Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hufflepuff Common Room
Girls' Dormitories Hufflepuff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:35 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Sleepy in The Common Room with Housemates
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Ohmygosh he sent me a present!!! ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Mary have mercy, now look what I've done. ❦ ❦ ❦xxx
                                                          But don't blame me because I can't help where I come from. ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxx
                                                          And running is something that we've always done, ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Well and mostly I can't even tell what I'm running from. ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spacePersephone woke up on Christmas morning in a bit of a daze. The blonde sat up in her bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes and yawning. It was a long moment before she noticed the letter and package that had arrived for her. Her eyes went wide as saucers, because she recognized Darcy's handwriting on the envelope. Had he...? She grabbed the letter and read it two, three times, getting more and more excited with each reading. He'd gotten her a present! Logically, she knew she was seriously overreacting, but she couldn't help it! He'd thought of her and given her a present! Also, he'd signed the letter, 'sincerely yours,' which, woah! She knew he didn't mean it the way it sounded in her head, because A, he was a grown man and B, he had a wife, but that didn't stop the butterflies in her stomach from going crazy. The second year grabbed the small package, tearing it open. When she saw the tiny figurine, her heart stuttered. It was so cute! She needed to write him back! Oh, but, her daddy hadn't sent her his present yet, she thought, scowling. Dammit, she couldn't send him a letter with no present! Especially since he'd sent her a present! She frowned. She'd just have to wait, she supposed, setting the little mouse down on her bedside table, squealing inwardly. It was so cute! And very thoughtful. She would have to take very, very good care of it.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❦ ❦ ❦ I cannot run from my family, they're hiding inside me,
                                                          xxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ Corpses on ice, come in if you like, but just don't tell my family.
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ They'd never forgive me, they say that I'm crazy,
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ But they would say anything if it would shut me up.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:56 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Iris Alethea Whitte~Hufflepuff Third Year~Pure Blood

My heart can't possibly break.....

Iris stormed up to her dorm, not letting angry tears fall until she was certain she was alone. Flinging her trunk open, she started yanking out all her Hufflepuff marked items, piling them on the bed. Everything else was shoved back into the trunk. Wiping the tears away, Iris swore softly as she realized her hands were shaking.

.....When it wasn't even whole to start with*

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:40 am
User Image

HERBOLOGY PROFESSOR │ HEAD OF HUFFLEPUFF │ DEPUTY HEADMISTRESS

Things at Hogwarts certainly had a way of getting around. That had seemingly always been the case. So many people all in one place, it was impossible not to hear something. Today was no different. Perhaps the only difference was how quickly Pandora had heard about one of her third years storming out of Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Walking into the Girl's Dormitory, Pandora found Iris Whitte angrily packing what seemed to be all of her possessions into her trunk. At the moment, the professor knew one thing for certain, whatever had happened had to be bad. Walking up on the girl with quiet footsteps, Pandora paused just next to her. "Do you want to talk?" the woman asked.

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Iris whirled around, looking startled, then guilty. "Professor! Um...." Her eyes flicked around, but it was a bit hard to hide her packing, or the way that everything distinctly Hufflepuff had been excluded messily on the bed. She pasted on an embarrassed smile, but it didn't reach her fragile-looking eyes. "I'm sorry for my language earlier?" she tried, though it came out more like a question than a statement .

x Hufflepuff x OoC:
[quote="Violet the Maestro"

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:36 pm
User Image

The professor raised an eyebrow at the girl. As if either one of them would be here right now if this were a simple matter of someone shouting some obscenity. "Miss Whitte, I think we both know that's not why I'm here. I'm here because I want you to know that I'm here if you want to talk about that. After all, I don't think running away from this is going to solve much of anything," Pandora said as she took a seat on a nearby chair. Thoughts of Romulus came to her mind. He had run from his problem for so long and it ate him alive. Now, he was sitting in a cell in Azkaban and she still had problems going down to where he attacked her. "Of course, I don't want to pry. Prying just sort of makes things worse sometimes. Of course, sometimes I wish I did pry. I knew someone once who kept things inside for too long and it ate at him until he was a completely different person."

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Iris sighed, and sat on the edge of her bed. "It's nothing," she insisted, sounding like she was trying to convince herself. "I mean, I hate that nickname, but there wasn't any reason for the rest of it. It just surprised me, that's all," Iris said, looking away. She rubbed unconsciously at her unmarked wrist, where the boggart had sported a ring of finger-shaped bruises.

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:53 pm
User Image

Nothing? So this is what nothing looked like. It always amused Pandora how the students thought she didn't know anything. "Iris, this doesn't look like nothing. You don't seem like the type to pack up all your bags over nothing," the professor said, looking at the girl's bags. "You know, boggarts only reveal fear, not truth. I always looked at it as though I were seeing something that I could work around. Although, to be honest, I'm not quite sure what I would do if I saw one now," she admitted, thinking of her time under the imperious curse. She shuddered to think what could have been. She could have been killed, or worse, she could have killed a student. Certainly a boggart would take the form of something related to that. Pandora really didn't want to find out.

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:41 pm

A bitter laugh slipped out, and Iris's whole bearing changed. Her reserved, closed demeanor slipped away, revealing something sharper, meaner. "I don't seem like the type? Ha!" Iris flashed a bitter smile at the professor. "What, am I too nice? Sweet? Quiet? Am I too much of a good girl? A good Doll?" she sneered.

She boldly met Professor Thorne's eyes, chin thrust forward defiantly. Wariness danced in her own blue eyes, even as angry venom poured from her lips. "I bet I don't look seem like the type to run away from home at eleven either. Of course, that might have been more effective if anyone had noticed. You know, other than the hotel staff." Her smile grew, became sharp enough to cut. "Go ahead, see if I was ever reported missing my first summer back. I was gone for days, and I only bothered going back because it looked like I might get reported if I stayed out any longer. I still sleep at my parent's house over the summer, but it took my mother almost a month to realize I was gone back to school second year. I spent less than seventy-two hours total in the presence of my parents last summer. Most of that was spent at parties."

Some of the fire seemed to cool for a moment. Iris shook her head. "No, Professor. I don't have any sort of 'problems at home', if that is what you're asking. My parents would have to actually notice me for that," she said with brutal honesty.

x Hufflepuff x OoC: Gah, Iris, sweetie, no, neglect is abuse too.

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:06 pm
User Image

"I didn't mean it like that," she said, trying to keep herself together. What good would things be if they were both wrecks? "I meant that you've got a good head on your shoulders. Certainly 'nothing' isn't why you're like this," the professor explained.

Part of Pandora felt a bit scared to see Iris acting like this. She seemed almost like a wild animal, backed into a corner. However, as she listened to the girl talk about her home life, the woman could feel her heart breaking. Pandora never had children. She would probably never have children of her own. However, that didn't mean that she didn't care for the students as if they were her own blood. She wished that she could give them the world, but she was one woman, and there were so many students. At this rate, the woman considered herself lucky if she could give that to just one student.

The professor was silent for a moment before speaking. "Iris," she said softly. "I had no idea about any of this. Had I known, I would have done something," Pandora said, being completely honest with the girl. She could feel herself fighting back tears. "Now, there's not too much I can do about you deciding to leave or not, but where exactly do you plan to go? I don't imagine you'd go home," she added.

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:55 pm

"You don't know anything about me. Random kids in muggle London know me better," Iris said, bland tone at odds with the words. "Maybe I'm 'like this' because I'm tired of pretending. And I'd go to Gringott's, of course. Money is important to a good run-away plan. Wizarding tents don't hurt either, and wouldn't you know it, I can buy those nearby. I'd figure it out from there," she said with a shrug.

She wasn't about to mention any of the real plans she had. Granted, Gringott's did figure into her plans, but she wasn't about to give away Jer by mentioning his offer of finding her somewhere safe, or mention her fuzzier alternative plans. More than one muggle had slipped her a 'crisis help' number of flyer after seeing her around once too often though, so she was certain she could find some help somewhere. And if it came down to it....she knew her parents never noticed her during the summer. She could just as easily sneak in during the school year, and as long as she was careful, they'd never notice.

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:04 pm
User Image

Pandora sighed. She was really set on this wasn't she? But there were quite a few reasons that the professor couldn't let Iris just run away. Hogwarts was a safe place. Well, as safe a place as you could get. Sure there were issues, but there were enough people around to deal with those. But what was she going to do about this? She had to do something. She wasn't just Head of Hufflepuff anymore, she was the Deputy Headmistress. That meant she must knew what she was doing. Oh, if only they knew.

The professor listened to the girl's plan. At least she had one. It made Pandora wonder exactly how much experience she had with run-away plans. "You know, your plan would actually be a pretty good one, except it might be difficult to get anywhere without a wand, especially Diagon Alley," the professor said. She knew where Iris' wand was. And she knew that the girl currently did not have it.

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Iris raised an eyebrow, then shifted. Suddenly she looked innocent and shy again. She glanced up at Professor Thorne through her eyelashes. "Um, excuse me? I'm so sorry to bother you, but could you open Diagon Alley for me? I forgot my wand, and I need to get mum a birthday gift. Please?" she pleaded. "What? I'm home schooled. We didn't move to London until I was three, and mum didn't want to send me all the way to Beaubaxton's. Daddy dropped me off, he's going to be back in two hours. I didn't realize my wand was at home until just now. I'm really sorry for bothering you, thank you so much!" Iris said, every word seeming completely sincere and honest.

Settling back, Iris relaxed again and smirked. "It's not like I can use my wand without getting into trouble anyway. But you do have a point. Running away from boarding school is probably not the best idea," she admitted with an annoyed flick of her hair.

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:04 pm
User Image

Did Iris honestly think that was going to work? After that whole bit about her parents, did the girl truly think Pandora would let her leave to go get her mother a present? As far as the professor was concerned, that woman didn't deserve such a thing. Pandora simply raised an eyebrow at the girl. After all, this was almost a complete change of heart. It seemed as though she had gone from the person Iris wanted to speak to least to her best friend. "Iris, I know that your wand isn't at home," she said softly as she took it out of her pocket. "You left it in the classroom. I figured I'd bring it to you since I was coming here anyways." The professor was curious to see what the girl would do now that she had her wand. Hell, Pandora had already been imperioused. She doubted anything Iris could do would be worse.

"And I think this might actually be the best place for you at the moment. I'm sure you've got friends here, and I know for a fact that at least one person cares about you. Here, you can learn how to be your own person, which is something I think you really want," the professor added. She didn't want any student to feel like they had to leave. But she also didn't want any student to feel like they were prisoner inside the school. Part of her was starting to feel as if this was an impossible battle.

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Iris stared at Professor Thorne in disbelief. "....Are you serious? Really? And you wonder why we think adults are idiots. I wasn't telling you my wand was at home, I was showing you how I'd get into Diagon Alley without my wand," she said in a tone that made it clear she'd thought this was very, very obvious. Taking the wand, she reached under her shirt to tuck it into a bra holster beneath her bust.

"I suppose I should be glad you aren't telling me I should stay here because you have wards against the boogie monster, who will eat me if I run away," she said with a dramatic eye-roll. "Whatever. You've done your thing. I've got three hots and a cot here anyway, I'll stay. Congrats. Gold star."

Turning away, Iris began to fold her uniforms. "Besides, even ignoring that darling example of just how in touch you are with the wider world, let's be honest. It's not like I'm a real 'puff. I wasn't sorted here because it was the best place for me, or because I'm hardworking or loyal," she said with a slightly mocking sneer to the last word. "What I am is an academically average, ambitionless coward." The harsh assesment carried no bitterness, just solid certainty. "But dear Helga was generous to a fault. I'll take the rest, and teach them all the same. I was sorted here because no one else would have me. It's silly to pretend otherwise. Maybe in another life I could have been one of your happy little badgers, all snug in the sett, but this time around?" Iris shook her head. "I'm not really one of your cete," she said almost gently. "Don't waste your time, or mine, with protests and lies, however polite. I'll be just fine without all the fiction."

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:05 pm
User Image

Pandora felt like an idiot. There was no way getting around that. It had truthfully been some time since Pandora had left Hogwarts. She really didn't see a reason to. Her family was gone, she had no lover, and all of her friends were in the school. But she couldn't tell that to Iris. She was just a student. "Whatever reason the hat had for putting you here, I have no idea. But I never think my time's wasted on a student. Hufflepuff wanted to teach everyone, and I'd like to think that means regardless of house. Even if you were placed somewhere else, I would still care," the professor said as she thought about leaving. The girl no longer wished to run away, but now she was upset at Pandora.

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Hufflepuff Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces