Submit

Noble Legolas

Hardworking Sex Symbol

13,500 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:58 pm
I don't have a problem with God, but all the more with all of His fanclubs.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:25 pm
Plugabugz
I don't have a problem with God, but all the more with all of His fanclubs.

Seconded!!  

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

Laserwulf

5,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:20 pm
I was raised Lutheran, but during my time in the Army I had plenty of time to think about what -I- believe, and am now an atheist. It bothers me how my family doesn't go to church that often, much less openly express religious devotion, but I know they would have a fit if I was honest with them. I'm not sure what my g/f & I will do if/when we get married, since she shares my views on religion. Of course, we'd soldier on through an atheist ceremony if we could get Richard Dawkins to oversee it (once we're done SQUEEing in fanboy/girl-ism).  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:37 pm
Born Mormon, became pagan as a preteen, when Buddhist as a teen, Taoist as a young adult, and have delved into other countable religious sects, beliefs, and faiths as well. Now I just believe in the concept of higher power, but not a tangible free thinking being that condones judgment toward other creatures, and such. God is everything as everything is god. Not really sure what you'd label that. I guess I'd call myself a religious free agent at the moment ^_^

"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings." (Albert Einstein)  

Dark Elf Mitsuyo

Tasty Explorer

20,250 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Fox Muse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:22 pm
I think if i had one religion that defined the beliefs that i held it would have to be Shinto. I believe that "God" or a piece of god lives in everything. The souls of the dead go back to "God" and renew our world. Kami, or Gods that live in every leaf and rock, are respected and honored. That may sound very hippie but shouldn't God be God if i call him Kami, Jesus, or Buddha. All Life should be respected, even the lowest worm.
Gods are still there if you believe in them or not. Isn't it comforting to think that your ancestors are connected to Kami and look after you?  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:51 pm
boopsie63
this is my first post! I met a person on Gaia that does not beleive in a higher power. This has upset me a get deal cry I live in the bible belt.Everyone beleives! What do you think! Please don't be ugly! I would like a truthful answer.

Well for starters just because you're in the bible belt doesnt mean everyone believes. I happen to personally know quite a few in the bible belt that are Pagans, Wiccans and just plain old Atheists and Agnostics.
There was a map i saw once that did a breakdown of the religious beliefs of people in the different areas of the country and even in the bible belt about 15% of the people polled had no religious beliefs.

It may have been your first meeting with an unreligious person on Gaia but i can almost gaurantee it wasnt the first unreligious person youve ever met. Most Atheists dont go around screaming it to the world and the majority actually keep it a secret especially around others they know are believers. You have no idea how much hate and nastiness is aimed at those who dont believe in the Christian God in this country.  

Arroree

yo_wtf

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:23 pm
I don't think your god wants you to be upset when you meet people that are different from you. He wants you to love them and try to understand them so you can live together in peace and harmony.

If he doesn't feel this way, I don't see any point in him at all.

I believe in belief. There is a lot of power in the human mind and I believe in that. I guess you could say I believe that god is in our minds - is our mind - we are god.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:24 pm
I am sort of on the fence about this, I REALLY want to belive that God exsists and that when I die (and have been deemed good enough (well IF I have) to enter those pearly white gates) I will be able to live eternally in Heaven and all that but I also don't belive in him since I haven't seen, myself, what God can do, if he IS actually alive etc. And so thos makes me a skeptic and makes it hard to have faith in what we don;'t know what is true or not. I however DO belive there is something out there, wether it is God or not, I don't know, but I do think there is something out there.

Though, I don't have a problem with those who belive in God, if they do, thats fine, that is there business, the ONLY time I have a problem with it is when you get those 'pastors' who get on TV and basically tell you in a round about way that if you don't give at least 200 dollars you won't be cleansed or whatever. Then that money, ends up being used less for the church and more to line the pastors pockets so they can get themselves a new car or whatever while something like 30 bucks out of per 200 dollar donation ends up going towards the church to give to charity or whatever.

The sad thing is about this, is that SO many people fall for it, especially if the Pastor makes it sound like you are being a bad person in the eyes of God or whatever if you dont give 200 dollars which is horrible and is easy to see why some devoted christians DO give 200 dollars since they don't want to look bad in front of God but that pastor just sucked them in.  

Cassandra Kindred

6,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100

LilyRoseFaerie

5,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:34 am
I myself am a Pagan following the Greek Pantheon. Been Pagan since 1997, geez, has it been THAT long? I have no problem with people following other religions, but so many others seem to have a problem with me (or any other follower of a non-Abrahamic religion for that matter). I also live in a Bible Belt area. I worked in a local hospital and all day long all I heard was Jesus this, and Jesus that, etc. I got rather tired of it. If I were to go in and say "Hera bless you" or "Hera loves you" I would have most likely been fired. I didn't wear my beautiful triple moon pentacle with the moonstone inlay, but everyone else felt free to wear their crosses, etc. Once everything is lined out here at home (long story, may post if anyone's interested), I am going to put up my Pagan decor and make my little trailer feel like a home. Yes, I live in a trailer. It's all my husband and I can afford. I have a gorgeous statue of Hera, and She occupies the highest point in the house. smile Anyway, sorry for rambling, I have to hurry up and check on the kiddos now.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:25 pm
Nope. I'm an atheist and an anti-theist.  

FinneganBell

Maddie Pryor

4,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:27 am
I love God. She's saved my a** a couple of times. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:56 am
I take yoga for my dose of spirituality/meditation. But I don't disbelieve in Him. I don't think I will ever deny His existence because I have no idea, and I'd feel pretty upset about someone telling my friend(s) I didn't exist... Unless I felt so awesome that I was so unbelievable cool  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Ergates

Conservative Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:30 am
No, but I believe in faith as a powerful force, and in people's spirituality. The universe is too vast and inexplicable for me to believe there is any particular entity in control, but I guess it all depends on what anyone defines as "god". To everyone who does believe in a god, who am I to deny them their faith? It would be nice if there was some all-wise entity, but personally I find no logic or reason to that, and good and evil to me is just what proves to be in the best or worst interests of humanity in general.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:10 am
I consider myself anti-religious. I don't believe in a deity or believe there should be a higher power or that anyone else should believe in a higher power. It's just how I feel 3nodding  

iwillkillthee

Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces