he could to not to make a disgrace of himself. If his painted lady knew how difficult this was for him she might feel badly. Or worse, she might decide not to let him ride any more.

That would be a shame for he dearly wanted to be able to share this cloesness with this amazing spirit. Ayita herself was being very supporitive and understanding of the little misteps they had so far. But he didn't wan to impose upon her more than what was nessisary.

It took a great deal of effort on his part, but he was begining to move together with her so that they seemed almost as one creature walking through the sun dappled forest.

Certianly working through the minor pain of using muscles he had never used before was honing his abilty to consentrate quite nicely. Slowly he looked up above her head to take in the landscape around them and realized they were approching the village.

Smiling he reached down to give Ayita's neck a pat and was rewarded by a pleased wufflel in return. Then he was forced to grab onto her short mane as the mare increased her speed trotting further into the forest.

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:08 pm
A strange occerance

Ayita trotted lightly through the forest paying a great deal of attention to the rider on her back and making certian he stayed there. The shaman was getting better at riding, but it still called for great deal of effort from him so she was too distracted at first to notice the peculiaritys in this part of the woodland.

It wasn't until the little brown fox Takota joined them licking his lips from his latest meal. "Ah welcome back Takota. It would appear that you had a successful hunt."

"MMM...it went very well thank you. Though even the smallest kit would have been able to find a meal here. There are rabbits on top of rabbits, I caught the sent of a whole pack of squirles and the birds are so thick in the trees that they look like colorful living clouds when startled."

"I thought I had heard more birdsong overhead. How odd. I wonder what could have caused all the animals to come here?"

Takota shrugged but his expression was thoughtful. "Perhaps they weren't coming here as much as leaving someplace else. But why would they leave their teritories? Normally there's a reason for the animals to move like a fire or flooding. And I'm certian we haven't had any major fires or floods for a while now."

Ayita shook her head for a moment forgetting that Foalen was still on her back. Feeling a little sheepish she was forced to stop while he rebalanced hmiself. "We had a fire but that was some time ago, though I know of no floods that have happened lately. This is worrisome. Takota, could you go and see if any of the other animals has an idea what might have caused this sudden mirgration?"

The fox nodded agreeably. "Yes, that's a good idea. It might be nothing, but it could be something dangerous. It would be better to find out wich it is now rather than later."

"Just be careful, your nearly whole now, we don't need you getting yourself hurt again." The painted mare cautioned sternly not wanting to see her little friend hurt.

"I'm quick, quiet and clever. Don't worry, I'll be all right." And with that he dissapeared into the foaliage in a brown blur.

The mare chuckled to herself realizing that Foalen had been consentrating so hard he haddn't even noticed the conversation.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:28 am
A strange occerance: part 2

It had hours since Takota had gone off to see what had been disturbing the forest animals in the woods along the coast and Ayita was beggining to get worried. Darkness had fallen draping the forest like a shroud. Though her eyes were better for seeing during the day she stood outside the teepee standing watch in hopes that her little brown fox would be returning soon.

Arround her the crickets chirped singing their songs to the night. The ocasional insect buzzed past but Ayita igored them. She was waiting for any sign of Takota's passing.

Silently she stood becoming more worried with each passing moment. Just as she was about to go out in search of the fox a nearby bush rustled and then parted to reveal a tired and limping Takota.

Wearly he flopped down on the ground before her trying desperatly to catch his breath.

"Takota what's wrong, what happened."

When his breathing had steadied he looked up at the mare his eyes filled with fear. "I found some twoleggers. But they aren't like any you've seen before. They are very pale as if all their color had been washed off of them."

Ayita shook her head interupting the flow of words pouring out of the fox. "No, I've seen the pale ones before. There was a soquili with one who was being misstreated by the twolegger and he ran away from him.

The fox nodded taking in the information. "The one I ran into wasn't very nice either. He had a long stick that made thunderclaps and spit fire."

The painted mare took a step back her eyes round. "How can a twolegger make thunder? And I've never heard of sticks that spit fire."

"I don't know. But I've seen it. The two legger I ran into was sptting fire at me. Though I don't know why, I ran away from him when I heard the thunder. If he isn't the only one with a fire stick then I can see why the animals would leave their homes. Though that wasn't the only reason. There were huge feilds of empty holes in the ground where trees used to be. I don't know what happed to the trees, but without the trees a lot of animals would have to find new places to live.

"That's incredible. I can hardly believe it." Ayita murmured quietly.

"It's true. I wouldn't have made something like that up." The fox protested standing up dispite his obvious exaustion. He had been running hard for some time that much was certian.

"I believe you Takota, it's just that what you say is so strange. I wonder if any of the other soquli have encountered these fire spitting sticks. I shall have to warn the herd about the sticks they could be troublesome if someone accidentily ran into a twolegger who had one."The mare's expression softened and she turned to smile down at the fox." Why don't you go into the teepee and rest now, Foalen has a fire on and you look like you could use some sleep."

"Yes, I think I'll do that. I'm sorry the news wasn't good." Takota appologize as he made his way over to the teepee entrance.

"With all the animals having fled to a new area I wasn't exactly expecting good news. I'm just glad you're all right. Go on now and get some rest, I'm going to go warn my herd of what you've seen." Ayita nodded as the fox bobbed his head in her direction in farewell and slipped quietly inside the teepee.

Ayita stood still for a moment listiening to the sounds of the shaman's warm voice welcoming the fox before setting off to find her herd.

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Hime

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:42 am
Taroji made a little catlike jump up on a larger stone and looked out over the landscape. He took a deep breath, smiled and waved his braided tail. He was usually more slow but after a long goodnights sleep he felt good.

He decided to take a walk to see if there was something fun to do or watch. He loved to feel the grass under his hoves while he was walking he watched and smelled the area and air around him to see if he picked up a scent he hadn't felt before maybe another soquili or another animal maybe..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:56 am
New friends

Applejack was alone in a lush little field of grass dotted with bright flowers that gave off a sweet scent as the orange mare made her way slowly around to sample the tasty vegitation when a sudden mostion caught her eye. It was up in the rocks on the hill not far from where she stood.

Long orange ears swiveled around as her cerulian eyes passed over the brown and gray features of the rocks. It took a while for her to spot the stranger, his beautifully marked coat hid him so well.

Curious when she realized it was another soquli that she was facing Applejack whinnied a welcome trotting closer to the stallion standing on the rocky outcropping.

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Hime

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:21 pm
Taroji took some light steps and jumpes across the smaller and bigger stones he had a very good balance for walking and jumping on rocks for being a soquili but maybe he had practice..

Then he stopped and turned his head and ears towards a female soquili woah she was close, where did she come from? he blinked and looked curiosly at her and tilted his head and smiled..

She had a diffrent kind off colored fur too but very pretty indeed all mare's was always pretty in there way..

" Oh hallo?! "

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:49 pm
Applejack watched in astonishment as the unfamilair stallion came toward her hopping and jumping across the uneven terrain between them. Horses were known for their abilities to move on flat land, but this fellow was as nible as the cat his coat was patterned after. She would never even think of trying to gamble over the bouldrs as was doing with such ease.

Shaking her head as if to clear her mind, the ornage mare set her mane to dancing over her long neck. Remembering her manners she bobbed her head, offered the stallion a welcoming smile. "Hi there, I'm Applejack. And what's your name?"

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Hime

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:37 pm
The pattend male walked up to the female after jumping on the smaller and bigger rocks he waved his tail and smiled towards her..

She seemed to be curious about him too that was always good so he hadn't scared her away or something. He bowed his head and looked pleased over hearing her name she sounded nice even if she didn't know her..

" Oh i am Taroji nice to meet you! you live around this area? "

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:29 pm
"Taroji? What a lovely sounding name. And no I don't come from here," Applejack shook her head. "At least I didn't come from here origonaly, I tend to wander around a bit. I came upon this place pretty much by accident." The orange mare said with a grin.

"It's beautiful though isn't it?" She asked looking around the small prarie surrounded on three sides by rock and well hidden on the other by tall trees. "So do you come from around here? I've never seen any soquili like you before.

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Latonia de la Courtel

Daring Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:09 pm
((Foalen... I think I'm going to have my Settler Character "dissappear" and transfer my new Soquili to Tashika... Would you mind Rping with them?))

Tashika halted by the path to Foalen's Teepee... Realising she hadn't been to see him in some time.. She wondered how Ayita and Takota were, and before her mind could finish her thoughts, she was headed down the path to see him.
Once again she had been out collecting berries, and found a few strands of silver hair along with a scrap of red cloth attatched to a thorn bush. Blood had been spattered on some of the leaves, and she figured a Soquili had been hurt. Glad she had carried the healing salve around in her basket, she had hunted for the Soquili for most of the day.. And had no luck.
"Perhaps Foalen will have an idea..." She murmured. "Besides, I should make sure he and Ayita and Takota are allright after the Pale-Faces have come and gone..."
With a litling whistle, she set up the trail happily, hoping her friends were home. She could spare a few berries for Takota (nay a whole little basket) and maybe speak to Ayita and Foalen for awhile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:30 pm
Ayita heard something moving outside and decided to poke her nose out of the teepee to see who it could be. Recognizing the young woman who had brought her and her friends so many treats the painted mare whinned a greeting to Tashika from the partly open door of the teepee.

At the mare's feet something moved stiring the fabric of the teepee as a brown blur revealed itself to be Takota his bright eyes gleeming in the darkness of the teepee. Yipping at the sight of Tashika he slipped outside and bounded up to welcome her.

The commotion created by his friends brought the shaman's attention to the door and the young woman standing outside of it. "Ah It's Tashika, Be welcome."  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Hime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:11 pm
The stallion smiled happily she seemed to be a nice girl this Applejack and this was a very nice place indeed Taroji loved the forest the must but other places could be absolutly wounderful too..

" Yup that is my name...i tend to wander around to but i use to live back in that forest now "

He nodded to the direction there he came from. He then looked down and patted one off the rocks with his hoves..

" I must admit i like these rocks "

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:45 am
"I had noticed that. It's unusual for a soquili to actually like rocky terrain like this. Most of us don't have the balance or agility to be able to stand on or move around rocks eaily." Applejack said as the freckled mare returned Taroji's smile.

She glanced down at her own hooves before looking up again. "Though I suppose there are exceptions. The cloven hooved soquili and the wind soquili both seem to be better equiped for the higher more rocky areas. I generally try to stick to the forest and prarie lands myself. It's not that I don't like the rocky areas, I just never thought to try climing up ontop of the rocks. It doesn't look like it would be very easy to stay upright. How do you manage it?"

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Hime

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:49 pm
Taroji nodded happily and waved his long braided tail once more. Hmm maybe it was hard jumping and climbing on rock for a soquili course he was use to forests too but limbing on rocks wasn't hard or was it?

he looked down at his hoves then he took a few steps closer and looked at hers she seemed to have hoves just like him..

" Umm i guess i am born with it but i can teach you if you want? "

He smiled and it didn't look hard when he did it but it probably was hard. And he had never seen a wind soquili ro any other rare kind so he couldn't compared with those..

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff